Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Looked more to me that they were casting Blessed Weapon, unless we're talking different knights.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Bogart posted:

Looked more to me that they were casting Blessed Weapon, unless we're talking different knights.

Different knights. Silver Knights have an R2 attack and several others where they charge their weapons with lightning mid-swing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So now that some DLC is coming out and skimming the thread tells me nothing, I'll ask again - is poise still busted

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxxidation posted:

So now that some DLC is coming out and skimming the thread tells me nothing, I'll ask again - is poise still busted

Poise is still "hyper armor gets buffed when you wear heavy armor."

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Oxxidation posted:

nope! the good news is, the devs confirmed months ago that poise is working as intended!

now, exactly what "working as intended" actually means is a whole other story

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Maleh-Vor posted:

Different knights. Silver Knights have an R2 attack and several others where they charge their weapons with lightning mid-swing.

Oh, right. The Anor Londo knights, not the Consumed Garden's knights.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Bogart posted:

Oh, right. The Anor Londo knights, not the Consumed Garden's knights.

Those are cathedral knights.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Play with a weapon that has Perseverance for that nostalgic poise feel.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Speaking of Cathedral K***ghts, does anyone have an unleveled or +3 Cathedral Knight Greatsword lying about I could use?

Edit:

Never mind just dropped.

fishception fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 1, 2016

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
So the DLC comes out later this month and I'm starting to think about making a character for it, and i'm wondering- does anyone have any kind of inkling/hunch of where the entrance point to the DLC will be? :dance:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The DLC entrance will be in Dark Firelink and will be predominantly recycled zones with the lights turned off, presented without context or explanation.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't wait for the chalice dungeon dlc

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It would be nice if for once, they added to the dark souls games, some kind of randomized dungeon, a bunch of layouts and every time you reset it, it'll fill with different enemies and a random boss fight at the end. Add some rewards like extra titanite slabs or random boss weapons. I know the souls series aren't diablo but could help with replayability.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guillermus posted:

It would be nice if for once, they added to the dark souls games, some kind of randomized dungeon, a bunch of layouts and every time you reset it, it'll fill with different enemies and a random boss fight at the end. Add some rewards like extra titanite slabs or random boss weapons. I know the souls series aren't diablo but could help with replayability.

It's a crazy idea but it just might work

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Maxy Boy posted:

So the DLC comes out later this month and I'm starting to think about making a character for it, and i'm wondering- does anyone have any kind of inkling/hunch of where the entrance point to the DLC will be? :dance:

All we know is it's confirmed that you'll be able to access it somewhere in the middle-to-late game, IIRC. As to exactly where, who the gently caress knows. So just don't go to ng+ and you'll be set; even if you're at endgame levels the DLC should still be fairly challenging if the DLC of previous games gives a clue.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Heard rumors that a boss was an 8 foot tall humanoid in armor with a sword, confirm/deny?!?!

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Kangarookie posted:

Heard rumors that a boss was an 8 foot tall humanoid in armor with a sword, confirm/deny?!?!

its nothing but 8 foot tall humanoids all the way down boys

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Guillermus posted:

i would pay full price for a DLC that just made NG+ and up actually play differently, like DS2 did it. just randomize every single non-consumable item placement, and randomize puss-of-man hollows in every zone, and add random NPC invaders from all possible invasion covenants in every area.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i will pay full price for probably any souls game dlc tbh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ds2 added a couple events and new enemies but it wasn't that different. I remember black phantom enemies being in previous games in ng+ as well tho, dunno why they dropped the concept. maybe the amount of people playing ng+ wasn't enough to make any significant changes and just changing a couple encounters wasn't enough

the coolest thing they could do for ng+ is like a sotfs style revamp of every encounter but lol that's not happening

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember black phantom enemies being in previous games in ng+ as well tho, dunno why they dropped the concept.

IIRC that's not a thing in any game except for DS2, and even then only in the DLC areas (which get black phantom variants of enemies in Ng+2 in higher, at least in the base game; not sure about SotFS). Demon's Souls have black phantom enemies purely as a World Tendency thing, DS1 had them as a Gravelord thing (which I guess you could argue is also a ng+ thing if you want to be a pedant), and neither BB nor DS3 have anything like that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Genocyber posted:

IIRC that's not a thing in any game except for DS2, and even then only in the DLC areas (which get black phantom variants of enemies in Ng+2 in higher, at least in the base game; not sure about SotFS). Demon's Souls have black phantom enemies purely as a World Tendency thing, DS1 had them as a Gravelord thing (which I guess you could argue is also a ng+ thing if you want to be a pedant), and neither BB nor DS3 have anything like that.

gravelord covenant was something on paper that seemed awesome but just plain didnt work

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
buff to gundyrs items when

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Prisoner's Chain is fine?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Genocyber posted:

All we know is it's confirmed that you'll be able to access it somewhere in the middle-to-late game, IIRC. As to exactly where, who the gently caress knows. So just don't go to ng+ and you'll be set; even if you're at endgame levels the DLC should still be fairly challenging if the DLC of previous games gives a clue.

I assume it'll be one of the paintings in Irithyll in that room with the knights (and the painting of Gwynevere)

This DLC is another painted world - not Ariamis, but related to it somehow.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Spite posted:

I assume it'll be one of the paintings in Irithyll in that room with the knights (and the painting of Gwynevere)

This DLC is another painted world - not Ariamis, but related to it somehow.

If it's Ariamis but on fire, I'll laugh.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So my favorite part of fighting the Deacons of the Deep boss is when you whittle them down enough to summon Pope Fucko and you hear that choral moan to signal it's go time.

Last night I was doing Irithyll and I noticed that sometimes when you fight the spider ladies in the water basement before you find Seigward, they make a pitch-shifted version of that Deacons moan. Do we think this is ~~lore~~ or just a reused asset? I ask because a Cathedral worm man is present in the waters of Irithyll for some reason?

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 2, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

mary had a little clam posted:

So my favorite part of fighting the Deacons of the Deep boss is when you whittle them down enough to summon Pope Fucko and you hear that choral moan to signal it's go time.

Last night I was doing Irithyll and I noticed that sometimes when you fight the spider ladies in the water basement before you find Seigward, they make a pitch-shifted version of that Deacons moan. Do we think this is ~~lore~~ or just a reused asset? I ask because a Cathedral worm man is present in the waters of Irithyll for some reason?

Well, I'd figure it has to do with them being in Irithyll, which is the main center of, yknow, the main Deep faith since Sulyvahn is there. It may even be a common Deep prayer we're hearing, distorted since everyone's all gross and poo poo. Or we could be VaatiVidyaing the crap out of it and it's just reused assets because there ain't any info on what the gently caress those spiderbitches are.

No idea on Cathedral worm man other than I'm p sure Rosaria's poo poo ain't involved with the Deep, considering the worm dudes are seen nailed to walls and something big obviously tried to force it's way into Rosaria's chamber.

fishception fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 2, 2016

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
Drowned spider people have the same gaping maw ribs as Gaping Dragon, the Sullyvahn beast on the bridge and where the deep covenant is, and strangely enough, pilgrim butterflies in Lothric castle (the Dragon slayer armor fight has some motifs of the Gaping Dragon theme, too) . Time to grasp at straws!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Maleh-Vor posted:

Drowned spider people have the same gaping maw ribs as Gaping Dragon, the Sullyvahn beast on the bridge and where the deep covenant is, and strangely enough, pilgrim butterflies in Lothric castle (the Dragon slayer armor fight has some motifs of the Gaping Dragon theme, too) . Time to grasp at straws!

Was there ever any explanation for why there was a giant mutilated dragon in the sewers?

The giant dragon legs in Izalith is assumed were because dragons are immortal, so they just chopped them into pieces and stashed em out the way.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Was there ever any explanation for why there was a giant mutilated dragon in the sewers?

The giant dragon legs in Izalith is assumed were because dragons are immortal, so they just chopped them into pieces and stashed em out the way.

The gaping dragon is like a degenerated descendant of the stone dragons that basically survived the war with the Lords by crawling into the sewers.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Also torsos and poo poo turning into mouths is kind of a thing when you're near the Chaos Flame.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

DatonKallandor posted:

Also torsos and poo poo turning into mouths is kind of a thing when you're near the Chaos Flame.

Also neat thing, if you look down from the Valley of Drakes, it's pretty much a straight drop to izalith (I think)

you find an undead dragon torso hanging off the side of the valley of drakes

also re: gaping dragon and spider ladies, it's proof that eating poop does bad things to you (more than normal)

Dark Souls III - Eating Poop Does Bad Things To You

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think there's a tooltip that says it's basically because he was eating everything, ever that his gluttony overwhelmed him and his dragon-mouth wasn't enough. So he mutated/grew a second mouth...and a second section of torso to house said mouth.

Of course he was in the sewers, and well what there is to eat down there is...

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Dark Souls III - Eating Poop Does Bad Things To You

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I just realized the Dragonslayer's axe is unique in infusion allowing it to keep the lightning and add another element. I may create a Fire mixed element weapon. Lose 10 base damage, add 94 of another. This could be interesting.

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif
small amounts of mixed elemental damage wont do much. that axe with min stats and raw infusion is a sexy beast though, especially w/ lightning blade

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Drakeblood Greatsword keeps its (three) damage types no matter what, you can infuse it with dark or fire and get four out of five types on a single weapon. It also hits extremely hard for a split damage weapon.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I thought there would be a limit to the cat ring. I jumped into the Pit of Hollows. That fuckin cat. :catstare: I might try and gimmick some PVP and see if I can bait people into jumping of cliffs with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That fall never hurts you.