Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cheetah7071 posted:

After watching the newest generations, I can say with confidence that Dragonite is extremely baller

It'd still be neat if Dragonair had a branching evo where the other one kept the sleek snake look, but Dragonite is great

you're gonna love sumo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lupus Rufus posted:

so I just got Latios in OR and I nicknamed him "Jefferson". I am pretty proud of that one.

I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS EVERY SINCE YOU POSTED IT AND I JUST GOT IT.

Wow, I'm a moron.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it doesn't even look like a starship

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Airplane

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Lance's Dragonite spent that entire episode in 'oh look at the time, it's gently caress this poo poo o'clock' mode.
I know now Dragonites are incapable of laughter because Dragonite would have done a lot of laughing in people's faces.

My favorite Part:
Petrel: Let's see how you handle THIS (Weezing uses loving smog or something).
Dragonite walks right through it like a weak fart and then disposes of Weezing expending all the effort of a competitive strongman taking out the bathroom trash bag.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my favorite part was team rocket's ministry of silly walks when they tried to look intimidating for lance

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Manatee Cannon posted:

my favorite part was team rocket's ministry of silly walks when they tried to look intimidating for lance

It really is the best.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's nice to see them showcasing strong trainers as actually strong trainers on-screen. I get that Steven steamrolled those Flare mooks in the finale but you don't get to see it because "oh we'll make a cool transition to the main cast with the implication of something happening"

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dexie posted:

I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS EVERY SINCE YOU POSTED IT AND I JUST GOT IT.

Wow, I'm a moron.

I still don't get it :(

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Zoran posted:

I still don't get it :(

Jefferson Airplane and/or Jefferson Starship.

It took me a while, too!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what's a jefferson airplane ?? if it's a single prop then i don't think it works at all, but a jet might fit. jefferson starship (We Built This City) works a little better, but is a music reference

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

oddium posted:

what's a jefferson airplane ?? if it's a single prop then i don't think it works at all, but a jet might fit. jefferson starship (We Built This City) works a little better, but is a music reference

Jefferson Airplane was Jefferson Starship before they built a city.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Team Rocket used lordosis!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
latios looks more like a jetplane so obviously it should have been named John Denver

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

lol its a rocket man so just call it Elton J or even better E John

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm glad Generations captured just how pathetic Gen II Team Rocket was so faithfully.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey I'm a big dummy and didn't realize that Victini only ran until the 24th. Can anyone hook me up? I also still need a Celebi but I imagine that's going to be harder to swing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sockser posted:

Hey I'm a big dummy and didn't realize that Victini only ran until the 24th. Can anyone hook me up? I also still need a Celebi but I imagine that's going to be harder to swing.

I have like 4 victinis and will trade it for any mythical you have a spare of (other than Darkrai, it and victini are the only two I have)

FC 2036-6771-8463, IGN Alpha. Give me a minute to pull Victini off pokebank and I'll be on.

e: if you don't have any spare mythics I'll give it away for any random trash, I'd just prefer something in return if possible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

jarbv posted:

lol its a rocket man so just call it Elton J or even better E John

It's a dumb Pokemon so don't catch one.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I was specifically going for Jefferson Airplane. Latios is a total airplane

ALSO YOU CAN FLY TO ROUTES IN OR!! AND OTHER PLACES! AAAH! It's great

Nicknames:

In Platinum I named my Empoleon "Linus".
FireRed, I had a Marowak named Yossarian. Parasect named Paradinas. Electrode was Alessandro. Blastoise named A'Tuin. And an Arcanine named Brian (which wasn't a reference to anything that I can recall).
Oh yeah, and a Crobat named "Warng", which I think was just onomatopoeia.

In Black, I had... not really any nicknames. White 2, my Volcarona was named Taco (based off a TV show that I now despise).

In X, I had a female Clawitzer named Bertha. A Barbaracle named SevenOfNine. A Carbink named Hardcastle. A Florges named Lip. A Trevenant named Bonaspook. And a Aegislash named Minaj Atois (because it's a motherfuckin' monster).

Those are my nickname shenanigans I care about.

Where are the Marowaks of yesteryear?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lupus Rufus posted:

we know, but you could have named it after good music, like john denver

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what's the best pokemon to nickname Country Road. i'm going to say. nosepass

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

we know, but you could have named it after good music, like john denver

Mr. Sunshine-on-my-god-drat-shoulders, John Denver?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

actually i just imagined a regigigas walking across america to get home set to the song and i like it

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Weezing is the most West Virginian Pokemon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Russad posted:

Mr. Sunshine-on-my-god-drat-shoulders, John Denver?

yeah, the dude who died in a plane crash while (almost certainly) high off his rear end

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

actually i just imagined a regigigas walking across america to get home set to the song and i like it

this would make a good video, if only i had the ability to draw and do whatever people do to set music to drawings

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjFNvbVZ1Jg

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Post your favorite pokemon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk I think jessie was a better pokemon than james

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
???

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Lupus Rufus posted:

ALSO YOU CAN FLY TO ROUTES IN OR!! AND OTHER PLACES! AAAH! It's great

Nicknames:

In Platinum I named my Empoleon "Linus".
FireRed, I had a Marowak named Yossarian. Parasect named Paradinas. Electrode was Alessandro. Blastoise named A'Tuin. And an Arcanine named Brian (which wasn't a reference to anything that I can recall).
Oh yeah, and a Crobat named "Warng", which I think was just onomatopoeia.

In Black, I had... not really any nicknames. White 2, my Volcarona was named Taco (based off a TV show that I now despise).

In X, I had a female Clawitzer named Bertha. A Barbaracle named SevenOfNine. A Carbink named Hardcastle. A Florges named Lip. A Trevenant named Bonaspook. And a Aegislash named Minaj Atois (because it's a motherfuckin' monster).

Those are my nickname shenanigans I care about.

Where are the Marowaks of yesteryear?

same

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

HoneyBoy posted:

pervy pokemaniac trainer

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HoneyBoy posted:

Breloom, then Garchomp, then Gardevoir, in that order

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm glad guy on the left was able to become a pokemon trainer despite his battle with scoliosis :unsmith:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
We call it the stanky leg in the 21st century grandpa

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's Scolipede actually

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

It's the zombie shuffle. :v:

Adbot