Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should make Halloween squirrels that look like ghosts and zombies and stuff. No skeletons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Gibbering Madness posted:

Garage racon is just Greywords when he was into grunge back in the 90s.

Good times, good times.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Asros posted:

To celebrate the release of Marvel’s Luke Cage, a Netflix Original Series, and also Luke’s long history in Marvel Comics, we are releasing a new event that will be available after our patch on Friday, September 30th and will remain live until 11:59 PM Pacific on Thursday, October 6th. The event centers around Luke Cage and his Heroes for Hire coming together to clean up the streets! There is also a brand new Fortune Card available for purchase that has some great classic Heroes for Hire costumes and other new items!

Marvel's Luke Cage is rated TV-MA. All 13 episodes will be available on September 30, only on Netflix.

Event

Background - The Hellbane Gang is bringing together various crime factions in order to expand its’ territory and have been seen robbing banks, looting shops and mugging citizens! Luke Cage and his band of Heroes for Hire refuse to watch their city be overrun by these thugs, and have gathered to dispense some justice, clean up the streets, and keep the people safe.

Bonus Experience - All Heroes will earn 50% bonus XP during the event as well as faster Cosmic Prestige leveling.

The following Heroes will also gain an additional 50% bonus XP!
  • Luke Cage
  • Iron Fist
  • She-Hulk
  • Human Torch
  • Black Cat
Daily Login Gift - Log in each day for a box with the following items:
  • 10 Gang Member Dog Tags
  • 5 Random Currency (Either Eternity Splinters, Cube Shards, Hero Commendations or Protector. Commendations)
Brand New Achievement Chain - Play as the Heroes for Hire to unlock an exclusive title!

Gang Member Dog Tags - Defeat the following enemies anywhere in the world to gather this new currency which is spendable at the Special Event Vendor in Avengers Tower for new Heroes for Hire themed rewards.
  • Gang Members
  • Maggia
  • Mercenaries
Tournament (4 hour reset, duration 1 week) - The Heroes For Hire are back in action and ready to beat down any punks and gangsters causing trouble.

Earn points by performing any of the following actions in the game world while playing as Luke Cage, Iron Fist, She-Hulk, Human Torch or Black Cat:
  • 1 point per Gang Member defeat
  • 1 point per Maggia Member defeat
  • 1 point per Mercenary defeat
  • 1 point per Civilian Rescued in Midtown, Industry City or Hightown Patrols
  • 3 points per Legendary Mission completed
  • 5 points per Gang Member Dog Tag looted
  • 15 points per Daily Shared Quest completed

Heroes for Hire Fortune Card

The Heroes for Hire Fortune Card includes the following exclusive items in addition to a various assortment of different boosts!

Costumes
  • Luke Cage Heroes for Hire ‘97 Costume
  • Iron Fist Heroes for Hire ‘97 Costume
  • She-Hulk Heroes for Hire ‘97 Costume
Pets
  • Mr. Hammond’s Cat
  • Ignatz
On TC now/soon. No pictures of the HfH costumes or the pets yet.

Asros posted:

We are also giving away a free Luke Cage token for logging in on saturday, as well.
:siren:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 29, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Some Steam Packs are on sale for 50% off.

Marvel's Daredevil Pack: $17.49
Comes with Daredevil, Punisher, and Elektra, and their STASH tabs. You also get the following costumes:
* Daredevil Marvel's Daredevil Costume
* Daredevil Man Without Fear Costume
* Punisher Marvel's Daredevil Costume
* Elektra Marvel's Daredevil Costume

Guardians Of The Galaxy Pack: $19.99
Comes with Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon; Groot, Gamora, and Drax Team-Ups, STASH tabs for Star-Lord & Rocket, 30 Fortune Cards, and the following costumes:
* Star-Lord Conquest Costume (Default)
* Star-Lord Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Costume
* Rocket Raccoon Modern Costume (Default)
* Rocket Raccoon Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Enhanced Costume

Avengers: Age Of Ultron Pack: $19.99
Come with Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye, 1,000 Gs, and the following costumes:
* Captain America Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
* Iron Man Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Hulkbuster Armor
* Hulk Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
* Thor Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
* Black Widow Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
* Hawkeye Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume

All New, All Different Pack: $19.99
Comes with:
* Captain Marvel in default All-New All-Different Costume
* Spider-Gwen Team-Up
* Captain Marvel Hero S.T.A.S.H.
* Thor Jane Foster Enhanced Costume
* Scarlet Witch All-New All-Different Costume
* X-23 All-New Wolverine Costume
* Spider-Man Spider-Gwen Enhanced Costume
* 5x Two Hour Experience Gain Boosts

Deadpool Pack: $19.99
Comes with:
* Deadpool in his default Modern Costume
* Deadpool Zen Costume
* Deadpool Pirate Enhanced Costume
* Lady Deadpool Enhanced Costume
* Deadpool X-Force Costume
* Deadpool Hero S.T.A.S.H.
* Deadpool the Kid Team-Up
* Headpool Pet

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

But most importantly…

(Not actually in the upcoming patch. Coming Soon™ though.)

Edit: and then there's the Ignatz pet, whatever the gently caress it actually is.

And those FC-only costumes.

AND MORE KITTY

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 29, 2016

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

That's fine but now I want classic brown updated.

chombo posted:

I saw the Wolverine VU thread and the ensuing butt discussion and remembered why I avoid the oforums.

At least I have the courtesy to keep my Wolverine butt discussions to myself...

wearing my Wolverine hoodie in front of a full length mirror...

Bottomless.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I'm down with that 97 iron fist

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wow cool stumes, better buy some scratch tickets.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is Lucas Cage fun to play? How Wolverine to Deadpool is he?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He's wolverine tier

maybe even lower lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like playing him but he's rock simple. His AoE and single target damage are much better than Wolverine's.

I would rate him Colossus with muscles.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

And as much as ICR will try to goad you, don't prestige him. He's not entirely fun to level more than once.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

If he doesn't have the most dated kit at the moment, it is up there. Complete with super lovely summoning tree.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lucas Penelope Cage is godly. He is a real man and embodies the spirit of Christmas, honey. Don't take his money, honey or he will turn you into honeymoney, honey.

He is worth all your ult tokens and no matter what, he will get inside you.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
I don't understand the item changes one single bit.

We're moving away from unique items to cosmic level stuff but with an omega affix? And the unique items we get to keep look like they're going to have lots and lots of stats (Ultrons cowl had 5 dura and 5 fighting). They also said they're going to rework how attributes work so the + attribute bonuses on unique items won't be as useful. Those Omega affixes better be real loving good because so far their example of shield bounce hitting 3 extra targets and photon minigun being able to pierce targets is just horrible.

Really not looking forward to having to re gear my entire roster. As long as Wanda and Jean aren't hosed with too much I'll stick around but so far my SG is mostly talking about quitting and some have already left for other games until gaz shows they can do these changes without royally loving them up like they always do.

Also is it just me or does it feel like none of the devs play the game? Asros thinking there are other ways to get credits that are just as fast as chests showed a staggering lack of knowledge of their game. I know they all play WoW though, they all can't go more than 6 hours without tweeting a WoWgasm.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The only good thing about Omega items is that they can scale infinitely, this is different from uniques when they remove the +ranks to powers because... :gaz: ??

The whole concept of how they are releasing omega items, the fact that they don't have any solid ideas on what the omega powers are going to be, how rare omega items are going to be, or even how they are going to arrange the affix pools for them is super concerning considering they want to demo this some time next month. It just seems really off that they aren't going to release this with any new character or new content at all, and their reasoning for not continuing to have uniques being too much work seems really loving dumb. On top of that, instead of trying to shoot for 3-4 omega items per slot, they are aiming for 5-7 per character. When this hits the PTR and if the system plays as dumb as it sounds, people need to make giant walls of angry posts to get them to back off of this dumb idea. The only problem then is that it might take them several months to unfuck themselves and the game will probably just be dead at that point.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

login screen has music now

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Grinning Goblin posted:

and their reasoning for not continuing to have uniques being too much work seems really loving dumb.

Think about the neverending whack-a-mole carousel of unique reviews of the past few years and it becomes pretty clear that maintaining hundreds of unique handcrafted items for a roster of nearly 60 characters and growing was untenable for them and only getting worse over time. Making endgame baseline gear have stats derived from curves and affix pools instantly fixes a lot of serious maintenance problems and should make it easier to build new items in the future.

I mean we can joke about imaginary item budgets all we want but it's clear that, for whatever reason, designing and balancing and rebalancing character uniques took up substantial time in their item production pipeline. It seems like only a good thing that that time can now be spent thinking about something that might be actually cool like "what kind of omega power would enable a new and exciting build for this character", rather than consulting spreadsheets to figure out how much CDR an item is allowed to have or thinking up a new way to proc +2 Fighting.

Titan posted:

We're moving away from unique items to cosmic level stuff but with an omega affix? And the unique items we get to keep look like they're going to have lots and lots of stats (Ultrons cowl had 5 dura and 5 fighting). They also said they're going to rework how attributes work so the + attribute bonuses on unique items won't be as useful. Those Omega affixes better be real loving good because so far their example of shield bounce hitting 3 extra targets and photon minigun being able to pierce targets is just horrible.

They seem pretty adamant that they're going to make sure that Omega items are a clear upgrade choice from the unique gear that players currently have. It's not going to be just "cosmic items with an extra affix", Omega gear is a higher rarity tier than cosmic so it will have higher stat ranges, they're going to do a major review to the shared affix pool, and the way they are talking about the new difficulty system it sounds like the deeper you progress into the difficulty slider you will get the equivalent of higher iLVL omega items.

Who knows if any of this stuff will actually work out, but the rationale makes sense to me.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 30, 2016

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
It's a definite pruning, refinement and streamlining of what we have. Replacing Uniques with the Omegas and a pool of stats and affixes that can be added to sure cuts down on workload from what I can see. Hopefully it means that items are easier to balance and faster to produce if they bypass the Marvel approval gate unlike Uniques.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Method Man on the login screen. What a time to be alive.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Look at you fools. Have you learned nothing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not to trust Lux?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Rufio posted:

It might go well. It might go badly. it'll be interesting, though, whatever happens.

I don't think I can even think of a game doing such a tear-down and rebuild of it's systems.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Streamlining their process won't result in more content, just less work for gaz.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

godface zillah posted:

Streamlining their process won't result in more content, just less work for gaz.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Checkin' up to see if they did anything to my dreamy mahogany manloaf Ruckus Penelope Cabbage but it looks like they just made Logan's outfit wrinkly, added a cat

Also i can't remember my login info, if I don't guess it in the next few minutes it's back to Wizorb. Is there a Groot Force group for Wizorb?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

It's Breakout but as a wizard, so it's different

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Rufio posted:

Maybe they weren't around for costume core guy going on vacation, or red axis becoming a thing, or ilvl 69 medallions/insignias, or 2 heroes a month, or whatever other countless things I am forgetting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That was the best backstory for the tiara and armbands I could possibly have imagined.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Maybe they weren't around for costume core guy going on vacation
Lol I forgot about this. Goddamn.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
did diabetes finally kill frnaklin the banklin or did he just finally stop posting in the thread for a game he doesn't play unlike all of us? I worry about him

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

He is probably playing WoW with Asros and friends.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

It's Breakout but as a wizard, so it's different

this sounds cool

Soothing Vapors posted:

did diabetes finally kill frnaklin the banklin or did he just finally stop posting in the thread for a game he doesn't play unlike all of us? I worry about him

Maybe he has a serious Evejob now?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

frank shows up on the discord as playing Eve Online 24/7 so hes effectively dead

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Saint Freak posted:

That was the best backstory for the tiara and armbands I could possibly have imagined.

did you lol

I lold

e: also being casually called Power Man

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 1, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I miss you guys... some of you. A few of you. Pretty much everyone except dp.

madcow posted:

He is probably playing WoW with Asros and friends.

Nope, I didn't resub. I wont be fooled again by friends saying they want to raid together and then quitting.

punchymcpunch posted:

Maybe he has a serious Evejob now?

About to crest 2500 steam hours... I started in April.
Disclaimer: Eve is very afk friendly.

Kelp Plankton posted:

frank shows up on the discord as playing Eve Online 24/7 so hes effectively dead

I've completely lost control over my life. On the other hand, I've made over 100b ISK over the past 2 months.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
When is the big update?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

jujojoh posted:

When is the big update?

*points to crotch*