Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Akuma posted:

Okay so I ended up getting fined like $1000 in court but bought RoI anyway because FML and I start playing the campaign and what the poo poo are the plaguelands just the cosmodrome with snow what the gently caress?

one of the strikes is literally the Devil's Lair with snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

gently caress's sake.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You could say that strike has been...

...Perfected

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's Devil's Lair but more fun because there's way more stuff to shoot. You're just shooting nonstop, and that's what Destiny is good at.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
now all we need is The Nexus

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Got the snake helm and the fusion. Lost to 3 jugg titans and then to double stormtrance/striker using electrostatic mind and super charge artifacts. loving lovely but we played wrong strat and all made some dumb plays. Artifacts are gross.

Still have a 7 win card to keep for the new scarab matches.

Trials fusion rifle is lit AF

http://i.imgur.com/NLxKzPO.gifv

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
all the trials weapons have fixed scopes? at least it makes them more interesting

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

all the trials weapons have fixed scopes? at least it makes them more interesting

Yeah they get barrels. Also the fusion scope highlights enemies!!! It's basically a legendary Plan C in one config and a Susanoo in the other. It owns.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Really wish I could buy heavy synths faster from xur

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yes and then them in faster at factions

I guess I could just not do like 600 at a time but where's the fun in that

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Looking for a third for trials, see psn PadreChester for details. Scrubs only please.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Yes and then them in faster at factions

I guess I could just not do like 600 at a time but where's the fun in that
Nearly switched to Dead Orbit earlier just to stop having to run back to New Monarchy, holy crap. Ehh, probably still do that when I resume power leveling tomorrow.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Got the snake helm and the fusion. Lost to 3 jugg titans and then to double stormtrance/striker using electrostatic mind and super charge artifacts. loving lovely but we played wrong strat and all made some dumb plays. Artifacts are gross.

Still have a 7 win card to keep for the new scarab matches.

Trials fusion rifle is lit AF

http://i.imgur.com/NLxKzPO.gifv

What strat were you guys running? I'm thinking of doing some trials soon just to take advantage of my light level increase.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I started playing this with RoI after not playing much since TTK. I never really put more thought into picking my gear than "well, it's got a bigger number up top, better equip that". However, now that I'm nearing 365, I was wondering what constitutes a good roll and what sorts of stats are favored. Like, when people say something has a god roll, are they referring to the bars or the perks? And how do some of these perks differ? As in, some perks say they reduce recoil, others increase stability, and others increase handling but to my untrained eyes, these do the same thing. I mostly do pve cause I'm a big dumb baby who doesn't like getting shot by people who are better than me, if that helps.

In short, is there some guide that defines terms and ranks perks in terms of what is generally more useful and what isn't?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I started playing this with RoI after not playing much since TTK. I never really put more thought into picking my gear than "well, it's got a bigger number up top, better equip that". However, now that I'm nearing 365, I was wondering what constitutes a good roll and what sorts of stats are favored. Like, when people say something has a god roll, are they referring to the bars or the perks? And how do some of these perks differ? As in, some perks say they reduce recoil, others increase stability, and others increase handling but to my untrained eyes, these do the same thing. I mostly do pve cause I'm a big dumb baby who doesn't like getting shot by people who are better than me, if that helps.

In short, is there some guide that defines terms and ranks perks in terms of what is generally more useful and what isn't?

ok so two guns that are uh... the same gun, they will have the same stats/bars. ie. two of 'the wounded' will have the same impact/fire rate/etc. only the perks are different.

from there you want perks that... I guess address weaknesses the gun might have. ie. handcannons weaknesses are range and reload speed, so range boosting perks and reload perks are good. Pulse rifles are unstable, so stability boosting perks are good to ensure tight burst groupings and so on.

generally you want perks that are universal or easy to trigger (and are useful). ie. firefly triggers often in pve but less so in pvp. Guerilla fighter is useless you will never ever use the cover it wants you to

there's resources on reddit and what not, but also pay attention to the guns people post here, good or bad.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 1, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MarshyMcFly posted:

What strat were you guys running? I'm thinking of doing some trials soon just to take advantage of my light level increase.

Top spawn immediately push outside and try and rotate around so the other team is in the four-way hallway with the central pillar. I would run a feignt left to that same room to see if I could get radar ticks (central pillar in that hall lets you check this approach completely protected from sniper fire) and engage before breaking off and going through courtyard to my teammates. If they followed in numbers my teammates would push back from courtyard to our spawn and nail them.

If they stayed in pillar hall we'd compress on the inside bar and have one watch outside, one watch door to pillar hall and one shade back to escalator to head glitch the escalator if the team rotated to that position. But everyone could team shot the door to the pillar hall and nade it if they pushed.

If we got the low spawn we'd bum rush escalator to try the same thing. Just stay out of the pillars hall. Occasionally I would push right from lower spawn solo to do the same read on the pillar hall before going up to bar to meet up with teammates.

We lost to a very good team of 3 jugg matador fucbois, I honestly don't see a counter to a good team of those guys.

We then lost to a team of shitters that camped pillar hall with 2 stormlock s with electrostatic and a Titan with that super charge artifact. loving dumb and I knew this would happen. To be fair we each made one terrible play in that match so we all did our part to help them win, but we should have crushed them and would have if I played it more aggressive with storm shotty. But holding top and playing slow worked against everything but those fucks. We beat some very good teams, lost to one good one, and kinda blew it against some retards.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Went flawless. Got gear @384 for my 385 Titan.

Good poo poo bungie.

Used Jug Titan for most of my games. You are pretty hard to kill with that shield and being over leveled.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Went flawless. Got gear @384 for my 385 Titan.

Good poo poo bungie.

Used Jug Titan for most of my games. You are pretty hard to kill with that shield and being over leveled.

Lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But Not Forgotten with hand laid stock and firefly is a super fun pve sniper. Just FYI.

Too bad my middle column is garbage and the scopes are kind of junk.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

But Not Forgotten with hand laid stock and firefly is a super fun pve sniper. Just FYI.
Feel the same about this The Wounded scout I powered from FWC- FLA5, Full Auto, Hammer Forged, Firefly. Just stable enough to mindlessly tear thru PVE. These new weapons are interesting.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Guys I'm really digging this trials sniper rifle. It's so loving nice.

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

Is this auto rifle any good? No idea where it came from.

bushwookie19 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 1, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Look at this sweet seahawks ship I got.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 1, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Well we got six wins. Didn't get any weapons though which was disappointing.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
http://i.imgur.com/EG9MKwu.gifv

:clint:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Well we got six wins. Didn't get any weapons though which was disappointing.

Dunka, Betty and I got 6-0 and fell the gently caress apart. Couple of tough teams early but it ramped right the gently caress up at 6. Lack of map knowledge crushed us.

We fought 3 teams that used a sunsinger with the skorri artifact (one of which also used Tlaloc). Can't say I think it's worth it when stormcaller / voidwalker are both so powerful right now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Menstrual Show posted:

Dunka, Betty and I got 6-0 and fell the gently caress apart. Couple of tough teams early but it ramped right the gently caress up at 6. Lack of map knowledge crushed us.

We fought 3 teams that used a sunsinger with the skorri artifact (one of which also used Tlaloc). Can't say I think it's worth it when stormcaller / voidwalker are both so powerful right now.

We had some easy pickings but when we lost, we LOST. Still, it was fun and I got some better light level armor out of it so I can hardly complain.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

right?

http://i.imgur.com/hn6GEH2.gifv

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So what's the armor reward structure like now?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So what makes a better combo: Devil You Know with hammer forged+hidden hand, or the FWC hand cannon with hammer forged+rangefinder+ a target acquisition sight?.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

DrNutt posted:

Looking for a third for trials, see psn PadreChester for details. Scrubs only please.

how scrubby we talking ? i'm like 352 but wanna give it a shot, mattnotgeorge on psn

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

DrNutt posted:

sorry i missed your invite, i was running heroics to try to level and lost track of time. shoot me a message tomorrow or something if you end up running more

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah suck my god drat dick Aksis

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Any good subclass to use memory of felwinter on besides nightstalker? I'm thinking it might be good on voidwalker too, especially in trials. Double axion bolt with ophidian aspect and life steal or surge.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

So what's the armor reward structure like now?

Same as it was:
Chance on wins for the yr1 and yr2 flawless armor (not the green and gold stuff, the grey and black stuff - winged sun whatevers). In place of the blindsight gear
5 wins for armor (got boots with INT and strength and side arm ammo) - about as trash as they come
7 wins for weapon (got the shotgun) - it's base range is way too low and it can't drop with rifled (as far as I know). It has hammer forged and another range perk and looks real pretty but I infused it straight away. (these are the blue and yellow weapons).
Chest has a chance for exotic + armor + weapon + emblem on your first run + ornament.

Bounties will also drop a year 2 weapon consumate with level *unless you're maxed. I got a water star. I was 373 running it today and I got all my drops at around that, the 5, 7 wins and the loot crate all dropped pretty well higher (around 377).

Dunno what losses give out, didn't lose a game on the way to 9-0.

I got the scout rifle and titan mark. The scout rifle looks like it'll be ok for plinking on the one in 50 games I actually bother to use a scout rifle for 5 mins before going back to something good, but should be really fun for PVE because it can be made to have explosive rounds and zen moment. Also the sights are really loving pretty as hell and the aim in speed is really nice. I wanted the AR or the pulse because they look like a lot of fun, same with the sniper rifle.

Get used to shotguns if you're going to run it this week. We had 2/3 of our team running shotties a nightstalker and a jugg titan, I ran striker with a sniper and tlw and only really had the opportunity to actually fire my sniper rifle 4 times across all 7 matches. 3 times I got kills, the other time it was a body close range and tlw finish off while I was getting shotgun rushed. There's not much point in bringing one, even the long site lines have a lot of poo poo in the way so even if you're countering a sniper you can hide and glide close with grenades and make it a primary or shotgun battle. It was handy to have when people were peaking corners etc, but it wasn't worth it. Only 2 teams we faced had snipers in their team, one of the teams had 2/3 sniping and we smashed 'em 4-1, the other team was 1/3 sniping and he never even pulled it out.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

actionjackson posted:

Any good subclass to use memory of felwinter on besides nightstalker? I'm thinking it might be good on voidwalker too, especially in trials. Double axion bolt with ophidian aspect and life steal or surge.

Probably a shotgunning/NBP defender

edit: wait wasn't there a bug with that, did they fix it?

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus Christ, I decide to give Trials another shot and it's just one wave after another of 380+. I can get to four wins with no losses and never a single loving round past that. Why do I even bother. My gold package was the same helm that dropped during a match, gently caress this game, I still can't stop playing it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ephori posted:

Jesus Christ, I decide to give Trials another shot and it's just one wave after another of 380+. I can get to four wins with no losses and never a single loving round past that. Why do I even bother. My gold package was the same helm that dropped during a match, gently caress this game, I still can't stop playing it.

I'm having a hell of a time just finding people for it. :negative:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ohrwurm posted:

Probably a shotgunning/NBP defender

edit: wait wasn't there a bug with that, did they fix it?

When I used it, I'd get a kill and overshield when I had double charges, leaving me with one charge. Another kill while shielded would have it recharge without burning the second charge but if there wasn't 2 charges you wouldn't get an overshield.

I found though that by the time the "extend duration of force barrier" perked force barrier ran out I'd have both charges ready anyway.

tbh I couldn't think of a situation, when I hosed with it where I had no barrier and the 2nd charge wasn't procced where I felt disadvantaged in some way

That said, you do need to have two charges present for the overshield to kick in on kill. Again though, the only time you wouldn't have both charges if you had a barrier, got supered and spawned you'd have a 30 second wait max before it would work.

Either way your poo poo cools down faster with felwinters so it's not a big deal. Yeah fair enough you can't get 2 shields in 5 seconds or whatever, but double magnetic grenades, an overshield and then having disintegrate work properly allows some nefarious poo poo.

For instance; running NBB, 44 curtain call and felwinters artifact I got an overshield by killing a dude, slid and killed a 2nd, had the shield burned down by a dude with an AR and then just one tap (from eyasluna) punched him to death because the melee charge (2nd one) was still there. Even in 6s it's going to be rare there's a 4th dude right there to wreck you.

Yeah having a 2nd overshield then proc would have been nice, but I tried to just stay alive for a bit longer, throwing grenades etc by the time I died and spawned it was like 10 seconds before I had two full charges.

Tl:dr: need 2 charges to get 1 overshield. 1/2 charges still allows force barrier to recharge on kill and disintegrate to work. If you can't make it work as is, you wouldn't be able to make it work if 1/2 charges gave overshield because you're a scrub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
To do the exotic pulse rifle quest do you need to all be on the quest or can people that aren't on the quest but the right classes still help.

• Locked thread