Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Good: Vultarax is out for sale.

Bad: It's almost a hundred eurodollars.

e:

quote:

Vulturax Statos-Automata- 175 points

WS:3 BS:4 S:4? T:7 W:4 I:3 A:2 Ld:8 Sv:3+

Unit Type-Flying Monstrous Creature

Special Rules-Cybernetica Cortex(Ignores methodical,may always attempt to target nearest enemy flyer when out of controller range),Reactor Blast,Night Vision

Wargear-
Vulturax Arc Blaster(24",S6 AP5,Heavy 3,Haywire,Shred)
2xSetheno Pattern Havoc Launchers(48",S5 AP5,Heavy 2,Blast,Twin Linked,Re-roll sucessful cover saves)
Enhanced Targeting Array,Flare Shield,Searchlight

Is a Fast Attack choice for Mechanicum Taghmata. Can take another 2 Vulturax in the unit,has options for blessed autosimulacra and power blades.

A T7 flying monstrous creature with flare shield.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
My friend is at the open day and visiting London next week, just asked if anyone needed any FW warhams.

I of course said no, I'm fine.

He's getting me WB land raider doors for my Spartan and Lorgar... my lists don't even have Lorgar in right now

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Russ overload

E: Also the Wolf Cull seems to be Russ following through with his dumb solo plan in Vengeful Spirit and getting what's left of his legion gutted, his pet wolves killed and himself nearly murdered by Horus.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 1, 2016

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

adamantium|wang posted:

Russ overload

E: Also the Wolf Cull seems to be Russ following through with his dumb solo plan in Vengeful Spirit and getting what's left of his legion gutted, his pet wolves killed and himself nearly murdered by Horus.

Deserved every inch of it, I will enjoy reading that book so much.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm getting a young Robert Plant vibe from Russ - if Forgeworld intentionally sculpted an Immigrant Song reference I'm very impressed.

Is that something they do? I've seen other companies do an occasional nod to real people.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Last word is that Book VII is out "soon", and has the new IA book delayed because of it. Also apparently Russ sword has Drach'Nyen in it.

Oh and this bullshit rumour: http://natfka.blogspot.dk/2016/09/the-future-of-horus-heresy.html

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Oh loving wow, look at all this garbage. Someone -really- doesn't understand how GW and FW's relationship works.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's not even a rumor. It's a safe bet. Almost all the troops choices are already in plastic and it's been headed that way for a while. I don't think it'll have any impact on the writing team.

Mango Polo posted:

Good: Vultarax is out for sale.

Bad: It's almost a hundred eurodollars.

e:

T8 flying MC. I totally called it having two lovely havoc launchers from when we first saw pictures of it.

But really, you're going to get it for the heavy 3 haywire with BS5 and -1 to cover saves. I can't think of a good reason to give it any of the upgrades. It wants to float around glancing spartans.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

So, I had a chance to speak at length to some of the Forgeworld guys working on their books today.

Got some very clear news about Book 7 Inferno and Imperial Armour: Fires of Cyraxus.

1) Inferno
It is not quite done yet. However they are supposed to finish it in October, that is the expectation and from what I'm gatherhing it's probably an internal deadline. It was confirmed again that printing takes 12 weeks, as with the previous FW HH books.

So this means a 2016 release is out of the question and that was confirmed to me. If they finish in October as is the plan, the book should be out early February, which as I'm sure you are already collectively murmuring, would be just in time for the Horus Heresy Weekender.

2) Imperial Armour: Tau vs Mechanicus
This book has been put aside lately while all the resources at FW that they have disposable for this sort of work was put to finishing Inferno. As such it will be released after Inferno as well.
However the good news is that this book is 90% finished and does not need much work anymore. When I asked if it will at least be released in 2017, I was told "oh definitely".

Book 8, well I don't think there is anything to be said about it at this time, I'm not sure they've decided what it will be about at this point and it seems that that book is at the very earliest development stages. A 2018 release if you ask me, which would be logical if they already release two books next year.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

gently caress. Atleast they will release the rules as a pdf. Right? Right? :ohdear:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

adamantium|wang posted:

Tau vs Mechanicus book

This is the first I've heard of this but I feel like I've wanted it for years.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

After the constant delays this book better be lined in gold and exceptional in a dozen different ways. poo poo it's been delayed for like 2 years now. Meanwhile they squeezed out calth in less than a year and ultras are still getting model support.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

DJ Dizzy posted:

gently caress. Atleast they will release the rules as a pdf. Right? Right? :ohdear:

I know we've long had Primarchs with rules and no official model, but will this be the first time we've had a model with no rules?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I kinda wish they'd put this much attention to the other legions but I also like having usable rules.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh. It's kind of weird that they'd release the Prospero set before Inferno. I mean, I get it, GW and FW have different teams and different schedules and the box set has probably been ready to go for a long time. GW's not going to hold back on their slated release date. I mean, SW and TS aren't the only two legions out there and the vast majority of the models are generics. The boxes will still sell just fine. I'll definitely be getting one. It just seems that it would have been the perfect time to release the relevant Forge World book. None of us are privy to the inner workings of FW so who knows why exactly it's been delayed, but I'm sure they are aware of the missed opportunity. I hope it's worth the wait.

Personally, I can't wait to get the real Dark Angels rules in like two ten years with six Rites of War and, I don't know, hover land raiders and vortex weapons and poo poo. No one even knows what the hell the Firewing and Stormwing even are at this point. I'm cool with getting stuck with limited legion rules if I also get a bunch of wacky wargear and units. I also hope destroyers eventually get a solid points drop. Goddamn do I want to run a bunch of those maniacal idiots. I still can't believe FW overlooked them somehow while simultaneously discounting veterans. They're side-by-side in the book and a comparison between the two is laughable.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
So I'm painting a Glaive. It's a gorgeous model, which is really the reason I bought it. I wanted to try something a bit different, since you don't usually see camo on Space Marine tanks.

Not sure what I want to do with the Carronade yet. Tempted to try OSL on the coils, but I've never done it before.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
So I have some tank weathering and some bases to finish but I got all excited and had to take pics- I've been playing miniatures games for about 15 years at this point and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever been able to field a totally painted 28mm army:

I started working on these guys in February and I think I can squeeze 1500 suboptimal points out of them now. I have a Caestus built but unpainted to get them up to 2k if I wanted- from here on out I can fill in and diversify instead of just getting an army bulk together.

Vets:

These guys probably want a rhino in the future, but they're the paint job I'm happiest with. With stasis grenade launchers, calibanite swords and acid bolters they have a pretty nasty charge while still being able to take Marksmen as their vet ability.

Plasma:

These guys will usually roll around in the Proteus to grab objectives and do drivebys in the backfield.

Proteus:

Just basecoated for now, I'm gonna weather it when I get the Caestus based too. An explorator web seems useful in an army with a lot of flyers, jetbikes and speeders.

Cataphractii:

They'll ride around in a Caestus someday and stasis grenade things to kill them at high initiative. I might want to make the squad a bit bigger.

Ravenwing:

Javelin and acid jetbikes because they're absurdly good and I love them. I have some more jetbikes and regular bikes that I think are next on the docket to get built so I can go Ravenwing with them and a Caestus full of vets or termites.

Anyway, really really stoked to have an actual army!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

After the constant delays this book better be lined in gold and exceptional in a dozen different ways. poo poo it's been delayed for like 2 years now. Meanwhile they squeezed out calth in less than a year and ultras are still getting model support.

It was slated to be book 3, and ever since then it's been "the next book" :(

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

So we know there are mega grogs out there who have collected whole Chapters of Marines...

Who is going to be mad enough to collect a Legion?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Aesaar posted:

So I'm painting a Glaive. It's a gorgeous model, which is really the reason I bought it. I wanted to try something a bit different, since you don't usually see camo on Space Marine tanks.

This looks great man. Camo is hard to pull of, you nailed it

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is it generally considered a waste to have Horus deepstrike with 5 justaerin?

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is it generally considered a waste to have Horus deepstrike with 5 justaerin?

If you are deep striking Horus wouldn't he be better off with slightly cheaper ablative wounds? I mean for that turn he's sitting in the open unable to assault he is going to have an entire army's worth of firepower sent his way. justaerin function very well on their own don't they?

Edit: S8 will negate those extra wounds. 175pts for 5 4++ wounds or 255pts for 10/5(s8+) 4++ wounds. Tough Call but I would lean towards vanilla terminators for 80 points elsewhere.

krursk fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 4, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Justaerin are double ablative wounds.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Am I reading Sacrificial Offering correctly in that you cannot have assault squads in the primary detachment?

Kind of sucks as I was planning a cool Word Bearers force with assault Marines + a warp cult.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

Vultarax:

I just realized this thing can pop a spartan in 1 turn thanks to cyber wizard skills. Pretty neat trick for cybernetica.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Lord Twisted posted:

Am I reading Sacrificial Offering correctly in that you cannot have assault squads in the primary detachment?

Kind of sucks as I was planning a cool Word Bearers force with assault Marines + a warp cult.

It's certainly ambiguous, but I interpret "The army may not include any models that deploy using the deep strike special rule" to mean you can take units that have deep strike but have the option to not use it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Yeah, I'd say the restriction is on units that can only deploy via deep strike like pods. Units that may deploy via deep strike are ok, you just have to bring them on in another manner (regular deployment, on foot or in a flyer from reserves, etc).

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Awesome. That's on the list once I finish my WB + Demons list. Add on some cool themed cult allies.

Got Lorgar arriving on the weekend reading first heretic to get in the mood. loving ultramarines, they destroyed the perfect city!!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Lorgar did that. By being a pussy heretic :smug:

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Have you guys checked out the Contemptor/Dreadnought Inspiration Thread on heresy30k? If not, you should.

There is some awesome stuff

And some bonkers stuff

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

YES. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I feel like models that incorporate whole different models in them (save for like, a helmet on the ground or a wreck under a titan) are always linda tacky if they're not part of a diorama. That Death Guard Kheres Contemptor and that Battletech as gently caress Rifleman Dreadnought own though.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You know what's wrong with those contemptors?

Their not Leviathans :smuggo:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Leviathans are :black101: as all hell. I need one in my life.

I'm really not a fan of sticking a dead/dying dude on a model's base, but this one is great. No idea why they did it for a mortis though.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Agreed. Stepping on dudes is overdone. It can look cool in a diorama, but you see it so much I'd rather put a cool looking rock or piece of debris instead

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Safety Factor posted:

No idea why they did it for a mortis though.

That's probably how World Eaters mortis' get most of their kills.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
5700 points of heresy painted and based for this weekend. Going to own so hard but goddamn I'm not touching a brush for a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Safety Factor posted:

Leviathans are :black101: as all hell. I need one in my life.

Hell yes they are

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again."

(very wip)