Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My friends went to Victoria & Albert's for dinner, which I unfortunately had to miss because I didn't have that kind of money.

One of them got the Macallan 30-year scotch. He's like, 22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I too would like to drink something older than me.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

tomapot posted:

Microsoft should be renting out one of the parks for the Thursday night party.

drat! Can't tell my wife about that one, she'll be pissed!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

skipdogg posted:

drat! Can't tell my wife about that one, she'll be pissed!

This week is my wife's birthday which means I'll be away for it again next year. Gets costly in being away from home during a school week and having to make up for missing her birthday.

Remind me as we get close to next year, I can get you into the park with me on one of my guest passes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Heading to Not So Scary. Unfortunately my fiancée has to go to Daytona, so I'm solo candy collecting.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

couldcareless posted:

I too would like to drink something older than me.

:pervert:

Anyone else going to the 45th anniversary tomorrow? I'll be there for a while then hop over to Epcot for some F&W in the afternoon.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Zero One posted:

:pervert:

Anyone else going to the 45th anniversary tomorrow? I'll be there for a while then hop over to Epcot for some F&W in the afternoon.

Heading to MK Saturday then again on Sunday for MNSSHP, family bought me a ticket without telling me, so I'll be the one of the weirdos without a costume.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
My original plan for 2016 was to make the trek to WDW in October so I could go to MNSSHP... then I read that the company decided 2015 was the last year they would let adults wear costumes to it. :smith: Was I wrong? On mobile, so I can't cite a source easily.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

Disney Visa Stay Play Dine is out this morning. Should be available for general public on Monday. Good for stays from Jan 1 - to Apr 8. Typical resort exclusions apply.

So how's this work if I already have a reservation? What's the best way to try to get this added?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

PurpleButterfly posted:

My original plan for 2016 was to make the trek to WDW in October so I could go to MNSSHP... then I read that the company decided 2015 was the last year they would let adults wear costumes to it. :smith: Was I wrong? On mobile, so I can't cite a source easily.

They clarified once the parties got closer that adults can still wear costumes, just no masks and the like.

I'm shooting in future world today, enjoy food and wine! I haven't actually gotten a chance to check it out yet.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PurpleButterfly posted:

Costumes are allowed, but they tightened up the rules. Taken from another site:

quote:

General guidelines:
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

Guests ages 13 and under:
Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.

Guests ages 14 and older:
Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground
Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
Themed t-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
May not wear masks of any kind.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you mean me and my girlfirend COULDVE went as brer fox and brer rabbit what is this poo poo disney

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Jose Valasquez posted:

So how's this work if I already have a reservation? What's the best way to try to get this added?

You'll have to call in. I'm really bad with the username/real name connection, but if you've booked with me, I will add it on for you. If you've booked yourself, you'll have to call in.

By the way, Magic Kingdom is 45 years old today.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 1, 2016

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Trapped in steam factory, send help.

It is sooo hot today.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Got a good number of pictures at the Not-So-Scary.

If you showed up with just a printed paper ticket instead of linking your ticket to your pass or band, they gave you these as ticket replacements for the night.

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude
Some kind of idiot I am paying rack rate at French quarter!!!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

smashtcrusht posted:

Some kind of idiot I am paying rack rate at French quarter!!!

When are you going? How long ago did you book? Are you paid in full? Do you want my help? Can I ask some more questions?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Speaking of French Quarter - is the construction done in the food court, or is that still under wraps?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Anya posted:

Speaking of French Quarter - is the construction done in the food court, or is that still under wraps?

Not finished yet as far as I know. Predicted finish time was right before Thanksgiving. I hadn't heard they'd finished early or anything.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Costumes are allowed, but they tightened up the rules. Taken from another site:

Thank you very much for this! :) Glad they kept that piece of the magic alive.

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude

Braksgirl posted:

When are you going? How long ago did you book? Are you paid in full? Do you want my help? Can I ask some more questions?

I can't pm so I'll poo poo up the thread: Feb 11 to 17, 2 or 3 months ago, I am using an agent with...small world? Who says French quarter excluded from play stay dine, and no availability for room only discount.

She quoted me a price of only 200 less dollars to move to riverside. Entire reason of French quarter for us was we did carribean Beach last year and man everything was a hike.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

If you've already got an agent, I won't touch it. I'm not a poacher. And you're out of transfer range now anyway.

If you have a Disney Visa and they told you there was no availability, fair enough. But the S/P/D offer isn't available for the gen pub until Monday. Riverside is a little bit smaller than Caribbean Beach, but then, like, almost everywhere is smaller than CB.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 2, 2016

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Today was pretty ugly at MK, rained practically none stop until an hour before midnight. Every time the TTA entered and left a building it got worse, I thought it was going to be Waterworld at the end. Glad I wore my wool socks today.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Since you mentioned them, protip for travelers and Disney trips; buy some Darn Tough socks. Most comfortable socks ever, made of merino wool so they dry super fast and wick away any sweat to prevent blisters, and they have a lifetime warranty. Get the thin summer ones. Merino wool is also anti-microbial so you can literally wear one pair all week and they'll smell better than cotton socks would after one day.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B5J8E94/ref=twister_B00F0NCJNS?th=1

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anya posted:

I was there just a few weeks ago and it was still under construction.

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude

Braksgirl posted:

If you've already got an agent, I won't touch it. I'm not a poacher. And you're out of transfer range now anyway.

If you have a Disney Visa and they told you there was no availability, fair enough. But the S/P/D offer isn't available for the gen pub until Monday. Riverside is a little bit smaller than Caribbean Beach, but then, like, almost everywhere is smaller than CB.

Yah hey no problem. We have the card and it's just one of those things I guess. We had budgeted for the full price to begin with so it's not a huge deal.

Thanks!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Perhaps your agent will try again on Monday. It's what I would do.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Just got tickets for the first night of the Christmas Party. Sad that I didn't think about getting Halloween Party tickets last fall when I was there, but this will somewhat make up for it. Any good advice?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You can get in as early as 4 and enjoy a longer evening. Don't plan on wearing a Christmas sweater or anything, it'll still be hot.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Anya posted:

Just got tickets for the first night of the Christmas Party. Sad that I didn't think about getting Halloween Party tickets last fall when I was there, but this will somewhat make up for it. Any good advice?

I think our trips will overlap. I'm leaving that Monday afternoon, but my buddies are staying for the party.

My advice is that if you see a shirt or a pin or something you want that is specific to the party, get it as soon as you see it. It will probably be gone by the end of the night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Anya posted:

Load up on "free" apple juice.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Braksgirl posted:

My advice is that if you see a shirt or a pin or something you want that is specific to the party, get it as soon as you see it. It will probably be gone by the end of the night.

This is good advice for any Disney products you like/want. I still hate that I missed my chance to pick up the Adventure Land shadowbox back in the early 2000s. "Oh, I'll get it next trip..."

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Load up on "free" apple juice.

And the snickerdoodles. They are delicious!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

A friend took her four year old to the Halloween party last week, they ended up with 13 pounds of candy between the two of them. All premium stuff (Snickers, M&Ms, etc) too, not cheap junk. Christmas party doesn't have poo poo on that :v:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Bottom Liner posted:

Since you mentioned them, protip for travelers and Disney trips; buy some Darn Tough socks. Most comfortable socks ever, made of merino wool so they dry super fast and wick away any sweat to prevent blisters, and they have a lifetime warranty. Get the thin summer ones. Merino wool is also anti-microbial so you can literally wear one pair all week and they'll smell better than cotton socks would after one.

Never worn wool, but a good bit of advice is also: do not wear cotton socks. As comfy as they are to wear in many other situations, they're terrible for the amount/type of walking you do at WDW. I always wear 100% synthetic running socks. Specifically designed to dry fast & not cause blisters.

I think I said something like that in the OP, but I'm phone posting so I can't really check. Speaking of which, that thing is probably due for a refresh. Anybody notice any glaring omissions or out-of-date factual errors? If so, mention it & I'll work on the OP this week some time.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
should write a new fastpass guide but thats me suggesting and not offering

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I have worn nothing but my trusty Sperry flip flops in the park and they have been fabulous. The miles on those things must be into the 100s by now.
I'm arriving on the 5th, braks, so we'll be wandering around at the same time!

What are ride lines like during a party? Obviously it's a ticketed event, so are we looking at being able to ride Peter Pan multiple times in an hour? Because that would be awesome.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I found a pair of Darn Tough socks on SockGeek.com for $11.25 on clearance and picked them up. I get blisters constantly at Disney and I never thought my cotton socks were the problem.

Anya posted:

What are ride lines like during a party? Obviously it's a ticketed event, so are we looking at being able to ride Peter Pan multiple times in an hour? Because that would be awesome.

It truly depends on the attendance at the party. When we went, it wasn't a packed party and lines were really short. I think Mine Train had the longest wait at around 30 min. We walked on pretty much everything.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
buy blisterblock and wear whatever you want thats my disney pro tip also another pro tip is buying food off of amazon and having it delivered to your room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I think I'm going to order some breakfast stuff and have it delivered this time.

Just re-read the OP- updating the parts of FastPass+, MDExpress, the newer construction bits on DHS, some new restaurants in MK, and what's been closed, fireworks shows, and maybe updating on Disney Springs. It's still a good primer on figuring out stuff. Maybe best resorts for each level?