Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I haven't been paying attention to this for awhile but I fired it up last night to look at the characters and I found myself wondering, whatever happened to the weapons/items that Founders purchased on the RT store oh so long ago, did that get nixed entirely or was I just missing how to equip them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

robziel posted:

I haven't been paying attention to this for awhile but I fired it up last night to look at the characters and I found myself wondering, whatever happened to the weapons/items that Founders purchased on the RT store oh so long ago, did that get nixed entirely or was I just missing how to equip them?

Did you use the website to "consume" them?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Orv posted:

Did you use the website to "consume" them?

Ah ha! Thank you. Now I just need some time to play.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

BurtLington posted:

So I live in Montreal and have been talking to the devs in discord, I might be getting invited to go into their office to visit. Any questions you guys want me to ask?

Hey MTL buddy,:hfive: that's a pretty cool opportunity.

I'd be surprised if you were able to tell us stuff or answer questions that haven't been announced publicly yet, you'll probably drown in NDAs but hey i hope i'm wrong on this one.

Personally i'm only interested in knowing whats their top issues fix priority. They know more than anyone the state of their game right now and giving us insight on what can we expect in terms of fixes would be nice.

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 29, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hard posted:

They know more than anyone the state of their game right now and giving us insight on what can we expect in terms of fixes would be nice.

With how tone deaf their latest post about the game was I highly doubt it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This game is the definition of janky and unbalanced but I can't stop playing it. It's just so fun killing try hard Space Marines as an Ork.

I keep buying the 1000 credit loot boxes trying to get all the items but I should probably save and just buy a better melee weapon then the basic Choppa. Whats a good melee upgrade for Orks?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

BurtLington posted:

So I live in Montreal and have been talking to the devs in discord, I might be getting invited to go into their office to visit. Any questions you guys want me to ask?

Have they put any thought into making an anti-vahicle weapon accessible from level 1? I hate that I'm useless against vehicles until I've played this game for a while.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

BurtLington posted:

Imperial guard when? If we can have ork boyz killing spess mahrens we can have guardsmen doing it too.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

This game is the definition of janky and unbalanced but I can't stop playing it. It's just so fun killing try hard Space Marines as an Ork.

I keep buying the 1000 credit loot boxes trying to get all the items but I should probably save and just buy a better melee weapon then the basic Choppa. Whats a good melee upgrade for Orks?

Pretty sure you get an Choppa Axe in the 1000 loot boxes. It's really good and buggy. Buggy in that you don't take weapon stamina damage half the time.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

BurtLington posted:

Any questions you guys want me to ask?

1) Bikes and jetbikes. How and when? Will there be shining spears?

2) What's the plan with the whole fire dragons issue?

3) Any plans for symetrical game modes instead of attacker/defender? This has probably already been asked before.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Were is my Deffkopta?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

1) Bikes and jetbikes. How and when? Will there be shining spears?

2) What's the plan with the whole fire dragons issue?

3) Any plans for symetrical game modes instead of attacker/defender? This has probably already been asked before.

1) Probably before the TEQ expansion, if what I've been told is accurate. Maaaaaybe on SS.

2) ?

3) Yep. Asymmetric map objectives are a planned thing. When? :shrug:

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

BurtLington posted:

Ask them if they are ever going to put in the Shokk Attack gun for the Orks.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

BurtLington posted:

Some Space Marine chapters get special classes and load outs, like the Wolf Priest for Space Wolves. Do they plan on implementing features like this for other racers, chapters or classes?

Also Trip Report: Mark of Tzentch and Flicker Flames are dogshit. Avoid them.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Feindfeuer posted:

Spend it on visual cusomization, with exception of teeth. For those you use the iron-jaw unlock from the skill tree.

Yeah, Orks at least have visible stuff. I'd save 5k RTP for squig armor though, assuming they keep the 5k RTC price for release.

Also this is in the files for a jaw slot item. They originally said they wouldn't be able to do tobacco/smoking due to ratings, but they're PEGI 16 (allows tobacco) and M for ESRB, so I think that might have changed a bit.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

How do you know it's tabaco? Maybe it's just a rolled up piece of paper or muddy leaves or something.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's me, the guy who only just tonight figured out you have to "equip" your custom classes in order to use them in a match...

On the bright side I got pretty good using the default load outs with scrub equipment.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

lovely Wizard posted:

Also this is in the files for a jaw slot item. They originally said they wouldn't be able to do tobacco/smoking due to ratings, but they're PEGI 16 (allows tobacco) and M for ESRB, so I think that might have changed a bit.

I love this poo poo. It's ok to be a demon worshiping axe murderer as long as you don't smoke while chainsawing people.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Sept30Hotfix posted:

HOTfix 1.0.7 - Sep 30

-Eldar: Hunter’s Mark (Hawk’s Talon) magazine size increased from 10 to 15. Hunter’s Mark (Hawk’s Talon) max damage reduced from 76.95 to 51.30. Hunter’s Mark (Hawk’s Talon) RPM reduced from 400 to 200.

-Tweaked the Eldar's sprint anim to look nicer and be more fluid.

-Set Warlock’s Embolden skill to use 60 warp charge instead of 45.

-Fixed the bug with Plasma projectiles and shields to prevent them from ignoring shields!

-Fixed a few issues with appearance items and Wargear not displaying on the character correctly.

-Tuned the Ork melee attacks to have the same forward move as the SMs.

-Fixed some bad collision spots in Harkus and floating scenery objects in Agnathio.

-Fixed the issues in Pegasus where things were over bright!

-Medusa collision on stairs and lighting tweaks in one particular fighting area which was too dark) have been fixed.

-Fixed a bug with incorrect projectile collision in a certain spot in Harkus.

-Fixed a peek-and-shoot bug with Eldar.

-Lots of visual fixes to icons that were not displaying correctly.

-Fixed some spawning issues in Harkus that allowed for spawn point camping… naughty defenders!

-Fixed a bug that allowed Striking Scorpions to be seen through their stealth under specific circumstances…

-Fixed several vaulting/climbing issues across both Fortress maps, as well as Medusa.

-Fixed a few issues regarding vehicle spawners having incorrect collision across all maps.

60% Reduction in DPM for the Hunters Mark.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm waiting with bated breath for some network improvements. The lag; It's bar none the worst part for me.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Is there no way to form war parties from the guild menu? I often see guys online in the ork guild but can't find a way of sending people an invite unless they are already on your steam friendlist?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm waiting with bated breath for some network improvements. The lag; It's bar none the worst part for me.

Yea, that's pretty much what's killing it for me right now. I can tolerate most of the other poo poo since running around as an Ork choppin' gitz and going on about all the stuff I'm gonna loot is still pretty fun. But dear god the lag at times. That above all else is what'll kill this game unless they fix is asap.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Does the hotfix solve the massive framerate issues that 1.0.5 introduced? I sure love getting 15 frames/second on Agnathion.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Nalin posted:

Does the hotfix solve the massive framerate issues that 1.0.5 introduced? I sure love getting 15 frames/second on Agnathion.

Dunno, I've crashed the last two rounds I played :ughh:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Nalin posted:

Agnathion is the non-Harkus fortress map right? If so, the issues from yesterday are fixed as far as I can tell, was getting much better framerates.

It must have been pretty easy for them to track down since the framerate issues from yesterday would jump right back up to normal FPS whenever you died but were still 'in-game' in the deathcam.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whats a good melee weapon for Orks? I'm thinking of buying the electric axe.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Popete posted:

Whats a good melee weapon for Orks? I'm thinking of buying the electric axe.

Definitely get it, I use it for my slugga boy with shield and it helps end a melee fight right after it starts.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

Since it's a shooter doesn't physical distance to the server determine playability more than anything? There's only so much anti lag software can do before you get stupid poo poo like rubber banding and getting shot behind walls.

Mind you I haven't played an fps in 15 years so the internet might have changed by now. Back then you just disabled anti lag and blamed people's poor aim on their home city/nationality/sexuality.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's part of it but there's also some game-end network issues that need to be sorted out in ECs case.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I bought the EC Founder's Pack because I'm a huge 40K sperg. I guess I should try it out now. Do you guys prefer MKB or gamepad for controls?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

There's a fair amount of shooting in the game. I can't imagine you'd be more accurate with a gamepad than a mouse.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

you feelin fucky posted:

Since it's a shooter doesn't physical distance to the server determine playability more than anything? There's only so much anti lag software can do before you get stupid poo poo like rubber banding and getting shot behind walls.

Mind you I haven't played an fps in 15 years so the internet might have changed by now. Back then you just disabled anti lag and blamed people's poor aim on their home city/nationality/sexuality.

lol

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bought the EC Founder's Pack because I'm a huge 40K sperg. I guess I should try it out now. Do you guys prefer MKB or gamepad for controls?

Gonna play today if you're around.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

is this game worth 35bux? trying to decide if i want to pick it up from cdkeys today or wait and see. im worried it might not be around that long seeing how little it sold on steam

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
35 bux is fine if you're okay with a lobby shooter with persistent characters that needs about two or three patches with one dedicated to stability and NETCODE optimization.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Percelus posted:

is this game worth 35bux? trying to decide if i want to pick it up from cdkeys today or wait and see. im worried it might not be around that long seeing how little it sold on steam

Yeah, it is worth $35 to me.

The core of the gameplay is really fun and there are times when I realize one or two games turned into several hours. But there are problems with Netcode, performance and balance. So don't expect AAA polish and optimization here.

Also Update your GameUserSettings.Ini

quote:

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=1
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0
sg.ShadowQuality=0
sg.PostProcessQuality=1
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=1
sg.FoliageQuality=1
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\EternalCrusade\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\GameUserSettings.ini

This improved my performance a ton. It turns off shadows and Anti-Aliasing. Turning off AA nearly eliminated hitching for me.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yeah, this game would be a lot nicer if it didn't run at 10-20 FPS in open areas and if it wasn't so laggy aiming was impossible. Right now it's unplayable.

But hey, according to some Polish guy in the match I was just in, it's just my computer. He gets 120 FPS on his 670.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Wow the assault class is broken as gently caress.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lite_sleepr posted:

Wow the assault class is broken as gently caress.

So many things in this game are. Honestly it feels like an early beta which would still need months of balancing, tuning and polishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

So many things in this game are. Honestly it feels like an early beta which would still need months of balancing, tuning and polishing.

It IS an early beta which needs months of work, but Bandai wanted that dollar dollar so out it came.

• Locked thread