Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Autonomous Monster posted:

This is a mod, right? CK+ or something? Adoptionism's not in vanilla.

Lux Invicta has Adoptionism, along with Pelagianism, Marcionism, Donatism, and all sorts of other 2nd-3rd century Christian branches still kicking in 1066.

Oh, and the Hittites. Can't forget about those dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Spefically I was talking about CK2 plus, really good mod. Lux invicta has always been a bit too weird for me, plus it seems really up it's own rear end

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Autonomous Monster posted:

you were using the print screen button all this time??? :psyduck:

I still use print screen I can't break the habit

I have like 400 steam screenshots and it is absurd how often I had to go back and retake it so I could catalog silly dumb ck2 poo poo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If I'm the King of Italy and my liege, the HRE has instituted kingdom viceroyalties, that doesn't affect me, right? I'm de jure Italia still.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baron Corbyn posted:

If I'm the King of Italy and my liege, the HRE has instituted kingdom viceroyalties, that doesn't affect me, right? I'm de jure Italia still.

I don't think passing the law lets you take titles that already exist, just lets you grant them as viceroyalties in the future, so your title should be fine.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Darth Windu posted:

Spefically I was talking about CK2 plus, really good mod. Lux invicta has always been a bit too weird for me, plus it seems really up it's own rear end
I honestly like the sheer variety and different mechanics associated with different religions, but the mod's unfortunately rather unstable.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Are there any mods still being updated that alter the physical map? I've played After The End and I find the GoT one kind of dull but I love anything that lets me play with new interesting geography rather than Europe with all its familiar shapes.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Strudel Man posted:

Eh? I mean, the content is nasty by implication, but the language isn't, particularly.

edit: Oh, no, you must mean other images, not posted here.

I don't think you can get it even that way, can you? Circe spawns as zunist.

I just checked the raws and you're right, the 3 witches spawn as zunist, zunist and norse pagan. The caretaker spawns as root religion.

I found the only other event that allows Hellenic is the rosebush baby event. So there's the ironman path to success.

TheCIASentMe fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 1, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Captain Mediocre posted:

Are there any mods still being updated that alter the physical map? I've played After The End and I find the GoT one kind of dull but I love anything that lets me play with new interesting geography rather than Europe with all its familiar shapes.

The CK2 Generator can generate random maps and even maps based off of drawings you make.
http://ck2generator.com/

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Dallen whatever is the "Cult of Lucifer" trait supposed to be genetic, all my kids are being born with it, or is it like a frat where my kids are legacy pledges

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

TheCIASentMe posted:

I just checked the raws and you're right, the 3 witches spawn as zunist, zunist and norse pagan. The caretaker spawns as root religion.

I found the only other event that allows Hellenic is the rosebush baby event. So there's the ironman path to success.

If I remember correctly, the rose bush event immediately kills off the mother as soon as the baby is born. So that won't work either, since there aren't any events that let you swap to a dead parent's culture or religion.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Q: Whats the North African culture that can raid now?

Edit: A: Berber

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 1, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

binge crotching posted:

If I remember correctly, the rose bush event immediately kills off the mother as soon as the baby is born. So that won't work either, since there aren't any events that let you swap to a dead parent's culture or religion.
Yep. I've kept a close eye out for hellenism in ironman, and it's never existed.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am a Berber but I cannot raid my Ibadi neighbor :(

I wish the game would give me a better explanation as to why I cannot activate raiding on my soldiers.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Hellenism is boring as poo poo anyway

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also how come the Alans are in the Byzantine culture group and not like the Persians or altaics or something

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Dumb question, how can I revoke a barony that is owned by the knights templar? Now that I own Scotland I added Albany to much demense, but one of the castles in it is owned by the knights templar. How do I kick those freeloaders out?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Is there a decision to expel them from the realm?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Is there a decision to expel them from the realm?

Sweet! That was it. Luckily for my token effort in a crusade I some how had a ton of land, so I was able to create the Kingdom of Jerusalem and had enough piety to do it.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
RIP Prince Mayor Tarran III "the Quarreler" of Pictland: got drunk, lost a game of Warhammer, got into a fistfight with his opponent, died of resulting injuries.

It is worth noting that he earned his nickname over ten years prior when, during a game of Warhammer, he flipped the table and punched his opponent in the face; the exact same opponent who would accidentally kill him ten years later.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 2, 2016

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

My 22 martial slow Sultan, who's 4 wives are all screwing behind his back(0 intrigue), died of an infection from a wound inflicted by an 8 martial rival :allears:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A White Guy posted:

My 22 martial slow Sultan, who's 4 wives are all screwing behind his back(0 intrigue), died of an infection from a wound inflicted by an 8 martial rival :allears:

The dueling system in vanilla ck2 is awful, I've lost guys with like ten personal combat rating to dudes with zero.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I've been in a coma regency for fifteen years, my guy is 65 years old and will not die. My gay wife has stolen two of my three counties and lowered crown authority. I'm not going to have anything left for my aging heir. Please someone murder me in my sleep

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Pakled posted:

The CK2 Generator can generate random maps and even maps based off of drawings you make.
http://ck2generator.com/

I'd never heard of this before and it looks amazing, thank you.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Do other countries intervene when you push an antipopes claim?

I feel like it'd make a lotta sense if the HRE (and other large catholic countries with a vested interest in not letting a puppet pope run catholicism) gave a hand to the Pope. Because once I'd vassalised the papacy he was happy to let me do whatever I liked. Namely granting an invasion against the HRE during a weaker period.

Also accidentally discovered that you can't reform the HRE title if you destroy it. Whoops.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Have they changed it so that Merchant Republics can't get Popegold? I've been +100 with three different popes, and they all turned me down.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I had a lot of trouble with the conclave features until I glanced at the wiki yesterday and finally figured out how the councilors' stance is decided. My mistake was putting competent people in charge of my empire instead of yes-men. Now I've learned to filter on content vassals with 80+ opinion of me. On that note, it makes feminism rather overpowered: just shove as many women into my council as possible and seduce them. Currently I have an attractive 20 year-old empress so it's even easier. Gonna stabilise the discontent council (all 8 are loyalists) and then start strengthening this empire.

It's good to be the Basilissa.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Conclave is so good because there isn't any single answer to how to handle your council. Need to move laws? Yes men. Want realm stats? Take realm stats. Factions getting scary? Put the leader on the council assuming it's content.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Darth Windu posted:

Jesus calm down guys

Dicks off for Jesus.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

A White Guy posted:

Duels are based on Personal Combat rating, not Martial.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Man I don't get what the AI even means by "political concerns" when it refuses pacts. like come on dude I literally just set you up on the throne of persia, you're about to get rocked by a revolt and you have 24 men. What are you even politically concerned about. Let me help you

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Darth Windu posted:

Man I don't get what the AI even means by "political concerns" when it refuses pacts. like come on dude I literally just set you up on the throne of persia, you're about to get rocked by a revolt and you have 24 men. What are you even politically concerned about. Let me help you

That malus means that they're scared of you pushing their poo poo in or from using the pact to keep them from being able to fight back while you take poo poo they want.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Have they changed it so that Merchant Republics can't get Popegold? I've been +100 with three different popes, and they all turned me down.

Two things usually stop Pope gold. One is that the AI jas been hitting the Pope for it and he doesn't actually have the money to treat you (more likely to happen with Merchant Republics due to your massive income). The second is if the Pope is Greedy he will never part with the cash.

Oh, and I also think he refuses if you have Free Investiture.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Finding out that you can sign Non-Aggression treaties with your own vassals was nice.
Makes those awkward succession periods a little less exciting (in a good way).
Plus, you've still got the option to :ese: if you get bored of seeing their ugly faces around.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Coward posted:

Two things usually stop Pope gold. One is that the AI jas been hitting the Pope for it and he doesn't actually have the money to treat you (more likely to happen with Merchant Republics due to your massive income). The second is if the Pope is Greedy he will never part with the cash.

Oh, and I also think he refuses if you have Free Investiture.
It must've been greedy - the other two show up when you try to ask. I guess I'll try again.

Also weird thing, if you go tribal --> merchant as the Picts, you don't seem to get the event that changes your culture to Scottish. It's been over 200 years and it still hasn't triggered. I want those pike retinues, dammit.

Also also, anybody got any tips moving forward here? It's Ironman. Cornwall is obviously next once that truce wears off, but I'm really not sure how to deal with England. Right now I'm currently gobbling it up with the seize city --> seize county CB chain but it's painfully slow going, and (as you can probably see) is leaving some weird duchy boundaries. Meanwhile, England is slowly getting turned into De Jure Bavaria because inheritance is weird; I outnumber them 2:1 but they have a ton of powerful allies and I'd probably lose a straight-up war without being clever about it.

(nb I changed the country name manually - it's still Pictland)

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 2, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

kingturnip posted:

Finding out that you can sign Non-Aggression treaties with your own vassals was nice.
Makes those awkward succession periods a little less exciting (in a good way).
Plus, you've still got the option to :ese: if you get bored of seeing their ugly faces around.

Does it stop triggered wars like factions?

Also I thought treaties expired on death

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

It must've been greedy - the other two show up when you try to ask. I guess I'll try again.

Also weird thing, if you go tribal --> merchant as the Picts, you don't seem to get the event that changes your culture to Scottish. It's been over 200 years and it still hasn't triggered. I want those pike retinues, dammit.

Also also, anybody got any tips moving forward here? It's Ironman. Cornwall is obviously next once that truce wears off, but I'm really not sure how to deal with England. Right now I'm currently gobbling it up with the seize city --> seize county CB chain but it's painfully slow going, and (as you can probably see) is leaving some weird duchy boundaries. Meanwhile, England is slowly getting turned into De Jure Bavaria because inheritance is weird; I outnumber them 2:1 but they have a ton of powerful allies and I'd probably lose a straight-up war without being clever about it.

(nb I changed the country name manually - it's still Pictland)

I think scottish only forms if Pictoand doesn't exist, so you'd have to make a new kingdom and destroy pictland. To get England faster just get someone with a claim on the english throne elected doge then press it. Also if your family members get claims on the lesser duchies (Marry them to people) and you press them they automatically become your vassal.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 2, 2016

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Darth Windu posted:

Does it stop triggered wars like factions?

Also I thought treaties expired on death

It prevents vassals from joining factions because of their NAP.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Is nomad agitation broken for anyone else? The 2.6 patch notes say that you only have to build two buildings to stop it, however I've built three and still have the modifier. Looks like nomad provinces are effectively unconquerable without lucking out (prosperity level 2 apparently lets you 'buy' culture changes, so you can convert from tribal to feudal and then build the necessary castle & city holdings that can't be built normally) or waiting ages for tech to spread otherwise.

That said I'm playing on the beta branch so maybe it has been changed in .1 or .2? The in-game tooltip states that you have to build a city or castle and nothing else so I'm wondering if this was removed shortly on the release of one of these three patches.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

I think scottish only forms if Pictoand doesn't exist, so you'd have to make a new kingdom and destroy pictland. To get England faster just get someone with a claim on the english throne elected doge then press it. Also if your family members get claims on the lesser duchies (Marry them to people) and you press them they automatically become your vassal.

Unless it's changed in the last couple expansions it happens when a non-pict holds pictish land, if SurreptitiousMuffin wants to be Scottish they need to culture change to something else first, or land some non-picts.

• Locked thread