Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bongwizzard posted:

That loving ladder.

That ladder speaks volumes.

Everything about this picture and this story is peak China. It's the best possible China experience you could imagine from the comfort of Europe or USA or Australia. So sit back and enjoy, because more is coming.

That or I have no job, in which case you can find me in the Japan thread

Page snipe bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Actually not sure if it's saying that smoking, like eating spicy food before bed, is not recommended, or that smoking before bed is good for your health.

I could believe either.

forgot the best part where it lets you rate your sleep. the options are very nice:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

That's the standard construction ladder here. My favorite OSHA thing is when a guy is standing at the top of it, leg on each side, and then starts walking around with it using it like stilts.

This, done on a real loving ladder is a pro move and makes one feel pretty awesome.

I have done some really amazingly dumb poo poo at work over the years, but that ladder is indefensible. Like, they clearly have wood, tool, and a basic idea how how a ladder is built, I cannot understand why they would do it like that.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
peak china is

bongwizzard posted:

they clearly have wood, tool, and a basic idea how how a ladder is built

this

bongwizzard posted:

I cannot understand why they would do it like that.

plus this

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't know enough about ladders to see why that one is particularly bad. They always look flimsy as hell to me but I've never seen one break.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't know enough about ladders to see why that one is particularly bad. They always look flimsy as hell to me but I've never seen one break.

you have saved face for your chinese friends and/or the chinese goons who don't want to post here, +5 points for you for them

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Great Autismo! posted:

you have saved face for your chinese friends and/or the chinese goons who don't want to post here, +5 points for you for them

As usual I have no idea what you're talking about.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

As usual I have no idea what you're talking about.

ok buddy, whatever you like

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
So most of the people I know thought that a national holiday was the best time to go to all of the tourist spots that are normally packed.

It's like these people are hardwired to suffer on purpose.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Haier posted:

So most of the people I know thought that a national holiday was the best time to go to all of the tourist spots that are normally packed.

It's like these people are hardwired to suffer on purpose.

on the holiday, its fun to travel. you can travel on the holiday. if you travel at that time, you feel the fun life, because you can enjoy travel on the holiday, it is fun. so have fun on the holiday with travel.

thanks to a forums user for the avatar, and also the inspiration for the post

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

on the holiday, its fun to travel. you can travel on the holiday. if you travel at that time, you feel the fun life, because you can enjoy travel on the holiday, it is fun. so have fun on the holiday with travel.

I like yours better than the one someone gave me. I feel like I channel the guy in my avatar every time I post.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

:golfclap:

It very good for healthy to make the life fun have the travel happy holiday

I actually write this fairly regularly with friends and im worried the wind will change and it might stick :ohdear:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Isn't the best places to go in China during a holiday is to a local place or a smaller lesser known attraction like a lesser temple in Xi'an? It's still crowded but not unbearably so if I remember correctly, although the trains are jammed.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 1, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Isn't the best places to go in China during a holiday is to a local place or a smaller lesser known attraction like a lesser temple in Xi'an? It's still crowded but not unbearably so if I remember correctly.

This is advice that applies to literally any place on Earth which is why it's so funny they don't get it.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

This is advice that applies to literally any place on Earth which is why it's so funny they don't get it.

Like I can never take holidays off anymore anyways so I always plan my vacations during offseasons anyways because Disney World when it isn't crowded with a billion people is way more enjoyable and way more bang for your buck.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

nong posted:

You have lost many faces and must be ashamed of yourself.

It's more like a pride thing which is actually one of the negative aspect in the western culture but doesn't really exist in China.

Of course a goon would think pride is a bad thing lmbo.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://gfycat.com/SizzlingDishonestChimneyswift

It isn't a China thread without someone taking a dump in public. Sorry it's not an imgur direct gifv.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
china must be a nightmare for people with agoraphobia. i mean it's a nightmare already but there's another nightmare layer.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Haier posted:

It isn't a China thread without someone taking a dump in public. Sorry it's not an imgur direct gifv.

#rear end #poo #sexy girl

:whitewater:

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPCtlxOgUY

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Outrail posted:

How many times can you go out and take advantage of this before the person/group blacklists you?

I don't know because it has never happened.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When I lived in China the foreigner shuttle bus driver employed by the school took a liking to me and would always come and find me at lunch to go to a noodle restaurant. I probably made five times the money he did and could not pay for one of those lunches once, because he was a cuboid headed chubby Heilongjiang Han and would turn beet red and scream at the top of his lungs if I grabbed the bill and started up toward the counter with it.

He also drove his half sized bus like a methed out mental patient and I'm sure he's probably dead or disabled from a traffic accident today.

All in all I think I was only able to pay for one or two meals the whole time I was in China.

raton fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 1, 2016

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

McGavin posted:

I don't know because it has never happened.

"Haha, check out this dumb rear end in a top hat. Every day we go out for lunch, I pay his bill and he does nothing! What. A. SUCKER!"
-a Chinese person, feeling smug.

nong
Apr 20, 2016

Never Forget
The Century Of National Humiliation.
Medicine with Chinese characteristics

http://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/clinical-fakes-09272016141438.html

China's food and drug regulator recently carried out a one-year review of clinical trials, concluding that more than 80 percent of clinical data is "fabricated," state media reported.

The scandal is the result of "breach of duty by supervision departments and malpractice by pharmaceutical companies, intermediary agents and medical staff," the State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) said in its report.

The review looked at data from 1,622 clinical trial programs of new pharmaceutical drugs awaiting regulator approval for mass production, according to an expose in the Economic Information Daily newspaper.

More than 80 percent of applications for mass production of new drugs have been canceled in the light of the findings, with officials warning that further evidence malpractice could still emerge in the scandal.

According to the SFDA report, much of the data gathered during clinical trials were incomplete, failed to meet analysis requirements or were untraceable, the paper cited a source in the agency as saying.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Isn't the best places to go in China during a holiday is to a local place or a smaller lesser known attraction like a lesser temple in Xi'an? It's still crowded but not unbearably so if I remember correctly, although the trains are jammed.

Yeah, my first national holiday I was lucky enough to get on a small trip with 6 other foreginers and a guide who knew what she was doing. We went to this fantastic place on the Zhejiang/Anhui border and it was almost deserted and super chill.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently there are Burmese wumaos now lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/burma/comments/55be8f/some_misconceptions_about_burma_before_2010/d89dpn6

jamoncorona
Apr 9, 2014

Haier posted:

Pro poop move: taking a sock off to wipe with, once you're done.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I saw this last night on Wechat while using People Nearby. Someone get this girl an account.

The holidays are great. I get chat requests every time I turn on People Nearby or open TanTan as thousands of people bored at home are deciding to try these things for the first time. Some chick literally across the street added me last night and I was like "I am talking to several foreigners right now and I want to try a foreign dick for the first time because I heard they are long and big. Do you want to be the one? Or should I choose another?" I passed, but LOL at that being an ice breaker.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
That's a good ice breaker

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Ancient China ruled I saw an exhibit on the Terra Cotta army in Chicago and had no idea they used to be painted up in brilliant colors before the inexorable forces of time ruined them. Also I read the entirety of the three kingdoms translation and western civ has nothing on their hilariously brutal civil wars. They killed more people in the hundreds AD than we did until we invented mechanized warfare. I can easily understand why they would have such a hardon for ancestor worship and their own history

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I've been thinking for a long time to just start lying about every drat thing in my life. In a culture where lying about everything every single day, or Face, is the standard thing and nobody questions it, then I think having Super Face would really let you win at life in China.

quote:

When I first met this guy (who calls himself Doctor Jason) he was surrounded by lots of fresh to China faces (if only I could use some sort of shorthand to describe them) and they had nicknamed him “Captain America” for his many talents.

He was apparently a qualified doctor who had worked as a surgeon
He was also a qualified pilot, and was flying short-haul for Shenzhen airlines for a bit of extra money at the weekends
Apparently he had also been a fire-fighter in the US, and then worked in the military

Everybody else was lapping all these tales up, and I seemed to be the only one who was skeptical of his stories: why, if he had this plethora of qualifications and experience, was he an English teacher in Shenzhen’s worst district then? Why, if he was a qualified pilot, was he not working full-time as, you know, a pilot?

Every time I bumped into him he seemed to tell me more lies; he was now a consulting surgeon for Hong Kong University hospital at the weekend…. Or he’d been put in charge of training Shenzhen airline pilots on American security measures.

But apparently spouting all this bullshit has really got him somewhere because the Chinese seemed to believe his lies. He used to walk around in a doctor’s coat and would always carry a stethoscope with him. His wechat profile photo was a picture of him dressed as a surgeon. He convinced his high school to allow him to teach all the students in the school CPR. And now he is being employed by Bao’An Education Bureau as their foreign education consultant (this is actually true)… and claims to have met high level government figures, including Xi Jinping.

So now after one year in China crammed with about 10 years of bullshit, he is now in charge of about 30-40 foreign teachers in Shenzhen, including a friend of mine.

I was asking him what it was like to work with him and my friend tells me he’s actually quite interesting.
“Did you know he:
Was in the military for fifteen 15 years
Then got injured in Afghanistan
Then had to teach himself to walk again
Then became a qualified doctor through the military
Then worked as a surgeon in Hong Kong
Also before that he ran a business in the states
But then his child sadly passed away”

I asked my friend did he believe all of this. He thought about it for a minute and admitted that, come to think of it, it did all sound a bit ridiculous. This weekend he was at a work barbeque with him and they got chatting one-on-one and he learnt more information such as:

Last year he saved a Canadian’s woman’s life and now he’s getting honoured by Canada
John Kerry personally phoned him to thank him.
He had to interrupt the conversation for a phone call and when he returned he claimed that it was Donald Rumsfeld
Also he has a one in a million disorder which means he doesn’t know how long he’s going to live
Oh, and also, he once disarmed a potential terrorist on a plane.

So much of this is obviously complete rubbish, especially as I’ve seen him post a photo of his “Alma Mater” on Wechat, which was Manila Medical University. However, so many expats who meet him don’t question him on any of this because, up until a point, it seems like it could be credible.

Moreover, it seems that a lot of Chinese people not only believe all of it, but are really impressed with it, which seems to have allowed him to rise quite high professionally in a very short space of time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/China/comments/55g8a2/serious_do_you_know_any_compulsive_liars_in_china/

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I wish America would come up with an epic like the three kingdoms. Imagine if we retold the revolutionary war but Washington used his powerful magic to lull the Hessians to sleep then leapt off his boat on the Delaware and slew a hundred men before they woke. Man I'd ancestor worship the gently caress out of that guy. The Marquis de Lafayette could single handedly delay the march of Cornwallis's soldiers before the siege of Yorktown

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
we already have epic propaganda

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Haier posted:

I saw this last night on Wechat while using People Nearby. Someone get this girl an account.

I think they already have an account. They got their daughter taken away and spent tons of money on a computer for WoW.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
According to Chinese media, BDSM is now a psychological condition.

Background: a couple posted some fairly mild BDSM pictures on weibo with the result that the Police interwened and Global Times had to write an article about how horrible BDSM is.

An expert interviewed by Global Times says that the couple suffers from a disease called ‘sexual abuse addiction’ (性虐待成瘾). “’Sexual abuse addiction’ conflicts with China’s social norms.” Global Times writes that “sexual abuse addiction” conflicts with China’s social norms. According to China’s leading psychologist Zhao Xiaoming (赵小明), the causes of this ‘disease’ are complex and can be traced back to childhood abuse or sexual violence, leading people to search for “abnormal stimulation” as an adult.

The public display of ‘sexual abuse addiction’ negatively affects individuals and society at large, the article argues, but can be completely cured. The Weibo couple should, therefore, “seek professional medical attention” in order for them to be able to “lead a happy life”.

http://www.whatsonweibo.com/fifty-shades-vulgar-bdsm-lifestyle-slammed-chinese-media/

China is looking more and more like a parody of 1950's America when it comes to sexuality.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

fish and chips and dip posted:

An expert interviewed by Global Times says that the couple suffers from a disease called ‘sexual abuse addiction’ (性虐待成瘾). “’Sexual abuse addiction’ conflicts with China’s social norms.”

As opposed to all of the regular, totally socially approved abuse that people dish out and take every single day in this damaged Mainland society.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I wish America would come up with an epic like the three kingdoms. Imagine if we retold the revolutionary war but Washington used his powerful magic to lull the Hessians to sleep then leapt off his boat on the Delaware and slew a hundred men before they woke. Man I'd ancestor worship the gently caress out of that guy. The Marquis de Lafayette could single handedly delay the march of Cornwallis's soldiers before the siege of Yorktown
Watch the first and second season of Sleepy Hollow.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.sciencealert.com/80-of-the-data-in-chinese-clinical-trial-is-fabricated

quote:

80% of data in Chinese clinical trials have been fabricated

A Chinese government investigation has revealed that more than 80 percent of the data used in clinical trials of new pharmaceutical drugs have been "fabricated".

The report uncovered fraudulent behaviour at almost every level, and showed that some pharmaceutical companies had hidden or deleted records of potentially adverse side effects, and tampered with data that didn't meet their desired outcomes.

In light of the findings, 80 percent of current drug applications, which were awaiting approval for mass production, have now been cancelled.

The investigation, led by the Chinese State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA), looked at data from 1,622 clinical trials for new pharmaceutical drugs currently awaiting approval. The applications in question were all for Western medicine, not traditional Chinese medicine.

The SFDA found that the more than 80 percent of the data failed to meet analysis requirements, were incomplete, or totally non-existent.

CHINESE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE IS BETTER. YOU CAN TRUST THE QUALITY. IT REALLY WORKS. NOT LIKE YOUR STUPID WESTERN MEDICINE.

quote:

"It's not just the medicines," he said. "In China, everything is fake, and if there's a profit in pharmaceuticals, then someone's going to fake them too."

http://i.imgur.com/5wqjWKJ.gifv

Haier fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 2, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

fish and chips and dip posted:

China is looking more and more like a parody of 1950's America when it comes to sexuality.

Strange to think that it's only been 3 years since BDSM has stopped officially being a mental illness in America.

nong posted:

Medicine with Chinese characteristics

:allbuttons:

Reminds me of when my friend was stuck in the hospital here while were getting her moved to Singapore. Two of her meds don't exist outside of China as far as an Australian Doctor and I could find. The doctors here didn't seem to see a problem with a reliable spiking fever about an hour after pill time. So happy that's over.

quote:

CHINESE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE IS BETTER.

These weren't TCM, these were western medicine with Chinese Characteristics.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sex in China is like 'Lie back and think of Jinping"

• Locked thread