Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Chelb posted:

Everyone's posts, are bad

:agreed:

(Except mine, I have the most beautiful and luxurious posts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

Definitely.
My fear is that we get someone coming out of Silicon Valley. Many of the rich founders are just straight up nuts and give Trump decent competition for the prize of most delusional self-image. And they have lots of money.

Thiel/Luckey 2020

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 1, 2016

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/stop-whining-about-false-balance-w440228

This seems like a very weird story from Matt Taibbi, anyone want to come in with thair take?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

AceOfFlames posted:

Thiel/Luckey 2016

Meanwhile Mark Cuban primaries Hillary in 2020 and chooses George Soros as his running mate.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Grouchio posted:

I'm feeling quite concerned that a category 3 hurricane may impact the east coast.

Like, just in general, or what? That poo poo happens almost yearly.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
All video games should be made illegal and replaced with clean, wholesome anime

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

quote:

A Kentucky Republican state House candidate is refusing to apologize for several Facebook posts depicting President Obama and the first lady as monkeys, but the state GOP chairman has condemned the posts and issued his own apology for them.

The posts on Dan Johnson's Facebook page include a picture of a chimpanzee with the caption "Obama's baby picture" and a photo that had been altered to give Obama and his wife ape-like features. Johnson's page also displayed a photo of a young Ronald Reagan feeding a monkey with a bottle with the caption: "Rare photos of Ronald Reagan babysitting Barack Obama in early 1962." His page also included a post calling Islam a "criminal syndicate."

Johnson, who is also the bishop of the Heart of Fire Church in southeast Louisville, says the posts are satire, and said some of them were shared on his page by others. Asked why he did not delete them, he said "some of you may take it as being funny." He said Facebook deleted some of the posts.

"It's a satire. I'm not trying to be racist. I have political opinions, but I'm not racist," he said.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
"Ironic racism" is the real racism.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone that says something like that is "satire", "Ironic", "a joke", or "taken out of context" should be forced to explain exactly what we are missing instead of just ending the question there.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i surprised he didn't mention anything about political correctness in this country

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

i surprised he didn't mention anything about political correctness in this country

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2813153.1475252750!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/kentucky1n-2-web.jpg

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Josef bugman posted:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/stop-whining-about-false-balance-w440228

This seems like a very weird story from Matt Taibbi, anyone want to come in with thair take?

Just sounds like he's making the argument that America is stupid and Trump is the president we deserve. Pretty hot take!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Josef bugman posted:

"Why are you mad we're not actually doing our jobs I'll prove it to you that it's your fault." :qq:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Josef bugman posted:

Seems a bit like those tweets from a Guardian editor a while ago in which real journalism needs to be paid for, and that we get what we deserve. A viral reply linked to the editor's defense of bringing her dog to her wedding.

Journalism's in my blood. My mom's been in the field most of her adult life - everything from advertising to reporting to on-air talent. I flirted with it a bit, was the editor of my high school paper. I get it - authentic reporting takes time and resources, and I'm happy to pay for it . But I don't think an article blaming the audience is the answer - it's about reporting meaningful stories that are interesting to the readers, instead of pandering to the simpleton/reality TV crowd.

Also, the bit about fair reporting is weird - while it's on the readership to evaluate the information, and strict news articles should avoid editorializing, it's poor framing and composition to list each candidate's negatives in such a way that can make them seem equal in scope. It's lovely and irresponsible writing, lacking ownership and craft.

isk fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 1, 2016

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Armani posted:

the fight to censor video game content died when it became one of the top forms of media consumed globally. It's bankrolled using Hollywood funds like a motherfucker. The Military here uses it as a wing of their recruitment media. Your friend is worried about nothing in a world filled with poo poo to actually worry about.

Here, put it simply to him, like this: The planet's dyin', Cloud.
You are really overestimating intelligence of gamers and their connection to reality.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Debate & Discussion: You have a constitutional right to be a dumbass › USPOL Oct: they also removed her vagina bones

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

a.lo posted:

It's PC gone mad, you can't even call a black man a monkey anymore without everyone saying you're racist, what has happened to this country, and furthermore

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Forgall posted:

You are really overestimating intelligence of gamers and their connection to reality.

sebban please stop loving women's pelvises

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Josef bugman posted:

Hot take: "journalists" (if you can call whatever the New York Times and CNN does "journalism") are still worthless and should be gulag'd when this election is finally over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

@CensoredGaming_

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Forgall posted:

I spent too long looking at the crotch of that anime woman trying to figure out how they removed her "vagina bones" and then I realized they meant hips

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Forgall posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Vagina bones is a super good/horrible one. Can I have a name change tia

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Going back a bit, as a white Hispanic person, I can't believe how many Americans, even in this thread, don't understand this concept.

Latin America is just like the United States, a cluster gently caress of different races/genotypes, half of them brought against their will, in all kinds of mixes.

One of those peoples are Europeans (and not just Spaniards)

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Chelb posted:

sebban please stop loving women's pelvises

The scientific name is vagaina bones, thank you very much.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I spent too long looking at the crotch of that anime woman trying to figure out how they removed her "vagina bones" and then I realized they meant hips

:same:

Self-described "gamers" make me embarrassed to play video games.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

"Wow sebban your house looks great. Your tv is so big! I can't wait to beat you when we play Mortal K-"

"do you want to see my sex toy collection"

"...what? No! Why would you tell me that? Why do you think I'd want to-"

*sebban opens door revealing a room filled with dozens of pelvises covered in semen*

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

"i've hollowed them out steve"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Obama chuckled. "You mean the Chaos Vagina Bones?"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is definitely the best timeline.

https://twitter.com/FrancoIKU/status/782254845734576136

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

lozzle posted:

:same:

Self-described "gamers" make me embarrassed to play video games.

They are basing their life around video games, it's sad to be quite honest.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Just chiming in to say that Prester Jane is cool, her posts are good, and stigmatizing her because of her mental health is unbelievably tasteless and unacceptable

effort posts that actually posit reasonable things are good and cool regardless of who is making them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Vagina Bones and The Temple of Doom

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Vagina Bones and The Temple of Poon

So close

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Chelb posted:

"i've hollowed them out steve"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

isk posted:

So close

gently caress

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gozinbulx posted:

Going back a bit, as a white Hispanic person, I can't believe how many Americans, even in this thread, don't understand this concept.

Latin America is just like the United States, a cluster gently caress of different races/genotypes, half of them brought against their will, in all kinds of mixes.

One of those peoples are Europeans (and not just Spaniards)

I remember an old Daily Show bit where they interviewed a Chilean, an El Sal, and a Mexican (I think) and all three of them hated the other nationalities because they all smelled bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Vagina Bones and The Temple of Doom
The vagenda of manocide is real! I won't stand for this erasure of white men in our society.

• Locked thread