Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

fyi Hecarim is literally the champ i mentioned in the "bad EDG comps where they play much worse and how they are gonna bomb at worlds"
clearlove actually understands how to do a gank on heca but every single game everything after that is This, Right Here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

nvm

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
AHQ just ended up throwing by being really poorly out of position when EDG decided to take Elder into choosing to fight at Baron after EDG had already picked up elder :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chris de Sperg posted:

clearlove actually understands how to do a gank on heca but every single game everything after that is This, Right Here

yeah it wasnt pretty and they would have lost to a good team

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

AHQ just ended up throwing by being really poorly out of position when EDG decided to take Elder into choosing to fight at Baron after EDG had already picked up elder :v:

Ya if AHQ rushed baron right away they would have forced EDG away from Elder drag or force them to split up.

EDG don't look that good imo. Their laning phase and early game is good but mid game they kinda look loss and let the other team catchup happened vs intz. This game was kinda hard though because they can't dive a zilean/rumble also Soraka just keeps healing the deft ult and Karma poke. If it wasn't Soraka/Zilean this game might have ended way quicker because EDG would have just dived them.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

yeah it wasnt pretty and they would have lost to a good team
fortunately there don't appear to be any of those around rn

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Man I'm glad we've got a senior regular league of legends esports analyst to really break down the games, crunch the numbers, watch the tape, and let us know that every team is bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

Ya if AHQ rushed baron right away they would have forced EDG away from Elder drag or force them to split up.

EDG don't look that good imo. Their laning phase and early game is good but mid game they kinda look loss and let the other team catchup happened vs intz. This game was kinda hard though because they can't dive a zilean/rumble also Soraka just keeps healing the deft ult and Karma poke. If it wasn't Soraka/Zilean this game might have ended way quicker because EDG would have just dived them.

this comes to their pick composition and im too tired to post about it because ive posted about it a ton of times before but if EDG starts drafting stronger early game comps they will play much better

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Chawy actually looked way better than Westdoor. Westdoor straight up got dumpstered absolutely dumpstered by Ryu yesterday who hasn't done this to anyone in EU. I am sure Chawy will get more games kinda unfortunate that his first game in 6 months has to be EDG.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

this comes to their pick composition and im too tired to post about it because ive posted about it a ton of times before but if EDG starts drafting stronger early game comps they will play much better

Their pick/ban will obvious from now imo. Mouse is bad in lane and I don't see him doing good on any carry champs bar Irelia. His irelia was actually good in LPL but yesterday he just fell behind too much and played stupid without vision. Its not because Mouse is garbage on carry champs I am sure he can play them, he is spamming it in soloq but Clearlove rarely ganks top. This game he only did because Ziv was pushing to tier 2 for no reason without any vision. This will make EDG champ select kinda predictable unless they change their gamestyle.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I saw SKT vs C9 and I'm now watching TSM vs SSG (although it looks like this match is already over). Any other matches worth watching from last night?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

watch the RNG game

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

watch the Splyce-vision version of the RNG game

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I watched the highlights of everything except TSM (watched that normally) and I don't think any of today's games were hype enough to go watch the full video of.

Random observations:
Syndra looks absolutely ridiculous right now.
Mata is the only person who should play Alistair.
RNG, SKT, and TSM all look very strong.
Skarner+Cassio is dirty and I like it.
Surprised about the return of Kennen top but it's been kicking rear end so that's cool.
That Zac flyby Elder Drake steal was sick.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Chawy should go back to shiv critplank mid, that was his raison d'être

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I fell asleep during the draft of Game 6 last night because I was sick as poo poo. Watched it this morning. EDG won in spite of their composition, which was bad. They ran a protect-the-Lucian which then could not actually do anything to take objectives forever and gave them plenty of opportunities to throw because they had to constantly take bad risks with their no range team in order to take objectives, AHQ's macro mistakes were the only reason they really lost.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
God drat the inven translation threads on Reddit are loving fire, the Koreans have their poo poo talk game down. Personal fav:

"Lemme repackage this shitter for a refund"

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
and yet even the searing flames of inven still do not burn hotter than Team Samsung Galaxy's bholes this morning...

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Luna Was Here posted:

God drat the inven translation threads on Reddit are loving fire, the Koreans have their poo poo talk game down. Personal fav:

"Lemme repackage this shitter for a refund"

Fyi that was a Reddit meme from spring split but yah Inven and...whatever the Chinese one was called are both pretty fuckin funny. I think if you had a "best of" Reddit post it would be similarly entertaining though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Can't wait for the annual CLG-loses-to-a-wildcard-team clown fiesta tonight.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

YancyQ posted:

and yet even the searing flames of inven still do not burn hotter than Team Samsung Galaxy's bholes this morning...

https://twitter.com/htcesports/status/782042135772160000

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Also Crown is stupid why did he buy double long sword first back? Ya he was winning in early trades vs Bjergsen but post 6 that matchup is hella free for Syndra imo Cleanse is useless vs Syndra unless you insta cleanse because the stun is just to get in range to press r you don't even need to hit q on no mr target if you have enough balls.

He backed with 700g because he only bought 2 long swords and already had flask. So he can buy null mantle + pink. You don't need ad right away and in this lane u want to survive+poke not trade with flat ad. You can still clear wave fast without any ad. Also Bjergsen was using 4 mr blues and hp yellow so he only had base armor. Flask would have given him sustain and he would take less dmg farm till tear + longsword for a big back.

Anyway I just think Varus is a terrible pick vs TSM. They skirmish so much early game and invade nonstop so you need a midlaner that can bully the enemy laners to keep them in lane. Varus can push but he hardly bullies anyone and doesn't want to skirmish in jungle due being immobile. Its hard to bully Syndra but Varus has hardly any kill pressure on her when she has cleanse.

TSM gonna keep picking lane bullies like Kennen/Syndra/Jhin /Nami its very obvious what their plan is. This meta is perfect for their laners playstyle and moreso for Sven to invade 24/7. Sven's champs are all in meta. Nid/Lee/Graves and he is also good on Reksai. I am not sure about how good his Elise is but most junglers can play her. I expecting teams to keep banning 3 junglers vs Sven and take away Lee or one of the lane bullies their laners play. We did see TSM pick skarner in that remake. That champ doesn't really fit Sven's style imo but maybe they will play it today.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Sven has absolutely played a flawless Lee Sin in this tournament so far. I don't know how you ban him out at this point.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Today's Games:

A: CLG v ANX
A: ROX v G2
B: FW v C9
B: IM v SKT
D: SPY v TSM
D: RNG v SSG

Group A: CLG and ROX have to be favorites in both of those games, and if an upset doesn't happen in either one then they both go up 2-0 v 0-2 in the group which will make it really hard for the other teams to catch-up.
Group B: I think both of these matches will be close and very interesting, no real predictions.
Group D: Last games of the first half for this group which will close out. Royal is looking to go up 3-0 and Splyce is looking to not go 0-3, but both of those things will probably happen.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Sven has absolutely played a flawless Lee Sin in this tournament so far. I don't know how you ban him out at this point.

You don't, you have to beat two of his lanes and have your jungler try and mirror him to shut him down

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Libertine posted:

so on the basis of what we've seen from his play since finals, sven has a pool of:
* rek'sai, lee sin, nidalee, which all enable him to do the dumb poo poo he does on invades
* elise, which doesn't
* gragas, which is dead champion now
* and then stuff like skarner and kha'zix which are super-untested

teams are letting his lee sin through because it should have the narrowest capabilities of his realistic picks in terms of where it's going to be in early game and what it's going to able to do in mid/late game. which would be fine, but they're not punishing his early-game predictability for some reason (i guess you can make the case both ways on that initial skirmish and samsung were so far behind by 7-10 minutes that sven could keep doing sven things, but rng's performance in that regard was just complete poo poo). so, i guess at this point, you probably want to switch to rek'sai-lee-nidalee - not because sven's lee is so good that it deserves a ban automatically, but just because if sven does his usual antics on elise/gragas i think tsm lose those games, and if you want to be less constricted in terms of working around tsm's early game plan (entirely reasonable) then that's how you free yourself up there.

(also on both rek'sai and lee, there's the pretty big underrated element that no mana = bjergsen gets level 4 blue = bjergsen does disgusting things to most matchups with level 4 blue)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Since I am bad at pro LoL I'm not going to say anything indepth about TSM or Sven, but so far we have two very impressive non-korean teams with TSM and RNG and that makes me happy. It feels like the winner of this worlds isn't determined already, which is really strange

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm watching J4ckiechan play hearthstone instead of this, I'm already bored of worlds again. I actually got very busy irl & I cant spend all day in moms basement lol. I have a car, a house, THREE retirement accounts, a GF, and a full time job as well as being a web comedian always growing his brand so its kind of tough for me to watch this all day... Plus this stuff is kind of for virgins anyways, which I am not. Also I need to work out, which I do on a regular basis.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lol

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Libertine posted:

A: CLG v ANX
A: ROX v G2
Group A: CLG and ROX have to be favorites in both of those games, and if an upset doesn't happen in either one then they both go up 2-0 v 0-2 in the group which will make it really hard for the other teams to catch-up.

It only appears that way because CLG hasn't played ROX yet and G2 has yet to play ANX. Assuming ROX sweeps the group and ANX doesn't steal a game somewhere, it still comes down to CLG vs G2, the entire group stage for those two is pretty much a Bo3.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Putting a 24 hour :toxx: on the line, clg will lose to anx

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Albert Knocks are cheeser dogs but CLG identified the correct meta strat of being big time cheeser dogs so as the saying goes, you can't cheese a cheeser.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I expect C9 to dunk on FW after watching FW's dreadful play yesterday

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Catching up to the two games I missed yesterday, I have to say LS is a really really good commentator

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Wuxi posted:

Catching up to the two games I missed yesterday, I have to say LS is a really really good commentator

When he's not being called out by Alex ich for saying dumb poo poo yeah he's ok I guess

stump collector
May 28, 2007

YancyQ posted:

I expect C9 to dunk on FW after watching FW's dreadful play yesterday

never expect c9 to do anything good

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Luna Was Here posted:

Putting a 24 hour :toxx: on the line, clg will lose to anx

Done

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm watching J4ckiechan play hearthstone instead of this, I'm already bored of worlds again. I actually got very busy irl & I cant spend all day in moms basement lol. I have a car, a house, THREE retirement accounts, a GF, and a full time job as well as being a web comedian always growing his brand so its kind of tough for me to watch this all day... Plus this stuff is kind of for virgins anyways, which I am not. Also I need to work out, which I do on a regular basis.

this but unironically and posted the exact moment g2 lost to clg

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

When he's not being called out by Alex ich for saying dumb poo poo yeah he's ok I guess

Are you looking forward to your 24h holiday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

stump collector posted:

never expect c9 to do anything good

and you will be rewarded

edit: I think C9 will do well against FW. Their top and bot lanes both look composed against SKT. Meteos didn't play bad; his midlaner fed and his side lanes were pushed out most of the time. C9 is good, Jensen just needs to put a lid on the poo poo talking for the rest of Worlds.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 1, 2016

• Locked thread