Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smg77
Apr 27, 2007
The hits. They keep on coming.
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/782312885921906688
:shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I was thinking today was quiet and then 'I AM NOT MAD' and now this'll happen too. What else could happen this weekend? :allears:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I hope the town hall debate has like 50 microphones setup on his podium, with a note that reads: "Dear Donnie, here are some backups to ensure everyone hears you without issue. -H"

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm hoping he strokes out a few days after losing the election, his businesses all fail, and the rest of his family end up living in a housing project.

Ivanka's husband is highly successful in his own right IIRC, so she'll be fine at least.

Bateman jr will probably kill some people and wear their skins.

...Clinton?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Linux Rig posted:

How do you win a debate anyway?

By not turning into a corncob.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Night10194 posted:

I was thinking today was quiet and then 'I AM NOT MAD' and now this'll happen too. What else could happen this weekend? :allears:

The best temperament. Just the best. Big-league.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Jesus tapdancing Christ. Has there ever been a presidential candidate this goddamn... tacky?

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Looking forward to trump attacking a single mom or disabled veteran on twitter after he doesn't like their townhall question

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Evil Fluffy posted:

...Clinton?

Corncob?

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Oh my god.

Surely, *surely* he cannot come back from this week. I mean, I know his lunatic fanbase will vote for him whatever, but how can anyone -regardless of their political views- look at his recent behaviour and not see that President Trump would be an very real danger to the safety of the nation?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

Surely, *surely* he cannot come back from this week. I mean, I know his lunatic fanbase will vote for him whatever, but how can anyone -regardless of their political views- look at his recent behaviour and not see that the man would be an very real danger to the safety of the nation?

They are willing to take what they imagine is short-term damage to assure a right-leaning Supreme Court Justice because if Clinton wins they KNOW they'll get a long-term damage.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

What's this corncob thing. I saw that tweet but I still don't get it...

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

Surely, *surely* he cannot come back from this week. I mean, I know his lunatic fanbase will vote for him whatever, but how can anyone -regardless of their political views- look at his recent behaviour and not see that the man would be an very real danger to the safety of the nation?

Not to mention just a yuuuugggeee embarrassment.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

Surely, *surely* he cannot come back from this week. I mean, I know his lunatic fanbase will vote for him whatever, but how can anyone -regardless of their political views- look at his recent behaviour and not see that President Trump would be an very real danger to the safety of the nation?

He still has a month to pivot. :smithicide:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

I doubt he'll come back from it in the sense of 'winning' but I'm pretty sure he won't lose by as much as he was on track to during August.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

I don't think he's going to come back from this week. Not because people will finally see the light and realize en masse that Trump is an idiot, but because there's two more debates coming up soon and Trump can't wait out the bad press anymore like he did in September.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

smg77 posted:

He still has a month to pivot. :smithicide:

Possibly, but the media hates him now*. I doubt he's coming back.

*Except for Alex Jones and the National Inquirier, of course.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/782321125984436224

He still mad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
New polls have Clinton +6 in New Jersey and Clinton +1 in Nevada.

The Nevada poll was in both English and Spanish +/- 3.5%, but their spin on it is that it comes down to ground game because preferences have hardened a lot:

quote:

That makes each side’s ground game a key factor.

That could well work in the favor of Clinton, who has her support base in the state’s population hub in Southern Nevada.

In Clark County, 53 percent of voters polled had a favorable opinion of her. In the rest of Nevada, 39 percent had a favorable opinion.

Trump’s case, 38 percent of Clark County voters polled had a favorable opinion of him. In the rest of the state, 48 percent of voters had a favorable opinion of him. That gives Trump’s campaign more land mass to cover to reach out to his base.

If Clinton maximizes turnout in Clark County and Trump’s campaign is unable to turn out voters, she’s likely to carry Nevada.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/election-2016/rj-s-nevada-poll-shows-clinton-and-trump-are-statistical-tie

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also every pivot so far has required a new campaign manager and I'm pretty sure firing this one won't help him any.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

EngineerJoe posted:

What's this corncob thing. I saw that tweet but I still don't get it...

If you get owned real hard you turn into a corncob

that's it, it's a joke man

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

... does he not realize that everyone listening at home could hear him fine?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

Your average voter just watched the debates (or reads about them afterward) and doesn't follow any side material like tweets. Trump is unhinged but most people will only hear about it through several filters that downplay his awfulness. It's hurting him, but most people really don't realize or care about how tremendously terrible of a candidate he is

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
He can pivot one way but he'll pivot right back so um yeah.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crow Jane posted:

Look man it has to be ANYTHING but him, because if it was all him he'd have obviously won bigly.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

Your average voter just watched the debates (or reads about them afterward) and doesn't follow any side material like tweets. Trump is unhinged but most people will only hear about it through several filters that downplay his awfulness. It's hurting him, but most people really don't realize or care about how tremendously terrible of a candidate he is

I don't know. Even the entertainment shows are basking in the meltdown, it's pretty hard not to be aware of what's going on.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crow Jane posted:

I don't know. Even the entertainment shows are basking in the meltdown, it's pretty hard not to be aware of what's going on.

Remember, he lost big time the last time he went nuts and it got all over the public sphere. He won't lose as much because the GOP has, mostly, rallied around him but he will lose voters from this. And he's unlikely to avoid minefields at the other two.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/782250938916560901 / https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/782251130667622400 / https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/782251334678478848

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

I don't think he's going to come back from this week. Not because people will finally see the light and realize en masse that Trump is an idiot, but because there's two more debates coming up soon and Trump can't wait out the bad press anymore like he did in September.

This isn't really on par with the Khan meltdown yet but:
1) It's not over yet and these things seem to snowball
2) There are fewer undecideds left for Trump to win over at this point

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ahahahahaha.

Never has a yam become a corncob so thoroughly.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

I love the Freudian symbolism here. Trump wants us all to watch him jerk off, gets emasculated, blames his symbolic dick for failing him.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

My Linux Rig posted:

How do you win a debate anyway?

by not doing the things Trump is doing

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Trump is, honestly, the most amazing shitshow I have ever seen or know of.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

VanSandman posted:

Trump is, honestly, the most amazing shitshow I have ever seen or know of.

And 40-45% of people are going to vote for him for president :negative:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/782328863804260352

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sensible Thursday posted:

This isn't really on par with the Khan meltdown yet but:
1) It's not over yet and these things seem to snowball
2) There are fewer undecideds left for Trump to win over at this point

Yeah, just get over it already. Give yourself plenty of time before making a fool of yourself at the next debate.

Oh man.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

he's long past the point of being able to come back. this week is just trump rolling around in his failure

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pakled posted:

And 40-45% of people are going to vote for him for president :negative:

If he only gets 40% of the vote in the end I will be loving ecstatic. That's a crazy landslide.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Night10194 posted:

If he only gets 40% of the vote in the end I will be loving ecstatic. That's a crazy landslide.

Yeah the last time a major party candidate got 40% (actually 41%) of the vote in a two-way election they lost the electoral college 525-13.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Yes I'm sure the pivot is coming. Any day now guys he's gonna turn it all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

I don't get how people figure he's this alpha male figure. He's a cheap whiny little loser, and whenever he loses he can't acknowledge any fault or wrong; the system must be crooked or wrong if it produced any result other than him being #1. People identify him as this swaggering alpha male character, but his whole life screams insecurity and weakness.

• Locked thread