Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I just had to get the glass back on my Galaxy 7Edge replaced (god, glass backs are such a dumb idea) and I did it directly with Samsung, a week door-to-door, without talking to my carrier. Try calling Samsung customer service with your IMEI and serial number handy, and they'll tell you if it's under warranty and how to get it fixed.

Lol anybody who's complaining about handing over your personal data to Android/Google. Apple or Google, pick your favorite Dark Lord to bend the knee.

E: Samsung makes the CS phone number hard to find. 1 (800) 726-7864

Thats good to know. Had my S7 16 days and dropped it from a short end table and smashed the back. I had just taken the case off a few hours prior. edit: contacted them and they are telling me to go to my carrier. I do have insurance through them but fucks sake I dont wanna pay $79 two weeks into ownership, I thought there might be a grace period or something.

On the original galaxy and perhaps even the 3 I remember having an app that allowed me to download a whole bunch of new fonts. Choices are slim as usual out of box but all the alternatives are paid. Any way to get more free ones?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

"I can find it on Google" is not the same as "I can find it on the support page".

Screenshot of the U.S. support page at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/:
http://imgur.com/a/m3BPH
Screenshot of the Galaxy Note 7 page:
http://imgur.com/a/DD20e

e: No idea why those imgur embeds are failing; hints gratefully accepted.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I just had to get the glass back on my Galaxy 7Edge replaced (god, glass backs are such a dumb idea) and I did it directly with Samsung, a week door-to-door, without talking to my carrier. Try calling Samsung customer service with your IMEI and serial number handy, and they'll tell you if it's under warranty and how to get it fixed.

Lol anybody who's complaining about handing over your personal data to Android/Google. Apple or Google, pick your favorite Dark Lord to bend the knee.

E: Samsung makes the CS phone number hard to find. 1 (800) 726-7864

My glass back is cracked so I'll keep this handy but the back button spamming has stopped entirely and I have no clue why. Technology! :buddy:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"I can find it on Google" is not the same as "I can find it on the support page".

you need a .jpg link you're linking to the main image page

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Blue Train posted:

you need a .jpg link you're linking to the main image page

Thank you! The Deleter, the support line handles all sorts of problems, not just glass/display problems.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Interestingly, in addition to Samsung, I checked the support pages for HTC, Motorola, and Apple, and of the four, Samsung is the only one that actually had their support number on the page.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

codo27 posted:

Thats good to know. Had my S7 16 days and dropped it from a short end table and smashed the back. I had just taken the case off a few hours prior. edit: contacted them and they are telling me to go to my carrier. I do have insurance through them but fucks sake I dont wanna pay $79 two weeks into ownership, I thought there might be a grace period or something.

On the original galaxy and perhaps even the 3 I remember having an app that allowed me to download a whole bunch of new fonts. Choices are slim as usual out of box but all the alternatives are paid. Any way to get more free ones?

A grace period for damaging your phone. New fonts. Please do not drunk post.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure Samsung offers lots of fonts in the Samsung app store, but you may as well just change it to Choko Kooky or whatever since it will end up there eventually

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

There is indeed a "download fonts" option in the font selection menu, and there are definitely some nice looking clean ones that are not Comic Sans XL or whatever.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Endless Mike posted:

I'm sure Samsung offers lots of fonts in the Samsung app store, but you may as well just change it to Choko Kooky or whatever since it will end up there eventually

Choko Kooky is the absolute worst; even worse than Comic Sans. Holy poo poo it's bad.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

CLAM DOWN posted:

There is indeed a "download fonts" option in the font selection menu, and there are definitely some nice looking clean ones that are not Comic Sans XL or whatever.

Too bad you can't change the emoji font. Samsung's version is horrid.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
literally the only android phone that is designed and sized correctly to use with one normal human hand is a sony, and it's too expensive and not a flagship

phones suck

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

literally the only android phone that is designed and sized correctly to use with one normal human hand is a sony, and it's too expensive and not a flagship

phones suck

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
welp my HTC One M7 appears to be dead. rip great phone

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

atomicthumbs posted:

phones suck
If only I had a second hand to go along with the first one

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

Agreed.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Lowen SoDium posted:

Wow, gently caress.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

welp my HTC One M7 appears to be dead. rip great phone

The HTC 10 is currently on sale, from it's ridiculous 699USD asking price to a more manageable $550.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So since I don't see a Chromebook thread - I just bought an Acer Chromebook 14 as a replacement for my Nexus 7 2013 - I know it's on the list of devices that will get Play Store access, but I've heard that's coming this month and isn't live at this moment?

I'm already a bit miffed that the last-gen Chromeboxes aren't evidently getting access - only the newest-gen ones.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Mental Hospitality posted:

The HTC 10 is currently on sale, from it's ridiculous 699USD asking price to a more manageable $550.

I know other posters weren't ecstatic with their htc 10 but I'm extremely happy with mine. Upgraded from a s6 and it's better in every way except for the display. It would be the perfect phone if I could match the s6 display with htc10 internals and body. No jank or stutter even though I never reboot the phone. I had to restart the s6 every few days so it would be smoother and also not drop notifications.

The pixel phones are supposedly the htc10 except with amoled displays. So I'd wait for that.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So since I don't see a Chromebook thread - I just bought an Acer Chromebook 14 as a replacement for my Nexus 7 2013 - I know it's on the list of devices that will get Play Store access, but I've heard that's coming this month and isn't live at this moment?

Supposedly there's signs of it being worked on in Canary builds right now, which means it's probably not for a couple more months, as it has to work its way through the release channels (canary > dev > beta > stable.)

The only Chromebooks with Play Store support available right now are the Pixel 2, Acer R11, and Asus Flip.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Merv Burger posted:

Supposedly there's signs of it being worked on in Canary builds right now, which means it's probably not for a couple more months, as it has to work its way through the release channels (canary > dev > beta > stable.)

The only Chromebooks with Play Store support available right now are the Pixel 2, Acer R11, and Asus Flip.

Thanks. Really all I do on my tablet now is browse and use the Awful app - it'd be nice if they sped things up a bit. I'm never buying another tablet - physical keyboards gently caress up way less than touchscreens. Kind of hosed with phones in that regard, but I'm still using an LG G2 until it finally implodes, because Verizon refuses to allow me to try a refurbished G3, which would at least allow me to use Marshmallow.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Is there anybody who has used and can recommend an Android app to make your phone act as a Bluetooth microphone for Windows? I've tried WO Mic which is the first recommendation from googling, but the delay and quality are both terrible.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The support page you linked has 1-800-samsung listed right in the "connect with us" section...

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

ilkhan posted:

The support page you linked has 1-800-samsung listed right in the "connect with us" section...

Blame me and my lyin' eyes. Phooey.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
Let's at least be honest about the fact that you can easily contact Samsung once your phone explodes. Presuming you have a second phone.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

nocal posted:

Let's at least be honest about the fact that you can easily contact Samsung once your phone explodes. Presuming you have a second phone.

Using your remaining hand.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What does this icon mean? Samsung s7. Cheers.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Notifications are turned off for the conversation with Charlie.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Charlie is a mute.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How do i change this?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Ask Charlie to speak up

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can you tell Charlie I need that $100 I lent him back?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Open the chat, hit the menu button, people and options.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ta

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Open the chat, hit the menu button, people and options.

That sounds like Charlie work.

Must Love Dogs
May 6, 2005

and the sky is filled with light can you see it?

Bell Canada leaked pictures of the Pixel and the Pixel XL tonight.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Looks a lot like an iphone.

Not a bad thing, it's a good design. Not crazy about the bezel, but I'm gonna get one.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I find it crazy that the Pixel XL is taller than my Moto X Pure despite having a screen that's smaller by 0.2 inches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

bull3964 posted:

I find it crazy that the Pixel XL is taller than my Moto X Pure despite having a screen that's smaller by 0.2 inches.

I think the iPhone 6 plus is like that too. Maybe HTC is trying to out-samsung Samsung in copying Apple.