Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Bean posted:

Does it piss anyone else off when they call him Super Mario? He's Mario, damnit.

Super is his title, respect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Also lol @ SMD, he'll never give up on the NX being some Scorpio killer. What a loser. How sad.

For a guy super touchy about unverified speculatuon, you'd think he'd have something to back up his pet speculation.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://youtu.be/ynqq3wetjQE

SMD believes he may have found something that invalidates the rumors from Eurogamer.

This video needs to be sent to all the major sites, IGN, Kotaku, cnet etc.... this will put pressure on Nintendo not to copy this crap product (if by some chance NX was similar to this) Force Nintendo's hand!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bean posted:

Does it piss anyone else off when they call him Super Mario? He's Mario, damnit.

In all promotional material he is big Mario therefore he is Super Mario

This isn't hard, gently caress

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm scared.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

I'm scared.

loving lol

Is this going to lead to goomba chestbusters next?

Cause holy gently caress I hope so.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
That is terrifying. Poor Toad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm neither a millennial nor a gen-x'er, but rather part of the Oregon Trail Generation. Game on.

That seems way too cumbersome to say though. Needs something that's memorable and conveys the meaning in a single word.

...Dysentarians? Hmm...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Generation Y-our daughter died of scarlet fever.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
pepparony generation

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Nintendo Generation :c00l:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://youtu.be/ynqq3wetjQE

SMD believes he may have found something that invalidates the rumors from Eurogamer.

what an awful loving sound effect to put at the front of your youtube videos

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

zolthorg posted:

what an awful loving sound effect to put at the front of your youtube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRdrbKasYz8

Why he'd use this dumb theme from a terrible JRPG is beyond me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Xenosaga was cool

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

anyways his video is dumb, all of the rumors we have about the nx (which devkits have actively been out in the wild for a while) basically make it sound like an nvidia shield, to the point where people are saying its going to literally just use an nvidia shield cpugpu chip

nintendo is like the apple of the game industry, basically nothing they have ever shipped has been new or exciting but they package it up in a tight os and a cute form factor and provide good software for it and you love it and pay them more then it costs to manufacture

the product he shows is just a tablet with lovely controllers, of which there are dozens of products on the market right now

he's farming for clicks and channel attention because nx rumor mongering was at a fever pitch in september and he is actively missing the boat. all he had to do was pull out a microphone and record, in an incredulous tone of voice, that he was shocked all you peasants would assume INNOVATIVE nintendo wasn't making a vr headset and would believe all these simpleton rumors about a pointer-wand with a weak gyro /accelerometer matrix that had already been invented YEARS ago

if you want to attack the current nx rumors you might want to start with the fact that that you're not going to be coprocessing any realistic amount of graphics or cpu instructions wirelessly (remember that stupid sketch of a magic cube that improves framerate / cooks you bacon)
but we have all these rumors about the handheld being like a portable wii u gamepad (all the gyro, snap offable wiimote controllers, soft pillowy triggers, hori arcade stick, girl gamer only buttons, etc)
but then also having a "dock/console" that it can dock into to improve the framerate / resolution and play on a tv

if you dock the handheld into a console, what are you going to be left with to play splatoon or zelda? if you snap off the kit kat bar controllers what are you going to do for all the games that use touch screen functionality? its going to be sitting over there, on the tv stand in the console/dock

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 2, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The original iphone was super cool kinda like the original Nintendo was super cool. And a lot of the other Nintendos actually. And video/computer games in general because games are fun.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i maintain that games are fun and cool

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

some games

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

So will the NX be announced in October?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

i maintain that games are fun and cool

source??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dublish posted:

So will the NX be announced in October?

I got tired of waiting for NX news so I bought a 3DS. I'd expect a NX announcement in the next 48 hours.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The NX has already been announced. It's called Hope

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got tired of waiting for NX news so I bought a 3DS. I'd expect a NX announcement in the next 48 hours.

The 3DS is great, have fun playing really good games.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

You guys think they're gonna sink the last productive Christmas for the 3DS? You won't hear poo poo about it until after the holidays.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
They're already sinking the last productive Christmas for the Wii U!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I bought and have been playing Final Fight 2 today

So I've been having fun lariating Haggar across the globe

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I got Chibi Robo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got Chibi Robo

i hope you got the amiibo at least!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

i hope you got the amiibo at least!!

Yeah it came with it. The Ryu Amiibo was on clearance for 4 dollars so I got that too. I'm not sure what it does.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah it came with it. The Ryu Amiibo was on clearance for 4 dollars so I got that too. I'm not sure what it does.

it looks cool

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The 3DS has a really compelling library. I'm currently playing Ace Attorney 6.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Raserys posted:

Danganronpa port confirmed???

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

elf help book posted:

it looks cool

If you're buying amiibos for any reason other than this, you're doing it wrong.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

I'm scared.

Ink isn't safe to drink, shy guy. Stop that. :sg:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Raserys posted:

Well, guess I can't afford an NX. :geno:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

bloodychill posted:

They're already sinking the last productive Christmas for the Wii U!

That was last year, when I bought one.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This Christmas is for the NES Mini and, to a lesser extent, the 3DS for Pokemon.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

raditts posted:

If you're buying amiibos for any reason other than this, you're doing it wrong.

Truly. I got one of those Mario end-level pyramids and just enough amiibos to fill it, including all the cool ones and a yarn Yoshi that won't fit on the drat thing and I'm good with amiibos for life now.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Whilst out for business I happened across a Ryu amiibo, and its eyes locked with mine. Ever since I've been invigorated with a Fighting Spirit, and I never feel alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoMemo/status/782491105602437121

• Locked thread