Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So the proper goon response to an "unknown vessel" is just going to be, ramming speed, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Their is another response?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Preferably a pincer attack.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Anoia posted:

Preferably a pincer attack.

Perferably with ships shaped like the Pokémon pincer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im excited for this game to come out

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

im excited for this game to come out

I as well, friend

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

Hoophy: Quick question, is the Armada open to trade?
Vick_Viper89: the armada is open to lucrative offers yeah
Vick_Viper89: ultimately its up to the admiral but we will listen
Hoophy: Also, will you allow a ship to approach to gauge its intentions, or do you fire on sight?
Vick_Viper89: Thats the one thing ill never do and its part of armada operating procedures to follow suit
Hoophy: Which one? The allowing or the firing?
Vick_Viper89: you cant create memories by simply firing on others with no reason, then it simply becomes an arena and thats not what we want
:pilot:

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

This has to be a joke right? This is sounding like the mmo roulette now. There is no way this community is taking this game that seriously already. Right?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Fishing pact

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Elblanco posted:

This has to be a joke right? This is sounding like the mmo roulette now. There is no way this community is taking this game that seriously already. Right?

I take it you aren't on the Crowfall forums back when they only had scraps of concept art and promises to go on.

Or ANY MMO forums before there's anything to do. Star Citzens are still adding to their personal legends of slave trading across the galaxy.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Elblanco posted:

https://w-a.github.io/nn

quote:

About Us

The Worlds Adrift News Network is a group dedicated to bringing the News of Worlds Adrift to the masses. We know the game isn't out yet and we know that many players will experience long periods of inactivity before release, therefore we want to make sure that there's an indexed, organised, easy to search site providing the news that they might of missed.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

quote:

Spies in the Community
This weeks community thread is by Penumbran Leader Archaos, he is looking for answers on whether spying is acceptable. Let alone something within the games EULA. https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/player-spies-in-worlds-adrift-developer-insight-please/ but so far, no response from Bossa or a good one from a player. It remains a mystery

These folks are just precious.

And Dev's response is everything short of password/account theft is allowed. :getin:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

For context, the OP of that thread is part of the group that spied on Sabin.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

I'd like to initiate protocols to take this dorks lunch money

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
That need site is super convenient actually. All the pubbie tears in one place.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Elblanco posted:

Go check out Chronicles of Elyria, people are pledging themselves to barons, dukes and kings before they've even set up a web store.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Go check out Chronicles of Elyria, people are pledging themselves to barons, dukes and kings before they've even set up a web store.

darkfall had that with the duchy of wessex

pretty good poo poo

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Elblanco posted:

That need site is super convenient actually. All the pubbie tears in one place.
Well then, you are in luck

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If they're going to be journalists for this lovely game they should at least learn when to use "of" and when to use "have"

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Sounds like Skies of Arcadia the MMO. Unfortunately, it looks super lovely in comparison to Skies of Arcadia. Do they got anything like Harpoon Cannon on Little Jack?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
MMO players are cancer :grin:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Oh, hey a newsletter...

quote:

We answer questions about drugs, vaping and how we decide what games to work on!

This game is never happening, is it?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I guess you could say it's vaperware.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

MMO players are cancer :grin:

Well...you're not wrong.

But this game looks like fun.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The newsletter updates for this game are so weird.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/male-characters/

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I don't like how stretched out all of their characters look. 'Beanpole' is a good word for it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
They got teeny feets.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Not even the good kind though (ex. Wind Waker)

They all look like

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 8, 2016

Whispering Voices
Nov 21, 2007
Obey and all will be well ...

Jackard posted:

Not even the good kind though (ex. Wind Waker)

They all look like

I'd be pretty happy if I could drop some cherry blossom Jack Skellington marines onto someone else's ship though, particularly if there's ingame voicecomms for parties. Group someone up, start playing TNBC soundtrack, pirate. That's a gaming need I've not yet had met.

TheSaltyDragon
Sep 9, 2016

That looks pretty cool

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

Well...you're not wrong.

But this game looks like fun.

I couldn't help myself

I actually am lookin forward to this but I'm trying to keep my expectations low :geno:

this is how i cope you see :o:

i want 2 be a ninja hoody girl with shooty ropes and swingy stuff

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

i want 2 be a ninja hoody girl with shooty ropes and swingy stuff

Same

and I wanna follow all the community agreed rules of friendly approach and then murder the gently caress out of people when in range

...they should really let us keep copies of every alliance flag out there, like real pirates

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hope you can "accidentally" knock off the sails/rudders off passing ships with your hull then immediately blame the other person for ramming you.

Tennance
Feb 8, 2013
Posting to confirm seatbelt status fastened.

Whispering Voices
Nov 21, 2007
Obey and all will be well ...
Alliance applications should be faster than loan applications.

HipBEE
Apr 27, 2014
new round of alpha testing started.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

Same

and I wanna follow all the community agreed rules of friendly approach and then murder the gently caress out of people when in range

...they should really let us keep copies of every alliance flag out there, like real pirates

thatd be cool

i wonder about portals though, this game seems like it would have portal devices to set up on islands for traveling...

i also wonder if therell be some kind of hub city like a Jita or something

but i must keep my speculation down with mild cynicism~

:eonwe: hey guys i think worlds adfrit is goin to be fun and im gonna play it :eonwe:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

:eonwe: hey guys i think worlds adfrit is goin to be fun and im gonna play it :eonwe:

I'm just looking forward to playing a game with #GuildLeader :eonwe: again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

I'm just looking forward to playing a game with #GuildLeader :eonwe: again.

#guildleader has always been the best leader

this time things will be different!