Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Team Rocket w a bit of the ultraviolence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Sockser posted:

Hey I'm a big dummy and didn't realize that Victini only ran until the 24th. Can anyone hook me up? I also still need a Celebi but I imagine that's going to be harder to swing.

Don't forget that it's October now, and Keldeo is in the Nintendo Network

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html#oct

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Nth Doctor posted:

Don't forget that it's October now, and Keldeo is in the Nintendo Network

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html#oct

Yeah that's how I found out. Went to go claim my Victini on the 30th and whoooops got a Keldeo.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I liked that Generations episode. Dragonite rules and I love that they did both the Dragonite uses Barrier like a cheating bastard thing (that is how I am going to interpret that bit) and also the Dragonite just plain old attacks a guy thing.

He's the Pokemon version of Luke Cage

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
What's the best set for landorus-t?

I'm about to get the one from ORAS and I need to know what nature to go for.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Network42 posted:

What's the best set for landorus-t?

I'm about to get the one from ORAS and I need to know what nature to go for.

Jolly or adamant.

Stone Edge
U-turn
Earthquake
Knock off/Stealth Rock/ etc.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sockser posted:

Yeah that's how I found out. Went to go claim my Victini on the 30th and whoooops got a Keldeo.

The Victini download ended about a week ago anyway.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

So were they walking normally until they got to the top of the stairs or something, then the 2 on the left wanted cool swagger walks as well. But they wanted different walks then the others so they made the best of it? Or hell all of them had this great idea of trying to walk out cool when they got to the top of the stairs, but hosed it up?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's ya boy Petrel.

Weirdly no Arianna, but maybe there will be an episode where Silver discovers she's his mother! Dun dun dun.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
news when?!??!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Space T Rex posted:

news when?!??!

Right now. The news is that Landorus-t is good but not cool.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

swords dance/rock polish/earthquake/fly

now that's a landorus set

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PSWII60 posted:

Right now. The news is that Landorus-t is good but not cool.

Landorus-T is shameful. :colbert:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Thanks to the goon who posted that Darkrai code a few pages back. Are there any other mystery gift codes for OR/AS that are still valid?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Try HAPPY for a Meowth with payday

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Try HAPPY for a Meowth with payday

You mean Happy Hour?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What's a good moderately-bulky special attacker? Not looking for a real wall, just something that can switch in ever instead of never while still packing a decent punch. Megas are okay since this is for battle spot and it'll mostly be alternating with my existing mega Gardevoir

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

heeeaaatraaaaaan

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

condolences

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

cheetah7071 posted:

What's a good moderately-bulky special attacker? Not looking for a real wall, just something that can switch in ever instead of never while still packing a decent punch. Megas are okay since this is for battle spot and it'll mostly be alternating with my existing mega Gardevoir

Hydreigon. Good set of resistances to switch in with, and has pseudo-legendary bulk

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bulky thundurus with sitrus berry. prank 'em with a thunder wave/taunt and still have like 130 base special attack left over for thunderbolts

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Mega Venusaur is cool too, excellent bulk. Gotta deal with iffy coverage though, but his offenses are okay enough that you could run Earthquake to deal with Poison/Steels and then Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb will cover everything else.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will look into Heatran and Hudreigon, but not Thundurus because genies are the worst and I hate them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

thundurus is cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oddium posted:

thundurus is cool

this is the worst opinion i have ever seen in this thread

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Try Reuniclus. It's very fat, Magic Guard means you can switch in without worrying about hidden stones, slap a Life Orb on it to make it a very heavy hitter, and it's uncommon enough that nobody knows what moves it can use.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

cheetah7071 posted:

this is the worst opinion i have ever seen in this thread

Same

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Bongo Bill posted:

Try Reuniclus. It's very fat, Magic Guard means you can switch in without worrying about hidden stones, slap a Life Orb on it to make it a very heavy hitter, and it's uncommon enough that nobody knows what moves it can use.
It's not that they won't know what it does, it's a fat psychic (Psychic, Shadow Ball/Trick Room, Focus Blast, Recover), it's the fact that if you send it out at the right time, there's nothing they can do about it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

assault vest raikou is a pretty good check for basically every variant of thundurus since all it can 2hko you with is superpower on a mixed set

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sheer Force Life Orb Nidoqueen, maybe. Mega Blastoise, Eviolite Porygon2, Keldeo, and Zapdos might go over well too.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's hosed up that thundurus drops so many cool, handsome pokemon right on their necks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Legitimately I really ought to replace Mega-Gardevoir's slot on my team with Thundurus (and then use my mega to fill a different niche) but seriously gently caress genies

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071 posted:

Legitimately I really ought to replace Mega-Gardevoir's slot on my team with Thundurus (and then use my mega to fill a different niche) but seriously gently caress genies

do it, because you learn to love pokes by using them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

do it, because you learn to love pokes by using them

I am blessed that my three favorite pokemon (Breloom/Garchomp/Gardevoir) make an incredible core for a battle spot team. I'm not about to replace one of them with a bottom-ten pokemon on the offchance I might learn to love it

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Is there a good thundurus set that doesn't involve a specific hidden power?
I'm fairly familiar with simulator sets, but I'm putting pokes together in the actual games and man, gently caress hidden power.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, you probably don't want to bother with getting the right hidden power on a legendary in-game unless you're going to cheat one in. For battlespot singles HP Ice is usually the pick together with Thunderbolt in order to maximize things it can hit since that's really important when you only have 3 pokemon but depending on the rest of your team you'd be fine without it. Just make sure you have something to deal with anything you'd have wanted to HP Ice.

More importantly, you probably want Prankster and I can't remember off the top of my head when/how you could have gotten its HA. For in-game, anything with "Hidden" is obnoxious, yeah.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

prankster is thundurus' default ability because he's cool like that. his hidden is defiant

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Magnezone, Gastrodon, and Dragalge (on special side) could work too.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I am loving that you can find wild pokemon with EGG MOVES in ORAS using the pokenav. My Mighyena (evolved from a puppers) came with Play Rough and she's been using that a lot in my playthru, good for taking out fighting types it would normally fear. PLUS Intimidate, so she has been an awesome doggy. I typically don't use the route one guys but with Pokemon Amie, how could I not?? I'm trying to do the same basic thing in OR as I did in X, which is raising a whoooole buncha moms (like 20 or so?) at about level... but I got lazy and now I have like 10 mons overleveled.

I even Amie'd my Linoone who runs HM stuff.... and also Pin Missile because I'm a sucker for how perfect a move that is for that line.

I'm scaling Mt. Pyre for the first time now. Yeah I know I'm slow but it's kinda fun to like... always backtrack. Also, holy poo poo berry growing and also flying to some berries sometimes is amazing. How is this game so amazing??

I'm excited about this a lot because I have a lot of bad memories associated with the original gen 3, but most especially of beating the Elite Four and then not touching the games again for years. I don't think I'll have those problems this time, Hoenn is awesome. I used to be a Hoenn naysayer but OR is amazing in every way.

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I recently did a second playthrough of OR/AS. I'm glad you're enjoying it but for my part, the pokemon in that game are so lame and are for the most part so poorly distributed that I was forced to make my run a Wonder Trade run.

Having a Charmander, Bulbasaur, Chimchar, and Glameow at route 102 was awesome.
Then somebody WTed me a level 1 Rotom.
I decided to check and see where the appliances were in OR/AS.
They were back in the Prof's lab.
I decided Rotom-F was my honorary starter.