Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Unit24 posted:

My biggest disappointment was seeing the former Claw members come back just to job.

well they kind of sucked to begin with. that one guy's power is playing with plastic toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the worst part of the Claw boss arc is that Reigen never made fun of the boss for literally naming his evil world domination organisation "Claw" like a total dork

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I have now read the manga. All hail Lord Psycho Helmet.

The exorcism arc was my favourite it was real good

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Terper posted:

Terper... can it be... that you got brainwashed?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Schwarzwald posted:

This is also something of a callback to seminal "boy with psychic powers" manga Babel 2, where Babel defeats Yomi (the psychic leader of an organization that plans to conquer the world) by letting Yomi wear himself out attacking him.

Granted, afterwards Babel kills the man while he's incapacitated, so it's not quite a one-to-one comparison.

Is there any more babel II than the 13 chapters? I haven't found anything on batoto

Condiv fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 30, 2016

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

Reigen is very strong in that arc.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mostly liked it because of poor Mob actually

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I know, but Reigen is still strong in that chapter. The way he calls out the spirit and is much calmer than everybody else is inspiring and why I can't peg him as a conman.

It helps that I got immense respect for the man from earlier, but I expected it to take a dive, not escalate. It made the later scene so empathic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terper posted:

Agreed

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Condiv posted:

Is there any more babel II than the 13 chapters? I haven't found anything on batoto

Only the first three volumes have been translated, but there are ten altogether.

I think it was one of those deals where Yokoyama only intended to write the initial three, but the series was successful enough that he went on to do seven more. This is why Yomi's death seems like such a natural stopping point.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Averting my eyes and just gonna post some few MB100 reactions. I'll read from the start after catching up.

Ok this marathon stuff is exactly what i needed after that Reigen Arc :3:
This is nice :)
gently caress

Time to continue.
:aaaaa: gently caress
:shobon: phew, okay, thanks, dimple
Not even loving related to this. Nice.
I always wondered why the manga app was called Manga ONE when i looked up stuff on Urusunday lol
Christmas stuff was Powerful and Strong. Not sure my lungs can handle that panel with the flashlight yet.
Burning nicely...
Oh, so he's not "bad" per se, okay then, neat.
They weren't watching tv. i loving love this
So that's Claw, Reigen's Espers for Hire, Mercs Sponsored by Claw to betray them and Son of Giovanni's Gang of Misfits all getting ready to throw down
The truest, strongest fighting spirit ever: needing to get your insurance money
New Faction: White T. Poison's hooligans!
:stare: oh yeah, he kept that.
The. Body. Improvement. CLUB.
100% MUSCLE
oh. so. he's an actual walking psychic nuke. poo poo.
Man, these guys literally fighting Daredevil reminds me I still gotta make time to watch Luke Cage on Netflix.
I want to print this page and rub it all over my body. Reigen is THE best.
Hahahahah the explanation for those twins is the best. Also Mob is cool and interesting.
Taking away the umbrella doesn't sound like a good idea, actually...
100% i wanna guess Empathy.
this doesn't look like empathy at all actually, wait, it didn't say, but i'll go with empathy unless it's friendship.
All Him? fuuuuuuuuuuuck
Secret Weeaboo Technique: Playing the OP when it feels like the manga is getting close to a climax
Knocked him out??? OH YOU DONE GOOFED UP, GIOVANNI. Or not yet.
Ahh this is the world domination page I saw when OPM starte- wait what, so what's left to read now is nearly two years worth of chapters???
hahahah... no.. this time you won't get me ONE... you've "killed" Reigen enough times that i know you won't actually do it.. hahah, right?...
This week, on DBZ, Goku and Vegeta have an all out brawl!
Oh, Mob.. :ohdear:
Giving up is a cool mo-oh oh. oh no. that's. not a good 100% to have.
Courage!
hope he convinces him to stop taking drugs, also hwo did we not get these anime designs?
Lil' anticlimactic not seeing how it truly ended, but i'm super into whatever is inside mob doing this poo poo. And now the Training Session from Hell.
OH. :stare: THE SEEDS. OH. WELL THEN THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. HOLY poo poo.
Nice, nice nice.
Body Improvement Club. :3:
Reigen :3:
Niceness all around.
Oh hey, it's the breakout character of OPM: Neeto!
Cute little arc. Lol so that's why Ritsu wanted to make the festival less "extreme"
Oh no, Mob thinks he's trapped in a harem anime
100% Getting Carried Away. Beautiful.
awwww, dimple
"Every man has to become a cult leader once in his life" the best quote
oh dimple is doing some poo poo
indeed he is and i am now caught up

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 1, 2016

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 96.7

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 23, 2016

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Man Dimple doesn't get Mob at all.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Terper posted:

I mostly liked it because of poor Mob actually

Whole lotta sickos getting enjoyment from a little boy being tortured itt

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Terror Sweat posted:

Whole lotta sickos getting enjoyment from a little boy being tortured itt

hey

don't kinkshame

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
poor mob

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Brainwashed Reigen ftw.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

mob! mob! what do you want

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was really hoping that brainwashed Reigen would still somehow tell Mob what to do, but I guess to truly appreciate Reigen he can't be perfect all the time

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Man Dimple doesn't get Mob at all.

Yeah idk what he thinks this is going to accomplish

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dimple is desperate at this point. This is his last ditch effort of being evil, when he knows that Mob is right and he should stop doing bad things.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TWIST FIST posted:

mob! mob! what do you want

That is the arc, isn't it? From before Dimple showed up, the big question has been "Mob is now in a position he's going to have to do something with his life. What's it going to be?"

Thinking about it, that makes it absolutely necessary for Reigen to be out of the picture. Before now, Mob's always had someone to lean on. Even in the exorcism arc, he was going to fall without Dimple bailing him out.

Here, Mob is set to be able to do whatever he wants, with no-one in a position to help him find direction.

All this time he's been learning how to stand on his own. Now we see what he does when he has to.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Looks like Dimple is trying everything he can to remove Mob as a threat. He knows he can't possibly win in a fight, so he uses the brainwashed population to argue with Mob - and now he's straight-up offering to go 50/50 with world domination. I expect Dimple to get more and more desperate with his offers, until they start talking in person...

I like this arc.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

chiasaur11 posted:

That is the arc, isn't it?

That's been a running theme the whole series, as far back as the student council vice-president questioning Mob on joining the telepathy club.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
what if dimple's doing all this to help mob

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Davinci posted:

what if dimple's doing all this to help mob

Its a big surprise birthday party, and the whole town is invited!

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 97.1

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 23, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

School kid Reigen... is powerful.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Will this be the final arc? It kinda feels a little weaker than the last arc so far. I trust in ONE however.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Well he's clearly shooting for something special for chapter 100. Whether that's the end or not remains to be seen.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I think ONE's shooting for a bookends ending. Dimple was the first major arc, and he's also going to be the last so you can see how much Mob has grown.

The last chapter will probably just be some standalone thing like the first.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I do not want this to end any time soon, please and thank you ONE-sensei.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well it might just be "Mob has grown up and has learned a lot so the 'darkness' within him is dispelled so everything will be okay :frogbon:" but there's also ???% which seems important enough to bring up again. Dimple is a possible final boss but we'll see.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I really hope that this is the last arc, or there's just one more after it. I want Mob Psycho to be a complete story, not one that just prolongs itself pointlessly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mob Psycho 100 ends

Reigen Arataka: Ace Psychic begins.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I trust ONE to write Mob as long as he wills it to be.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Mob: Having psychic powers on it's own won't make you popular.

Dimple: Are you sure?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

We still got ???, and Dimple implied that the tree gained its own sentience, so I don't think he's the final villian

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The beauty of it is that he doesn't have to end it on chapter 100, he can end it on chapter ??? any time as long as it's under a thousand published chapters

This should keep him busy for a while.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

I feel that the anime should have been 24 episodes if the manga was going to end in a couple more chapters. I don't see much point in making an anime for half of a short series if the source material was mostly complete.

Just wishful speculation on my part, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

would they/will they even be able to do the urban legend stuff, the exorcism, the reigen arc, the second claw arc, and whatever is left with the broccoli in 12 episodes though?