Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Good thing you never played trolls I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Nighttheii posted:

Mount or impact, voulge, then D3+1 targets on chain lightning. I'd average it to 5 attacks per guy.

If we're counting impacts they can get like 20 attacks each, situationally.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Running a pair of min units, I hope!

Max shocktroopers always get in eachother's way.

Maybe so, but they're better for buff efficiency. Iron flesh or fury or battle lust is better for 6 than 4.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Jimmy Hats posted:

Arcing lightning from the Mist Riders off of my salt pillars is gonna be a great threat extender while keeping my poo poo nice and safe. 10" from the rider to the pillar, another 3" across the pillar's 'base', and then up to 4" to the nearest model. And then the riders can reposition 3" backwards! The odds of me killing my pillar with the initial damage roll are only 8% or so, so I figure with 2 of them I should be more than fine unless my dice start being 'ol so-and-sos.
That doesn't work because Chain Lightning specifies that it can only arc from and to models, which the pillars aren't.

And trying to use the pillars for goat slams really is a trap. It's way too Fury-inefficient. Just use Warpwolves, it is the Circle way.

e: I tried this in Mk2 when the pillars and arguably even the goats were better. And it was poo poo, which is why I'm so down on the idea. I mean, try it, of course, but I hope you didn't actually buy those dumb goats yet.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 1, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Wizard Styles posted:

That doesn't work because Chain Lightning specifies that it can only arc from and to models, which the pillars aren't.

The pillars specifically state that when they are targetted by attacks, they count as a huge based model. If they weren't models for all purposes of that attack, they'd never be able to suffer damage, since all the damage rules use the term model.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Gonna snag a whole bunch of firesale Skorne :getin:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Clawtopsy posted:

:yeah:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have a bro who played mk2 ret sell his stuff and pick up mk3 skorne. Hilarious!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Clawtopsy posted:

One day when Skorne is the best faction in the g- :laugh:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

waah posted:

One day when Skorne is the best faction in the g- :laugh:
Three years of pl--- errata.

At least Skorne will always have the distinction of being the most quit faction.

Jimmy Hats posted:

The pillars specifically state that when they are targetted by attacks, they count as a huge based model. If they weren't models for all purposes of that attack, they'd never be able to suffer damage, since all the damage rules use the term model.
That's not how I've had it explained to me, and I remember the Circle subforum (which is part of the official forums, of course, so maybe not the best resource) saying it doesn't work, too.

I guess I'll actually have to ask a judge about that, although if Mk2 pillars are any indication, if you ask four judges you'll get anything between two and five different answers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I've always had fun smashing my robits into elephants, now I can smash elephants into robits!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A Skorne player I respect said the issue with Skorne isn't that it's bad, it's that they don't have anything broken. In general the other factions are about the same strength, but they have a few things like Wurmwood or Madrak2 that skew them stronger.

If circle lost sentry stones and Wurmwood would they still be that much better than Skorne? What about Khador if they lost rocketeers and Joe?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm confused, is there some new salt for Skorne players to....agonize....over, or is it just the same old thing?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

rydiafan posted:

A Skorne player I respect said the issue with Skorne isn't that it's bad, it's that they don't have anything broken. In general the other factions are about the same strength, but they have a few things like Wurmwood or Madrak2 that skew them stronger.

If circle lost sentry stones and Wurmwood would they still be that much better than Skorne? What about Khador if they lost rocketeers and Joe?

Let's be real, a lot more would have to be nerfed than Joe and rockets.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

rydiafan posted:

This argument is just another way of saying the same thing to me, really. Internal balance has never been good.

I played Circle exclusively in Mk2 and the faction was always tons of garbage, some good stuff, and it was all mostly held together by Shifting Stones and a few great warlocks and heavies. The only faction that could seemingly just put whatever on the table was Cryx, and even they had a lot of stuff you would never see played.

As for the situation right now, it's hard for me to judge because nobody plays Skorne. But I would still say that even without Wurmwood, Circle would have a lot better warlocks than Skorne.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I think the only thing that genuinely upsets me about Skorne in mk3 is the changes to makeda 2 and that xerxis 2 is bad :(. I feel like I'll have to pick up rasheth at some point though, he seems to play well into a variety of match ups. Still in love with morghoul 1 though.

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

S.J. posted:

I think the only thing that genuinely upsets me about Skorne in mk3 is the changes to makeda 2 and that xerxis 2 is bad :(. I feel like I'll have to pick up rasheth at some point though, he seems to play well into a variety of match ups. Still in love with morghoul 1 though.

Rasheth was my favorite caster in MK2 and holy crap did he get better for no particular reason. He's a lot of fun for me personally. His ability to do a little def fixing and a ton of arm fixing really let's his army do work on feat.

I don't think Skorne is in a bad place at all, the internal balance just got scrambled around and you can't go at it like you're playing Mk2. Titans are all legit now though (bronzeback may be arguable) and I love putting all the elephants on the table. Cannoneer is MVP every game, I swear.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Went 2-1 with mohsar today! Beat denny2 and battle engine lylith, lost to baldur1. I have no good way of killing a woldwrath, but beyond that I think my list is pretty flexible!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

rydiafan posted:

To give an answer with minimal whining and hyperbole, the current issue with Skorne is that 90% of what you see on the card is exactly what you should expect. Playing against other factions it seems that all of the other armies have units that seem so-so, but it is because it is expected you will do something like cast iron flesh, or positve charge, or guided fire, etc. With Skorne, if a model is Arm 19, then it's gonna be arm 19.

Now Skorne has ways to improve this, but it requires taking support units and models at 7 points a pop. That adds up quickly, which also puts Skorne at a disadvantage of completely losing any unpredictability if those models get destroyed.

The reason other factions look at our support pieces and drool is because they think about how good our models would be with their casters who don't have to spend additional points in support models to shore up deficiencies.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I'm drunk at a wedding and rasheth is the poo poo holy goddamn gently caress that caster so hard

But skorne is unplayable trash so

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Mail in your rasheths fuckmans

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

albany academy posted:

Mail in your rasheths fuckmans

I am too weak to lift the model and all of it's heft. :negative:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel like skorne should just be like 3 units of karax with no attachments and then a bunch of titans

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

I feel like skorne should just be like 3 units of karax with no attachments and then a bunch of titans

Probably actually not a bad list for a number of warlocks. I'll be damned if I'm putting that many Karax together though. :suicide:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

waah posted:

I am too weak to lift the model and all of it's heft. :negative:

The shipping alone will tell hungerford that you're either really mad or really dumb or both

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I've been dipping my toes into Menoth. I've got a bunch of jacks, the mk2 and 3 battle boxes, choir, amon, and some other minor stuff. Been running this list:

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Amon 1) High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza [+29]
- Castigator [12]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Dervish [7]
- Devout [9]
- Reckoner [16]
- Redeemer [11]
- Repenter [8]
- Vigilant [9]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]

A few questions: What, if any, character jacks would you suggest I look into for Amon?

Secondly, I'm looking at Feora2 and liking what I see. I was thinking of getting Hand of Judgement and a pair of deliverer sunbursts and doing a list with her. What kind of infantry should I use there? Do I want something to jam with or hold zones, or something like Rhoven, or just go with warjacks?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Either fire of salvation or scourge of heresy seem good to me, but idk if they're worth the points for amon. With mobility and synergy idk if any of the character jacks are really worth it for him - he likes the spam

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I've been having a lot of fun with Blood of Matyrs in my Amon lists, though taking a unit would be recommended. Field marshal parry means he can sidestep around enemies like in mk2, potential to threaten almost 15 inches with grievous wounds and some high mat high pow attacks. I've been taking something cheap like daughters in my amon list, to help take out annoying solos, contest zones and, activate Blood's hand of vengeance. With hand of vengeance activated, he can step between multiple heavies, and wreck all of them.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Had a 60 player WTC style team tournament yesterday, and looking at a 40+ player Masters today. Saw some amazing games yesterday, hung out with bros, and had dope Mexican for dinner after. WMH owns, cons own, everything owns.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

A few questions: What, if any, character jacks would you suggest I look into for Amon?

Blood of Martyrs is rad as hell with Amon, and really every other Menoth caster: A pair of attacks and Grievous wounds is Quite Good.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Fyrbrand posted:

Had a 60 player WTC style team tournament yesterday, and looking at a 40+ player Masters today. Saw some amazing games yesterday, hung out with bros, and had dope Mexican for dinner after. WMH owns, cons own, everything owns.

Michigan Cup rules! Thank poo poo my team carried me to 3rd, because I didn't contribute too much haha. Thanks again for running it Bill.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

chutche2 posted:

What, if any, character jacks would you suggest I look into for Amon?

Something with an open fist. You can throw Amon, he can forfeit action, then he can walk up to their caster and buy Flashing Blade until they're dead.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

rydiafan posted:

Something with an open fist. You can throw Amon, he can forfeit action, then he can walk up to their caster and buy Flashing Blade until they're dead.

I was under the impression you couldn't stand up at all during the same turn you were knocked down, to prevent things like this.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

I was under the impression you couldn't stand up at all during the same turn you were knocked down, to prevent things like this.

Amon has Steady so he isn't 'knocked down' and doesn't have to stand. Because he still suffered the effects of knock down he does have to sacrifice his Combat Action or Movement.

Edit: it's similar to hucking the Swamp Horror around the map with Wraslers so you can get it a lot further than you normally would.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

rydiafan posted:

Yeah, that's part of the reason I've got the Castigator in there.

Nighttheii posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with Blood of Matyrs in my Amon lists, though taking a unit would be recommended. Field marshal parry means he can sidestep around enemies like in mk2, potential to threaten almost 15 inches with grievous wounds and some high mat high pow attacks. I've been taking something cheap like daughters in my amon list, to help take out annoying solos, contest zones and, activate Blood's hand of vengeance. With hand of vengeance activated, he can step between multiple heavies, and wreck all of them.

Something like this maybe?

http://conflictchamber.com/#b21b173N1S1U1r221L1q302M3z3z3B3B3t

- Blood of Martyrs [16]
- Castigator [12]
- Crusader [10]
- Devout [9]
- Reckoner [16]
- Vigilant [9]
- Dervish [7]
Daughters of the Flame [10]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 2, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

As soon as there is a plastic dervish kit, I am going to run 3+ with amon. They are ridiculously cheap and powerful with him. Mat 7!?

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

chutche2 posted:

Yeah, that's part of the reason I've got the Castigator in there.

Something like this maybe?

http://conflictchamber.com/#b21b173N1S1U1r221L1q302M3z3z3B3B3t

- Blood of Martyrs [16]
- Castigator [12]
- Crusader [10]
- Devout [9]
- Reckoner [16]
- Vigilant [9]
- Dervish [7]
Daughters of the Flame [10]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]

Looks great! If you have 2 choirs, double min choir for Amon is very helpful. Free up 2 points of solo, swap the choir into 2 min units. Command 6 makes it very tough to reach 6 targets in the max unit anyway. The double min unit gives you potential for having two choir buffs out (shielding on your front warjacks, battle for the reckoner etc.).

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

PaintVagrant posted:

As soon as there is a plastic dervish kit, I am going to run 3+ with amon. They are ridiculously cheap and powerful with him. Mat 7!?

Here's my current Amon list:

Amon
-Madelyn Corbeau
-Crusader
-Crusader
-Blood of Martyrs
-Dervish
-Dervish
-Dervish
-Dervish
-Vigilant
Wrack
Idrian Skirmishers +UA
Max Choir

Idrians are never a bad idea. They can work to clean up an enemy tar pit, or tarpit themselves for you, and they feed Molik Karn I mean Blood of Martyrs, since they can't be ignored. Dervishes really are as good as you could hope for. they're great at starting synergy chains at MAT 7, and just as good at closing them with P&S 18 with side step. Madelyn lets me play a bit more aggessive with Amon himself.

I'd swap something, probably the vigilant, for a purifier when it is out and spend the spare points on a mechanic or another wrack.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Vigilant is so good on a caster that cant be knocked down though, you never have to worry about it being slammed over him and losing that way. I would keep it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]

Local guy runs this. gently caress this.