Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Marching Powder, are you drunk posting? Are you the guy who gets drunk and starts yelling at everyone and trying to pick fights? It's Saturday night and you're angrily critiquing posters in the Star Citizen thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

EightAce posted:

Don't get me started on the gamescom thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSrXsbRh6k8

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm just glad we all had this important discussion. Oh wait, it's still going. Are having this important discussion.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Everyone who is trying to own Marching Powder should probably go find a different thread to post in for a while.

Also, Marching Powder should probably go find a different thread to post in for a while.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Milky Moor posted:

*in an extremely accurate Trent from Punchy voice* shut the gently caress up, jobbo fett

Moved to concern

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

XK posted:

Marching Powder, are you drunk posting? Are you the guy who gets drunk and starts yelling at everyone and trying to pick fights? It's Saturday night and you're angrily critiquing posters in the Star Citizen thread.

I'm pretty sure he's drunk most of the time he posts in here, but so am I.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Can we get Lazrin to answer how Derek can have no real importance in regards to SC, yet have an entire subreddit full of Shitizens obsessed with trying to bring down Dr Derek?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Reading Marching Powder's posts gives me mixed feelings. On one hand I can appreciate the grim beauty of a crow poking out the eye of a bloated corpse as it floats down the Ganges, but on the other hand I know it's going to spread disease and decay downstream.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Reading Marching Powder's posts gives me mixed feelings. On one hand I can appreciate the grim beauty of a crow poking out the eye of a bloated corpse as it floats down the Ganges, but on the other hand I know it's going to spread disease and decay downstream.

At this point I think the first crow's dead, a second crow's started on the other eye, maggots are hatching and attracting fish which are in turn attracting gulls and the whole shebang is most of the way through the Bay of Bengal and well on its way to the Indian ocean by now.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

Don't get me started on the gamescom thing

spill the deets

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pilz posted:

At this point I think the first crow's dead, a second crow's started on the other eye, maggots are hatching and attracting fish which are in turn attracting gulls and the whole shebang is most of the way through the Bay of Bengal and well on its way to the Indian ocean by now.

Press <<USE>> to pupate

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

MeLKoR posted:

What about on the Doppelganges?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/55gvpz/is_cig_delivering_industry_standard/

does anyone else feel that cold foreboding breeze? bbbbrrrrrrrrr

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

So the narrative now is that the game is crap because only Chris can make the perfect best BDSSE ever and relying on other staff can only make it flawed and imperfect?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
chris cant fail. he can only be failed

common cult rhetoric

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
RSI Forums: Is Star Citizen no longer a Sim game?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Chris is a techno-visionary like Steve Jobs and if you can't handle his exacting perfectionism at every level of design than you don't belong at CIG.

But also some intern can just take over and crap out a golf-swing mechanic as a core feature of the game and Chris probably just didn't notice, and then that feature was shown to the public. Again without Chris knowing about it. This happened all the time at Apple.

fffffaarrrttt.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

D1E posted:

LOL all comments regarding Sandi Gardiner's terrible acting have been completely deleted from the discussion on the last Kotaku UK article.

Like, an entire section wiped clean.

Might tie into the libel fears I mentioned earlier. I'm not sure how libel law works in the UK, but I know it's harsher than it is in the USA.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
New concept ship: Drake Ghost

A small two seat stealth/recon ship, equipped with powerful sensors and superior camouflage so you can scout your prey before you strike.

e: original design, please do not archer

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

im not discouraging anyone from posting here, but in your spare time, your shitposting would be greatly appreciated on C-Spam

trump controversies are just as hilarious as the derek smart stuff
Somebody change the :eonwe: smiley tag.

Thoatse posted:

Weekend At Gary's
Alfred Hitchcock presents The Trouble with Gary

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

You are the man controlling the golf club.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Chris is a techno-visionary like Steve Jobs and if you can't handle his exacting perfectionism at every level of design than you don't belong at CIG.

But also some intern can just take over and crap out a golf-swing mechanic as a core feature of the game and Chris probably just didn't notice, and then that feature was shown to the public. Again without Chris knowing about it. This happened all the time at Apple.

fffffaarrrttt.

Ships lose seats, game loses modules, ultra fun, engaging and innovative scanning mechanics got replaced with a golf swing. Someone needs to warn Chris of what is going on right under his nose. He is too trusting.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 2, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I love them going after "industry standard" as if it was a bad word. Jesus. Maybe it's Roberts that needs to get more experience.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

You are the man controlling the golf club.

After all these years you still are not getting it right.

You're the brain controlling the hand controlling the golf club.

Young Freud posted:

I love them going after "industry standard" as if it was a bad word. Jesus. Maybe it's Roberts that needs to get more experience.

What do the people who follows the standards of X know about X development?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trucutru posted:

After all these years you still are not getting it right.

You're the brain controlling the hand controlling the golf club.

If we're going to get anal retentive about it you're the brain controlling the man controlling the hand controlling the man controlling the golf club.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

There are Industry Standards? There are Minimum Viable Product techniques?
Wasn't it Christ Roberts himself that mentioned MVP?

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
There's a difference between simplification and accessibility. One's making sure your tutorial is comprehensive, your mechanics well explained, your controls generally intuitive. The other involves golf club-styled mechanics.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

ewe2 posted:

There are Industry Standards? There are Minimum Viable Product techniques?
Wasn't it Christ Roberts himself that mentioned MVP?

He was tricked! Tricked I say! He meant that it was the most valuable player of the industry!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Young Freud posted:

I'm highly amused that after this obvious shitshow of a hilariously broken game and all of the consistently lovely actions by the highest level people in the company, that the ELE is coming in the form of a golf-swing meter and two fairly innocuous words that came from Chris's doughy jowls.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CIG, it's not too late to turn the crowd. Just make the swinging mechanic exclusive to the top 1%. The Million Mile High Golf Club.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why do so many idiots think Erin is hot stuff

He's poo poo

Because the point of comparison is his brother — just being ever so slightly capable suddenly looks like an epic feat from that perspective.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pease Porridge Hot posted:

Everyone who is trying to own Marching Powder should probably go find a different thread to post in for a while.

Also, Marching Powder should probably go find a different thread to post in for a while.

Yes please do this.

The thread eating its own is the natural cycle, but this one is just a bit lamer for some reason.

Maybe it's because I can't English what Marching Powder is trying to say, but for some reason people are getting riled up.

Don't get riled, thread friends. :)

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Yes please do this.

The thread eating its own is the natural cycle, but this one is just a bit lamer for some reason.

Maybe it's because I can't English what Marching Powder is trying to say, but for some reason people are getting riled up.

Don't get riled, thread friends. :)

:argh:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CrazyTolradi posted:

So the narrative now is that the game is crap because only Chris can make the perfect best BDSSE ever and relying on other staff can only make it flawed and imperfect?

The man is the perfect person. Only his golden fingers can code Star Citizen.

*video of Chris having that technical support guy get the game going for him*

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Don't be fooled by the infighting side!

Unless you really want to. Then have at it! :)

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Can someone explain to me why Croberts uses the term MVP at all, and why this is seen as a good thing?

Minimum viable product. Minimum. Why would I loudly proclaim that I will give you the least that I can get away with?

Of all the weird things about SC this one is the strangest to me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Spermanent Record posted:

Can someone explain to me why Croberts uses the term MVP at all, and why this is seen as a good thing?

Minimum viable product. Minimum. Why would I loudly proclaim that I will give you the least that I can get away with?

because idiots believe that 'minimum' includes everything that they consider important but leaving out the things they don't. this thought process is the same and true for 500k different people with different social problems. it is soon going to become a massive loving deal.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Spermanent Record posted:

Because he's not good with regular words so everything has to be made to sound special, even when the actual meaning of the special term would sensibly interpreted completely differently from what he intends.

Compare “refactoring” (meaning, not actual refactoring, but trashing work and starting over), or “never been done before” (meaning, he wasn't the one doing it when it was all the rage, 10 or 20 years ago), or “unique” (meaning, it's been done, but found to be a bad idea so no-one does it that way any more).

MVP is just another term he's latched on to because it lets him say that they won't deliver the game they sold, but without saying that they won't deliver the game they've sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

The Titanic posted:

The man is the perfect person. Only his golden fingers can code Star Citizen.

*video of Chris having that technical support guy get the game going for him*

"Is Dennis here??"

Interestingly, Dennis was also the guy who rebooted the car carrying Lesnick et. al.
https://twitter.com/ballroom_blitz/status/781975936992325632

Uncharacteristic competence.

• Locked thread