Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Goddamn it. In two 10k eggs, a Kabuto (not my first), and just now, a goddamn Eevee. :rolldice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Some jerks knocked down my L10 gym. Kicked them out and built a L10 castle for my magikarp

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

On one hand I got 16 shellder in a 40 minute run that included a 10-minute ordeal catching a dragonite

On the other hand the game crashed while hatching a 10k egg, so I got nothing >:|

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I doubt that's the case. This game is server-sided as gently caress. I've opened up my eggs interface and seen that I have already hatched one that I don't end up getting the notification or animation for for another five minutes. Sort by recent and check your journal again, you probably just got a bullshit pinsir or another eevee.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I got another loving Eevee out of a 10k egg.

gently caress this gay earth/game

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I'm on my third onix lol, after 2 pinsir at least one eevee and a scyther

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I hate 10km Eevee hatches, but at least the extra candy gets used powering up my small army of *eons.

gently caress this gay earth/game for giving me another 10km Jynx. I have 435 loving Jynx candies because they spawn absolutely everywhere round here.

Now if they made candies type-specific, instead of pokemon-specifc, I could use them to power up other Ice or Psychic mons. I would be a happy trainer then.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Eikre posted:

I doubt that's the case. This game is server-sided as gently caress. I've opened up my eggs interface and seen that I have already hatched one that I don't end up getting the notification or animation for for another five minutes. Sort by recent and check your journal again, you probably just got a bullshit pinsir or another eevee.

exact opposite for me, stuff can definitely disappear. it just varies based on (who knows) i hatched 3 5k eggs simultaneously last week, the game crashed after "Oh?" and I got nothing from it, so it does happen.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Your hand is just shaking from nerves.

Post timestamped journals and screens with fewer than 9 eggs or you will be doubted :shrug:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Weird thing while taking Gyms today. Twice I went up against a 1600 Eggsecutor with my 1900 Flareon. Both times the Flareon loaded up and immediately was one shot and died. Rest of the gym fight went normally.

Another strange thing was while I was battling a gym with one of my kids. When I jumped in the defending Pokemon was already at half life. Does battling with others literally 2v1? I didn't know that was a thing.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Yeah I think it's a thing if you jump into a battle in progress, you get caught up on some amount of damage you missed. If you're ganging up on a gym, you can usually see the other pokémon across from you in the battle animation

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

2300 Dragonite fled on me second ball, a raspberried excellent ultra ball. THE PAIN. My highest mon at present is a 1700 Snorlax.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I think I saw the same post on Reddit

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I hatched my 8 10k eggs in a row:

Scyther
Electrabuzz
Snorlax
Dratini
Kabuto
Jynx
Hitmonlee
Omanyte

I'm happy with those except for scyther and electrabuzz of which I've got a ton of. As long as I'm not hatching onix and eevees I can't really complain.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I would just be happy with any 10k eggs at all. I think I've gotten about 8 total.

So drat many 2k eggs though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm happy w/ 10 or 2. I have had 95% 5k eggs. It's a joke.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Caught my first turtle today

Also saw a dog in a raincoat

Thanks beach

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm happy w/ 10 or 2. I have had 95% 5k eggs. It's a joke.

And they're never Lickitungs or Exeggutes, always Ekans.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I've had my top 'Mon, a 1200-ish Vaporeon called Evian, survive in a gym for over 42 hours now, what is this :psyduck:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

omnibobb posted:

any water one is "Squirtle"

Colonel Squish posted:

Is it always completely impossible to see your battles won number? :smith:

How does it determine the "battles won" count anyway? How is a victory attributed to that pokemon and is it from attacking, training, or defending the gym?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I have held a pair of local gyms for a week ro so now. They are level 9 or 10 and just seem to be scaring away potential attackers mostly. The 1774 Flareon (best thing I had to put in at the time. I powered it up once so it would slot above a Snorlax) in one of them has worked its way from 3rd from top at level 10 to 3rd from bottom at level 9, but if/when it drops off I'll just throw my dragonite in there and be near the top again. :v:

E: Also, what's the limit for bubblestrat in terms of CP? I have a 53cp Krabby with bubble. It has 15HP. Is that too powerful?

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 2, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

How does it determine the "battles won" count anyway? How is a victory attributed to that pokemon and is it from attacking, training, or defending the gym?

I assume it involves someone losing their final attacker to that Pokemon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

AirRaid posted:

I have held a pair of local gyms for a week ro so now. They are level 9 or 10 and just seem to be scaring away potential attackers mostly. The 1774 Flareon (best thing I had to put in at the time. I powered it up once so it would slot above a Snorlax) in one of them has worked its way from 3rd from top at level 10 to 3rd from bottom at level 9, but if/when it drops off I'll just throw my dragonite in there and be near the top again. :v:

E: Also, what's the limit for bubblestrat in terms of CP? I have a 53cp Krabby with bubble. It has 15HP. Is that too powerful?

I think it's as much about team maintenance as it is scaring away rivals. Ideally you are top in the stack so when they decide to have it out on your gym they give up after 5 levels and then you're still top in the stack. Your own team then comes back and builds it back to 10 putting their lower level stuff in, all the while your top mon is drinking cocktails

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

AirRaid posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4z8yy2/bubble_strat_calc/

That's a calculator, try it out!

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/bubblestrat

That's just general strat.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
yay a good grass pokémon

Also caught my first Dratini evolution family member today, a mere 3 months after starting out. Weirdly enough it was a ~1100CP Dragonair. Bottom tier IVs of course.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I opened the game as I woke up way too early, but Snorlax was a block away so I had to by law hop out of my warm duvet and go get him in the freezing fog.

So cold so cold

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Aw yeah baby.

Great stats, great move set. Plus every Charmander I catch it hatch goes right into him, as he's only 1500 right now, still, a good day.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Whoops drunk and tired

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 2, 2016

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Mills posted:

2300 Dragonite fled on me second ball, a raspberried excellent ultra ball. THE PAIN. My highest mon at present is a 1700 Snorlax.

Ouch. Sorry man. I feel your pain. :(

At least you didn't waste 40 ultras on it just to have it run a way. :shrug:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

I would just be happy with any 10k eggs at all. I think I've gotten about 8 total.

So drat many 2k eggs though.

I've gotten a bunch of 5ks. I would say maybe 10% are 2ks and less than 5% are 10ks, for me. I've hatched about 840 eggs too.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Colonel Squish posted:

Caught my first turtle today

Also saw a dog in a raincoat

Thanks beach

Nice. Great catch! I have yet to see a Lapras in the wild, and I've held multiple parties at a beach.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

LumpyGumby posted:

Aw yeah baby.

Great stats, great move set. Plus every Charmander I catch it hatch goes right into him, as he's only 1500 right now, still, a good day.

My Chamander turned into Ember + Fire Blast. I'm currently working on another one. I hope I can get Wing Attack (and maybe even Dragon Claw, as it's great for "weaving").

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Dely Apple posted:

I opened the game as I woke up way too early, but Snorlax was a block away so I had to by law hop out of my warm duvet and go get him in the freezing fog.

So cold so cold

:patriot:

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I used up dozens of Ultra Balls trying to catch a 2323 power Dragonite that ended up running away.

I did catch a 100% IV Pidgey later in the day, though. I hope it gets the best moveset when I evolve it up.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Dahbadu posted:

Nice. Great catch! I have yet to see a Lapras in the wild, and I've held multiple parties at a beach.

It took three full days of beach-chilling to find. Both that I've seen appeared around 7-8pm, and it references the evening in Lapras' pokedex entry:

That's my speculation for the day.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
from my experience running a scanner lapras is totally 100% random, no correlation to water spawns or anything. If anyone has any data suggesting otherwise I'd love to see it, I've been trying to find any sort of pattern and I can't. Dragonite and Snorlax both have hotspots and certain times they spawn more frequently, but not Lapras, at least not that I can tell.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lapras spawns in the water. People don't congregate in the water so it doesn't really lend itself to hotspots.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

zeldadude posted:

from my experience running a scanner lapras is totally 100% random, no correlation to water spawns or anything. If anyone has any data suggesting otherwise I'd love to see it, I've been trying to find any sort of pattern and I can't. Dragonite and Snorlax both have hotspots and certain times they spawn more frequently, but not Lapras, at least not that I can tell.

With the proliferation of Los Angeles twitter feeds, I've noticed that Lapras and Gyarados now spawn on rivers instead of just at the beach or at a bay. Earliest I've seen Lapras spawn is around 5PM.
The idea that Dragonite will spawn anywhere Clefairy is common is holding true. This would be the foothills.
Snorlax seems to spawn everywhere.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I caught my Lapras in the late morning/early afternoon in a park which run along side a river, on the non-river side of the park. Still get water spawns on that side but not as many as the river side.

It was hours before 5pm though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There is a guy near me who tracks/tweets a certain location. It's a marina and Lapras seems to show up about 3 times every 2 days. Random times.

• Locked thread