Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The Volvo is real neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
nice.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I loaded up Forza Apex with my CSWv2 and it works pretty decent. It seems like they really do just add in support for each wheel because you can't set a bunch of controls like an H pattern shifter, it's hard coded in. It was kind of fun but I'm still disappointed by several things. How transmissions work is my biggest peeve. This isn't Forza 2, how a transmission shifts isn't a difficulty setting, it's how each car shifts. That they are still inducing artificial delays in changing gears based on what setting you have set in 2016 is disappointing. Hopefully they get things sorted for Forza 7.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I just got Horizon 3 and, uh, is it normal for car designs to take 10 minutes (and counting) to download?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
After all that RWD drift talk I figured I should at least try to slide a Civic around...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlxfqihKfd4

...reminds me of back when I was doing deliveries in the snow with my $200 Dodge Neon.

Also this:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So, what is the goon club in Forza Horizon 3?

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 2, 2016

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

So after the first day of not starting up I tried playing the next day and it worked like nothing was wrong. Now out of the blue it's having the same issue. There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can see.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Man I want more widebody kits to drive around in while I listen to my trashy edm

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Schlesische posted:

So, what is the goon club in Forza Horizon 3?

GRRC

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Graphics drivers crashed twice in the span of 10 minutes, taking down FH3 and requiring a reboot both times. Managed about 45 really fun minutes of gameplay before the first crash at least.

Never buy AMD products. Guess I need to buy a new GPU...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Won't find it without the brackets :bang:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

In case anyone was wondering, if you accidentally start the "all the way around the map" race in a Polaris RZR, it takes exactly 19 minutes to finish 1 lap.

Also it's pretty fun/funny.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cubey posted:

lol you still don't get it :allears:

You're right, I will never get it because it's stupid and literally no one cares but you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

You're right, I will never get it because it's stupid and literally no one cares but you.

i think the fact that you are bringing this back up after everyone else in the thread moved on to talking about other poo poo shows that you care a great deal. much like your hilariously hyperbolic post about dizzle saying the mr2 has modeling inaccuracies showed that you care about that far more than he does.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

'i really don't care about this thing and i am going to post over and over about how much i don't care about it so that you know just how much i don't care'

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thief and (not) Keket, I think you two have finally opened my eyes to drifting, at least off-road in FH.

Where I was screwing up was making steering inputs after breaking the back-end loose.

The phrase "steer with the throttle" may have been the "a-ha" moment for me. I was on dirt and gravel in a rather grippy Subaru WRX but I still held my longest drifts ever just by leaving the steering alone and playing with the throttle, e-brake, and clutch. This may well be a huge breakthrough for me and I can't wait to try it on pavement in an overpowered, specifically-geared RWD car.

I'll come back after some practice and hopefully post some results. Atmus I was where you are, trying to figure out how to use Co-op to beat driftu~ challenges or get someone to do them for me. Now I actually have hope!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cubey posted:

dizzle saying the mr2 has modeling inaccuracies showed that you care about that far more than he does.

Yea i dont know how i got roped into this, i mentioned the mr2 not being accurate as an example just now, but if someone has been mentioning it over and over he is thinking of someone else.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Dr. Faustus posted:

Thief and (not) Keket, I think you two have finally opened my eyes to drifting, at least off-road in FH.

Where I was screwing up was making steering inputs after breaking the back-end loose.

The phrase "steer with the throttle" may have been the "a-ha" moment for me. I was on dirt and gravel in a rather grippy Subaru WRX but I still held my longest drifts ever just by leaving the steering alone and playing with the throttle, e-brake, and clutch. This may well be a huge breakthrough for me and I can't wait to try it on pavement in an overpowered, specifically-geared RWD car.

I'll come back after some practice and hopefully post some results. Atmus I was where you are, trying to figure out how to use Co-op to beat driftu~ challenges or get someone to do them for me. Now I actually have hope!

Oh with gearing, you don't want to be bouncing off the limiter, try and tune it so you're in the torquest part of your power band during a corner, I'm usually in 5/6th gear during the bigger corners.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

god I loving hate this game right now...

It feels like I'm driving a brick on mars. It's both delayed and unresponsive. It also has this weird thing where its using a steering wheel inside the car that you can't see except it moves the wheel much much slower than any human can easily do in a car with power-steering so its really easy to turn back past centering and counter-steer way past straight.

What am I doing wrong ? What settings are people using with a gamepad ?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Thief posted:

btw, this happened last night:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
ooops

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I wish the game had a setting to rotate the camera together with the steering when using a wheel.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

You're safe for now, away from my PC for a few days :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Because I didn't want to do the two week free trial of Groove Music within Horizon 3, the game decided to give me a connection error message to Groove Music that will not go away.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

Cool! Once you get a feel to sliding around it is time to master the various ways to initiate the drift. Sometimes you don't even need the brakes. You can throw your momentum through or even use the raw power of your engine to push right into a slide. Sometimes you can even use the handbrake or bounce the car with your regular brakes and cause a drift while driving in an otherwise seemingly straight line. You've already figured out that clutch kicking causes wheelslip - this is how some low horsepower cars have to do irl unless they are going fast.

Keket posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I might have to climb into S class to compete I just don't know if that S should stand for "Silvia" or should I continue with comedy options...

Also, is that Torana as good as you predicted? I wonder if the reaaon it tops the leaderboard has anything to do with the stock displacement. Then again you can boost practically any car to be bigger than it'd ever have to be so maybe it has more to do with weight distribution or wheelbase? I know that instructor guy that runs the drift clan you see on the leaderboards is always in ridiculous trucks and vans. I think it obviously has more to do with skill than anything but wheelbase does seem to have a huge impact on ease of entry because smaller cars turn into dangerous rollerskates when you try to take them sideways.

Thief fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 2, 2016

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

I said come in! posted:

Because I didn't want to do the two week free trial of Groove Music within Horizon 3, the game decided to give me a connection error message to Groove Music that will not go away.

And if you like popping into the Audio options to quickly select a 'hear music more than car' setting, enjoy the playlist errors you get too! :(

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Thief posted:

I might have to climb into S class to compete I just don't know if that S should stand for "Silvia" or should I continue with comedy options...

Also, is that Torana as good as you predicted? I wonder if the reaaon it tops the leaderboard has anything to do with the stock displacement. Then again you can boost practically any car to be bigger than it'd ever have to be so maybe it has more to do with weight distribution or wheelbase? I know that instructor guy that runs the drift clan you see on the leaderboards is always in ridiculous trucks and vans. I think it obviously has more to do with skill than anything but wheelbase does seem to have a huge impact on ease of entry because smaller cars turn into dangerous rollerskates when you try to take them sideways.

Comedy options best options.

I think the reason the Holden is topping right now is it's a really light FR car you can put a v12 into with huge rear tires.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This game is loving gorgeous on ultra settings on PC.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Game is loving gorgeous in HDR on Xbox one

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Presented without comment because I feel a pissing match about to start

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

GOTTA GO FAST

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I was real excited about this car until I drove it. poo poo is uncontrollable :saddowns:

PS make a Nipples the Enchilada one next

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I made mine chrome because this game doesn't have my UFO Beetle but that's way better.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
This is my first Forza and it's cool

Though I really need to wait for a patch to keep playing it, going into the garage caps the fps at 20 and I have to restart to fix it. Also it will cap to 20 randomly for no reason.

Still, I can have a garage full of gaudy anime livery and a deadpool buggy so A++

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cubey posted:

i think the fact that you are bringing this back up after everyone else in the thread moved on to talking about other poo poo shows that you care a great deal. much like your hilariously hyperbolic post about dizzle saying the mr2 has modeling inaccuracies showed that you care about that far more than he does.

Cubey posted:

'i really don't care about this thing and i am going to post over and over about how much i don't care about it so that you know just how much i don't care'

:allears:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

for someone who strongly professes to not care, you sure don't seem to let it go.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 2, 2016

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've had the worst luck with the spins, I'm something like level 28 and have gotten exactly 3 cars in level spins (C1 Corvette, Ford Transit Racevan and the E36 Horizon Edition M3 Doriftuu Style) and about 10 times I've had single digit credit awards, so thank god for VIP status because while getting 4k sucks, getting 2k is worse (I've rolled 2k thrice.)

I also spent 300k on bought spins and ended up with 3 sub-30k cars after about 15 spins. And -300k.

Also how rare are the Horizon Edition cars? None of my friends seem to have won one yet but most of them are 20ish levels above me.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They're not exceptionally rare. You'll inevitable get some by playing the game (I'm past level 200 and have six: the Jaguar, GT-R, M4, Ford Focus, Ford GT, and the Camaro). I think there are ten total at the moment. (Still need the M3, Ford Mustang, Huracan, and the BRZ).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You can also buy Horizon Edition cars off the auction house under the Rare Cars tab. They're like 1-2 million Forzabucks which really isn't that much. I did that to get my first HE car...and then promptly won the Ford GT HE in my very next wheelspin :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I spun a BRZ HE but am honestly more tempted to just flip it for top bid/buyout and buy 30 other cars instead. The bonuses don't seem to affect leadeeboards btw :)

Still haven't seen a single HE Silvia on the market yet.

• Locked thread