Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's Chi-Chi's go to plan to get him to kiss her.

"eww Chi-Chi you eat from there! gross!"
"Goku, that means that there may be leftover bits of food in there!"
"Food, you say..."

I heard this in my head with the DBZA dubbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh Goku kisses Chi-Chi a tonne, it's just the lower lips.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chi chi does not want to kiss him in fear that he would like how she tastes and eats her.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the plot of the next arc better be the cast trying to teach goku what kissing is

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
"Think of it as training... For your tongue!

Oh no, now Goku is kissing everyone!"

Sounds about right for Super, actually.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I do hope that this turns out to be the final showdown, it's dragging a little at this point. Most of this episode kinda calorie free.

I have the feeling Goku/Vegita/Trunks are going to win this fight, even though they really have no right to. Just because it is really bad writing to have them go into the future unprepared and get their asses kicked twice in a row.

Frankly I'm a little dissapointed in Whis and Beerus attitudes. This isn't some small petty human affair, Zamasu is loving up the world of the gods. You guys should be taking a more active interest in this situation, and you're the most powerful of the bunch. Get in the drat time machine and do your job Whis!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 2, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I have the feeling Goku/Vegita/Trunks are going to win this fight, even though they really have no right to. Just because it is really bad writing to have them go into the future unprepared and get their asses kicked twice in a row.

Frankly I'm a little dissapointed in Whis and Beerus attitudes. This isn't some small petty human affair, Zamasu is loving up the world of the gods. You guys you be taking a more active interest in this situation, and you're the most powerful of the bunch. Get the the drat time machine and do your job Whis!

They already fixed the problem in their timeline though. Who cares about the lovely human-created timelines?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I get what you're saying but I think it's mostly because they break the power curve too much and it's too easily sorted when Beerus and Whis come along. Slave to the story and all that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I guess that really says as much about Chichi as it does Goku.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I don't think Goku knows how to brush his teeth either, would you want to kiss the mouth that shoves all that food down his mouth hole and will end the earth before taking a mint?

Additionally, being pure and not kissing is probably what allows him to do the instant transmission, at this point he's probably a wizard without knowing it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In another thread I made a joke about how because one anime dude put his arm around another anime lady's body in an affectionate hug, that meant in terms of Shonen that they were married with at least two kids

I did not realize this was the loving case Goku

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

remember when goku married chichi because he didn't know what marriage was and basically said "well a promise is a promise"

it was always the case with goku

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Lupus Rufus posted:

I heard this in my head with the DBZA dubbing.

Good, I am not the only one who did this

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DBZA has almost completely overwritten the actual voices for me, only Sean's Goku and the DB era stuff really remains and even BotG and RoF couldn't change it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I watched the dubbed "Super" (actually branded as Z) movies and found them pretty enjoyable, they really seemed to make the dialogue work. The DB dubs I've seen long ago were pretty awkward so that was cool.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh I've seen both and they're really well done, the voices mostly just don't stick in my mind anymore.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Kid Gohan's voice reminds me too much of Kid Goku's voice from DB - I keep expecting him to sound like he does in DBZA.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought they were the same person

also never cared for dbza so this is about equivalent to associating granny goku as the one true goku for me

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Andrast posted:

They already fixed the problem in their timeline though. Who cares about the lovely human-created timelines?

Actually they ARE in a lovely human-created timeline, Trunks' future IS the unaltered, natural timeline.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Petiso posted:

Actually they ARE in a lovely human-created timeline, Trunks' future IS the unaltered, natural timeline.

Trunks future isn't unaltered either, Trunks is in it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cell's timeline where he kills Trunks and gets in the time machine is the pure, true timeline.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rodyle posted:

Trunks future isn't unaltered either, Trunks is in it.

There aren't any unaltered timelines, but that one stays unaltered the most.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Pp

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

M.h

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

THIS! THIS is what the dbz thread is about!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

new ep spoiler/speculation i guess

so Zamasu kills his mentor, gets the super dragon balls, revives goku, switches bodies, and kills him. then he (now Goku Black) goes back in time and catches Zamasu #2 right after he kills his mentor and is like "hey look, i already did the plan, so you can make yourself immortal and we'll hang out together and get things done faster since there's two of us now" which ends up directly changing history of that timeline instead of just creating a new timeline because it's god-made time travel instead of human-made time travel i guess? so the earrings that Goku Black and Zamasu are wearing aren't two halves of the same pair, they're actually the same identical earring from different points in time?

theres so much more time travel nonsense in this saga than there ever was in the cell saga

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Momomo posted:

There aren't any unaltered timelines, but that one stays unaltered the most.

the most unaltered timeline actually probably is the Cell Wins timeline, like Army said

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

kk.i.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I'

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

K...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Someone really needs to let SereneCrimson know they have their Awful App open or something.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
No keep going this is what was envisioned when this thread was made

.mppp

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I'll.i

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Buttposting or little kid playing with Serene's phone? You decide.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I'm.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:same:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
wwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

..I'll.l.lill.l.l.luniy

• Locked thread