Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBjBXf2-hek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

This absolutely is just some poo poo off Alibaba

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

oh my gosh please stop.

Is an old kickstarter okay? Who is dating my Daughter: a teen dating website controlled by parents.

two whole dollars :patriot: solid try, Joe Scott.

At first, I assumed the idea here was "like OKCupid, but with parents/chaperones supervising site activity," which is dreadful -- but no, this is actually like Yelp if it let you review teenage boys. Can you imagine the loving comment culture this idea could have spawned?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Easy readability is so passé when it comes to dice.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

I don't even play tabletop games and this is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. I had to scroll past like 4 pages of dumb mumbo-jumbo to see what the lines meant.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Shockingly, absolutely no mention of exactly how their thing works.
Also:

quote:

While the glasses work best with our D1 computer, they are also compatible with your PC!
:laffo:

For the people who want a $400 desktop ornament.
See above.

edit: gently caress formatting.

LogicalFallacy has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Oct 1, 2016

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bvoid posted:

I don't even play tabletop games and this is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. I had to scroll past like 4 pages of dumb mumbo-jumbo to see what the lines meant.

My guess was right. :shobon:

The milling will upset the balance, though, and that makes them dumb.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Platystemon posted:

My guess was right. :shobon:

The milling will upset the balance, though, and that makes them dumb.

They said they account for that by varying the depths of the lines. They're still stupid dice.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Sorry, phone posting and skipped two pages somehow, didn't see Literally A Bird's moderation! Nevermind!

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Oct 2, 2016

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

This is going to totally achieve things.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-justice-european-union-boris-johnson-2016-9

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

It already has. Some lawyers just made $200,000.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

santanotreal posted:

It already has. Some lawyers just made $200,000.

Oh, sure, and he's probably making $30k in "salary".

The stated goal, though?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

LogicalFallacy posted:

For the people who want a $400 desktop ornament.
See above.

edit: gently caress formatting.

My favourite part is that this paperweight, which is supposed to be a showcase for a machinist's skill, is made on a computer, defeating the entire point.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

My favourite part is that this paperweight, which is supposed to be a showcase for a machinist's skill, is made on a computer, defeating the entire point.

"you just press a button right?"
:goonsay:

Like the "impossible dovetail", turner's cubes really come down more to being able to figure out how to do it. It's basically just a hole with multiple counterbores. If you want to separate the cubes, you use a boring bar to go in and undercut on each side.

You can see the little undercuts on the ones this eBay seller has. (and for only $40 instead of the $400 the kickstarter is asking)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURNERS-CUB...2AAAOSw~gRV7BPc

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Hey who wants to support a limited edition run of 250 copies of... Space Ace???

For HD-DVD???

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/space-ace-hd-dvd-game-video/x/4030677#/

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

AlmightyBob posted:

Hey who wants to support a limited edition run of 250 copies of... Space Ace???

For HD-DVD???

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/space-ace-hd-dvd-game-video/x/4030677#/

I'd pay for this entire ndiegog's goal if I had a spare $3000 because the idea of printing new HD-DVDs this year is just too hillarious

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Well, at least the proper development was already done, so may as well release the thing. But why not just make it a digital release, instead of releasing it on an obsolete format?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

guess who's back, back again

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

laserghost posted:

Well, at least the proper development was already done, so may as well release the thing. But why not just make it a digital release, instead of releasing it on an obsolete format?

They'd need to release something that implements an emulation of the HD-DVD interactive content format in order for a digital release to happen. It's not like Blu-Ray interactive content where it's a subset of Java and thus relatively easy to port over, it's a weird setup of things based on but not directly compatible with ECMAscript.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

laserghost posted:

But this is HD‐DVD, not LASER Disc. :confused:

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Oct 4, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume they're lying about Kickstarter letting them back in seeing as it is starting over from the beginning.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

spooky like this! posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume they're lying about Kickstarter letting them back in seeing as it is starting over from the beginning.

I have a feeling they already bought them from alibaba and are trying to unload them

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Anyone who can explain what went before for those who missed the first Kickstarter?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

moerketid posted:

Anyone who can explain what went before for those who missed the first Kickstarter?

They're just selling a product that already exists.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

They're just selling a product that already exists.

That they didn't make right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Autechresaint posted:

That they didn't make right?

http://www.mugoonghwa.com/html/view.asp?form_goods_scd=CE2DA0FE400000029563

That's the Korean seller which uses exactly the same images. It certainly doesn't look like you're supposed to be pre-ordering something.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Spaceballs: the Merchandising! How about Kickstarting a Video Game, and a Trading Card Game, and Action Figures, and Comics!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers

It's like someone thought they could make Skylanders or Disney Infinity more exploitative.

My favorite thing I'd like to point out is that if you poke at their account it says: "First created | 11 backed"

And all 11 were probably baked for a dollar or something right before the project launched, because only two of them have ended at the time of me typing this.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Baron Snow posted:

Spaceballs: the Merchandising! How about Kickstarting a Video Game, and a Trading Card Game, and Action Figures, and Comics!

It's like someone thought they could make Skylanders or Disney Infinity more exploitative.

My favorite thing I'd like to point out is that if you poke at their account it says: "First created | 11 backed"

And all 11 were probably baked for a dollar or something right before the project launched, because only two of them have ended at the time of me typing this.

They're just trying to pander to as many nerds as possible. Also:

Hmmmmmmm

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

laserghost posted:

It's already on Blu-Ray and you can play the game on Steam. It being on HD DVD is a novelty.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

I like how they are asking for KS fund but have a god drat APC in their parking lot

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

working mom posted:

I like how they are asking for KS fund but have a god drat APC in their parking lot

It's working, too, not a static display. They make a mention of using it to crush cars in last reward tier. Surplus M113s supposedly sell for $100,000 and, being military vehicles, the upkeep to keep them working is expensive.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In continuing Soylent hilarity, they introduced a solid food version called Food Bar and it is making people puke.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Baron Snow posted:

Who can say no to "7" collector quality digital action figures that deliver 2-way physical / digital entertainment." I would hate to settle for a wide-distribution quality digital action figure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I saw an ad for this on a bus in San Francisco this week and laughed to myself.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
They just need to bulk it up with some human meat.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It makes me sad that awesome Repo Man generic packaging is being wasted like that.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Marvel. Harry Potter. Starwars. Final Fantasy. DC. Warcraft. League of Legends. Imagine A Billion More Brands.

What do these all have in common? They're successful! Our Epic Universe takes inspiration from all these things, so by association should be hella successful too!

We've already got plans for a Hearthstonedigital card game, comics, novels, movies, animated TV shows (both about life in-universe and about kids with crazy hairdos playing the card game), documentaries, merchandise, and anything you could imagine!

Give us money, and we'll give you... TEMPLE WARS e:™.

Zanzibar Ham has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Oct 10, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Marvel. Harry Potter. Starwars. Final Fantasy. DC. Warcraft. League of Legends. Imagine A Billion More Brands.

What do these all have in common? They're successful! Our Epic Universe takes inspiration from all these things, so by association should be hella successful too!

We've already got plans for a Hearthstonedigital card game, comics, novels, movies, animated TV shows (both about life in-universe and about kids with crazy hairdos playing the card game), documentaries, merchandise, and anything you could imagine!

Give us money, and we'll give you... TEMPLE WARS e:™.

I got this mixed up with Lightseekers until I clicked on the link; this poo poo is getting a little out of hand.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those people don't seem to understand that a lot of those franchises grew from just being popular at one thing. Multimedia (or Transmedia as I guess it is called now) ventures never really work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Those people don't seem to understand that a lot of those franchises grew from just being popular at one thing. Multimedia (or Transmedia as I guess it is called now) ventures never really work out.

Yeah for instance when Mighty Number 9 tried to do this, it just soured a lot of people on it by making it far more obvious how much of a cynical cash-in it was.