Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
We had like 80 big blocks alone last year. Usually total car count for ESW is ~220 or so, across the divisions.

As far as enduros? In 1990 they had a 200 lapper, open to everything up to and including full on street stocks. Mostly all purpose built enduro cars, but some guys used their proper race cars. They started the cars 4 wide, and had cars still in the pits when the green dropped. Over 200 cars, 200 laps, it took loving hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ryan Reed to attempt Talladega, Lilly-sponsored #99 for Roush.

Good looking car. Will post when I get to a computer.

e- https://twitter.com/roushfenway/status/781191933284810753

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 29, 2016

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Must be nice to have a local with a high car count, mine only has like a dozen street stocks, a bunch of mods but also THREE different classes that split them up to hell, and literally three (3) late models. Only get good counts for high purse modified races or when the SUPRS come to town.

Of course it's been closed for over a month thanks to the flooding in LA and might not ever reopen...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
We get that many just for the big, end of the year race at the end of October.

They still get 30ish big blocks a week, and dozens of sportsman and street stocks. Plus they occasionally run the 358 mods, 305 and 360 winged sprints and AMA flat trackers. OCFS is a fine lil track.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

There's one out on the north shore by New Orleans that tends to have better counts and higher crowds but still struggles to stay open for some reason. The city BRR is in got hammered in the flooding - owners house flooded, a maintenance worker died, most of the drivers lost everything - so I'd be surprised if it managed to make a comeback.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
that's a shame, you never want to see tracks close considering how hard it is to build one today

OCFS flooded a few years ago when we got some hurricanes pre-Sandy, 2007 IIRC

Fonda got it, too

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

VikingSkull posted:

We get that many just for the big, end of the year race at the end of October.

They still get 30ish big blocks a week, and dozens of sportsman and street stocks. Plus they occasionally run the 358 mods, 305 and 360 winged sprints and AMA flat trackers. OCFS is a fine lil track.

Yeah that's the average car count for the normal races here...we'll see in like 6 weeks what the end of year nationals bring out.

For regular series, usually get 8-10 factory stocks, 12-15 street, and 25-30 modifieds. But those nights are usually a cluster gently caress, so we don't go often. Just 410s and destruction nights.

I really, really want to come up to your area some day and watch the big blocks and 410s on a big track. Don't you guys have 3/4 and full mile dirt?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Mods at new Hampshire on nbcsn

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Thanks for the heads up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The picture I posted up thread of the hole in a sign, and flipped over car?

This is his helmet.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
fitting visor decal

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mactheknife posted:

Must be nice to have a local with a high car count, mine only has like a dozen street stocks, a bunch of mods but also THREE different classes that split them up to hell, and literally three (3) late models. Only get good counts for high purse modified races or when the SUPRS come to town.

Of course it's been closed for over a month thanks to the flooding in LA and might not ever reopen...

My track doesn't even have local poo poo anymore. Only godawful sprinter tours.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

My track put up all three of its races on YouTube. Definitely planning on checking out the two I didn't go to in CyTube sometime.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Peanut President posted:

My track doesn't even have local poo poo anymore. Only godawful sprinter tours.

So they only run like a few times a year at all?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
All my local tracks race are horses.

Not even the chariot type.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

theacox posted:

HOLY gently caress. 100 enduros is really a problem. I'm not sure why they would even do that. I used to go to Lake Geneva Raceway and see 50-ish on the 1/3 mile and that was really the max that I would feel comfortable with.

If it gives you any sort of perception, enduros died a horrible death here the last 15 years (or further back, not sure)and are just getting a spark of a restart. I went to one about a month ago that started 8 cars. I was one of 15 (maybe?) people in the stands. 10 of those people were family of one driver. It was $5 to get in, so whatever. They had one last weekend that I couldn't make, but I hope they had a couple more cars .

https://youtu.be/Gp3qEvgDdcg?t=1m43s

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mactheknife posted:

So they only run like a few times a year at all?

They have 12 races this year between April and October. Most of them are a sprint car series that runs between the same 3 tracks over and over.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
I'm lucky, my regular track averages around 30 compacts, 25 hobby stocks, 40 sportmods, 25 IMCA mods, and 30 sprints. And they manage to keep the show moving and done by 10-10:30 most nights. Plenty of other tracks struggling with car and fan count in the area though.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Time 4 rain

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Oh my hot gently caress the merch booths just off-track at Dover have so much awesome old poo poo, I am barely holding back from spending shitloads of money

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Oh my hot gently caress the merch booths just off-track at Dover have so much awesome old poo poo, I am barely holding back from spending shitloads of money

find and buy all the casey atwood merchandise and mail it to me tia

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
SRA, please do not wreck Stewart Friesen tonight

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Oh hey we found the bushwhacker fix. Just do a double header on the same day.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Another truck race, OH LOOK I STILL DON'T HAVE A SPINSTER GOONIVERSE HAT

Stop trying to get in touch with the WWE and release some hats, fucker.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BMB5150 posted:

Oh hey we found the bushwhacker fix. Just do a double header on the same day.

I think they did this in 2010 at Talladega and like Keselowski won because McMurray got dumped coming off four to the checkered, sending Dennis Setzer into the catch fence.

...and that was the NXS race.

e- Never mind, I just saw what you're talking about with Herring in the 18, Smith in the 2, Blaney in the 22, etc.. Sponsor obligations, "Winning for the guys at the shop", "star power in NXS" goes away when the Chase is on the line. I like it.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Daytona Flea and Farmers Market, 500 or 400 weekend. The gypsies outside the buildings on the South side of the market. You're welcome. :hfive:

I dropped $3 a Bobby Hillin 1:24th diecast because it was the USAir car from 1995 and I am an avgeek.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 1, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I bought six diecasts today and I'm heading down a very dark and dangerous path

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I bought six diecasts today and I'm heading down a very dark and dangerous path

You know you can't post in this thread without telling us which diecasts. :colbert:

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Spartan Generator starts p5 for the truck race tonight. Get it on!

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Get in IRC, assbagels. Gret won't talk to me.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

You know you can't post in this thread without telling us which diecasts. :colbert:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

drat it I want that Gordon one.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I cannot find one bad selection out of the buy. :golfclap:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm racking my brain trying to come up with some funny quip about the 18 only being fast in Atlanta but I got nothing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Huge hit by Marks just now after he turned down across Suarez.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I have no idea why but I really really loved the Tabasco paint scheme

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Quantrill posted:

I have no idea why but I really really loved the Tabasco paint scheme

That is the exact same thought process I had when I bought it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is it, the most overwrought god bless America ever

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What the gently caress is a Citizen Soldier

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Does this suck as much as the rundown seems like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Does this suck as much as the rundown seems like?

I've only seen 88 laps, but I think Jimmie's penalty has pretty much sealed this for the 78.

• Locked thread