Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THC posted:

i flew in a 787 first time a couple months ago, it was amazing a+ very smooth quiet ride, beautiful aircraft. then for the second leg of the journey it was an old janky broke down A320 and I thought it was going to fall apart during take-off, the cabin was bumping and twisting and shaking and creaking. it was night and day

thats my 787 story

sounds like my 787 story. the bidets really spoil you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

im glad they admit battery bloat is a feature now

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"the iPhone"? that's unacceptably off brand

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

i think there was some oblique PR statement from apple like eleventy years ago that said it was not "an iPhone" but just "iPhone"

bad: "I bought a iPhone"
good: "I bought iPhone"

or some poo poo like that, and people have made a lot of fun of it for a long time since then

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
I posted something about the iPhone in the anroid thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

i think there was some oblique PR statement from apple like eleventy years ago that said it was not "an iPhone" but just "iPhone"

bad: "I bought a iPhone"
good: "I bought iPhone"

or some poo poo like that, and people have made a lot of fun of it for a long time since then

coz it is fuckin retarded and overwhelmingly deserving of ridicule

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Come iphone, it's time to go for a walk

ufarn
May 30, 2009
great day to answer support tickets from family members whose devices were upgraded to ios 10 overnight

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Millstone posted:

Come iphone, it's time to go for walk

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ufarn posted:

great day to answer support tickets from family members whose devices were upgraded to ios 10 overnight

It
Just
Works

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Millstone posted:

Come iphone, it's time to go for a walk

hey siri unlock front door

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 2, 2016

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

hey siri....... unlock the back door :smugmrgw:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ufarn posted:

my dad forgot his iCloud password. somehow it's not even the same one I wrote down when we set it up for him the last time he forgot it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

The Management posted:

my dad forgot his iCloud password. somehow it's not even the same one I wrote down when we set it up for him the last time he forgot it.
oh yeah, i had someone in the same situation

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
the iphone is cool because it likes to badger the gently caress out of you about icloud and your wireless backups.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
my mom's icloud account's almost run out of space, so i've got that to look forward to as well

those 5gb are like three minutes of 4k footage right

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ufarn posted:

my mom's icloud account's almost run out of space, so i've got that to look forward to as well

report back on the "video recorded while i thought i was taking a picture" status

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ufarn posted:

be a good son and pay for her 50gb a month

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Athletic Footjob posted:

be a good son and pay for her 50gb a month
i offered to set it up, but she didn't want it

i'm sure she'll come around

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i go a 7 a week and a half ago on IUP but returned it a few days back because the hiss was a real thing and loving annoying. phone cpus should not make noise. not sure if it's worth it to try and get another or just wait.

that said the new home button was extremely good and ios 10 was far more responsive than on my 6 which i'm using again for now. i didn't try to use the missing headphone jack so it wasn't made into an issue. thats my story for now, hope u liked it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

iPhone
In general references, don’t use an article with iPhone. When referring to the user’s particular iPhone, it’s OK to use your. The capacity can be listed before or after the name.

quote:

iPhone supports the most popular email standards—IMAP and POP3.

quote:

If you experience problems with your iPhone...

quote:

iPhone 5 (16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB) features a 4-inch Retina display.

quote:

The 16 GB iPhone 5 features an 8-megapixel camera.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

iPod
In general references, don’t use an article with iPod. When referring to the user’s particular iPod, it’s OK to use your. The capacity and generation can be listed before or after the name:

quote:

64 GB iPod touch, iPod nano (16 GB), fourth-generation iPod touch, iPod shuffle (3rd generation or later).

Use the numeral when the generation comes after the model name. Don’t shorten generation to gen or G; for example, fifth-gen iPod or iPod 5G.

quote:

The sixth-generation iPod nano features a Multi-Touch display.

quote:

If you experience problems with your iPod...

Always include iPod in the name; don’t use classic, mini, nano, photo, shuffe, or touch alone. Don’t capitalize iPod names even in title-style headings: iPod touch, not iPod Touch.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

OS X
The name of the Mac OS beginning with version 10.7. Use OS X, OS X Lion, or OS X Mountain Lion (or a later version name); don’t shorten to X. Don’t include Mac in the name unless you’re referring to a version earlier than v10.7. Note the space before X. Make sure to use a nonbreaking space (Option–Space bar) to keep all of the name on the same line.

On first occurrence, use the full name of the operating system, such as OS X Mountain Lion, with or without the version number. Thereafter, it’s OK to use the version name without OS X. Don’t use quotation marks or parentheses around the version name.

When indicating a version number of OS X, use version or v closed up, without a period, following OS X. When you use both OS X and the version name and number, these forms are acceptable:

quote:

OS X Lion version 10.7.2

quote:

OS X Lion v10.7.2

It’s OK to use parentheses around the version number when you use both the version name and number, but try to be consistent within a document.

quote:

Launchpad was introduced with OS X Lion (v10.7).

Version names of the Mac OS include Cheetah (v10.0), Puma (v10.1), Jaguar (v10.2), Panther (v10.3), Tiger (v10.4), Leopard (v10.5), Snow Leopard (v10.6), Lion (v10.7), and Mountain Lion (v10.8).

When you use version numbers and names for both Mac OS X and OS X versions in one sentence, put the version name first, followed by the version number.

quote:

Update to Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8, then upgrade to OS X Lion v10.7.2.

In developer materials, don’t use version names such as Lion; use version numbers only.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

prepositions
It’s OK to end a sentence with a preposition, especially when rewriting would produce a stiff-sounding phrase.

Correct: Play a trailer you’re working on.
Correct: Select the playlist you want to add songs to.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

where is that, it looks familiar

you're right it does

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pinterest Mom posted:

OS X
The name of the Mac OS beginning with version 10.7. Use OS X, OS X Lion, or OS X Mountain Lion (or a later version name); don’t shorten to X. Don’t include Mac in the name unless you’re referring to a version earlier than v10.7. Note the space before X. Make sure to use a nonbreaking space (Option–Space bar) to keep all of the name on the same line.

On first occurrence, use the full name of the operating system, such as OS X Mountain Lion, with or without the version number. Thereafter, it’s OK to use the version name without OS X. Don’t use quotation marks or parentheses around the version name.

When indicating a version number of OS X, use version or v closed up, without a period, following OS X. When you use both OS X and the version name and number, these forms are acceptable:

It’s OK to use parentheses around the version number when you use both the version name and number, but try to be consistent within a document.

Version names of the Mac OS include Cheetah (v10.0), Puma (v10.1), Jaguar (v10.2), Panther (v10.3), Tiger (v10.4), Leopard (v10.5), Snow Leopard (v10.6), Lion (v10.7), and Mountain Lion (v10.8).

When you use version numbers and names for both Mac OS X and OS X versions in one sentence, put the version name first, followed by the version number.

In developer materials, don’t use version names such as Lion; use version numbers only.

I think you're trying to say macOS

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

HEH

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
what do the colours and battery sizes represent

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol those phones all have a battery 50% bigger than the 7

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Did they choose 3G because the results are different with LTE?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Athletic Footjob posted:

what do the colours and battery sizes represent

The numbers are lower for the iphone so obviously that's the best. Also red is typically a color that indicates good things so boom, flawless apple victory again. Those small glyphs to the left of each row and probably meaningless so don't look at them.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol those phones all have a battery 50% bigger than the 7

Yeah no one cares about a thinner phone anymore so most manufacturers delivered what the customer wanted

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yes, it turns out when operating with the screen and wifi off and not running any apps and the only thing powered on being the low power legacy baseband and audio codecs, the phone with the 2x larger battery lasts twice as long, regardless of the OS.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

"a bigger battery? lol ok dummy :smug:"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
guys, we've invented a battery test and it conclusively proves that bigger batteries store more energy than smaller batteries.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im very disappointed that htc would cheat like that and not compare itself against the similarly-sized 7 plus. i cant support an unethical company. as tough as it will be ill never buy an htc phone again

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol a bunch of folks i know that were dumb enough to upgrade to ios 9 just got force-upgraded to ios 10 and they're pissed as hell and rightly so

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

maniacdevnull posted:

Yeah no one cares about a thinner phone anymore so most manufacturers delivered what the customer wanted

but none of those phones use only free, libre, and open source software???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Be nice to have an iOS 9 update that adds the new emoji, the backwards compatibility thing isn't really working for things like 💁💁‍♂️

• Locked thread