Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Casimir Radon posted:

Ken is a Mormon, let that sink in.

Getting burned by a Mormon has got to be pretty rough. drat.

Apologies if this has been posted: Tim Kaine facts :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Casimir Radon posted:

I think it's pretty much in name only. He's openly for gay marriage and other progressive stuff.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
Just sit for a moment and envision what a Trump "Concession" speech will look like. :fap:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Crow Jane posted:

Tim Kaine: the best dad, the Ur-dad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

GetWellGamers posted:

Just sit for a moment and envision what a Trump "Concession" speech will look like. :fap:

He's not going to give one. His team will release some 10 word statement without him knowing and that'll be it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I need a TV show about Tim Kaine facts called Tim Kaine: Dadliest Catch

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's not going to give one. His team will release some 10 word statement without him knowing and that'll be it.

It's gonna be a concession twitter meltdown.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Tim Kaine: the best dad, the Ur-dad.

The VP debate is going to be Ur-dad vs. Creepy Uncle

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Magres posted:

I need a TV show about Tim Kaine facts called Tim Kaine: Dadliest Catch

Wait, are you suggesting that Mr. Kaine may in fact be an octopus in disguise and not a real human?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

GetWellGamers posted:

He wont concede

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

GetWellGamers posted:

"Mike Pence was a terrible running mate! I never wanted to be president anyway."

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Dexo posted:

Early Dilbert was pretty good. Especially as someone who's worked in IT my entire life. It eventually like most good things flanderized itself.

I'm so glad Bill Watterson retired instead of dragging Calvin & Hobbes kicking and screaming into irrelevance.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ron Jeremy posted:

Don't stop, I'm almost there

Imagine Paul Ryan as not only does the white house slip from his grasp, but the Senate as well.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Litany Unheard posted:

I'm so glad Bill Watterson retired instead of dragging Calvin & Hobbes kicking and screaming into irrelevance.

Too bad every one else did it for him :smith:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

GetWellGamers posted:

He'll delete his twitter account and make a new one.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

GetWellGamers posted:

the only thing that'll matter is dana milbank dryly narrating the trump election rally as state returns come in

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I want a journalist, any journalist, to ask Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani why, if the tax return leak is so wonderful for Donald Trump and proves how smart he is, then why he doesn't release the rest of his tax returns.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

He'll delete his twitter account and make a new one.

@RealPresidentTrump

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

You can be Christian without being awful.

Besides, American dollars exchange nicely on Kolob.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Trump will take that property he just bought down the street from the White House and renovate into the Trump White House and pretend he's the president and hold court there with all his cronies making up a fake cabinet, while he pursues aggressive litigation trying to prove the election was stolen.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dexo posted:

Early Dilbert was pretty good. Especially as someone who's worked in IT my entire life. It eventually like most good things flanderized itself.
There used to be a site claiming that Dilbert was commie propaganda.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Radish posted:

Back in the 90s Dilbert was personified as a nice dude that often didn't get interpersonal interaction and was annoyed by people that were sincerely stupid like the boss or whoever but suffered through it occasionally making a sarcastic comment. It was making fun of nerdy engineer types as well as "dumb coworkers" that other office workers felt they were dealing with. I read some lately since I haven't in decades and he's really just gone down the hole of being a STEMlord rear end in a top hat to everyone and the boss seems like a normal dude putting up with his poo poo. I'm not sure what that means considering Adams is pretty much kissing as much business leader rear end as he possibly can on twitter but the strip is garbage now.

It used to be more about how organizations made everyone miserable.

It didn't matter if you were average, competent or a lazy slacker. Everyone was equally miserable and non productive.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Crow Jane posted:

:laffo: at the last one.

I definitely feel like Joe will have a worthy successor.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The mormons Ive known have been excellent at compartmentalizing the crazy party of their religion. Decennt people outside of Sundays.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

lozzle posted:

In case you didn't already think Mike Pence was a scumbag, he is refusing to pardon a wrongfully convicted man out of respect for the "judicial process."

Just in time for the debate, too.

Oh my Tim Kaine please for the love of God bring this up (repeatedly) at the debate. :pray:

im gay posted:

I thought Assange was a good dude... did he go crazy sitting in the embassy?

No, he's always been this way. It was just laid bare with his fleeing accusations of rape followed by his consistent defense of all things Putin.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

please tell me this is true

He believes he's brilliant, like Dogbert or the garbage man who is equally omniscient. In reality he's Dilbert's manager, complete with saying and doing things that he thinks is right or smart while everyone else just sees him as a giant moron who got where they are by luck.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

and in the case of jennings, not be a christian and be okay

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Crow Jane posted:

Reading these Tim Kaine facts really makes me feel useless.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Casimir Radon posted:

I prefer the company of progressive Christians over most non-believers, personally.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

skylined! posted:

Reading these Tim Kaine facts really makes me feel useless.

Tim Kaine wouldn't want to hear you talking about yourself that way, mister/missy

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

So Trump can sue the NYT for violating federal tax disclosure laws.

Obviously, if this bankrupts the NYTs or their editors, they totally deserve it if the lawsuit is legal.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Trabisnikof posted:

So Trump can sue the NYT for violating federal tax disclosure laws.

Obviously, if this bankrupts the NYTs or their editors, they totally deserve it if the lawsuit is legal.

The NYT is praying to God that Trump is stupid enough to sue them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The NYT is praying to God that Trump is stupid enough to sue them.

As a complete law pleb, can someone walk me through the most likely events/cases mentioned if Trump were to sue the NYT?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I remember one well before that (not sure off hand which one) where he had an overlong, out of nowhere final chapter about that weird/hilarious theory that gravity is actually just everything int he universe doubling in size every second.

Edit: Nevermind I think that was also The Dilbert Future.

It was. In fairness, it was a thought experiment about how a fact we take for granted could turn out to be wrong.

But the point of a thought experiment is to think about it, and ten minutes of thinking about it lead me to the conclusion that Adams doesn't understand simple ideas like the difference between volume, weight, and mass; the fact that Earth's atmosphere is composed of matter; or what an orbit is.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trump might have a case against whoever leaked the returns, but pretty sure the NYTimes would have countless court cases on their side saying that once information has already been leaked journalists have free speech on their side.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

As a complete law pleb, can someone walk me through the most likely events/cases mentioned if Trump were to sue the NYT?

Who knows, but this is part of the legal code criminalizing what the NYTs did:

quote:

It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

Seems like the only reason this won't get investigated by law enforcement is pro-Clinton bias.

Augus posted:

Trump might have a case against whoever leaked the returns, but pretty sure the NYTimes would have countless court cases on their side saying that once information has already been leaked journalists have free speech on their side.

The law is clear, printing or publishing a tax return that was given to you in an unauthorized manner is a felony.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/what-sort-of-man-is-donald-trump

It is from January, but:

quote:

Even when it comes to a sick baby in his family, Donald Trump is all business. The megabuilder and his siblings Robert and Maryanne terminated their nephew’s family medical coverage a week after he challenged the will of their father, Fred Trump. “This was so shocking, so disappointing and so vindictive,” said niece Lisa Trump, whose son, William, was born 18 months ago at Mount Sinai Medical Center with a rare neurological disorder that produces violent seizures, brain damage and medical bills topping $300,000.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

Who knows, but this is part of the legal code criminalizing what the NYTs did:

Seems like the only reason this won't get investigated by law enforcement is pro-Clinton bias.

The law is clear, printing or publishing a tax return that was given to you in an unauthorized manner is a felony.
The Times fought the federal government in court for the right to publish classified documents and won.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Times fought the federal government in court for the right to publish classified documents and won.

And Gawker might win the court case to publish Hulk's dick, doesn't undo the bankruptcy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, public policy trolling weighed in:
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/782396535065702400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

And Gawker might win the court case to publish Hulk's dick, doesn't undo the bankruptcy.

Right because there's no difference in terms of financial resources and reputability (which affects judicial decisions) between Gawker and the New York Times.

• Locked thread