Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

FluffieDuckula posted:

also someone suggested i goldmine a thread and i didn't bc i wanted gom to have time to see it and now i've lost it. so karma i guess. i think it was alnilam - what thread was that?

It was probably simple English romance novels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Good dog. Gotta pick up those toys, someone could trip.

alnilam

FluffieDuckula posted:

also someone suggested i goldmine a thread and i didn't bc i wanted gom to have time to see it and now i've lost it. so karma i guess. i think it was alnilam - what thread was that?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791470&pagenumber=5&perpage=40

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm sorry OP but if you want people to play along in this forum you have to explain the premise in the title or get a whole lot of people to emptyquote the first post

I've noticed this and I don't know if there's a way around it; the ones that really get to me are where the thread title is ironic and the OP should make that clear. Like I hate to "ruin" whatever little "joke" there may be, but the joke of the "things that look like dicks" thread is that the things I'm posting don't look like dicks, which should be an invitation 1) to imagine a narrator who is so obsessed with dicks that they think things that look nothing like dicks look like dicks*, 2) to joke about hosed up looking dicks that look like, I dont know, headphones, or a copy of the Constitution, or Kanye West's left earlobe.

On a similar note: the point of this thread was that the street names aren't wacky at all. They're the most commonplace names you can imagine, and the writer has to stretch in order to make them seem wacky.

I mean it's whatever. They're just threads and part of the fun is that they sometimes end up real far from where they started. Ace of Baes deals with it by making a ton of posts right off the bat so you can't really miss the premise I guess.

*like that old joke about the guy who goes to the psychiatrist and the psychiatrist shows him Rorschach inkblots. "What does this one remind you of?" "Sex" "What does this one remind you of?" "Sex" "How about this one?" "Sex." "Ok Mr. Thompson, I think I can see your problem: you're obsessed with sex." "ME? Obsessed with sex? You're the one showing me all the dirty pictures!"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

social vegan

gat dern house clearning

FluffieDuckie

:tipshat:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Salmiakki

misty mountaintop posted:

I've noticed this and I don't know if there's a way around it; the ones that really get to me are where the thread title is ironic and the OP should make that clear. Like I hate to "ruin" whatever little "joke" there may be, but the joke of the "things that look like dicks" thread is that the things I'm posting don't look like dicks, which should be an invitation 1) to imagine a narrator who is so obsessed with dicks that they think things that look nothing like dicks look like dicks*, 2) to joke about hosed up looking dicks that look like, I dont know, headphones, or a copy of the Constitution, or Kanye West's left earlobe.

On a similar note: the point of this thread was that the street names aren't wacky at all. They're the most commonplace names you can imagine, and the writer has to stretch in order to make them seem wacky.

I mean it's whatever. They're just threads and part of the fun is that they sometimes end up real far from where they started. Ace of Baes deals with it by making a ton of posts right off the bat so you can't really miss the premise I guess.

*like that old joke about the guy who goes to the psychiatrist and the psychiatrist shows him Rorschach inkblots. "What does this one remind you of?" "Sex" "What does this one remind you of?" "Sex" "How about this one?" "Sex." "Ok Mr. Thompson, I think I can see your problem: you're obsessed with sex." "ME? Obsessed with sex? You're the one showing me all the dirty pictures!"

i know what you mean & i tried steppin in when i saw it gettin especially bad in the dick thread

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

FluffieDuckie

that was all good true information but after a second of looking at that post i decided he was "being that guy" which was the premise of the thread

or maybe not but that's what i decided to believe

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i often post in byob when im tired and don't go off gbs mode in time to prevent terrible posts. sorry for being oblivious

hi how are you ♥

FluffieDuckie

misty sometimes i can't see your pictures like your links are broken

in this post

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3792831&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post464887356

number 1 and 3 are broken for me, and your sig is broken

is anyone else having that problem? it's only happening for me on misty posts

Takane

by FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckula posted:

in this post

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3792831&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post464887356

Picture 1 3 and sig are broken for me as well

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Beaches are good as h*ck.

Hi BYOB I love and miss you but I am literally eating artichokes (for breakfast, a poor life decision that I will regret later but not now because they're good) again on the beach and you should all come down here. Only, don't, because that would be weird. Maybe next time.

ZYLA WE MISS YOU.

Renegret, it is okay, I would've had it out with the mom too. Kids are more than welcome to be kids wherever they like, but part of being a kid is learning how to enjoy something without making everyone else miserable. Unless you're a cannibal because that's sort of right there in the whole premise.

Salmiakki

FluffieDuckula posted:

in this post

it can happen when youre using a non image hosting site & imgur likes to act up sometimes too
its funny bc those specific images were workin fine for me a second ago but when i clicked your link they stopped workin entirely!! ive been cursed !!!

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

alnilam

hamjobs posted:

Hi BYOB I love and miss you but I am literally eating artichokes (for breakfast, a poor life decision that I will regret later but not now because they're good) again on the beach and you should all come down here. Only, don't, because that would be weird. Maybe next time.

ZYLA WE MISS YOU.

Renegret, it is okay, I would've had it out with the mom too. Kids are more than welcome to be kids wherever they like, but part of being a kid is learning how to enjoy something without making everyone else miserable. Unless you're a cannibal because that's sort of right there in the whole premise.

pretty beach where is it

alnilam

I also request that if seinenfeld doesn't pick back up again that it be gold mined ???

bean mom

hamjobs posted:

ZYLA WE MISS YOU.

you're the best!

AROUND!

----------------

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

I also request that if seinenfeld doesn't pick back up again that it be gold mined ???

see that's one of those delayed requests that fall out of duckie's head after a couple of hours

bean mom

I think I'm gonna start dating a lady again soon

but whom?

----------------

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hamjobs posted:

Plus it's a Broadway show of all things, poo poo's a lot of money and we hold a higher standard for everyone's behavior.

My parents didn't take me to my first Broadway show until I was in middle school. And even then, I sat with my super Italian Grandma who would've beat my rear end the second I opened my mouth during the show. They even made me wear a tie :argh:

(We saw Lion King, it's amazing and everyone should see it if at all possible)

(Wicked is better)

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
also artichokes are boss and it's never a bad time for them

bean mom

ive never been to broadway or been in
but I acted a lot in highschool

----------------

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zyla posted:

ive never been to broadway or been in
but I acted a lot in highschool

it's really cool and fun

plus I got discounted tickets through work

So far I've seen Wicked, Lion King, and Matilda on Broadway, Blue Man Group and Avenue Q off Broadway. Blue Man Group was hysterical and I've never laughed harder in my life.

I'm cheap though so I'll wait a few years for Book of Mormon and Hamilton tickets to become more affordable.

Ace of Baes
Can a mod/admin move this to BYOB?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792358

FluffieDuckie

i'll ask. one of the gbs mods or an admin will have to do it. i don't have thread snatching powers

Ace of Baes
감사합니다

FluffieDuckie

i'm going to assume that means "thanks duckie you're the greatest"

bean mom

duckula is the greatest

----------------

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zyla posted:

duckula is the greatest

FluffieDuckie

done! thanks Mega64 :wave:

Manifisto

I feel your pain . . .

ty nesamdoom!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

FluffieDuckula posted:

in this post

Argh. I switched out the broken ones for imgur ones.

Not sure what's going on with my sig. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe grumpybumpers has a data cap? That would be a disturbing development. If only someone would make and run a site specifically for rotating byob sigs, we could put this all behind us.

----------------

strong coffee

"This is, excuse me, a damn fine cup of coffee!"
Hello, I'm new. What are you guys all up to?

FluffieDuckie

Grey Knight posted:

hello :wave:

i'm eating jelly beans.

alnilam

Grey Knight posted:

Hello, how are you, do you have any cute hobbies or interesting pets

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I'm at the urgent care clinic because I am frail.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Munchables posted:

I'm at the urgent care clinic because I am frail.

:( That's sad. I hope you feel better soon.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Munchables? Heh, more like
SICKables amirite?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Munchables posted:

SICKables amirite?

good luck munchables

:ohdear:

Macnult

Munchables posted:

SICKables amirite?

Hope you feel better!

you look like this one guy I used to play lacrosse with way back when, surgical mask and all.
typical midfielders with their accessories :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

Grey Knight posted:

I'm eating cheese and crackers, and I just made an appointment to get my hair did next week, just in time for my weddingaversary trip to Hawaii, aw yeahhhhhh.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!