Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Angry Grimace posted:

His problem is that his build has no blockers whatsoever. I think his build is just too all-in on activating Marvel and on the synergy with Kozilek's Return.

But I don't like the Kozilek's Return at all - it requires you to play a third color, increase your land count and cut blockers to play Tormenting Hugs so you can get it in the yard. But activating Marvel for Ulamog is already independently a powerful play.

Post your list, please. I really want to start testing this out for myself, and you haven't really posted your last build minus the lootcopters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

I think if abe didn't choose a card with grapple from the past he would have had delirium and hit for exactly 11.

Yup, if he left the land.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

legoman727 posted:

Post your list, please. I really want to start testing this out for myself, and you haven't really posted your last build minus the lootcopters.

Deck: UG Aetherworks

//Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Botanical Sanctum
6 Forest
2 Geier Reach Sanitarium
6 Island

//Spells
4 Aetherworks Marvel
4 Attune with Aether
2 Confiscation Coup
4 Glassblower's Puzzleknot

//Creatures
4 Aether Theorist
4 Glint-Nest Crane
4 Servant of the Conduit
4 Thriving Turtle
4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4 Verdurous Gearhulk

//Sideboard
3 Aether Meltdown
2 Confiscation Coup
2 Dispel
3 Negate
3 Appetite for the Unnatural
2 Emrakul, the Promised End

Display deck statistics

As I've said though, I'm just a casual tryhard who likes the deck. There isn't any particular reason you should necessarily believe what I have to say.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
okay everyone was talking about aetherworks but this dude in top 8 is playing key to the city-bomat courier beatdown y'all

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mandatory lesbian posted:

okay everyone was talking about aetherworks but this dude in top 8 is playing key to the city-bomat courier beatdown y'all

Um, Bomat Courier is unplayable trash, remember? :rolleye:

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I hate it when the deck you've been play testing a bunch makes it to the finals, then you know everyone is going to be gunning for it next FNM.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I still haven't decided whether this Jim Davis video is more or less pathetic than that stupid "getting pros to cry with gotcha questions" video they had a few months ago.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Um, Bomat Courier is unplayable trash, remember? :rolleye:

Careful with that Results Oriented Thinking

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

AlternateNu posted:

I still haven't decided whether this Jim Davis video is more or less pathetic than that stupid "getting pros to cry with gotcha questions" video they had a few months ago.

I was just about to post how much that poo poo bothers me

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AlternateNu posted:

Is it just Jim Davis staring at the camera in absolute stone-faced silence for a solid minute?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

AlternateNu posted:

The funnier part was that the "nerds cry" video was them asking a question about what the Invitational means to them and then cutting to a shot of the player in question not saying anything just to make it appear as though they were choked up by the impact of the question.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Have we seen any Module decks at SCG?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
they should have reprinted temur battle rage, it would have been cool in this set or something similiar but call it road rage

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Oh man, that cryptbreaker draw a card lose a life activation while at 5 life and 4 damage coming through was embarrassing

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Cernunnos posted:

Is it just Jim Davis staring at the camera in absolute stone-faced silence for a solid minute?

How is this any different from every other time he's on camera?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

Why has Pat Sullivan been going to bat so hard for Chandra? Did it even see any camera time this weekend?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Cernunnos posted:

Make an image of him with eyes that follow your mouse pointer around and put it on his team site.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Foreskin Problems posted:

Why has Pat Sullivan been going to bat so hard for Chandra? Did it even see any camera time this weekend?

Hmm, I really have no idea why SCG would want to hype the price of particular singles.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

Yeah no poo poo, but wouldn't they attempt a semblance of subtlety?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Nah why should they.

I do think serious pros choose to write about decks other than the ones they're looking at for the pt though. Being studiously ignored is a sign the card is either genuinely bad or secretly good, for example Emrakul last season.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I mean I'm a sucker for Chandra the Mind Sculptor because I like Chandra as a whole but yeah SCG doesn't need to be subtle about wanting you to buy their overly expensive cards.

Especially since you can get Torch of Defiance for half as much on tcgplayer.

Edit: for gently caress sake scg put the lists up so I can have a gander at that rb deck.

I want to play Unlicensed Disintegration so bad.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 3, 2016

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

Week One Red does it again!

EDIT: Lists are up, unfortunately the url format breaks parsing. The top 8 had the full 32/32 copies of Smuggler's Copter.

Sit on my Jace fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 3, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hey Chandra had more copies in the top 8 than Verdurous Gearhulk. When will WotC address the design paradigm that always leads to red dominating and green being terrible?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

due to the wotc conspiracy, red has zero playable cards and has never been good

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

EDIT: Lists are up, unfortunately the url format breaks parsing. The top 8 had the full 32/32 copies of Smuggler's Copter.
The top 16 has 52/64 copies. Hopefully that's just week 1 aggro syndrome.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Why isn't Emrakul in the main? Also, I love the Green Vessel in this deck since it's much better at dodging discard than the crane is. It also makes Emrakul more castable.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm blown away by all the G/B Delirium players not splashing red to add some form of board wipe during week 1 now that languish is gone.
Just add radiant flames. Adding a mountain with evolving wilds and transverse the ulvenwald makes splashing so easy.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If anyone's interested there are actually two Aetherworks lists in the top 64. Both splash red for Kozilek's Return and Cathartic Reunion, and one plays Harnessed Lightning which makes sense to me. One of them is playing 4 maindeck copies of Taigam's Scheming.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=108084
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=108125

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

If anyone's interested there were actually two Aetherworks lists in the top 64. Both splashed red for Kozilek's Return and Cathartic Reunion, and one plays Harnessed Lightning which makes sense to me. One of them is playing 4 maindeck copies of Taigam's Scheming.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=108084
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=108125

The red one is quite good I think.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

im the 12 0-for-1 cards in the second list

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Wait slow down.

Jim Davis played RB Aggro?

How many times did he go to time on camera?

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 3, 2016

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Count Bleck posted:

Wait slow down.

Jim Davis...

Done.

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Turns out Red is good as long as it has White in it. Pia Nalar and Harnessed Lightning were the only mainboard mono red cards played in the winning deck. Also 4 Declaration in Stone in mainboard for winning deck.

In other news. Smugglers Copter is now going for about 15 bucks.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

anglachel posted:

Whew, got these for 5 earlier this week.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

R/B aggro also finished pretty well in the top 15 and seems to run a lot more burn.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

anglachel posted:

Turns out Red is good as long as it has White in it. Pia Nalar and Harnessed Lightning were the only mainboard mono red cards played in the winning deck. Also 4 Declaration in Stone in mainboard for winning deck.

how many mono colored decks showed up? have we set up a hypothetical where it turns out actually no colors or cards are good? amazing

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There actually was a basically mono-colored deck in the top 64, and it was of course... hm.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=108076

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Magic is super hosed if the only good mono colored deck is also simultaneously the worst mono colored deck. I'm actually quite confused about this series of events, but I can assure you its very ill-foreboding for fans of the color Red

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
blue is real bad except when in cards also featuring the color white, though I have hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

anglachel posted:

Nope, got gonna spike. Lmbo

• Locked thread