Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man ive got to build a slayer. 20% cull is amazing. Shield Charge or something like dual strike. Ive got facebreakers already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

ButtWolf posted:

Man ive got to build a slayer. 20% cull is amazing. Shield Charge or something like dual strike. Ive got facebreakers already.

Shield charge slayer was all the rage last league. It's still fantastic, it's just not CI BV Pathfinder so nobody cares.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Wouldnt facebreakers go nicely with Warchief?
Since you never need to upgrade your weapon to scale it i mean.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Shield breakers main singlr target dps is watching, yeah

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Could you switch to cyclone for boss fights?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Bluemillion posted:

This is the funniest PoE video. Just the way all hell breaks loose.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Wouldnt facebreakers go nicely with Warchief?
Since you never need to upgrade your weapon to scale it i mean.
yeah facebreaker warchief is disgusting dps

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Slayer culling Izaro in his 3rd phase is the loving tits.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Getting The Fiend and The Last One Standing from the same Div box made up for a lot of lovely drop luck past the first couple days of the league :getin:

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hows dual strike? I got a 2020 so i kind want to do it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Hows dual strike? I got a 2020 so i kind want to do it.

It's a namelock single target skill in the age of earthquake and grandpa totems. Maybe in patch 7.0 they'll finally get around to the promised QOL improvements to those.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Facebreaker means that while you don't upgrade your weapon, you need to instead constantly upgrade your jewelry, which is a problem when it starts conflicting with other stats like life and resists.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Phobophilia posted:

Facebreaker means that while you don't upgrade your weapon, you need to instead constantly upgrade your jewelry, which is a problem when it starts conflicting with other stats like life and resists.

Yeah, I'm running triple warchief totems right now and getting resists up is tough, I have quite a few passive points allocated to get to caps. My jewelry sucks though and my DPS is still ridiculous.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

When you run uber lab what silver door stuff is worth getting? Today both Emperor's Charts and Curious Lockbox look good but getting 2 keys is slow with the layout and Charts just gave me a bunch of t6 maps which I didn't need.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Besides the treasure key, I very much like the one that spits out rare jewels and jewelry at you, good for the chaos recipe and maybe you'll luck out on 3-4 stat jewels that work together.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

When you run uber lab what silver door stuff is worth getting? Today both Emperor's Charts and Curious Lockbox look good but getting 2 keys is slow with the layout and Charts just gave me a bunch of t6 maps which I didn't need.

Charts is 100% garbage. The treasure key one, the jewelry one and the lab unique are the only ones I go out of my way to do.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Thanks. Also, is it true that killing Argus makes Izaro harder? Thought I heard that somewhere.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Thanks. Also, is it true that killing Argus makes Izaro harder? Thought I heard that somewhere.

This is not true. Killing Argus does not make Izaro harder.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Please don't kill Izaro's dog :(

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Izaro could never have asked for a more faithful and loving companion.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
He could've maybe asked for a better security system though.

"HA! I've big-rear end doors you have to pass through in order to get to me...the key is just down the hall over there"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

whypick1 posted:

He could've maybe asked for a better security system though.

"HA! I've big-rear end doors you have to pass through in order to get to me...the key is just down the hall over there"

Where there is a silver key, there must be a silver door

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Apoplexy posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AlexandrJJ/characters Clibanarial is the current version, the one who doesn't blow. Little write-up on it: Rearguard and Rumi's and Bone Offering for max block that also heals upon blocking. Null's summons raging spirits and animates weapons (around you when you get a kill AND at the kill point. Oddly, kicking open a barrel seems to count as a 'kill' for this purpose and a white weapon from one will animate automatically, kinda strange but good I guess), Cospri's gives you poison on any cursed enemy and +1 to curses, so Split Arrow to spread curses around, I use Poacher's Mark because I'm a loser who doesn't have a lot of phys damage to turn into leeching for mana replenishment purposes, and Enfeeble for survivability. Barrage with twin Volley Fire for actual killing of trash mobs and starting the pain train of animated weapons and SRSes. That works just stupidly well on bosses because you're just machinegunning up to the 20 hits worth of poison. Something that can/should be done for more DPS is flipping Bone Offering out for Flesh Offering and Rearguard for Drillneck. It'd make you more fragile, but your horde, and ability to summon the horde, would become just absurd. Wrath and Haste are good auras for this build. Clarity level 1 is just there for the added aura bonus to damage from Commander of the Darkness. Can't really think of much else to add, other than that it doesn't use very many uniques and the ones that are in place can be supplanted by cheaper alternatives: Cospri's can be changed out for any other source of +curses and Snakebite gloves added to implement poison damage on full frenzy charges.

edit: Just imagine an Enlighten 3 in that hat. It's kinda in use on my Mjolnerer right now.

For my first character this league I tried spell totem fireball but it sucked but I had some 798 facebreakers drop so I tried a shield charge build which has fallen off at level 12 or 13 maps. Trying this build because it seems fun but holy poo poo is it hard to level.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, it's a problem. I'd highly recommend going the Whispering Ice path. Do something like dual Axioms until you can Whispering Ice, then do that until 60. It's gonna require a pretty hard re-spec, but it's so much faster than the other way: Storm Cloud with Static Electricity jewels.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Fireball could be alright if frost wall wasn't nerfed but uh it was.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, it's a problem. I'd highly recommend going the Whispering Ice path. Do something like dual Axioms until you can Whispering Ice, then do that until 60. It's gonna require a pretty hard re-spec, but it's so much faster than the other way: Storm Cloud with Static Electricity jewels.

Didn't think about that. After struggling with spell casting (I hate spending currency on re-specing) I tried to switch to full archer at level 30 or so but I think I made it worse. May start over tomorrow because this is slow as hell.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Don't worry, I've blown probably about 50c worth of Regrets on my Berserker Mjolnerer today just making things worse over and over again. I kinda miss having 14k armor and 50 over cap in each resistance in Merc, but having 5k health and all is probably a better thing.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Looking for some gear/skill gem advice on my CI BV Pathfinder. I got the phys conversion Vinktar's today and I'm thinking about going low life in the near future. I'd like to lose the Facebreakers but 90% crit multi is pretty nice and I have 9.5k ES with discipline even without real ES gloves. I can handle uber lab and maps up to T15 with no problem, but I got my rear end handed to me by Phoenix. Part of that was bad positioning and failing to avoid his attacks but my DPS didn't seem great against him. I have about 55k DPS with Concentrated Effect and all flasks up. The build is great if you can burn a boss down in about 10 seconds but really struggles with longer fights that don't have many adds to refill flask charges.

I'd like to eventually do the Guardians and Shaper on this build (probably Uber Atiziri too) but I'm not sure how to best spend what I have on better gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/amdskaternerd/characters

(Character name is ShamelessMetaBuild)

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Have you tried The Overflowing Chalice instead of Diamond for bosses?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Any tips or settings to turn off for making sure FPS doesn't tank in groups or on the first major attack of a boss, or do I have to wait for future engine upgrades?

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

Social Media posted:

Looking for some gear/skill gem advice on my CI BV Pathfinder. I got the phys conversion Vinktar's today and I'm thinking about going low life in the near future. I'd like to lose the Facebreakers but 90% crit multi is pretty nice and I have 9.5k ES with discipline even without real ES gloves. I can handle uber lab and maps up to T15 with no problem, but I got my rear end handed to me by Phoenix. Part of that was bad positioning and failing to avoid his attacks but my DPS didn't seem great against him. I have about 55k DPS with Concentrated Effect and all flasks up. The build is great if you can burn a boss down in about 10 seconds but really struggles with longer fights that don't have many adds to refill flask charges.

I'd like to eventually do the Guardians and Shaper on this build (probably Uber Atiziri too) but I'm not sure how to best spend what I have on better gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/amdskaternerd/characters

(Character name is ShamelessMetaBuild)

Here's my character which is basically the same build (even with the same flasks): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Antalion/characters . McFaceBeardX if it doesn't auto-select that.

I can see a few differences, mainly in auras, but really it comes down to gear I think (I've done Shaper and all 4 T16 bosses deathless, though not all that often in some cases, with phoenix probably being the most tricky). I really don't think Eye of Chayula or The Magnate are worth the lost defensive stats, but that's about it really.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Apoplexy posted:

Where there is a silver key, there must be a silver door

By the way, is this literally true as well? Ran lab yesterday I think and we checked every area on the map and came away with an extra silver key, so unless there was a hidden area we didn't find a secret passage to the announcer lied to us. :saddowns:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mo_Steel posted:

By the way, is this literally true as well? Ran lab yesterday I think and we checked every area on the map and came away with an extra silver key, so unless there was a hidden area we didn't find a secret passage to the announcer lied to us. :saddowns:

did you check http://www.poelab.com/ ?

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Mo_Steel posted:

There's 3 silver keys and 3 silver doors everyday. Those are everyday and do not fluctuate besides their location and what's behind them. On the other hand, gold doors, argus, chests, and izaro buffs and weapons, do change on a daily basis and do not have to be in the lab.

Whypick1's comment was likely referring specifically to Gold doors because you have to complete those to move through the lab, and the key is always a direct annex from the door. Silver keys are strictly optional and do not have to connect in anyway with the doors it can actually be used on.

edit: Been probably a year since I looked at the thread... I feel like desynch fixed is deserving of more than just 2 sirens and some bold. Well done though J.

10bux fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 2, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Any tips or settings to turn off for making sure FPS doesn't tank in groups or on the first major attack of a boss, or do I have to wait for future engine upgrades?

There is a .ini file you can edit that can tweak some settings down lower than the in-game menus would otherwise allow you to. You can make the game look like runescape if you want. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/177500

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'm level 62 and partway through Act 3 on Merciless and appear to be somewhat underleveled. Is there a good and/or safe way to get some levels? I'm getting tired of dying and losing all my XP.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Peewi posted:

I'm level 62 and partway through Act 3 on Merciless and appear to be somewhat underleveled. Is there a good and/or safe way to get some levels? I'm getting tired of dying and losing all my XP.

Get more health and max your resists and stop dying. Level in dried lake once you get there.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Check poe.trade for 1 alch or 1 chaos upgrades, level in docks until your comfortable.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I managed to get that ranger into merciless on Hardcore, im pretty pleased.
DPS kinda sucks unimaginable rear end, but resists are adequate.

Im curious as to what will kill me, i had all my money on malachai and his 10billion ground effects.

How do people blaze through normal and cruel, i dont get it.
I have close to no jorbs or fuses, im living off the land with 4-links, i think i took too little life, too little damage and overasll i feel like i have too little of everything.
I dont oneshot whitepacks currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dumb question; can I Craft a mod onto a ring and then use an Orb to upgrade it's quality and still retain the Crafted mod?

• Locked thread