Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Someone I know unironically posted this

Don't worry guys, if the world needs Trump to call a former model fat at 3am, he's on it

i feel like this would be a p. good use of his talents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

To quote a guy on another site;

quote:

Things the Saudis lost to the Houthis:

tanks
troops
dignity

a ship

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

2) What the gently caress is with the strip clubs in VA? Pasties and panties?

Jesus doesn't want you to see the areola. I grew up in Tampa, so going from world famous sleeze holes like Mons Venus to lovely places like Crystal City restaurant was a culture shock. That being said, Maryland still allows fully naked.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Sunday shows have been predictably insane, with the official talking point (per Christie and Giuliani) being that Donald Trump is a "Genius" for not paying taxes and/or losing nearly a billion dollars in 1995.

Harry Reid probably had the best of the burns, having already said that Trump pays no taxes on the Senate floor:

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/782614419360522240

But honestly though, the big news is that the NYT has more.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/782612487057338368

The tax story hit the news while Trump was on stage in Pennsylvania, where he went batshit insane for an hour and accused Hillary Clinton of cheating on Bill Clinton.

I could go on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I read the highlights of Trump's speech. It's suitably mad as one would imagine at this point in his campaign.

While this article does demonstrate an obvious disliking towards Trump, it clearly lays out his bizzare speech.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

holocaust bloopers posted:

I read the highlights of Trump's speech. It's suitably mad as one would imagine at this point in his campaign.

While this article does demonstrate an obvious disliking towards Trump, it clearly lays out his bizzare speech.

Uh, wow :stare: . I wonder how high Trump will manage to pump up his insanity given that we still have a month to go until the election.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

holocaust bloopers posted:

:allbuttons:

quote:

He questioned how the Clintons earned so many tens of millions of dollars. He told a guy in the crowd he loved him even though he’s a guy. He pursed his lips as his supporters interrupted him with another “lock her up” chant. He reminded everyone that Bill Clinton was impeached because “everyone forgets.” He accused the media of allowing Clinton to “get away with murder.” He said African Americans will vote for him because he will fix their impoverished, dangerous neighborhoods that are “worse than war zones.”

“People walk to the office, they walk to get a loaf of bread, they get shot, their child gets shot,” Trump said.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
It's looking like the Colombians rejected the FARC peace deal. https://www.yahoo.com/news/colombia-voters-reject-farc-peace-plan-near-full-222526786.html

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
t

Zeris posted:

Wait you guys actually vote

thank you for your service

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

A few pages back, but if you're in Australia and got the "not available in your region" problem , missed this or couldn't be bothered searching for it, it's on ABC2 tonight here.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A few hundred years from now, as human civilization is emerging from the ashpile soon to be created, historians are going to think this election was some kind of satirical production.

Edit:

:wtc:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 3, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Because another 50 years of war will solve this problem.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Death to fark.com

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

loving :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pack it in trump judge dredd himself just came out against you

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdfRRtAs3o

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Remember when Bernie was gonna be the one to bring is through the long night but then he sold out

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If Katy Perry is one side of GiP, Diamond Joe Biden is the other. So, here's a long interview with Biden that just came out. The quote here was when he went on Meet The Press and basically said GAY MARRIAGE NOW, GAY MARRIAGE FOREVER and that forced President Obama to say the same a few days later.

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/782764946614550529

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
How the gently caress do we go from Obama/Biden to Trump/Pence or Hillary/Kaine. This loving stupid rear end country

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

milk milk lemonade posted:

How the gently caress do we go from Obama/Biden to Trump/Pence or Hillary/Kaine. This loving stupid rear end country

the republican party was so afraid of a young charismatic black man that they broke america

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

too spooky

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

2spooky4me posted:

the republican party was so afraid of a young charismatic black man that they broke america

Is that a real thing? I don't follow any party politics close enough to know. But I feel like any other system for determining one of the most powerful and influential governmental positions in the entire world could produce better results than what we're getting here. Do a cutoff on ACT scores or driving records or a simple cognitive test then draw straws on whoever's left and you could probably produce better tickets.

Like the system we have now was gamed by an unpopular career politician and Donald Tump a dude who used to call reporters pretending to be his own PR guy. Wtf

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah literacy tests!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

dictatorships are probably worse, and the ship has sailed on being racially homogeneous, so we're stuck with what we have until we design the AI that will run the show for us

it'll probably purge GiP to boot

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
My post wasn't really well thought out. I was referring specifically to the primaries and how the parties assemble their tickets. Was there really no one better? The Republicans were downright sad this year, and I feel like Hillary's nomination was clinched back in 2008. There are people more qualified than Trump at every level of government, and more popular careerists than Hillary are everywhere. How did this happen. Or why

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

My post wasn't really well thought out. I was referring specifically to the primaries and how the parties assemble their tickets. Was there really no one better? The Republicans were downright sad this year, and I feel like Hillary's nomination was clinched back in 2008. There are people more qualified than Trump at every level of government, and more popular careerists than Hillary are everywhere. How did this happen. Or why

oh yeah totally misread you there, my bad

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Because another 50 years of war will solve this problem.

Well Uribe did do a decent job of killing larges chunks of the group so they really lack the strength they formerly had. . They've also have had a multi year cease fire in effect and they aren't in a good position to restart anything large scale and even already said they aren't going to abandon it.

The problem was basically a lot of people in Columbia really really hate FARC and felt that agreement was giving FARC way too good of a deal. in terms of light punishments and access in the political system with guaranteed seats for a decade among other things (in the 297 page doc), especially considering there weakened position.

In the end it's really Santo's fault for even doing a referendum when he had no requirement to do so. FARC I understand really didn't want a referendum.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 3, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know what you're talking about my man but it's retarded

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know what you're talking about my man but it's retarded

Thread title

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6gKjtpkFM

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Westworld = Good.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Last Week Tonight was on point. Covered Trump, but not the taxes; policing and public perception and tore apart the few bad apples refrain; and the show ended on Wells Fargo with a dildo boomerang.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

yeah literacy tests!

I could support literacy tests for presidential and congressional positions; gently caress trying to disenfranchise the poor and illiterate, but if you're writing law and enacting it, the people would be under-served by someone who does not have an education, aptitude, or understand civics.

Hell, we make the retards who run and gun for our nation take an aptitude test, and they don't even make policy.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What in gently caress is with the apparent rise in "scary clown" sightings? I heard on the news this morning that across the country people have reported Stephen King level clowns have been luring kids into woods and even threatening school shootings. Did ISIS get an Amazon prime membership and just go completely off the rails?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
If scary clown sleeper cells is "off the rails"

We are hosed if they ever get "back on track"

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

I think it just goes to show just how rare tickets like Obama/Biden really are. You'd be hard pressed to find a more compelling ticket in the last 50 years, so it's understandable that anyone following them is bound to be disappointing no matter who they were.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 3, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Waaahmbulance Chaser posted:

What in gently caress is with the apparent rise in "scary clown" sightings? I heard on the news this morning that across the country people have reported Stephen King level clowns have been luring kids into woods and even threatening school shootings. Did ISIS get an Amazon prime membership and just go completely off the rails?
People are just insane and suggestable.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Casimir Radon posted:

People are just insane and suggestable.

Worth noting that there has actually been a few people arrested for it. Once the initial story came out. there was a rise in psycho-clown-related pranks as people capitalized on it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Wasabi the J posted:

I could support literacy tests for presidential and congressional positions; gently caress trying to disenfranchise the poor and illiterate, but if you're writing law and enacting it, the people would be under-served by someone who does not have an education, aptitude, or understand civics.

Hell, we make the retards who run and gun for our nation take an aptitude test, and they don't even make policy.

It's worth noting that minorities have a higher rate of illiteracy in the US than white people so even when you try and make the aptitude tests for elections palatable you're still just loving over black people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
maybe today isn't going to suck :cabot:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37538199/kim-kardashian-held-at-gunpoint-in-paris-residence

• Locked thread