Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, the first gallery is up! Technically krushgroove already posted one for May so it's a duplicate, but I wanted the account to have everything anyway.

Many thanks to Electric Hobo for a neat image scraper program which made pulling the pictures together much easier!

Anyway, May's gallery is at http://imgur.com/a/QyJxo - let me know if your pictures are missing or if I've added something that shouldn't be there (like WIPs or speed painting proof etc.).

Note: In order to make it in, the image must have your name on it - so don't just sign the first image in your completion post if you want all of them in the gallery!

Once folks are happy with the May gallery I'll look into the June one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, the first gallery is up! Technically krushgroove already posted one for May so it's a duplicate, but I wanted the account to have everything anyway.

Many thanks to Electric Hobo for a neat image scraper program which made pulling the pictures together much easier!

Anyway, May's gallery is at http://imgur.com/a/QyJxo - let me know if your pictures are missing or if I've added something that shouldn't be there (like WIPs or speed painting proof etc.).

Note: In order to make it in, the image must have your name on it - so don't just sign the first image in your completion post if you want all of them in the gallery!

Once folks are happy with the May gallery I'll look into the June one.

Oh, whoops.

Would it be okay if I took new pictures of my completed stuff that are signed?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, tallkidwithglasses, oath this consul in terminator armor from GW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, being sick and insane, oath for October the following models:

YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon
YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics)
GŬILÁNG Combi Rifle
GŬILÁNG MULTI Sniper Rifle
DÀOFĚI MULTI Rifle / Shock CCW
DÀOFĚI HMG
DÀOFĚI Boarding Shotgun
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle+ Light Grenade Launcher
TIGER SOLDIER Hacker Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower
KǍNRÈN Chain-colt / Monofilament CCW
NINJA Tactical Bow
NINJA Shock CCW
NINJA MULTI Sniper Rifle
NINJA Hacker Shock CCW

Everything except the custom tinbot is Corvus Belli/Infinity, 28mm.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Approved!

chutche2 posted:

Oh, whoops.

Would it be okay if I took new pictures of my completed stuff that are signed?

So long as you do it before I start working on the gallery for that month, sure!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well I messed up last months oath by being very ill for the last week of the month.

I'm playing at the first gates of antares tournament at Warlord on 8th October. I need a painted army in time.

I, Thundercloud, oath 10 Ghar Black Guard, 4 Black Guard Command Squad, 3 Ghar Scutters and 2 Ghar Disruptor Cannon weapon teams, all from Warlord Games, 21 models in total that I probably have to paint by the end of Sunday.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for October, 3 union members for guild ball, and Dragonbait and Alias of Westgate by Ral Partha. Dragonbait is painted because I am using him for the rescue challenge.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete!

The big guy was fun. I was experimenting with different painting techniques than I normally use. Neutral zenithally highlighted colours to start with, then coloured by glazes.
I don't think I gave it quite enough contrast before I glazed it, and had to spend a while touching it up afterwards.
Still doesn't have quite as much contrast as I'd like, but then again my normal paint schemes tend to be eyeball searing.

You should be proud those guys are outstanding.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Thanks!
Time to paint some cultists and abominations of a slightly different nature.

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 8 genestealer cultist neophytes in the month of October! (GW, 28mm)

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Note! I will not be able to mail the Aetherium prize out for sometime (like, late October) but I will at least gather up names and draw for it soon.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

tallkidwithglasses posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Claiming speed painting:

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 oath to paint Blandoff (OC don't steal) and these goblins of Bloria (From Reaper minitures) for the lord of the rings miniatures game and not totally forget to upload the finished picture.

Sorry for the crappy pictre. I wanted to get a picture in, but I can retake it tomarrow when I have natural light. All I have for light by my desk otherwise is a little LED lamp. It's a wizard figure and 6 goblins, 2 of each of spear+shiled, club+shield and archer.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 2, 2016

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:woop: I Weirdo Oath one Goblin Ninja by Reaper (28mm), 5 steel warriors, one skeletal jester, and two pieces of gaming tools, all by Mantic 28mm.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
June:

July:

August:

September:

RancidChris
Jul 8, 2011

I, RancidChris, Oath that I will paint this Poltergeist and three Sorrows from Malifaux.

e/ corrected link

RancidChris fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 2, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

Well I messed up last months oath by being very ill for the last week of the month.

I'm playing at the first gates of antares tournament at Warlord on 8th October. I need a painted army in time.

I, Thundercloud, oath 10 Ghar Black Guard, 4 Black Guard Command Squad, 3 Ghar Scutters and 2 Ghar Disruptor Cannon weapon teams, all from Warlord Games, 21 models in total that I probably have to paint by the end of Sunday.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for October, 3 union members for guild ball, and Dragonbait and Alias of Westgate by Ral Partha. Dragonbait is painted because I am using him for the rescue challenge.

Arson Fire posted:

Thanks!
Time to paint some cultists and abominations of a slightly different nature.

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 8 genestealer cultist neophytes in the month of October! (GW, 28mm)

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 oath to paint Blandoff (OC don't steal) and these goblins of Bloria (From Reaper minitures) for the lord of the rings miniatures game and not totally forget to upload the finished picture.

Sorry for the crappy pictre. I wanted to get a picture in, but I can retake it tomarrow when I have natural light. All I have for light by my desk otherwise is a little LED lamp. It's a wizard figure and 6 goblins, 2 of each of spear+shiled, club+shield and archer.

Weirdo posted:

:woop: I Weirdo Oath one Goblin Ninja by Reaper (28mm), 5 steel warriors, one skeletal jester, and two pieces of gaming tools, all by Mantic 28mm.

RancidChris posted:

I, RancidChris, Oath that I will paint this Poltergeist and three Sorrows from Malifaux.

e/ corrected link

Approved!

chutche2 posted:

June:

July:

August:

September:

All well and good but you'll need to edit those into your respective completion posts otherwise the picture grabber won't detect them.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, in the month of October, oath the following: 10 Ghouls, 3 Crypt Horrors, 3 Skeletons and 1 Skeleton Champion. Ghouls and Horrors by GW, Skeletons by Mantic, all 28mm.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, Urobros, oath one Captain and Librarian mounted on bikes.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
October Oath!
4 Trollkin Bandits and Braylen Wanderheart
Privateer Press.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of October;

Black Flash for Batman Miniature Game, 32mm by Knight Models.
Trade Goods set, 32mm (ish) by Ainsty Castings.

It's a light oath from me while I eagerly await my Dropfleet kickstarter to arrive and I finish up some other stuff.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper 28mm Netikerti, Nefsokar Mage (its a mummy) for October

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one spoooooooooooky spider. Jorogumo, Ten Thunders faction in Malifaux, Wyrd Games.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Generic terrible question:

quote:

theme challenge: paint any type of scary monster, in any style you like! This can be something like Creature from the Black Lagoon, Alien, Cloverfield, a large doll, whatever!

any scary monster? so not specifically tied to a particular horror convention? i.e. is a big zombie troll enough to tick this box? or say... some genestealer hybrids? :) just want to get a feel for the 'scary' part, basically is 'anything not nice' a good enough marker to aim for?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, in the month of October, oath the following: 10 Ghouls, 3 Crypt Horrors, 3 Skeletons and 1 Skeleton Champion. Ghouls and Horrors by GW, Skeletons by Mantic, all 28mm.

Uroboros posted:

I, Urobros, oath one Captain and Librarian mounted on bikes.

Red Shoe posted:

October Oath!
4 Trollkin Bandits and Braylen Wanderheart
Privateer Press.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of October;

Black Flash for Batman Miniature Game, 32mm by Knight Models.
Trade Goods set, 32mm (ish) by Ainsty Castings.

It's a light oath from me while I eagerly await my Dropfleet kickstarter to arrive and I finish up some other stuff.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper 28mm Netikerti, Nefsokar Mage (its a mummy) for October

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one spoooooooooooky spider. Jorogumo, Ten Thunders faction in Malifaux, Wyrd Games.

Approved

enri posted:

Generic terrible question:

any scary monster? so not specifically tied to a particular horror convention? i.e. is a big zombie troll enough to tick this box? or say... some genestealer hybrids? :) just want to get a feel for the 'scary' part, basically is 'anything not nice' a good enough marker to aim for?

Anything monstrous or scary really, the theme challenges are deliberately open to allow for your imagination. Zombie Trolls and Genestealers are fine. A Hybrid could easily be 'a man in a rubber suit' for a costume party or B-Movie :D.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I, thespaceinvader am oathing one battle croissant u boat loo seat Jumpmaster 5000 in 1:270 scale by Fantasy Flight Games.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Zark the Damned posted:

Anything monstrous or scary really, the theme challenges are deliberately open to allow for your imagination. Zombie Trolls and Genestealers are fine. A Hybrid could easily be 'a man in a rubber suit' for a costume party or B-Movie :D.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification :)

Time to go put that order in...

melonfish
Apr 13, 2016

The original Dunning-Kruger test subject.
I Melonfish oath 6 Neophytes and 4 Acolytes from the deathwatch:overkill box for october all 28mm GW models.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath, Rorsch, Brine, and a Road Hog, all Minions models form Hordes from Privateer Press

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of October from Privateer press, Wrong eye and Snap Jaw, Darlin Sturgis, and Haley 1.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

:siren: 25 hours til the end of September! :siren: - this is a good time to double check The Spreadsheet and make sure nothing's been missed!

Also a service announcement - I've been in touch with krushgroove and he's hyper busy currently. He's still dealing with the sponsors and figuring out who is honouring their season 6 prize commitments so hopefully we'll get an update on that when he has the time.

However, I'll be taking over the management of putting together the monthly Judge galleries - I intend to set up some sort of image hosting account and getting on with the ones for this Season over the weekend.

It looks like our resident season comic illustrator moths is also pretty busy and won't be able to continue the adventures of our intrepid Orc for a while. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, feel free!

Hey, can I get the Jurnal point for the yellow bus? Just realised I didn't bold it in the Oath complete post, and doesn't seem to be up on the spreadsheet.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, Oath for Oct 3x Rat Ogres (Two from GW, one Reaper Bones), 1 converted Lord Skrolk (GW) and 1 ratguy with a torch (Heartbreaker)!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader am oathing one battle croissant u boat loo seat Jumpmaster 5000 in 1:270 scale by Fantasy Flight Games.

melonfish posted:

I Melonfish oath 6 Neophytes and 4 Acolytes from the deathwatch:overkill box for october all 28mm GW models.

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath, Rorsch, Brine, and a Road Hog, all Minions models form Hordes from Privateer Press

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of October from Privateer press, Wrong eye and Snap Jaw, Darlin Sturgis, and Haley 1.

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, Oath for Oct 3x Rat Ogres (Two from GW, one Reaper Bones), 1 converted Lord Skrolk (GW) and 1 ratguy with a torch (Heartbreaker)!

Approved!

LazyAngel posted:

Hey, can I get the Jurnal point for the yellow bus? Just realised I didn't bold it in the Oath complete post, and doesn't seem to be up on the spreadsheet.

Sorted!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Oath complete!

Now I just need about 200-400 points per side for a standard scenario. :|

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 4, 2016

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I should probably oath something and work through the painting fatigue I built up last month.

For October, I, Electric Hobo, oath the first player token, the saga token and the doom token from Blood Rage. Still by CMoN.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath this Tyranid Warrior Prime. 28mm from Games Workshop.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do solemnly Oath to paint these 5 models in October:

From Wyrd Games, 1 Miss Ery and 1 Flesh Construct with Victim
From Steamforged Games, 1 Compound
And from Corvus Belli, 2 Dog Warriors

It's Monster Season, so why not paint things like literal werewolves, Frankenstein's monster, and nightmare fuel!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

An Oath to report!

A Seraph, from Corvus Belli!

Also, a shame to report

A narrow failure on the 24 hour front. :'(

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! one Hemlocke union player for guild ball.

nesbit37 posted:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I failed my oath last month, is there a way to recover it?

I tried to read about Save Da Whales in the OP, but it doesn't actually explain what/how to do it.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these two Guild Ball dudes, named Ratchet and Pin Vise (30mm, Steamforged Games).

The bases were pre-painted but the figures are only primed. If that's an issue I'll rebase them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath ten space marines (GW / 28mm):

(I took the photo yesterday but had some problems getting it off my phone, I hope that's OK.)

• Locked thread