Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

two_step posted:

Someone on Reddit is claiming that they changed raid damage, so that a bunch of people all clearing P1 will all count their damage. If so, we need to be a lot more strict about damage caps or something.

I'm having trouble parsing this because I'm dumb, but do you mean that when you clear p1, it auto applies the damage straight away instead of waiting for your team to die? I know a lot of people in IGD solo p1, but idle in p2 to let more people get in on the ground floor. Wouldn't murdering the gently caress out of P1, but idling with the captain at say 1% health not still be viable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

rocket_Magnet posted:

I'm having trouble parsing this because I'm dumb, but do you mean that when you clear p1, it auto applies the damage straight away instead of waiting for your team to die? I know a lot of people in IGD solo p1, but idle in p2 to let more people get in on the ground floor. Wouldn't murdering the gently caress out of P1, but idling with the captain at say 1% health not still be viable?

No, the way it used to work was that everyone's damage on a given phase only counted for that phase. So if 2 people did p1 and then 10% of p2, we would be 20% done with p2, but one persons extra p1 damage wouldn't do anything other than score them points. The claim is that this is no longer true, and in the above situation we would end up way further into p2

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Oh god that would gently caress up our raids if we didn't have the 12 hour zero damage. Hell that's a simple idea and it took 2+ weeks just for everyone to not gently caress it up. I don't even want to try to explain "just send one dude in, yes we know he does damage.".

Blame mal that I'd our new motto. Fix your game mal!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Luckily we don't have to worry about this because it's not accurate and the raid is still calculating damage like normal. This was all just a cautionary tale about listening to some dumbdick on reddit.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Just ran into the team that I think I need to build next in GW:

Rex / Fives / Aayla / Sun Fac / Anakin

A total nightmare to beat with any AoE team. Had to throw a full empire team at it first, then was able to kill off the remaining guys with Wiggs / STH / Rey. Wouldn't want to run into it in Arena, would be a giant pain to beat it. Time for me to stop working on mods and get to work on Aayla, especially for the upcoming tournament.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Oh god that would gently caress up our raids if we didn't have the 12 hour zero damage. Hell that's a simple idea and it took 2+ weeks just for everyone to not gently caress it up. I don't even want to try to explain "just send one dude in, yes we know he does damage.".

Blame mal that I'd our new motto. Fix your game mal!

Spakstik posted:

Luckily we don't have to worry about this because it's not accurate and the raid is still calculating damage like normal. This was all just a cautionary tale about listening to some dumbdick on reddit.

Nah, it was done broke and I fixed it up reeeeaaaal good.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I'm glad it was just a myth, but now I want to know what monster team that guy was running to destroy phase 2 like that.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

I'm glad it was just a myth, but now I want to know what monster team that guy was running to destroy phase 2 like that.

Was I the guy in question? I have gotten 1.5 mil or so from P2/3 before, using my P1 team (Teebo, QGJ, Phasma, EE, Chirpa)

Got my 7* Han solo after today's raid. Too bad he isn't that good.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So it turns out the new tournament doesn't use the same player pools as arena. I'm from an April shard and being placed with people who, judging by their number of pvp battles completed (3,000+) have been playing since launch.

So much for that. :shrug:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm not sure how pools are supposed to work for this, because it's rolling out to different regions at different times.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70036/first-pvp-tournament-start-times#latest

There will be 3 time zones for the tournament to ensure equal opportunities for participation:

Asia/Australia/Pacific: Sunday Oct 2nd 6pm PDT
Europe: Monday Oct 3rd midnight (0 am) PDT
North/South America: Monday Oct 3rd 7am PDT

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

I'm not sure how pools are supposed to work for this, because it's rolling out to different regions at different times.

Yeah, after seeing that I assume players are pooled by region. Which still sucks for us late starters. It's a whale's game anyway - absolutely zero chance I will ever acquire the Shoretrooper. On the plus side, chances are no-one else on my shard will either, so I won't have to deal with it in Arena.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, after seeing that I assume players are pooled by region. Which still sucks for us late starters. It's a whale's game anyway - absolutely zero chance I will ever acquire the Shoretrooper. On the plus side, chances are no-one else on my shard will either, so I won't have to deal with it in Arena.

That's really negative for not even seeing the end of the first event. For all you know you get 5 shards just for doing a single fight.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Hughlander posted:

That's really negative for not even seeing the end of the first event. For all you know you get 5 shards just for doing a single fight.

You don't. Only the top 100 get a full shoretrooper, not sure where the cutoff for shards are, probably top 1000. Note that appears to be of the whole freaking region, so getting anywhere near unlocking him is going to be whaletastic (and I am a small whale in this game)

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Was I the guy in question? I have gotten 1.5 mil or so from P2/3 before, using my P1 team (Teebo, QGJ, Phasma, EE, Chirpa)

I don't remember, but probably. I have those characters except for Chirpa. Would EE still be worth using? What should I run instead?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Hughlander posted:

Which game are you playing?

E: here is a breakdown of how it works. In a turn of events that should surprise no one, it heavily favors people who shell out money for the game.

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 3, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Spakstik posted:

Which game are you playing?

E: here is a breakdown of how it works. In a turn of events that should surprise no one, it heavily favors people who shell out money for the game.

Hey that looks exactly like what I said.

quote:

unless you are doing a lot of crystal refreshes per day, you're unlikely to get anything except some credits (200k) and a few (5) Shoretrooper shards

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

To use my A-squad twice would cost me 150 crystals. This is such a remarkable crystal sink and I bet it'll make them a ton of money.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

iGestalt posted:

To use my A-squad twice would cost me 150 crystals. This is such a remarkable crystal sink and I bet it'll make them a ton of money.

It says 5 gems per character so it should only cost 25 gems to use your squad twice.

Either way, the idea is nice, whales will always get an advantage, just like in regular arena, don't stress it too much.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

It says 5 gems per character so it should only cost 25 gems to use your squad twice.

Either way, the idea is nice, whales will always get an advantage, just like in regular arena, don't stress it too much.

5 the first time. 15 the second. 100,000 the third!

Sorry, I mean - the first extra use. Not the first time at all.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Since this doesn't seem to be live for a majority of people yet, here's some screenshots to show the rewards:

And yes, it basically boils down to an acution of "who will spend the most crystals". The game doesn't work on if you can beat them then you take their space like arena, its points based. I get 12 points for killing an enemy, and 24 points for my character surviving. You can pay some crystals to use a character more than ocne a day. Whoever has the most points at the end of 3 days wins the biggest reward.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 3, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

I don't remember, but probably. I have those characters except for Chirpa. Would EE still be worth using? What should I run instead?

Instead of Chirpa you can run Ewok Scout, Chewie, Tusken Raider, or Rex. He isn't critical, he just gives you one more shot at resetting the Rancor's TM with Teebo.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Ahdinko posted:

And yes, it basically boils down to an acution of "who will spend the most crystals". The game doesn't work on if you can beat them then you take their space like arena, its points based. I get 12 points for killing an enemy, and 24 points for my character surviving. You can pay some crystals to use a character more than ocne a day. Whoever has the most points at the end of 3 days wins the biggest reward.

This is completely accurate. There's also diminishing returns on points accumulated. I've fought 4-5 fights and now I only get 9 points for a kill and 21 points for a survivor. Biggest wallet wins a Shoretrooper! Step right up and hand over your money!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Eh, at least it's not a character as uber powerful as Palpatine or something, let whales have their fun.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, there is a trick for climbing the ladder more efficiently -- attack later in the day. By attacking later in the day, you'll have more bad teams ahead of you, so you can use your really bad teams (well, like 6* unmodded level 80s) to win your first couple battles.

I've attacked a couple times with middling teams, and won, and now I'm getting fewer points. I'm not sure if this is based on your current total points, your current rank, or number of attacks. If it's the second option, then waiting to attack will also be the most beneficial, because you'll have further to climb.

But really, this event comes down to who wants to drop $$. It's pretty stupid, but whales gonna whale.

imantor
Jan 17, 2004
Odds are I hate you!
I was told to spam here for a guild invite. Someone send me an invite I added my info to the sheet q few weeks back and want to contribute to the goon efforts. Hook a goon up!

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I put a shout out in QGJ to get you sorted out

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Credit heist is back up :unsmith:

2.5 and 1.5 :smith:

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
5 mil + 10 mil. Pls help, I don't know what to do with all this wealth

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Level 80 Ugnaught, obviously.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Buy good mods from shipments, refresh is only 15 gems too so use it once or twice.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Buy good mods from shipments, refresh is only 15 gems too so use it once or twice.

Good idea! Found a 4 dot health arrow with speed primary, Rey is up to 216 speed now

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What mods do I buy? Anything that has speed primary or secondary?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

What mods do I buy? Anything that has speed primary or secondary?

Yes. Also crit chance/damage and potency if needed.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, I spent 50 crystals today to get myself back into top 500 of the "tournament." Those rewards are a pretty decent step up from top 1k, so that's my goal, but I won't break the bank to do it.

Also, I'm back to running AA, Wiggs, STH, Palp. I miss Lando's crits, but he isn't as good without AA (was running Lando instead of AA before this). My STH caps at 198 speed right now, which isn't fast enough to hit top 10 without AA. This change has pushed me back into the top 10 again. Wedge/Biggs go first in every non-AA matchup, followed by STH (except a couple dickwads who are running 230 speed STH).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I've dropped Palp from my lineup because I was sick of his inconsistency with the aoe stun. Now back to using QGJ - the dispel helps with STH and RG (several teams in my top 20 run both) and he brings the damage buff as well. Wedge/Biggs/STH/QGJ/Lando.

Now that my Wedge is finally 7* G10 I am climbing back into the top 10 again. This is on a soft April shard though, none of this beta/launch bullshit.

Having to use AA over Lando is a real testament to how hosed up the speed meta is right now.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Been playing a month or two, I'm slowly getting there. Here's my current status.

Following OP advice, I can now beat the Galaxy War most days, but I'm just this last week starting to meet some real gently caress You teams that are a huge difficulty spike and wipe my A-squad out. I hover around the 290-400 region in squad arena, depending on when in the day I do it. (or if I remember before realising poo poo it's quarter-to-midnight and I still have 4 fights left argh). As soon as I break too much into the 200's though, out come the gently caress You teams, of course. I'm no whale.

My A-squad is Phasma lead, RG, Daka (for those sweet, sweet stuns), Genosian Soldier and either Lumi/Talia/JediConsular, or my very recently acquired QGJ if I feel I can do without a decent healer.

So yeah, if you were me, whadda ya plan be?

An aside: Let's indulge our if we were the devs and we didn't give no fucks how would we troll the playerbase fantasies here's mine.

Introduce JarJar as a character but make him one of the better ones in the game. Not essential, but very much worth having. Give him especially annoying animations and sounds. Make him only acquirable on accounts that have not had any money spent on them. When used in a fight he earns a special currency which can be redeemed in a shop that sells cosmetic only items, with some effort made to make them all look pretty cool.

A month or two after this make those same items (not JarJar though) available for, literally, thousands of real-money currency so the big whales that want to can also have them, and make a load of money for the game in the process. Make SURE they are cool looking items with absolutely no gameplay effect, just cool-looking.

Then after that, make one of JarJar's very top, most expensive pieces of gear have a property that enables these cosmetic items to be able to be disabled by the player using JarJar, so they can't see them if they don't want to. Watch the wales react with a pint and some popcorn and then make an official devpost on the forums to the effect of "it's only cosmetic, you can still see them, and it has no effect on the gameplay so stop being babies."

Thank you for reading the toilet musings of an envious plankton.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
I'm playing this dumb toilet game again, requested to join QuiGoonJinn as Oneavi. Should still be on the sheet.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

I've dropped Palp from my lineup because I was sick of his inconsistency with the aoe stun. Now back to using QGJ - the dispel helps with STH and RG (several teams in my top 20 run both) and he brings the damage buff as well. Wedge/Biggs/STH/QGJ/Lando.

Yeah, the speed is pretty BS. My problem with QGJ is that against faster STH/Palp teams, my QGJ gets stunned 70% of the time. This means that in 70% of battles, I give their team an overwhelming advantage that I usually can't come back from, especially if Lando gets to attack twice. Running AA lead Wiggs, Palp, STH, I usually lead with a Wedge AOE, Biggs calls in on Lando (usually) for insta-death (usually), then STH taunts, and Palp shocks STH. I've got about 70% potency without Palp lead, so unless they've poured a lot of tenacity into STH (they usually pump speed and potency), I get a shock on STH and am then guaranteed a win. If their STH goes first, I'm unlikely to ever win. Doesn't matter if I run QGJ or not, I just can't win. Also, the extra tenacity from AA's leader isn't useless in this situation.

Cactus posted:

My A-squad is Phasma lead, RG, Daka (for those sweet, sweet stuns), Genosian Soldier and either Lumi/Talia/JediConsular, or my very recently acquired QGJ if I feel I can do without a decent healer.

So yeah, if you were me, whadda ya plan be?

:words:

Once you start hitting Gear level 7 heroes, healing becomes significantly less important. I mean, gear 8 is the big milestone for protection, but gear 7 is when you start getting some. Additionally, there are a bunch of heroes with heal block. With the meta as it is right now, I would recommend farming STH (arena) and Lando (Cantina battles). Once you get those two, I'd work on 88 (arena) and a couple other scoundrels -- but just get them good enough to do credit heist. This is super important. I cannot stress enough how important credit heist is in this stupid game. I think the max level credit heist requires 4* heroes to participate, so you really just need to get whomever to 4*. STH and Lando will pretty much carry you through the event. I think I run Lando, STH, 88, Dengar, Chewie. Cad Bane is also easy to star up, but absolutely sucks. If you just need filler he is a lot easier than Dengar.

From there, round out your arena squad with Ackbar (arena), Wedge (cantina battles), and Biggs (GW). Biggs isn't all that worth it until you also have Wedge, so in the mean time finish out Phasma, Lumi, Teebo, etc. I'm running 4 rebels right now in my top 10 arena squad -- the only people I lose to are whales that spent a lot of money obtaining mods. Speed is the only stat on mods that actually matters. I mean, crit damage helps with the murdering, but speed is more important.

Lol at the trolling. You should post that to Reddit though...

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

:words:

Lol at the trolling. You should post that to Reddit though...

Advising a man to go on Reddit. Harsh, man, harsh.

Thanks though, the rest was good I'll get on it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Mal, what if you dropped Palp for Lando? That was the team I was considering since my Palp is only 5*.