Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Aztecs? What are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Technowolf posted:

Aztecs? What are you doing?

They decided to explore in the other direction, so what :colbert:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Converter stuff in this DD:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-26-considerable-converter-capabilities.972157/

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Yeah!! Megacampaign time comin

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Immortal carries over!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Darkrenown posted:

Immortal carries over, yes.

Well, great. Now I have to turn it into a megacampaign. Lead my people to victory in WWII as a twelve hundred year old god-king.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My desire for an immortal Saoshyant is only increased by this. Even though, well, I don't actually have EUIV yet.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I really can't decide whether to continue my England save from pre-Reaper's Due or just start a new save. Will I actually get the cool new content without my game breaking if I continue my save?

I'm tempted to try that CK2 Map Randomiser, too, but I don't know if you'd lose much cool stuff by playing with a procedurally-generated culture and stuff.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

This diary is exactly what I was hoping for.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Anyone know what the story is when someone in your realm usurps your title? Not sure what happened, was playing as Basileus of Byzantium and got the message that someone (an unlanded uncle) had usurped the title of emperor. Now I'm just count of everything sans Constantinople and the emperor title seemingly out of nowhere. I imagine it was a plot (no factions were threatening) but the complete lack of feedback on what happened is a little jarring.

Only relevant message in log is 30 March, 925: Basileus Konstas III (not me) has usurped the title Byzantine Empire from Count Anthimos of Constantinople.

Edit: No explanation beyond that in the popups/game log so utterly confused. Guessing it's some Intrigue focus thing but still, could use some feedback there.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 3, 2016

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've seen that happen too since Reaper's Due came out and I'm certain it has to be some kind of bug. Usurping titles is supposed to be for taking over titles from other realms that they no longer qualify for (because you just conquered all the de jure territory). Within a realm titles should only be changing hands either through faction claims against the liege, or usurping from another equal rank lord under the same liege.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I've got an issue with the UI. When you're building retinues, or raising levies, there's a little up-arrow icon inside a circle, that can be either blue if it's enabled or gray if it's disabled. I might be a little colorblind but I often have a hard time telling these two apart. Is there a mod that changes those colors/icons?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I've seen that happen too since Reaper's Due came out and I'm certain it has to be some kind of bug. Usurping titles is supposed to be for taking over titles from other realms that they no longer qualify for (because you just conquered all the de jure territory). Within a realm titles should only be changing hands either through faction claims against the liege, or usurping from another equal rank lord under the same liege.

That's what I'm thinking. Nobody died, no factions were threatening (or really active even), and obviously you can't usurp your liege's primary title.

I'll just chalk it up to open beta weirdness and wait for the next patch to drop I guess. Sucks though.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Just won a prepared invasion of Trebizond, pledged fealty to the emperor and converted to feudal. Kinda at a loss as to where to go next. I just got done with an Armenian empire game so expanding east seems boring. Maybe make the Black Sea my pond and conquer my way up to Crimea? Reforming the faith is probably out of the question, and I've already played messalian...maybe I'll go for Paulician? They seem really strong. I'm excited tho, the HRE actually formed and a bunch of schism events have been happening so I'll finally get to see Chalcedonian Christianity split!! It didn't happen last game because lollardism took over Europe and the split apparently doesnt happen if chalcedonian is a heresy.

Anyway yeah this is CK2Plus. Ideas please.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

After Groogy's understandable bitching ITT about this functionality/community behind it, I thought you guys wouldn't bother much with this at all.

But yaaay. I can have a 1000-year immortal character playthrough now potentially.

Now I just need to get EU4. :v:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
You can do a lot fairly painlessly when people manage to convince management to have the CK2 team do an actual Converter update sprint instead of "Force Groogy to do overtime". It's also something that simply had to be done since RoM is changing the tech system so much, but we managed to get some other nice things in there too.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Wait, what's all this about 'institutions' instead of tech groups? I glanced at the information on the upcoming DLC that apparently exists, but I didn't see any mention of that.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Big changes:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-26th-of-may-2016.937696/

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Huh. Neat.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I basically never play EU4 except for converted games for some reason, so I'm really intrigued by a lot of this (as long as the tech issues with the converter are looked into, like the surprising amount of trouble it has assigning culturally-localised names in CK2 to their matching EU4 tags/idea sets) because it seems to genuinely be able to reflect so many more of the ways in which a few centuries of CK2 can run everything completely off the rails - though part of that is that with Development and Institutions EU4 is now in a much better position to be able to reflect that.

Granted a few centuries of CK2 will usually also make the player an unstoppable superpower but hey, there's always Ming China and the converted Sunset Invasion empires to make things interesting?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Only in Wales...

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Heck yeah, precisely the kinda thing I wanted for when the new EU4 DLC drops. I was buying it already, but now it is an even more sure thing.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dallan Invictus posted:

I basically never play EU4 except for converted games for some reason, so I'm really intrigued by a lot of this (as long as the tech issues with the converter are looked into, like the surprising amount of trouble it has assigning culturally-localised names in CK2 to their matching EU4 tags/idea sets) because it seems to genuinely be able to reflect so many more of the ways in which a few centuries of CK2 can run everything completely off the rails - though part of that is that with Development and Institutions EU4 is now in a much better position to be able to reflect that.

Granted a few centuries of CK2 will usually also make the player an unstoppable superpower but hey, there's always Ming China and the converted Sunset Invasion empires to make things interesting?

Honestly I find even when I turn into a crazy juggernaut in CK2 the converter does weird things with vassals and I end up not really being too overpowered anyway. One game I went from Kiev to the Russian Empire in CK2, controlling eastern europe and the entire steppe region, and then in the converted game it basically had me as this weird mish-mash of Kiev + some other random provinces, some vassals, and then half of my realm had become independent for some reason?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

This game sometimes. My possessed leprous lunatic werewolf king rode out in a boat at age 48 and killed a god, giving him a martial score higher than anyone else in the known world. He ended up dying of terminal leprosy while burning Capua to the ground yet again.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
If I can make a request Darkrenown, could the naming pattern for founder-named dynasties be made moddable? Right now it's hardcoded so that it's always an -id suffix which works okay for Arabic cultures but not so great for everyone else.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

binge crotching posted:

This game sometimes. My possessed leprous lunatic werewolf king rode out in a boat at age 48 and killed a god, giving him a martial score higher than anyone else in the known world. He ended up dying of terminal leprosy while burning Capua to the ground yet again.

29 is the highest in the known world? Is Jesus not currently giving anyone military advice?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Skellybones posted:

If I can make a request Darkrenown, could the naming pattern for founder-named dynasties be made moddable? Right now it's hardcoded so that it's always an -id suffix which works okay for Arabic cultures but not so great for everyone else.

Rurikid? Not sure who else they could add

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The Indian subcultures just use the dynasty name straight up, which is good, because "Palaid" would just be terribly inconvenient.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Sheep posted:

Anyone know what the story is when someone in your realm usurps your title? Not sure what happened, was playing as Basileus of Byzantium and got the message that someone (an unlanded uncle) had usurped the title of emperor. Now I'm just count of everything sans Constantinople and the emperor title seemingly out of nowhere. I imagine it was a plot (no factions were threatening) but the complete lack of feedback on what happened is a little jarring.

Only relevant message in log is 30 March, 925: Basileus Konstas III (not me) has usurped the title Byzantine Empire from Count Anthimos of Constantinople.

Edit: No explanation beyond that in the popups/game log so utterly confused. Guessing it's some Intrigue focus thing but still, could use some feedback there.

Do you have a save before it happens? Would be nice to see what's going on.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Rurikid? Not sure who else they could add
-ing? Karling, Knýtling(a), Aetheling, and so forth. It'd be really useful for early Germanic cultures.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
-Ingas for Anglo Saxon maybe.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Darkrenown posted:

Do you have a save before it happens? Would be nice to see what's going on.

Sadly not before it happens in that instance (I was playing on ironman) but I just saw it happen again to Byzantium in a Leon game I started last night.

I'll keep an eye and try to reproduce in a couple of days but in both cases where I've been paying attention it has occurred to Byzantium, so maybe something to do with emperor level titles now?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I don't think I have a save, but twice since I came back to CK2 for Reaper's Due, I've uncovered plots of a duke to usurp my sole Kingdom level title as a king so its not just an emperor thing unless I am misunderstanding when plot usurps are supposed to be valid.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, I could also usurp random titles I had claims to every now and then, dunno if it's related.

Not all the time though, it would pop up every now and then, then go away.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Have they changed it so that Merchant Republics can't get Popegold? I've been +100 with three different popes, and they all turned me down.

You might've just been super unlucky? I think it normally says "maybe" however much the pope likes you, and it pretty much just flips a coin. I've had him refuse, reloaded a save and he handed over the cash the second time around.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Looks like CK2's got some fans:

https://twitter.com/pdxinteractive/status/783303833116110848

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
In my last two games there has been no cooldown between laws. I can implement as many laws as I want with no 10 (5) year cooldown. Both games were with a tribal nation. One of the games in the latest beta patch and one was with standard game. No mods. Is this a bug or did something change?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lmao what the hell

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
The Reaper's Due seems to work great with my old save! Already got measles in Kent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Connie probably makes nationalist posts on the pdox forums.

• Locked thread