Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I hope this shuts up huhi haters. This guy carried in playoffs had most mvps(for clg) in regular split and playoffs.

He gets solo killed by Jensen or Bjergsen sometimes but he still is a monster in teamfights and great teamplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Huhi: "Want to see a magic trick?"

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

Imagine if tsm didn't get a free ban against clg's AS

they still would have won the series (probably at 3-1 instead of 3-0) ???????????

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

what's interesting about A Sol is that Flys Sol was the first champ in pro play to play the hextech frosty belt, and it looks like Huhi is using it too. i don't think any other champs have ever used the item in pro play. ever.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
That 1v1 :stare:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ulio posted:

I hope this shuts up huhi haters. This guy carried in playoffs had most mvps(for clg) in regular split and playoffs.

He gets solo killed by Jensen or Bjergsen sometimes but he still is a monster in teamfights and great teamplayer.

He's having a good game. This does not automatically just remove all the valid criticism when he's not playing a single champion holy poo poo lmao

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

ArbitraryC posted:

Imagine if tsm didn't get a free ban against clg's AS

They would have destroyed them anyways, let's be serious here, Rox is no TSM. The gap is closing but the boys from the Bay had a big head start.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

even the sun shines on a dogs rear end

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow... Hope they give "huhi" a raise... he's the best player in the world.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Smeb's Poppy ults have been really underwhelming

rabidsquid posted:

what's interesting about A Sol is that Flys Sol was the first champ in pro play to play the hextech frosty belt, and it looks like Huhi is using it too. i don't think any other champs have ever used the item in pro play. ever.
I recall seeing a Lissandra, of all champs, building it but I don't know who

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow... Hope they give "huhi" a raise... he's the best player in the world.

drat...

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
A Haiku

lose to wild card first

beat the world's best team second

God Bless the NA

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hahaha "CLG's strategy: Lose one game to the wildcard to give the korean #1 seed false hope"

ok you win this round, casters

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

11 kills in Huhi Kills is like 55 for another player, so this might be the greatest game ever played

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
Why would they reactivate AS on the last day of week 1? Why not wait for week 2? Hrmmmmm

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

AttackBacon posted:

They would have destroyed them anyways, let's be serious here, Rox is no TSM. The gap is closing but the boys from the Bay had a big head start.

Im just saying people literally made fun of me itt for saying tsm getting a free 3 game ban against AS was significant and here he is against the 2nd place at last worlds and one of the expected contenders for this worlds absolutely carrying.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I hope flash wolves win, it means we'll have zero 3-0 teams and that's pretty cool actually

Also: LMAO Europe 1-8, best region ever

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

ArbitraryC posted:

Im just saying people literally made fun of me itt for saying tsm getting a free 3 game ban against AS was significant and here he is against the 2nd place at last worlds and one of the expected contenders for this worlds absolutely carrying.

You sound crack peeved mate

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

in this scenario you propose instead of A Sol being disabled is he immune to bans, and also TSM can't beat CLG without four bans

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

CLG was playing like poo poo and got loving stomped and they used the bootcamp to the best that they could. Just because Sol would have been up during the NA playoffs does not mean CLG would have even won that game.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
CLG, ANX, ROX 2-1

G2 0-3

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Cant wait for skt to go 6-0 in groups and win all their series 3-0 or 3-1 on the way to finals, which they will win.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Has there ever been a team more aptly named than Counter Logic Gaming? No, except for their perennial counterparts in the greatest rivalry in sports, Team Solo Mid.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Rox should've lost 2 games of 3 so far. Congrats to SKT for winning Worlds, I guess?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Turns out I really really really wanted to watch that game after all

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Ulio posted:

Huhi could be better on AS than any mid is on anything - if you can beat huhi with one of your bans, it's not terribly impressive.

But poo poo this game was crazy. This worlds is crazy. It's almost so ridiculous that I can't even get excited about upsets at this point. Anyone beats anyone, apparently.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

curiousCat posted:

CLG, ANX, ROX 2-1

G2 0-3

whats their best theoretical place now? tiebreaker for second?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Huhi is a Korean mid-laner born in France so obviously CLG just relying on imported mid laners????

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Asema posted:

He's having a good game. This does not automatically just remove all the valid criticism when he's not playing a single champion holy poo poo lmao

He carried on Syndra/Vlad/Malz too on playoffs? His viktor and Ryze have been also very good. The only champion that he is really bad on is Azir. I am not saying he is the best midlaner in NA or anything like that but he plays his role very well in this team. Nowhere as bad as the community makes him out to be. His 1v1 laning is definitely weak though but he manages to circumvent it a lot of times.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

RealFoxy posted:

Huhi is a Korean mid-laner born in France so obviously CLG just relying on imported mid laners????

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

curiousCat posted:

CLG, ANX, ROX 2-1

G2 0-3

RNG, SSG, TSM 2-1

SPLYCE 0-3

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

i know you're joking but he's got to be the worst import since Avalon

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
Huhi will never play rear end in a top hat again this tournament but God bless him. CLG are my boys and I'm so happy rn. ROX was so absurdly cocky with their pb, next game will be way harder. (CLG feed off negative energy so I am giving them my strength)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Flanky posted:

Huhi will never play rear end in a top hat again this tournament but God bless him. CLG are my boys and I'm so happy rn. ROX was so absurdly cocky with their pb, next game will be way harder. (CLG feed off negative energy so I am giving them my strength)

At least his opponents will actually have to use a ban against him :)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Cant wait for skt to go 6-0 in groups and win all their series 3-0 or 3-1 on the way to finals, which they will win.

it really does feel like this is coming doesn't it

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

whats their best theoretical place now? tiebreaker for second?
A scenario where everyone goes 3-3 is still possible, right? But yes, realistically they are fighting for 2nd, and even then they are relying on the matches they aren't in to go a certain way.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Huhi's syndra the other day was horrible dude, come on

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Dragongem posted:

I hope flash wolves win, it means we'll have zero 3-0 teams and that's pretty cool actually

I've consulted my spreadsheet library and the stats do actually skew to FW's favor in the matchup

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Dang if only Rox had held on a little longer and their no crit adc, malhz against 4 QSSes, tank top laner, and no hydra reksai could have farmed up and turned it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's sort of funny that SKT already knowing their problems playing with Duke and their jungle issues is somehow a strength. They didn't even look that great in summer and their weaknesses mean they should have angles you can attack from but they've gotta be the odds on favorite right now

• Locked thread