Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So, how have we not had any polls this weekend? I feel like this should have been prime time for tons of post debate polls, but I can barely remember any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

PhazonLink posted:

Who lied? Donnie or the son?

Also what are the chance Donnie passed on his crazy genes to his sons(Especially the 10 year old, holy lovely having kids after 40 already has elevated risk, never mind 60)?

It's Donnie who says that Eric is 6'6".

Presumably he knows the height of his own son.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

How much is that Obama getting older vs being president?

It's definitely both which is why those before/after President shots always feel disingenuous to me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Glumslinger posted:

So, how have we not had any polls this weekend? I feel like this should have been prime time for tons of post debate polls, but I can barely remember any

I believe that a bunch were thrown out because they want to redo them to take into account this weekends bombshell.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Thank you.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Cythereal posted:

Not really weird, I think. Most everyone in this country knows the wealthy are corrupt and enjoy all sorts of tax breaks, but they don't like being reminded of it. This is a one-two punch of Trump losing almost a billion dollars and not paying taxes for twenty years, both of which are awful optics for Trump.

Also, remember that Trump's big red button is his money. He can excuse most things if he tries, but he always goes ape when someone goes after his finances and especially any suggestion that he's ever lost money or didn't earn his money.

It's all this and more.

Trump, is also advocated more tax cuts for the rich. He's suggesting he needs tax breaks when he already pays little or nothing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

size1one posted:

It's all this and more.

Trump, is also advocated more tax cuts for the rich. He's suggesting he needs tax breaks when he already pays little or nothing.

He wants to be able to fire a few of his accountants and still not have to pay any taxes

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

size1one posted:

It's all this and more.

Trump will cut taxes so hard that the IRS will be paying him.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

lozzle posted:

Trump will cut taxes so hard that the IRS will be paying him.

That's been the gop goal for years.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I'll find it extremely hilarious if Wikileaks drops something vaguely inferring/outright claiming Hillary had an affair after Trump just told a rally "Well, who'd blame her?"

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I just had dinner with a bunch of arzying liberals, someone give me some good news to wash it away.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I just had dinner with a bunch of arzying liberals, someone give me some good news to wash it away.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering the Trump tax story is still dominating the main headlines on every single news site.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Check out any national news webpage.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

BearDrivingTruck posted:

The polls? All of them?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

What the hell are they arzying about? The polls are showing Hillary's pretty well ahead now.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

iospace posted:

Arguably unethical, but that being said, it's one thing to "not pay any taxes", and entirely different thing to "not pay taxes because you utterly suck at business when your entire image is built around it."

That said:
https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/782767557271023617

Every election, someone should get 2-3 people who look like the newly elected president to spend the next 4/8 years just drinking and smoking hard. I want to see the difference.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If you're still Arzying right now then you're not going to be satisfied by anything anyone tells you. Trump has gotten dunked on for an entire week. What more do you want?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
My dad is one of the world's premier Arzyers

The 2004 election broke him

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...UQbL?li=BBnb7Kz

I guess the NYT has decided they need to go with both sides are the same anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MickeyFinn posted:

Every election, someone should get 2-3 people who look like the newly elected president to spend the next 4/8 years just drinking and smoking hard. I want to see the difference.

Where are they going to find someone who looks like Donald Trump?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Post the map.

Hey wait a second.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Svanja posted:

I'll find it extremely hilarious if Wikileaks drops something vaguely inferring/outright claiming Hillary had an affair after Trump just told a rally "Well, who'd blame her?"

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know. I suspect this program will work better with younger presidents, like Obama.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Have you read the news the last week?

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Ask your doctor about increasing your Benzos.

It helped for me.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Bad Moon posted:

Have you read the news the last week?

I mean, on the off chance that something happened between 4:00 this afternoon and now. But,

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Check out any national news webpage.

This works.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ImpAtom posted:

Roll an old fat guy around in a giant vat of Cheeto dust?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hillary Clinton is not assured a victory but at the moment she is willing in almost every poll and IS winning in every poll actually worth a drat, despite the fact a lot haven't yet adjusted for the post-debate. In addition Donald Trump has had what may be one of the worst weeks any political candidate has ever had short of death or actual arrest. Donald Trump has terrible ground game and is literally relying on Wikileaks to drop some sort of SECRET DOOM in order to have any significant chance to reversing the narrative.

There are 2.5 debates to go so there's always room for things to shift but at the moment things are very much in HIllary Clinton's favor and there is nothing anyone can do to make them more in her favor.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
well if chips christie is helping trump prep for the next debate, i'm sure that he'll give donny boy plenty of good advice on how to bridge the gap between him and the voters

edit: i just realized i typoed christie's first name but that's too funny to fix

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ImpAtom posted:

Alec Baldwin?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The only thing to arzy about at the moment would be the NYT article I posted a bit above about 'Doesn't it look like Clinton intimidated the ladies Bill hosed?'

And if that doesn't become a full month of similar stuff it'll amount to nothing.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...UQbL?li=BBnb7Kz

I guess the NYT has decided they need to go with both sides are the same anyway.

Did somebody die and make Maureen Dowd the editor of the New York Times?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Night10194 posted:

The only thing to arzy about at the moment would be the NYT article I posted a bit above about 'Doesn't it look like Clinton intimidated the ladies Bill hosed?'

That's been floating around for a while and any Trump surrogate would have a very hard time threading the needle to not come off sexist as hell bringing it up and :lol: at that having a chance at happening.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Night10194 posted:

I'm finding it hard to believe anyone would read something about Hilary getting pissed at the women Bill cheated on her with and go "oh wow she was out of line for those mean words."

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

If you're still Arzying right now then you're not going to be satisfied by anything anyone tells you. Trump has gotten dunked on for an entire week. What more do you want?

I think Hillary's going to win and win handily, but she's ahead by about 5 points, not 30. Polls where she's losing do exist. This is far from locked down.

Edit: The person I was quoting beat me to my own point...

Qwazes fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 3, 2016

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Another thing that's been bugging me: Trump and his minions keep saying that he released some of financial documents that allegedly show more information that tax returns would. If that's the case, then what would be the worry about releasing his tax returns?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

On Terra Firma posted:

I'm finding it hard to believe anyone would read something about Hilary getting pissed at the women Bill cheated on her with and go "oh wow she was out of line for those mean words."

Yeah I don't get the "these women who knowingly slept with a married man are victims of his evil bitch of a wife :qq: " narrative.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

On Terra Firma posted:

Someone's forgetting the Clinton Rules.

Like I said, I doubt it'll go anywhere if it doesn't become a 3 week hitjob like the AP piece, but Clinton Rules are real.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ImpAtom posted:

Not in the White House, that's for loving sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I mean, on the off chance that something happened between 4:00 this afternoon and now. But,

This works.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/782776659111997440

• Locked thread