Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

mabels big day posted:

I'd like Malva to crush me beneath her heel.

There's doujins for that son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

hmm

same

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LEGO Genetics posted:

There's doujins for that son
Doujinshi, son.

:sad:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So was she actually legit part of team flare and that reveal was cut, or is it just a popular fan theory that fits in the game? I'd love if some of the elite 4 were involved in stuff like the gym leaders in gen 5.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

PSWII60 posted:

So was she actually legit part of team flare and that reveal was cut, or is it just a popular fan theory that fits in the game? I'd love if some of the elite 4 were involved in stuff like the gym leaders in gen 5.

It's explicitly revealed that she was with Team Flare during that post-game saga with Looker and Emma.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

She was a legit member of Team Flare. I think it's literally just stated outright.

She doesn't actually do anything in the main story though. But I want to say she makes an appearance in the Looker story.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zuzie posted:

It's explicitly revealed that she was with Team Flare during that post-game saga with Looker and Emma.

She even tells you to beat the bad guy of chapter five and goes on a little rant about how Team Flare had honor unlike that member.

Malva posted:

[...] The Expansion Suit was created by Dr. Xerosic. I can see that name means something to you. You remember him, I take it. ...One of Team Flare's scientists. This brings me to my request, young man/lady. Make sure Xerosic disappears. I don't care how. If you need a reason, call it honor among thieves... Even we in Team Flare had our sense of pride. You may have disagreed with us, but we were doing what we thought right. I won't let him sully our honor now.[...]

and this is all in the post-game after Lysandre tried and fail to literally destroy most of Kalos' population as well as all pokemon. At least the anime made her sensible and had her switch sides after the massive destruction

actually, i can't remember, did anything even happen to the team flare grunts? did anybody receive any sort of comeuppance for the literal genocide attempt??

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 3, 2016

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
November 18th can't get here soon enough.

It will be awesome because I will be playing one of these

While listening to this

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

She even tells you to beat the bad guy of chapter five and goes on a little rant about how Team Flare had honor unlike that member.

and this is all in the post-game after Lysandre tried and fail to literally destroy most of Kalos' population as well as all pokemon. At least the anime made her sensible and had her switch sides after the massive destruction

actually, i can't remember, did anything even happen to the team flare grunts? did anybody receive any sort of comeuppance for the literal genocide attempt??

the grunts almost certainly could have all gotten plea bargains if not outright immunity for ratting on the higher ups, but i bet thats not good enough for you you neocon scum

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mandatory lesbian posted:

the grunts almost certainly could have all gotten plea bargains if not outright immunity for ratting on the higher ups, but i bet thats not good enough for you you neocon scum

A public figure and also Elite 4 member is essentially going around telling people that Lysandre Was Right and she is allowed to walk free and spread misinformation about Team Flare (such as never, ever, saying anything bad about them on air) and the science-man only got arrested by Looker at the end for unrelated crimes to Team Flare.
THESE GUYS LITERALLY GOT AN ANCIENT DEATH RAY TO ALMOST FIRE, EXPLICITLY TO DESTROY MOST OF THE POPULATION AND ALL POKEMON. I'm not saying public executions but a scene of these people being sent to jail would've been nice, instead of Serena going "they were kinda right, but meeting in the middle is the correct answer"

How they handled Team Flare is sorta crazy.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
There are no police in Pokémon land.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Doujinshi, son.

:sad:

You wanna be threatened with a good time or not?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Pokemon Shuffle question: How are you supposed to beat Milotic?

I can't see that as anything other than "holocauster"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
malva is just a dummy who paid 5 million pokecash for a lovely club

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't remember who Malva is

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1g5iPdwTL4

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

A public figure and also Elite 4 member is essentially going around telling people that Lysandre Was Right and she is allowed to walk free and spread misinformation about Team Flare (such as never, ever, saying anything bad about them on air) and the science-man only got arrested by Looker at the end for unrelated crimes to Team Flare.
THESE GUYS LITERALLY GOT AN ANCIENT DEATH RAY TO ALMOST FIRE, EXPLICITLY TO DESTROY MOST OF THE POPULATION AND ALL POKEMON. I'm not saying public executions but a scene of these people being sent to jail would've been nice, instead of Serena going "they were kinda right, but meeting in the middle is the correct answer"

From what I've seen of the people of Kalos the police probably brought her in for questioning and once completed let her off with polite applause.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Team Flare was pretty awful.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The one grunt that does the stupid pose every time is pretty great.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
europe's pokemon league is really soft on crime, were there even any police in the game? every other region had some.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Cuntellectual posted:

Pokemon Shuffle question: How are you supposed to beat Milotic?

I can't see that as anything other than "holocauster"

Bring Feebas

And yeah, it's called that so that when you realized it yourself you can tell your friend about how Lysandre is totally Hitler and then they say to you that their mind was just blown.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, I don't get what they were trying to do with the genocide group getting treated as legitimate either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dexie posted:

Team Flare was pretty awful.

I liked their grunts.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Elfgames posted:

europe's pokemon league is really soft on crime, were there even any police in the game? every other region had some.

Just Looker. Who's a member of the international police.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Follow the call of Arceus.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

2016HOOPA

Get ya'll a djinn

E: the prison bottle is in the pokemart, talk to the dude with hoopa in your party to get it btw

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 3, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The more I look at the poster the less sense it makes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

2016HOOPA

Get ya'll a djinn

E: the prison bottle is in the pokemart, talk to the dude with hoopa in your party to get it btw
Are they redoing all the giveaways I missed? Might actually fill out my loving Pokedex before S&M. Thanks for the heads up!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Pentaro posted:

Follow the call of Arceus.

Wait a second, is that Ash's head cropped onto a recolor of Kotomine Kirei?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Tell me; have I missed Genesect? I missed him in gen five after years of wanting a bug legendary and my life has been pretty crazy this year. I hope I didn't miss him again!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

genesect is last in december i think, after meloetta next month and keldo now

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Looks like I have to pay attention then. Thanks!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm not sure but I think Genesect might actually be next month's distribution, re-ordered for no real reason other than making him a special GameStop boy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alxprit posted:

I'm not sure but I think Genesect might actually be next month's distribution, re-ordered for no real reason other than making him a special GameStop boy.
That's what the calendar on my phone says. I remember I had to reorder some of them, so yeah, probably Genesect.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh according to pokemon20.com genesect is next month yeah. train on

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
This month GameStop is giving out Volcanion too

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
That 2016HOOPA code still works even if you got the McDonald's one too. Double the Hoopa, double the fun.

FishBulb posted:

This month GameStop is giving out Volcanion too

That starts Oct. 10 for the US, anyway.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How do the GameStop distributions work? Do I gotta like... buy something?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Sockser posted:

How do the GameStop distributions work? Do I gotta like... buy something?

No, just ask for a code card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Sometimes you have to go inside and ask for a card. Most times they don't care. Other times you can creep in the parking lot with your DS out and download them.