Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/782770554252234752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakkro
May 29, 2015

The opening theme to Westworld is pretty great. The image of mesas blended into an iris is real cool.

Also, spoilers.

worst ever at ping-pong
Jun 11, 2010

Ahhh I remember lichess. Play me at chess baloogan

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

*Larry the Cable Guy Voice*: "Let's pop open a couple Bud Lights and talk about the finer points of a conservative economy. Git' 'Er 'Dun! (buy my merchandise)"

Wasn't there an article including Larry the Cable Guy that had the line, "and he then said that we need to do this (paraphrased)" or something similar that cracks me up every time I think about it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mlmp08 posted:

I can quit whenever I want.

that rock waited for thousands of years for its chance to impale an idiot base jumper

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

C-SPAM's moderation philosophy is best summed up, I think, by the ever eloquent Viv Savage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrhzX3dRRiI

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zakkro posted:

I suppose. But this new one is young. So. He's gonna introduce the Vatican to dank memes?

Dank memethan's dank vatican

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

worst ever at ping-pong posted:

Ahhh I remember lichess. Play me at chess baloogan

no im drunk and vain and i suck and u know how to play atomic?

im getting my classic chess game to the point where im not embarrased to chess but i can atomic chess okay

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

its pretty self explanatory

protip: use :chloe: at people saying innocuous statements and watch them slowly lose their poo poo and finally snap and go "what the gently caress is your problem?!! what did I say?!"

it works offsite really well actually :o: I do it with the mmo hmo goons occasionally

lastgirl the hmo mmo is not off-site, its another forum on this website

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

TheOneOutside posted:

Yoko Kanno does good music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtOcuUTfwU

I found this one way back in the napster/scour days and it was horribly mislabeled like everything is and didn't even realize it was training me to be a weeb until it was too late

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

drat i know this guy is a bad poster but he's kinda cute

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Bill Mitchell's Twitter is an illustration of every stage of grief played out simultaneously.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

the end of evangelion, and the third reboot movie, are both good

ehhhhh...

"End of Evangelion" has a lot of really, really cool moments (chief among them the "komm susser tod" sequence) and almost succeeds, in my mind. But there's too much of Anno going "waaaaaah the fans complained too much about this series, so gently caress YOU ALL:qq:" Stuff like posting crayon drawings of IRL savagely abused children, because "only they know how i feel, maaaan." That's something I don't have much patience for when it comes to entertainment (or art).

worst ever at ping-pong
Jun 11, 2010

No but I just googled it and it sounds fun. I'll play that or classical or blitz or whatever, chess is good. I can finally justify that wasted time watching Ben Finegold videos

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

one time i clicked on a link in fyad and there it was, mccaine's dong, for the world to see

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Powerball is not a real girl. Powerball is a markov chain bot raised on a steady diet of 17 year old sad girl tumblrs.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Coolguye posted:

lol how much money do you make if you go on vacation and don't work

Whatever sells in my shop while I'm gone, I guess. Also whatever I'm earning in royalties.

Fer real though it's silly to say "I own a small business" when you really are just self-employed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Majorian posted:

ehhhhh...

"End of Evangelion" has a lot of really, really cool moments (chief among them the "komm susser tod" sequence) and almost succeeds, in my mind. But there's too much of Anno going "waaaaaah the fans complained too much about this series, so gently caress YOU ALL:qq:" Stuff like posting crayon drawings of IRL savagely abused children, because "only they know how i feel, maaaan." That's something I don't have much patience for when it comes to entertainment (or art).

to me the 3rd movie actually took an inverse, he was going "The fans like this TOO MUCH, gently caress everyone"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If you go home with someone and find our they're a bad poster, DON'T gently caress THEM!

- John waters

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Powerball is not a real girl. Powerball is a markov chain bot raised on a steady diet of 17 year old sad girl tumblrs.

scoop if true

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hoo boy, there are some photos he took that you might want to see then.:gonk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

i want a [HU-MON] boyfriend

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yinlock posted:

to me the 3rd movie actually took an inverse, he was going "The fans like this TOO MUCH, gently caress everyone"

i haven't seen any of the reboot, but i can definitely believe it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

So who is power ball and what drove them to digital terrorism

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Al! posted:

one time i clicked on a link in fyad and there it was, mccaine's dong, for the world to see

hmmmmmmmm, not sure if i wanna see but i love looking at dicks so i guess i do wanna see unless its really hosed up

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kanno is interesting in that she's like a Gilded Era architect in that she will often just go completely off the rails and deliver whatever the gently caress she pleases and feels is best, and the director just takes it and runs with it, adding whole new scenes for them, because they're so good

For Cowboy Bebop, she did a lot of the soundtrack suuuuuper early in production

in short:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

there were naked photos posted of him back in the day. he's a qt fer sure. also a stalin apologist if i recall correctly but a sexy one.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Majorian posted:

hoo boy, there are some photos he took that you might want to see then.:gonk:

oh no is he the dude who like did slavery cosplay or whatever

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the only anime I really sat down and played/watched was persona 3 and 4 tbh. probably some low level animes to many of you connoisseurs itt

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Majorian posted:

i haven't seen any of the reboot, but i can definitely believe it.

basically 2nd movie does something unexpected and super rad, 3rd movie is entirely dedicated to making GBS threads on it

like multiple characters literally say "that awesome thing you did that i was cheering you on for at the time was actually bad and so are you"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

if memory serves, it was mccaine's dong, while he was tied up with a ball gag in his mouth, c/d?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Bill Mitchell's Twitter is an illustration of every stage of grief played out simultaneously.

come election night that dude is going to single-handedly outdo fox news' fantastic 2012 meltdown and i cannot wait

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
stalin apologists good in bed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

worst ever at ping-pong posted:

No but I just googled it and it sounds fun. I'll play that or classical or blitz or whatever, chess is good. I can finally justify that wasted time watching Ben Finegold videos

https://lichess.org/oYJ4PYDF

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

the only anime I really sat down and played/watched was persona 3 and 4 tbh. probably some low level animes to many of you connoisseurs itt

when you think about it, professional wrestling is a form of anime

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

hmmmmmmmm, not sure if i wanna see but i love looking at dicks so i guess i do wanna see unless its really hosed up

it was some light bondage and i don't think he consented to them being posted so it's probably rude to seek them out imho

e: only mentioned the light bondage in case you thought that was really hosed up, which it isn't.

Zelder posted:

If you go home with someone and find our they're a bad poster, DON'T gently caress THEM!

- John waters

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

even if you hate anime you should watch FLCL, it's free on youtube and very good. something for everyone!

full disclosure: I think 99% of anime is dumb and pulls too heavily from the same shallow well of devices, which is why I like the weird and genre subversive ones I guess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

there were naked photos posted of him back in the day. he's a qt fer sure. also a stalin apologist if i recall correctly but a sexy one.

i can handle stalin apologia if someone's cute

i can handle a lot fo bad things in a relationship if the persons cute hahahaha

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

oh no is he the dude who like did slavery cosplay or whatever

i think you're thinking of Zeitgueist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

even if you hate anime you should watch FLCL, it's free on youtube and very good. something for everyone!

full disclosure: I think 99% of anime is dumb and pulls too heavily from the same shallow well of devices, which is why I like the weird and genre subversive ones I guess

anime is like every other medium, it has good and bad things and 90% is real bad

• Locked thread