Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i still can't believe they slipped an episode thru the censors where she 'maxes on screen

was that the computer game or the irish rape ghost?

or both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Panty Saluter posted:

i...do not recall that

sure you do. it's the one where she goes to her grandmother's funeral and a ghost comes out of a candle and has sex with her.

oh, pardon me,

quote:

not a ghost but an anaphasic lifeform that's been using her grandmother as a host in order to maintain molecular cohesion. She's scanned the candle and it turned out to be plasma based, used only as a receptacle in order to merge with Crusher, her grandmother, and those who came before them.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Sub_Rosa_(episode)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 3, 2016

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Panty Saluter posted:

i...do not recall that

I think it was the one where she was fooling around with some space alien that pretended to be a 18th century ghost. He had carried out affairs with all the members of her family. It was a super weird episode.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Potatoes O'Brian dude, he did the teleporty zap and shooty.

you dis my dog you fluff my hog

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think they also showed troi gettin off at least once but i may be mixing that up with the episode where she is raped and impregnated by an energy being and literally no one cares

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Thomas Riker visited the station. You know that Riker clone whatever the gently caress? Got me thinking. All I do here is disassemble people to their literal deaths and then send their information to be rebuilt elsewhere. I'll step into the transporter, and get my signal but prevent the dis-assembly. Then just start using that signal as the input and make copies. Hundreds of copies. All Miles. Finally I will have someone who understands me. Someone who likes me.

[update]
I have made a terrible mistake. I don't like myself at all. It's all over. I am all over. The copies don't stop, something is wrong and they continue to materialize. Deep Space Miles. The crew is dead. Keiko was copulated with to death. The food is gone. All we eat now are the new clones. The new O'Briens. As they fade into existence their last thought is "Did it work?" before they are descended upon by the ravenous hordes of vaguely maybe Irish depressives.

[update 2]
I don't know if I am the original Miles. But I am the last. I am alone; the final O'Brien. All others have fallen by my hand or by my hunger. I am god of Deep Space Miles. The Federation hails. I refuse. None shall set foot upon my sacred ground.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i think they also showed troi gettin off at least once but i may be mixing that up with the episode where she is raped and impregnated by an energy being and literally no one cares

Which is a separate episode from that time she's mind raped by some ambassadors aid to keep her from using her empathic powers and finding out his secret or something. It happened a lot.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wait, there was mind rape in the next generation too? i can only think of the episode in Enterprise where t'pol is vulcan mind raped and gets vulcan mind HIV.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush posted:

sure you do. it's the one where she goes to her grandmother's funeral and a ghost comes out of a candle and has sex with her.

oh, pardon me,

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Sub_Rosa_(episode)

oh yeah, kinda vaguely. weird poo poo

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

wait, there was mind rape in the next generation too? i can only think of the episode in Enterprise where t'pol is vulcan mind raped and gets vulcan mind HIV.
there was so much telepathic rape in tng it happened to troi in one of the tng movies

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

The one I'm thinking of was titled "Violations" http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Violations_(episode)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

there was so much telepathic rape in tng it happened to troi in one of the tng movies

Yeah Violations was specifically about sexual experiences being forced on her but if you define it as "any unwanted telephatic experience" it happens all the loving time.

Two more off the top of my head: the "TWO EYES, IN THE DARK, ONE MOON CIRCLES THE OTHER" episode (which was great), and the one where that weird old couple were the only inhabitants of this suspicious planet broadcast some awful music box noise in her head.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ADINSX posted:

Two more off the top of my head: the "TWO EYES, IN THE DARK, ONE MOON CIRCLES THE OTHER" episode (which was great)

so FUN STUFF i went to look up this episode, which sounds neat, even though it is about rape.

and this is the main image on the page, which i lol'd at, so i clicked on it it to rehost

but when the window popped up, for the screenshot of the episode about rape, i saw

:chloe:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

Thomas Riker visited the station. You know that Riker clone whatever the gently caress? Got me thinking. All I do here is disassemble people to their literal deaths and then send their information to be rebuilt elsewhere. I'll step into the transporter, and get my signal but prevent the dis-assembly. Then just start using that signal as the input and make copies. Hundreds of copies. All Miles. Finally I will have someone who understands me. Someone who likes me.

[update]
I have made a terrible mistake. I don't like myself at all. It's all over. I am all over. The copies don't stop, something is wrong and they continue to materialize. Deep Space Miles. The crew is dead. Keiko was copulated with to death. The food is gone. All we eat now are the new clones. The new O'Briens. As they fade into existence their last thought is "Did it work?" before they are descended upon by the ravenous hordes of vaguely maybe Irish depressives.

[update 2]
I don't know if I am the original Miles. But I am the last. I am alone; the final O'Brien. All others have fallen by my hand or by my hunger. I am god of Deep Space Miles. The Federation hails. I refuse. None shall set foot upon my sacred ground.

cool fanfic

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

shiiittttt

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

so FUN STUFF i went to look up this episode, which sounds neat, even though it is about rape.

and this is the main image on the page, which i lol'd at, so i clicked on it it to rehost

but when the window popped up, for the screenshot of the episode about rape, i saw

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

that is not colm meaney lol

no its whil wheton geez, poo poo got rough once people stopped going to his fark fan pages

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

wil tucks into yet another wings and beer at hooters, knocking over a stack of empty chicken limbs and mutters to himself 'damnit wesley'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wil Wheaton posted:

On this particular afternoon, Darin and I walked down Colorado Boulevard, following the same route as Pasadena's claim to annual fame, the Tournament of Roses Parade. We passed The Cheesecake Factory, several trendy Japanese noodle houses, and walked straight into Hooters.

Hey, Darin was engaged, and I'm married. Sometimes a guy's gotta know if he still has it.

We walked in ahead of the lunchtime rush, so we could sit wherever we liked. Through a speaker above us, Bob Seger rhetorically asked, ain't it funny how the night moves? We looked around the mostly-empty restaurant, and chose the section with the hottest waitress in the joint.

As we took our seats, our waitress came over to our table: a cute-but-not-beautiful girl in her early 20s. Bleached-blonde, fake tan, long legs. Hooters. Her name tag said “Destiny.”

She flirted with us as she took our order, all smiles and giggles. We ordered wings. Super Fire Hot, baby.

She stood up, and left to put in our order. Darin and I stared at each other, grinned, and exchanged a mental high-five. We still had it, and it felt good.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

ahahahahaha

poo poo

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ETCh0tFRc

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

westworld is really good guys u should watch it

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Fayez Butts posted:

westworld is really good guys u should watch it

yeah i caught it tonight and it is, but i haven't seen the original movie or read the book and i feel like i should probably do one of those before i get too into it.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssss

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Oh of course

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

owned from the posting grave

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Linux Pirate posted:

yeah i caught it tonight and it is, but i haven't seen the original movie or read the book and i feel like i should probably do one of those before i get too into it.

neither have I and well, eh...

I get the feeling that this show is gonna diverge quite a bit from the previous works, especially after the writers spent extra time and effort to at least outline the show through season 5. Ed Harris' character in the original movie was apparently a rogue android who went around killing humans instead.

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 3, 2016

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lmao

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

everything about this video is perfect

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fayez Butts posted:

neither have I and well, eh...

I get the feeling that this show is gonna diverge quite a bit from the previous works, especially after the writers spent extra time and effort to at least outline the show through season 5. Ed Harris' character in the original movie was apparently a rogue android who went around killing humans instead.

theres a bit that i need to rewatch since i think someone mentions they hadnt had an incident in over 30 years, which sounded like it connects this back to the original theme park

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sapozhnik posted:

oh cool does this one have an extended gag in the middle about how murdering sex workers in horrifying ways is the funniest poo poo ever because that is so loving epic :xd:

no but he does go on a tangent on how the diverse cast was obviously a corporate decision and wasn't needed because it never bothered non-white children in the past and uses footage from a 1977 kenner commercial with a black kid playing with an obi-wan figure to prove his point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/QXoloHq.mp4

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Mouth Boys lookin' good!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

vOv posted:

am i the only one that doesn't know what movie/tv show the non-tayne parts are from

you owe it to yourself to watch actually the worst tech scene in film history, and it was p. recent

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

tasty kicks

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

no but he does go on a tangent on how the diverse cast was obviously a corporate decision and wasn't needed because it never bothered non-white children in the past and uses footage from a 1977 kenner commercial with a black kid playing with an obi-wan figure to prove his point.

jesus, I just closed the tab

gently caress that bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

welcome to venice! this will be your last meal!

• Locked thread