Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
This is great because the kind of people who would vote for Trump, probably wanted us to kill Assange during the Wikileaks debacle.

It'd be something else if he was an American citizen, but Australian? Open season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Seriously, the guy she said that about is a huge douchebag working for the Russians.
She didn't say this about Obama/Bernie/Trump/whoever she's running against.

Only makes me like her more.

Edit: Like, is this the reason he didn't want to announce it from the balcony? He thought he was going to get drone-striked? Give me a loving break.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 3, 2016

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
That Wikileaks tweet is already being rebroadcast on Facebook by the usual suspects.

Sorely tempted to respond with #ImWithHer, but don't really feel like getting into an argument today.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

There's no way the sentence "can't we just drone this guy?" isn't meant as a joke. And a drat funny one too.

It's a more proper punishment for a rapist than a couple months in jail too.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Harrow posted:

There might be more, but also I could see people taking that badly. Probably not a big enough negative wave to counter the post-debate bump, but definitely enough to dominate online conversation for a while. Like, it plays perfectly into the whole "Clinton has people killed if they're a threat to her politically" narrative, and this time with a tiny, tiny drop of substance.

Gonna go out on a limb and say no one cares except people who were never voting for her in the first place. It's not anywhere near weapons-grade.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
While I think Wikileaks have "something", I'm going to guess its something of a personal nature - medical records, or emails that suggest an affair.

When you look at Trump's antics on Saturday and look at who he has surrounded himself with, I wouldn't be surprised if people in his circle were tipped off to the nature of the leak and nudged him to go off on that tangent.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

TyrantWD posted:

While I think Wikileaks have "something", I'm going to guess its something of a personal nature - medical records, or emails that suggest an affair.

I would not be at all surprised if this was the supposed "bombshell". Assange is narcissistic and delusional enough to think that Hillary joking about shoving a Hellfire up his rear end would have earth-shaking implications. Besides, that blowhard Roger Stone was hinting that the revelation would lead to Clinton's "arrest", which doesn't seem like the sort of thing you would say about medical records or some tawdry sex thing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oh noooo Hillary Clinton told a tasteless joke, how terrible.

Like if anyone thinks Hillary Clinton actually intended to drone strike Julian Assange, a person who never goes near anywhere that drone strikes happen, they're the most berned out of bernouts.

"Oh, that Julian Assange guy who lives in London? Yeah we're definitely going to drone strike him in the middle of Trafalgar Square. That is a thing that America would totally do."

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

HannibalBarca posted:

I would not be at all surprised if this was the supposed "bombshell". Assange is narcissistic and delusional enough to think that Hillary joking about shoving a Hellfire up his rear end would have earth-shaking implications. Besides, that blowhard Roger Stone was hinting that the revelation would lead to Clinton's "arrest", which doesn't seem like the sort of thing you would say about medical records or some tawdry sex thing.

The Roger Stone wing of the Republicans think Hillary should be arrested for jaywalking.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The most offense I could muster is that it's sort of a reflection of how blase people treat drone strikes nowadays that "can we just drone strike this dude?" is now a joke.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Oh noooo Hillary Clinton told a tasteless joke, how terrible.

it just proves how aggressive and warmongering she is

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Krispy Kareem posted:

This is great because the kind of people who would vote for Trump, probably wanted us to kill Assange during the Wikileaks debacle.

It'd be something else if he was an American citizen, but Australian? Open season.
I'm all for killing Assange if we can get away with it. I'm sick of his little albino-rat face and Putin toadyism.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

The most offense I could muster is that it's sort of a reflection of how blase people treat drone strikes nowadays that "can we just drone strike this dude?" is now a joke.

This was already evident five years ago when Obama joked about drone striking the Jonas Brothers during a Correspondents' Dinner.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

Is this what they were meant to release this week?

That's pretty weak.

Hahaha, when it can't even rile up this guy, ya done goofed Wikileaks.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's absolutely no reason for political assassination. The things he's done are protected by law, even though he's an unethical piece of poo poo self promoting probable rapist whose irresponsibility has ruined and ended lives.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The site is getting hammered and is the document confirmed real? I doubt it is.

Taking it at face value she wasn't joking according to the document and advocating for assassinations is bad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Of course, the top story Asange was teasing for months is a self insert Mary Sue fan fiction! What else could it have been? Seriously that reads like a text Tedd Rall would write.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Taking it at face value she wasn't joking according to the document and advocating for assassinations is bad.

She's been described as having a very dry sense of humor. You'd have to be literally Ted Rall to think she was serious about droning Assange.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

There's absolutely no reason for political assassination. The things he's done are protected by law, even though he's an unethical piece of poo poo self promoting probable rapist whose irresponsibility has ruined and ended lives.

assange didnt rape anybody and hes a loving hero exposing government corruption. the way you guys poo poo on snowden and assange is revolting yall love tyranny it seems

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

assange didnt rape anybody and hes a loving hero exposing government corruption. the way you guys poo poo on snowden and assange is revolting yall love tyranny it seems

Snowden and Assange aren't the same thing.

And yes when the girl tells you to wear a condom and then you take it off and gently caress her that is rape, if you don't think so you're a piece of poo poo.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

WampaLord posted:

She's been described as having a very dry sense of humor. You'd have to be literally Ted Rall to think she was serious about droning Assange.

Yeah, when the fanfic is all "she didn't smile or laugh about it but kept going after people laughed" I realized they thought that was the smoking gun when keeping the joke going like that sounds completely in character for her.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Of course, the top story Asange was teasing for months is a self insert Mary Sue fan fiction! What else could it have been? Seriously that reads like a text Tedd Rall would write.

"Can't we just drone strike this guy?" Clinton asked, sinisterly. "His handsome face and success at sleeping with many women makes me, a woman who has been cheated on and is ugly and bad, upset."

The room laughed but stopped when it became clear Clinton was serious.

"Julian Assange is the handsomest man on the planet and also a big sexy stud who leaked government secrets and made us look bad and revealed how Vladimir Putin is the best and Russia is the best and I definitely want to 100% seriously assassinate him for real," said Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, evilly. "And it would be super easy to do with my magic witch powers just like I killed Vince Foster."

Her aides squirmed uncomfortably.

Halfway across the world, Julian Assange woke up in bed next to three naked women who were all 9s or 10s and not like a Cleveland 9 which is actually a New York 5, but like Swedish 9s and 10s who had just gotten off a hard day's work as starters on the Swedish beach volleyball team.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hillary wasn't serious about bombing Assange mainly because she isn't a loving moron and knows the concept of bombing someone in England is completely loving ridiculous on the face of it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WampaLord posted:

Ah yes I see now if we assume the story is real She of course was just carrying on the joke for too long. She truly is an awkward goon.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean, is this really a "leak," though? I wonder if this is just something that came up that involves Wikileaks and so they shared the story, with their actual leak coming later (as rumored).

If this is what they're counting as a "leak" these days, they're even less connected to reality than I thought. Upon reading the whole thing, it's basically just "Hillary Clinton attempts dark humor, doesn't quite land the delivery."

Rookersh posted:

Reminder, we can actually see if the US asks other countries for extradition rights ( because we need to press charges and we.....haven't ), and they've never given a single poo poo about Assange. The Swedes are the only ones that ever wanted him, and they only wanted to talk to him about the rape charges. Which by the way they offered multiple times to go visit the Embassy to meet with him in person to serve him, so he'd never have to leave the Embassy, and he told them to go gently caress off, and that he was such a gift to women he couldn't have raped them, because his dick is magical.

That's actually a really good point. You'd think we'd have attempted to have him extradited if we actually gave half a poo poo.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
"Can't we just drone this guy?" is a dumb and gross thing to say that will not have any effect on the election.

Not as dumb and gross as when Obama joked about drone striking boys who took his daughters on dates at the White House Correspondents' Dinner a couple years ago.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

vyelkin posted:

"Can't we just drone strike this guy?" Clinton asked, sinisterly. "His handsome face and success at sleeping with many women makes me, a woman who has been cheated on and is ugly and bad, upset."

"Julian Assange is the handsomest man on the planet and also a big sexy stud who leaked government secrets and made us look bad and revealed how Vladimir Putin is the best and Russia is the best and I definitely want to 100% seriously assassinate him for real," said Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, evilly. "And it would be super easy to do with my magic witch powers just like I killed Vince Foster."

Halfway across the world, Julian Assange woke up in bed next to three naked women who were all 9s or 10s and not like a Cleveland 9 which is actually a New York 5, but like Swedish 9s and 10s who had just gotten off a hard day's work as starters on the Swedish beach volleyball team.
Hehe Thanks for that! The sad thing is that this is literally what he believes. "I have millions of trusted followers. Once I make it clear that Clinton doesn't actually like me, all of America will hate her."

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Drone Striking Assange would be a great moment in world history

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

vyelkin posted:

:vince:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well of course not as dumb and gross. The Jonas brothers are us citizens, Assange is a foreign national, is a big difference.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

straight up brolic posted:

Drone Striking Assange would be a great moment in world history

Isn't he getting kicked out of the embassy in 2017?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want a drone to fire a missile in his window, and then the tip of the missile opens up and a flag that says "BOOM" pops out.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Next time he appears on the balcony I want someone to throw a paper airplane at him and when he picks it up and unfolds it it is a printed picture of Hillary Clinton's face and underneath it says "Just kidding! Love, H"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Anyone other than Trump who talks about having a drone strike London is obviously joking.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
This is somehow significantly more nothing than Wikileaks' usual output of nothing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Seriously though. If that was all Assange had to "leak" he might be a bigger narcissist than Trump. But to be fair, he lives in social isolation in a tiny room. It's not actually surprising to get mad under those circumstances. He doesn't really have anyone who would look at such stuff critically and ask: "Julian do you really think that this is as earth shattering as you claim?"

But maybe it was just a false flag´operation to lure us into thinking we are safe. The real news might drop soon. Any day now. :tinfoil:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

People in tyool 2016 believe that hillary clinton sincerely wanted to murder assange via air strike as opposed to what is clearly a very dry joke

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

Holy gently caress. Trump's entire campaign is based on tyranny. That's literally his platform: Fascist tyrant rule.

Assange didn't loving expose anyone - he was just goddamn lucky enough that Chelsea Manning passed the documents to him and not, you know, to LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE. And I don't think most here view Snowden in the same vein - if Snowden had only limited himself to the domestic spying bit, I'd call him a flat-out hero. Given what he did, I think he should still probably come in from the wilderness and get some kind of relatively minor sentence (you know, for treason) in Club Fed-esque prison for leaking the foreign espionage bits.

Assange isn't a hero - he's the worst kind of Putin dicksucker.

Hillary's hardcore and more hawkish than someone like Bernie, but she's seen the flames of geopolitical strife firsthand and that tends to make you reach for the stick first instead of the carrot. That said, it's laughable that we'd use a drone strike on a piss stain like Assange - if that's the bar, Nigel Farage should stay indoors too, I guess. And probably those French fascists. And most of Greece?

I still think this is either Mary Sue fanfiction or some bullshit joke completely out of context. Trusting WikiLeaks now is like trusting Putin to maintain world peace because they're the same people.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
I don't think that drone thing is the story they've been hyping up. They didn't post it on their own site, it's super weak, and it's a day early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Seriously though. If that was all Assange had to "leak" he might be a bigger narcissist than Trump. But to be fair, he lives in social isolation in a tiny room. It's not actually surprising to get mad under those circumstances. He doesn't really have anyone who would look at such stuff critically and ask: "Julian do you really think that this is as earth shattering as you claim?"

But maybe it was just a false flag´operation to lure us into thinking we are safe. The real news might drop soon. Any day now. :tinfoil:
The worst part is there's nobody for him to rape in that room. Poor guy.

• Locked thread