Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

IcePhoenix posted:

Also he was good

Yeah it's easy to forget after how bad the Mania stuff and his I Quit match with Cena was but the first month or so of Miz's reign had some great promos and the far-better-than-it-had-any-right-to-be Lawler feud. That's something that will make me always appreciate Miz: there was a moment, just for a second in that TLC match, where I genuinely wanted to see Jerry Lawler win the WWE championship and I don't think I'm the only one, and I don't think that many people could pull that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
yeah i mean its not like Lawler is an all time great or anything

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

All time great or not I still hated the man and I don't think there's many wrestlers you could have put in Miz's position that'd make me want to see Lawler win anything, let alone the world title, in 2010.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Yeah I don't think anyone wanted to see Jerry Lawler, WWE Champion in 2010. Hell, in 2000. You can like a person and still think they don't deserve the top belt in the company. So if Miz made you feel that way, he's really drat good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

no one ever gives lawler any credit for that feud

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

So what you're saying is a very good wrestler did a great job of putting over a young talent.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Miz did a great job with Lawler and Cm Punk couldn't. Check mate IWC.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Stanfield posted:

Yeah it's easy to forget after how bad the Mania stuff and his I Quit match with Cena was but the first month or so of Miz's reign had some great promos and the far-better-than-it-had-any-right-to-be Lawler feud. That's something that will make me always appreciate Miz: there was a moment, just for a second in that TLC match, where I genuinely wanted to see Jerry Lawler win the WWE championship and I don't think I'm the only one, and I don't think that many people could pull that off.

I just wanted to go back and watch that beautiful match....and the drat network is still working on uploading the more recent years of RAW.

But yeah, Miz was something new, he had a character, and there was hope he'd be a new thing. We didn't know what would happen, both in booking and showing his weaknesses as a performer.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

rare Magic card l00k posted:

So what you're saying is a very good wrestler did a great job of putting over a young talent.

that is in fact what im saying. Granted that led to the cole/lawler feud sooooo

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

didn't he crack alex riley in the jaw? i will give anyone credit for doing that

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I don't remember the riley one but he destroyed dibiase jr at one point

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Christ, that feud. It dominated entire shows, lasted way too long and by the time Wrestlemania came around they gave the match about thirty minutes and not only got in offence, he won.

Jerry Lawler having to sell for Michael Cole was a shitshow. Should have just been kick piledriver pin never see Cole again.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Did that feud even have an ending? I remember them just going back to regular commentary until Lawler had his heart attack and Cole turned face.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stanfield posted:

Did that feud even have an ending? I remember them just going back to regular commentary until Lawler had his heart attack and Cole turned face.

Michael Cole won the feud.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Stanfield posted:

3 matches, ended in a kiss my foot. Not enough catharsis, and heel Cole continued to be the worst.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
It took Lawler literally almost dying to kill off heel Cole.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In less than a week, the Dolph Ziggler will lose and be sent away and will never again bother me with his meager existence

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

In less than a week, the Dolph Ziggler will lose and be sent away and will never again bother me with his meager existence

Dont jinx it man! Im not ready for IC-less Miz and Ziggler with the IC belt.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 3, 2016

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd pay to see Ziggler get hosed with a belt

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

If this build of Ziggler losing title match after title match was for him to actually win the IC title, despite not deserving it in any way, shape or form, I'm going to throw a baby tantrum and go back to Raw.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Ziggler is absolutely winning that belt folks

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Efexeye posted:

Ziggler is absolutely winning that belt folks

He won't. The Miz is too hot right now and I will drain all of Dolph's chi with my psychological magic

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Vaguido posted:

If this build of Ziggler losing title match after title match was for him to actually win the IC title, despite not deserving it in any way, shape or form, I'm going to throw a baby tantrum and go back to Raw.

your loss

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
If Dolph wins it's gonna be like "duh, of course he was going to win", but right now I'm really not confident about that at all, which given how unequivocal they were in establishing that this won't be a bullshit retirement is really a testament to the quality of the build, or at least to the fact that Miz is on such a tear right now that even when his opponent is faced with life-or-death consequences it's hard to comprehend them deciding to end his run.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'd pay to see Ziggler get hosed with a belt

:what:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

good make ziggler ic champ forever!

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Ziggler has a lot of other things he could do other than wrestle. Like be off my loving TV. Or come back as Nicky as a loophole and be an evil heelish cheerleader. Anything other than Ziggler winning would be more satisfying.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Sara Lee got released over the weekend, continuing Tough Enough's long and proud tradition of the winners doing fuckall in the company.

But I thought nobody didn't like Sara Lee.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

hes been screaming his promos so hard, you guys, he has to win

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I watched that movie where Ziggler is a cop and Rusev points a gun and I liked Ziggler in that more than I've ever liked him in wrestling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

But I thought nobody didn't like Sara Lee.

Blake likes her, I guess.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Is it possible Sara Lee asked to be released because of pregnancy? I know that's generally giving too much credit to WWE but still.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

NameHurtBrain posted:

It took Lawler literally almost dying to kill off heel Cole.
Wasn't there no commentary for the rest of the show after Lawler had his heart attack?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Accident Underwater posted:

Is it possible Sara Lee asked to be released because of pregnancy? I know that's generally giving too much credit to WWE but still.

Of course

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://giphy.com/gifs/l2SpRv87vCK7Uj3a0 Miz is the greatest Ic champ ever. I hope he ends Ziggler career.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Wasn't there no commentary for the rest of the show after Lawler had his heart attack?

No, I remember people giving Cole a ton of credit for handling the rest of the show by himself

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I think it was only one match that didn't have commentary

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Had to cross post this from another thread. It's a video link of Cena vs Edge from 2006.

It shows just how bad it used to be and how the Roman Push really hasn't come close. Because nothing can touch the disconnect from reality that was the Cena Era. The commentary team talks about how EDGE sucked up to everyone in Canada to get a pop, and then say he manipulated events so he could come out first and make the crowd more likely to boo Cena. I had to stop watching because I was starting to get flashbacks.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvn8io_edge-vs-john-cena-tlc-wwe-championship-match-unforgiven-2006_sport

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://uproxx.it/2dmUNRf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

"This is the first time I've ever heard anyone cheer this guy" (about Edge)

Hahaha.

• Locked thread