Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it will happen. the "cinimanic universe" poo poo is loving bubble ready to burst. the thing is Disney (for now) is the ones that will probably survive simple because of quality and name recognition. I think people are definatly sick of reboots and rehashes though.

Did Sony give up on their plans for a Spider-man universe? They kind of went about it backwards, instead of making a bunch of characters that could carry their own films and putting them into a mega-blockbuster, they took the one blockbuster they had and planned to make a bunch of spinoff films from it. But then Spider-man 2 wound up overloaded with minor villains and side-characters which resulted in them losing money, and who knows if that Venom film is still in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dunno about Snake, but Ocelot is most definitely gay for Big Boss. Like, it's canon.

e:

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
Man, the comments on the Plinkett review are depressing. It feels like ever since they went out against Ghostbusters, a bunch of alt-right shitheads have decided that they are fans (even as RLM's videos call them out for being shitheads).

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

e_angst posted:

Man, the comments on the Plinkett review are depressing. It feels like ever since they went out against Ghostbusters, a bunch of alt-right shitheads have decided that they are fans (even as RLM's videos call them out for being shitheads).

You just reminded me of the part with all the made up youtube channels and i laughed all over again. that part was hilarious, i'd watch reviews from "every movie is terrible"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

e_angst posted:

I like how RLM isn't capitulating to the regressive media narrative, they still make mildly racist jokes and use the word "tranny." If having a few actual racists in the comments section is the price to pay, so be it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The new review made fun of triggers and had the racist joke, but at the same time it didn't have any of the violence against women the previous Plinkett reviews did

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Politics are dumb and make you dumb.

At least on the bright side, all the insane PC poo poo of the 90s blew over so maybe by 2020 people will be allowed to make jokes and have a sense of humor again. It seems like more and more people are getting tired of self-righteous indignation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

je1 healthcare posted:

Did Sony give up on their plans for a Spider-man universe? They kind of went about it backwards, instead of making a bunch of characters that could carry their own films and putting them into a mega-blockbuster, they took the one blockbuster they had and planned to make a bunch of spinoff films from it. But then Spider-man 2 wound up overloaded with minor villains and side-characters which resulted in them losing money, and who knows if that Venom film is still in the works.

Yes, Sony actually came to the realization that what they were doing wasn't clicking with audiences and actually decided to team up with Marvel Studios so now Spider-Man is back to being part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He's getting a new movie next year and it will have RDJ in it as Iron Man.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Libelous Slander posted:

You just reminded me of the part with all the made up youtube channels and i laughed all over again. that part was hilarious, i'd watch reviews from "every movie is terrible"

Its called.... Cinemasins :smug:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

reignofevil posted:

i tried to watch one of those videos and his voice gave me a hangover

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Guy Goodbody posted:

it didn't have any of the violence against women the previous Plinkett reviews did

i reverse my decision. this new video was garbage.

oh wait, the pizza phone scene kinda redeemed it

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

reignofevil posted:

I watched the two "Everything Wrong With 'Everything Wrong With _____'" videos by shesellsheshells
I ended up blocking cinemasins channel so that youtube would never recommend me about him.
Cinemasins has no business as a film critic, his jokes are terrible, he's too stupid to follow a marvel movie...
I think the worst part is how he censors his swears but talked about jacking off and cumming to Black Widow, who he also was constantly negging and poo poo talking. This is pretty much the face of youtube movie criticism, and this poo poo far FAR shittier than anything RLM has ever done misogyny-wise since cinemasins is sincerely a creep.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Plinkett, the internet phenom, commenting on other internet phenom is fair. I think they wanted to nip the prequel apologetics in the bud. Makes sense as they were the epicenter of criticizing the prequels.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The "which Star Wars characters are gay" reel was hilarious.

Also making fun of Cinema Sins, Screen Junkies, Nostalgia Critic, Schmoes Know, Kevin Smith, Jeremy Jahns, etc. will never get old.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I watched the two "Everything Wrong With 'Everything Wrong With _____'" videos by shesellsheshells
I ended up blocking cinemasins channel so that youtube would never recommend me about him.
Cinemasins has no business as a film critic, his jokes are terrible, he's too stupid to follow a marvel movie...
I think the worst part is how he censors his swears but talked about jacking off and cumming to Black Widow, who he also was constantly negging and poo poo talking. This is pretty much the face of youtube movie criticism, and this poo poo far FAR shittier than anything RLM has ever done misogyny-wise since cinemasins is sincerely a creep.

1. Shesellssheshells is trash

2. Cinemasins guys are very open about how their videos are not supposed to be deep or really even legitimate film critique, they're just for fun

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
One time I watched a shells shells shells (edit- apparently this isnt his name. It stays.) video and then I made a joke on twitter and he actually responded.

That oughta tell you everything you need to know.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

One time I watched a shells shells shells (edit- apparently this isnt his name. It stays.) video and then I made a joke on twitter and he actually responded.

That oughta tell you everything you need to know.

Same but I quoted someone calling Jeremy Jahns "criticism easy mode" and he blocked me instantly.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
fine whatever
i thought it would be safe to say "i experienced youtube channel indirectly and didn't like it" in a red letter media thread, and i don't see how "smug shithead makes bad jokes" is "fun", but whatever, dont want to argue. I especially don't want lets play forum drama dragged in. next thing you know someone is going to pop up and start explaining that the prequels were actually good movies unfairly criticized and also bring up some other board drama.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Politics are dumb and make you dumb.

At least on the bright side, all the insane PC poo poo of the 90s blew over so maybe by 2020 people will be allowed to make jokes and have a sense of humor again. It seems like more and more people are getting tired of self-righteous indignation.

Sure, right after the broken brains actually racist and sexist and gaybashing people stop thinking that people making tasteless jokes are on their side. It's like joking about rape in front of a real rapist, the rapist is going to think "Ha ha ha, we rapists amirite?".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I do not care what an internet video man says or doesn't say about women, it does not affect my life in any meaningful way

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

Sure, right after the broken brains actually racist and sexist and gaybashing people stop thinking that people making tasteless jokes are on their side. It's like joking about rape in front of a real rapist, the rapist is going to think "Ha ha ha, we rapists amirite?".

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, but you seem mad about something

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, but you seem mad about something
Poe's Law except worse

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I think he's saying that if you make a mean joke some retarded anime nazi online will be like "yay one of us" and then you have to tell them to gently caress entirely off because altright faggots are too gay to not be retarded and don't understand irony.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I think he's saying that if you make a mean joke some retarded anime nazi online will be like "yay one of us" and then you have to tell them to gently caress entirely off because altright faggots are too gay to not be retarded and don't understand irony.

Yea, like at least in the 80s when you had poo poo like white supremacists showing up at punk shows because they thought the music was on their side they could get the poo poo kicked out of them and be dissuaded of that notion. And unfortunately because the internet still lacks the "punch someone through the screen" feature it's harder to get rid of an infestation of nazis before it ruins your whole forum/comment section.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

See, it's not a hard concept to understand if you don't have donkey brains.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

RICH evans

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Was it jay playing JJ?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Randarkman posted:

Was it jay playing JJ?
Tim Higgins as JJ Abrams

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I liked mike pointing out that the plinkett videos created a genre of cynical youtube reviews where you didn't have to mug to a camera half the time and opened up the medium for ugly people.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like the Pewd school of YouTube personalities came about after the Plinkette reviews but I'm a crusty old millennial so what do I know.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

FedEx Mercury posted:

I feel like the Pewd school of YouTube personalities came about after the Plinkette reviews but I'm a crusty old millennial so what do I know.

So was his show of forced creepy stuff to make him scream taking off?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

See, it's not a hard concept to understand if you don't have donkey brains.

I'm a crocodile brain thanks

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Anyone wanna talk about Metal Gear?

What took you so long?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvev902D60I

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

FedEx Mercury posted:

when I saw mugging to camera I mean the avgn/nostalgia critic scum.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

dreezy posted:

when I saw mugging to camera I mean the avgn/nostalgia critic scum.

the avgn is a decent guy, he just unwittingly created a monster when all sorts of retards decided to ape his style.

I wish the nostalgia critic and all his fans would die in a fire though

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cinemasins was amusing for a few episodes bit it's so repetitive I unsubbed after forgetting and never clicking it in my sub box

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm one of the popcorn boys ama

im also a special guest on the "movies make me dead" podcast

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm one of the popcorn boys ama

im also a special guest on the "movies make me dead" podcast

Have you ever met MovieBlob?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
This Plinkett review was so bad I think they might have made it so people stop asking for Plinkett reviews. Every fandom is dumb and poo poo we don't need a 100 minutes to say that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
OK the pizza phone sex was fun

• Locked thread