Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

omg chael crash posted:

This comes out tomorrow for me -- give me some tips!

http://www.beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Warhammer:_End_Times_-_Vermintide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
dont get hit, in general

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

omg chael crash posted:

Play all of the characters and use all of their weapons.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Be like the wizard who finished nightmare drachenfels with over 1,200 damage taken and 5 deaths

She was level 120 (easily requires over 100 hours in the game, for most people probably around 200), played like complete trash both in terms of fighting rats and in making tactical decisions like botting back across the level after a gunner, absorbed all our health items healing her dumb rear end, used the fireball staff, and basically turned it into a challenge run where we only had 3 players and half the health items as usual. We somehow got out with all 5 books after a failure she caused by falling off the upper level of the statuette event for no reason, but god drat I have never seen such a bad player relative to their level

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

omg chael crash posted:

Stay together as a group, watch each others backs, and help incapacitated allies. Do these things and everything else will go fine (pubbies always run off alone).

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Digirat posted:

Be like the wizard who finished nightmare drachenfels with over 1,200 damage taken and 5 deaths

Haha, this is incredible.

For reference, a good target for Nightmare is ~300 damage taken for a long mission like Drachenfels. Occasionally I'll have a spectacular round and get out with something like 150, but that's usually more a credit to my team than to my own skill. You can go up to 400 and still be a fine team member, especially if you're helping everyone else's health pool out by tanking hordes and sucking up all the aggro by playing something mighty fighty like shield Dwarf or Soldier.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Polyseme posted:

Play all of the characters and use all of their weapons.

The elf doesn't count. Fuckin' knife ear.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How many different maps does the game come with? Does it work like that? I honestly don't know

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

dont get hit, in general

This is not nearly as reductive as it sounds. The single most important goal in combat is not to take damage. Taking damage to do damage is basically always a bad idea and a losing proposition. Defend yourself and your allies and control the enemy above all else, you'll work your way through killing them in time.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ooooh, that's good. Thank you

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Be the guy who looks behind the group and sees the rat coming up behind you.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

How many different maps does the game come with? Does it work like that? I honestly don't know

13 and 1 survival map, unless it includes drachenfels and scheusselschloss, which total 16 levels and 2 survival maps. Of those, 8 are full-length levels with tomes and grimoires. The others are shorter levels (10-15 minutes) and do not have tomes and grimoires.

Here's my list of tips

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The OP hasn't been updated in so long that we should maybe make a new thread for the console release, for console + PC. I can make the OP if need be. This will be the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8IU0qxgSco

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

In general it's always easier to watch your teammate's back than it is to watch your own. This is caused by the tendency for rats to run up and stab you in the back with insidious glee. In a good team, this means everybody covering each other all the time. On a bad to mediocre team it means you trying to watch everybody else's back while they complain about you falling behind.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Make sure to post about any bugs or 'other things' on the console version so we can all laugh about it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Man I'm kinda annoyed now, thanks to some screw ups involving my bank, enough delays happened with my pre-order that I won't be getting my copy till Thursday despite me paying extra for 1 day delivery

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Bogart posted:

The elf doesn't count. Fuckin' knife ear.

Play the elf so noone else can.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Having beaten the game on normal and trying on hard, I would just like to say holy gently caress stop giving me the dwarf shotgun, I don't need fourteen of these, give me a crossbow, any crossbow, I've been using the same basic white one since I started.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Having beaten the game on normal and trying on hard, I would just like to say holy gently caress stop giving me the dwarf shotgun, I don't need fourteen of these, give me a crossbow, any crossbow, I've been using the same basic white one since I started.

If you don't want to play dwarf correctly you should stop picking him. Doomdwarf or bust.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nanomashoes posted:

If you don't want to play dwarf correctly you should stop picking him. Doomdwarf or bust.

It seems so much shittier than instant killing stormvermin or gunners from range though.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It seems so much shittier than instant killing stormvermin or gunners from range though.

Sure, but it's more fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

RBA Starblade posted:

I've been trying to get a grudge raker for 50 hours.
Also the crossbow sucks you want the handgun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
DOOMDWARF demands that you cower in fear from packmasters (which have an 80% resistance to shotguns because gently caress you that's why) and use MAN AND A HALF PACK (strength pot) for stormvermin in the pursuit of being the coolest motherfucker in the room

but that is what you will be if you play DOOMDWARF. the coolest motherfucker in the room.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Melt things you don't want into rocks to tape to things you like.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I've been trying to get a grudge raker for 50 hours.
Also the crossbow sucks you want the handgun.

Dwarves get those? I've only ever seen shotguns.

quote:

Melt things you don't want into rocks to tape to things you like.

I am! I'd still like something else though.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

EDIT I misread a post

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

RBA Starblade posted:

I am! I'd still like something else though.

Well if you're really desperate you can use the shrine to turn rocks into random drops

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Well if you're really desperate you can use the shrine to turn rocks into random drops

I've been doing that too.

All grudge-rakers. :negative:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

You can also throw that white bow in a whole bunch of green rocks and get a green bow out of it. (apologies if you already have, it wasn't clear)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xthetenth posted:

You can also throw that white bow in a whole bunch of green rocks and get a green bow out of it. (apologies if you already have, it wasn't clear)

I didn't know this part! I will do that later, thanks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Try playing a different character equipped with bardin's loot trinket

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
So as someone who stopped playing at around 50 hours in right before they added all this crafting stuff and both DLCs whats the best way to dive back in? Was mainly a bright wizard player.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Tokubetsu posted:

So as someone who stopped playing at around 50 hours in right before they added all this crafting stuff and both DLCs whats the best way to dive back in? Was mainly a bright wizard player.

You boot the game and you kill rats.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

Get in goonintide and kill some silly rat men? What else would the answer be?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Several times now I've noticed stormvermin patrols at the early big descending staircase in enemy below, that just sort of...go away. Each time it's happened we've backed up after seeing them climbing the stairs, and then they don't sound like they're getting closer anymore. When we go back to the top of the staircase they're nowhere to be found and the marching sound eventually stops. We never bump into them marching the other way or anything. Where do they go??

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they got a nice sushi place down there

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
AMA going on right now, one choice quote:

quote:

Hi, we have released a number of patches as well as a couple of DLCs. Some free and 2 paid. All of this is included in the console version now. The paid DLCs release was the Last stand levels and the Drachenfels dungeons. The free ones includes the shrine, new weapons and one last stand level. We are releasing a free DLC i October on PC that will come to consoles later this year. We also have another larger DLC in production that we can release later this year. The basic game had 13 levels. The console game that include DLC levels up until now has 18 levels. Then of course some DLCs has taken much longer to finalize. As an independent developer we underestimated the testing needed to update a game with so many players as Vermintide.

Of course I'll believe it when I see it but I am desperate for more content.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well it is nice of them to break silence at least. Hopefully once they get the console version up to parity the updates can start flowing again.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shouldn't the console version be equal right now? Other than that recent matchmaking patch I can't think of anything that might not be up to date on the console version, which would make the october release date realistic. But I'm definitely at the "believe it when I see it" point as far as fatshark time estimates go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The release date is October 12th, presumably it's pretty solid given that it's a week away.

• Locked thread