Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Bandire posted:

Xelkelvos still needs to be booted from Boiz but Jibo apparently isn't reading this thread or guild chat!

Sounds like a spot each for me and my buddy

:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Ya, I see a few folks with 0 trophies in Boiz, but it is Monday. I think we have a few inactives; Tabenya, StangSA, Adhesion and Zapatos - At this point, if you're less than a 1000 seals you're likely not playing much.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

porktree posted:

Ya, I see a few folks with 0 trophies in Boiz, but it is Monday. I think we have a few inactives; Tabenya, StangSA, Adhesion and Zapatos - At this point, if you're less than a 1000 seals you're likely not playing much.

Yeah Tabenya has precisely zero lifetime Seals collected. I don't want to pick on people that don't play a ton, but I think doing more than logging in and emptying the mailbox is a fair requirement.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

porktree posted:

Yeah I haven't been playing as much as I'd like. Stupid real life getting in the way and poo poo.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

As a new player (4 cleared cities, 2 more unlocked. currently running Maugrim so I can explore for Treant Traits) am I more useful dropping my gold on tasks or levelling up cities?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Don't spend any gold on tasks. Plow it all into improving your kingdoms. Blossums (and presumably Boiz also) has enough people contributing that new players don't need to worry about spending their own gold. Focus on building your economy. Maybe once you get all 25 kingdoms to level 7+, start putting 20-50% of your gold towards guild tasks.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Grundulum posted:

Don't spend any gold on tasks. Plow it all into improving your kingdoms. Blossums (and presumably Boiz also) has enough people contributing that new players don't need to worry about spending their own gold. Focus on building your economy. Maybe once you get all 25 kingdoms to level 7+, start putting 20-50% of your gold towards guild tasks.

Great, thanks.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Malt (LVLALTSA) are you still waiting on a spot? We have an opening in Boiz now. I sent you an invite but you are currently in a guild.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Bandire posted:

Malt (LVLALTSA) are you still waiting on a spot? We have an opening in Boiz now. I sent you an invite but you are currently in a guild.

Any hope of two more spots opening in the near future or should I look elsewhere for now?

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Bandire posted:

Sure do! Leaving it now.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Malt posted:

Sure do! Leaving it now.

Invite sent.

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Any hope of two more spots opening in the near future or should I look elsewhere for now?

Spots tend to open up for us one at a time. It's hard to say when we might have a couple.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I like The Dragon Soul, but I miss the control that Mab/Khorvash offers. I am also not really sure what I like in the third slot. Shadow Dragon is color blocked, but its ability is good for powering up Soul. Sheggra or Bone Dragon offer nice skull damage, but at the cost of extra souls (since Soul isn't the only offense). Dragonette offers some interesting utility and direct damage, but since it's new troop it is only at Ultra Rare and stuck at level 16. But it also grants some extra stats since that makes 3 troops from the new kingdom. Plus a fully traited Dragotaur has a 25% chance to summon a Dragonette on death, so it's worth traiting and leveling up.

I can across a killer defense team:

Gorgotha ***
Infernal King ***
Mercy ***
Sheggra *

Well that's the trait levels on my troops when I copied it. :v: Except the guy I attacked had more bonuses than I do to attack. Still, its a strong team that I couldn't outrun once it got going.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
The Dragon Soul team posted earlier is annoyingly vulnerable to the ubiquitous mana drain teams, but with a couple loops it can end matches even faster than them.
Shadow is definitely the weak link in that team, but I haven't found a better choice. Assuming you only use Celestasia's ability sporadically like I do, yellows usually go to him, making him generally useful once per match (besides his magic link). Shame Dracos is so expensive.

I tried the skull dragons, but like you said they kinda defeat the purpose. I've yet to try Dragonette. When does Dragotaur ever dies to warrant his third trait, though?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Rock Worm teams.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
The Dragon Soul team I've been running is Borealis*/The Dragon Soul*/Venbarak**/Emperina**. Ven and Emp help feed The Soul with their second traits, while Borealis slows down extra turn teams. Its been pretty effective but is going to be pretty expensive to fully trait out.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I've been doing:

Borealis ***
Sylvanimora ***
The Dragon Soul *
Dracos 1337 ***

Syl and DS tend to fill each other pretty well. Dracos is mana blocked, but his 4th trait procs pretty often when the other two explode gems. Syl's 3rd trait is also nice to have. Borealis is the weak link, but his 3rd trait requires him to lead so until I can trait Celestasia I'll keep him there.

Anyone have suggestions for a dragon to replace Borealis though? Preferably not one that uses red or purple, because this build requires DS to loop its ability.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Disillusionist posted:

I've been doing:

Borealis ***
Sylvanimora ***
The Dragon Soul *
Dracos 1337 ***

Syl and DS tend to fill each other pretty well. Dracos is mana blocked, but his 4th trait procs pretty often when the other two explode gems. Syl's 3rd trait is also nice to have. Borealis is the weak link, but his 3rd trait requires him to lead so until I can trait Celestasia I'll keep him there.

Anyone have suggestions for a dragon to replace Borealis though? Preferably not one that uses red or purple, because this build requires DS to loop its ability.

I've been using:

The Dragon Soul
Sylvanimora
Venbarak
Shadow Dragon

Abyssal Banner.

Scoop up some purple. Loop TDS until you win, capping off mana with shadow dragon or Sylvanimora as needed. Matches take about a minute.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The Dragon Soul single handedly made dragon teams good again.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
If you have trouble finding a set of 4 dragons, I recommend switching out one dragon with Giant Spider. The loss in damage is more than offset by the constant feeding from Dragon Souls explosions, meaning you can cast it after Dragon Soul to instantly go again. I have Shadow Dragon in the slot after Dragon Soul to collect purple overspill from Giant Spiders spell, giving you another way to refuel the Soul. Matches are over pretty quick.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Shadow Dragon is literally the only one I don't have yet. :(

I changed the order to:

Sylvanimora
The Dragon Soul
Dracos 1337
Borealis

Dracos being able to use its ability sooner makes up for the potential loss of Borealis's extra skull damage against Frozen troops.

Another build I've used sparingly is:

Green Guardian Statue (forgot the name)
Sylvanimora
Rowanne
Green Seer

Green statue boosts life based on entangled enemies; Sylvanimora entangles on 4x matches and Seer entangles a random enemy on her ability. I've ended matches with 100+ health on 3 of my troops. Using Statue's ability on skulls is handy because the enemy's first troop will most likely Entangled so leaving skills on the board is no big deal. This build also doesn't need traits to work effectively either.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Oenis posted:

If you have trouble finding a set of 4 dragons, I recommend switching out one dragon with Giant Spider. The loss in damage is more than offset by the constant feeding from Dragon Souls explosions, meaning you can cast it after Dragon Soul to instantly go again. I have Shadow Dragon in the slot after Dragon Soul to collect purple overspill from Giant Spiders spell, giving you another way to refuel the Soul. Matches are over pretty quick.

I just toyed with

Frozen Banner (+2 blue, +1 purple, -1 red)
Sylvanimora
Dragon Soul
Giant Spider*(**, last two optional)
Shadow Dragon*

Was pretty fast. The +2 blue makes filling Giant Spider very quick -- just two matches if one of them surges -- and the team/banner combine to give +3 purple on matches. If I had Sylvanimora fully traited I could almost see this as a PVP team, since her third trait really helps with her survivability.

For explore, it's impossible to beat the +2 brown banner, Archer***/Mechanist*** with War & Peace, 3x Soothsayer*** in terms of sheer speed. All it takes is a single brown match and you're in cleanup mode.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Grundulum posted:

For explore, it's impossible to beat the +2 brown banner, Archer***/Mechanist*** with War & Peace, 3x Soothsayer*** in terms of sheer speed. All it takes is a single brown match and you're in cleanup mode.

Interesting, had to look up War & Peace, since I'm still pretty new. How often does this card's event come up? It says it only comes from an event. Also, which perk are you using with Archer and which with Mechanist? Trying to see the synergy.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
War and Peace are actually a reward from quests. Khaziel kingdom IIRC.

They haven't done weapon rewards for events since last December.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
With Archer, +2 magic. With Mechanist, "is a mech for team bonuses", which triggers the third trait and starts you at half mana.

Edit: I suppose that I should have written "Archer**" instead of "Archer***" -- the final trait of Archer doesn't matter for this team build. The important part is getting Fast.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 5, 2016

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Ha, I just happen to be working my way through the Khaziel kingdom quests, that works out nicely. Odd that the official weapon list only says it comes from 'special events' but I trust you goons. :shobon: Thanks!

Are any of the weapons that come from 250 wins as X class worth grinding for sooner rather than later?

Blacula fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 5, 2016

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Eh it might be another weapon. It's been ages.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Blacula posted:

Are any of the weapons that come from 250 wins as X class worth grinding for sooner rather than later?

The necromancer's, but you don't really need to grind for it, just set your class and play normally and you'll get it over time.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
It's been two days since the start of the event. The minor traitstones are still wrong on the troops in the shop. I've given up hope that the devs will fix the problem, so I went ahead and spent my glory on werewolves and villagers. This is unusually bad of the dev team; normally they're much faster with mistakes like this.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Grundulum posted:

It's been two days since the start of the event. The minor traitstones are still wrong on the troops in the shop. I've given up hope that the devs will fix the problem, so I went ahead and spent my glory on werewolves and villagers. This is unusually bad of the dev team; normally they're much faster with mistakes like this.

According to Tacet, they're on vacation. Might be fixed before the end of the week.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
At least they fixed the event banner to not display the Spooky Imp anymore, he'll probably appear next week then. A new mythic should also roll out right around that time.

waffles beyond waffles posted:

I can across a killer defense team:

Gorgotha ***
Infernal King ***
Mercy ***
Sheggra *

Well that's the trait levels on my troops when I copied it. :v: Except the guy I attacked had more bonuses than I do to attack. Still, its a strong team that I couldn't outrun once it got going.

That is/was my invasion team for the longest time, probably among the fastest I've played. I still use it against harder opponents with double Mab or fully traited Mythics, but it doesn't give any souls so I switched to Khor/Valk/Mab/Mercy like everyone else.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Oenis posted:

At least they fixed the event banner to not display the Spooky Imp anymore, he'll probably appear next week then. A new mythic should also roll out right around that time.

That is/was my invasion team for the longest time, probably among the fastest I've played. I still use it against harder opponents with double Mab or fully traited Mythics, but it doesn't give any souls so I switched to Khor/Valk/Mab/Mercy like everyone else.

apart from those of us with neither Khorvash nor Mab

:bang:

plus I just destroy everything each week with

Maw
Infernal King
Mercy
Sheggra

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I have 600 Gems now, so I guess I should buy an Armor?

Was it Celestial or Dragon that was the preffered one?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

milward posted:

I have 600 Gems now, so I guess I should buy an Armor?

Was it Celestial or Dragon that was the preffered one?

Dragon - for dragging in that sweet gold.

Speaking of hero classes, is there some indicator I'm missing showing me which classes I have 250 wins with? I just wasted 50 diamonds because I switched to a class I already had 'completed'.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

porktree posted:

Speaking of hero classes, is there some indicator I'm missing showing me which classes I have 250 wins with? I just wasted 50 diamonds because I switched to a class I already had 'completed'.

Yes: go to the "Customize" screen for each hero class, then look under the "Skills" tab. At the bottom you will see how many victories you have with that class.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

porktree posted:

Dragon - for dragging in that sweet gold.

Also you can just wait a bit, a few hours I think or maybe 24, and then switch again for free.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Trastion posted:

Also you can just wait a bit, a few hours I think or maybe 24, and then switch again for free.

I think its either 5 or 7 days before you can switch again for free.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

The Pell posted:

I think its either 5 or 7 days before you can switch again for free.

It's 24 hours from when you last changed a class.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Eh it might be another weapon. It's been ages.

You were right the first time, War and Peace was the end reward for finishing the extra fights in Khaziel (you get Emperina along the way).

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What's a good hero class build for getting Arena wins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnochSuplex
Sep 26, 2004

Foxy!
I'm (StangSA) still daily active in Boiz and donating gold. Other than login and a few battles a day, my phone is borking up enough its rough getting a plowload of extra seals atm.