Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

If any of you noobs are wondering what barrel attachments to put on your gun, it's HEAVY BARREL or nothing at all.

I've done a bunch of testing and found that compensators and mussel brakes are strait 100% downgrades. They give you the microscopic benefit of less recoil shake (horizontal or vertical) at the cost of +20% faster cof bloom. I wouldn't even equip it for free.

Heavy barrels increase accuracy at the cost of more kick, but that extra kick can be compensated with player skill. And sometimes you won't even notice the extra kick depending on what weapon we're talking about.

And, of course, you'll be getting the worthless attachments before getting the good attachments in their loot boxes.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Heavy Barrels start showing up in the 5k box for Orks. I got a Dead Shiny Shoota and a Heavy Barrel for it from the 5k box so I'm really enjoying that atm.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
re: eldar chat (note: this is biased because I main Eldar but I have rank2/3 in every other faction)

The new patch really fixed some of the balance issues for Eldar, and like it's been said around Tier 2-3 you start seeing the other factions weapons making huge impacts. The eldar don't really have any one shot kill ranged weapons, the space marines have a lascannon, plasma cannon, and autocannon which all seem to be able to down you from very far away. Also power fists/klaws are pretty much a lost cause to melee against, as a Striking Scorpion there's not much you can do against a fist or klaw, or really even against poweraxe+shield (unless you are 2v1). That said I still win with Eldar more than I lose so it could probably use some more tweaking.

My top 3 list right now for problems:

1) General lag/netcode/whatever you want to call it - there's a pretty big issue with latency, especially with slower latency players constantly teleporting around. They need to establish some "true position" for calculating hits or something, because right now as someone with a decent computer and good sub 40ms ping I feel heavily disadvantaged. That's not to say that those experiencing the latency are at any advantage really, but it's annoying to have someone fly up in the air then teleport next to you and bam you are dead.
2) Party/guild system is garbage and needs a total revamp. The current one is slow, buggy, and unintuitive. I have 2 friends that play this game with me, and for some reason I'm the only one who can see both of them in the friends screen even though we are all friends with eachother. Also when you drop out of the round to buy stuff or do loadouts you get dropped from the war party. Totally weird system, needs help.'
3) One shot weapon balance - it's annoying as gently caress to get blown away by people instantly, there needs to be some sort of counterplay other than "never go outside ever". Maybe some sort of one-shot shield consumable or something that gives you some way to deal with lascannons or plasma cannons. They recently nerfed the stationary quadcannons which used to be able to one shot weakly armored people and now its 2-3 shots. Lascannon is actually hard to aim and shoot, but the plasma cannon is just a huge one-shot AoE that needs some work I think.

I have also never been able to get a queue to pop for the PvE stuff? Is that normal or am I missing something?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
No one plays PVE because the rewards are loving garbage. XP, etc. Is capped very early on.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Spudalicious posted:

re: eldar chat (note: this is biased because I main Eldar but I have rank2/3 in every other faction)

The new patch really fixed some of the balance issues for Eldar, and like it's been said around Tier 2-3 you start seeing the other factions weapons making huge impacts. The eldar don't really have any one shot kill ranged weapons, the space marines have a lascannon, plasma cannon, and autocannon which all seem to be able to down you from very far away. Also power fists/klaws are pretty much a lost cause to melee against, as a Striking Scorpion there's not much you can do against a fist or klaw, or really even against poweraxe+shield (unless you are 2v1). That said I still win with Eldar more than I lose so it could probably use some more tweaking.

I think the Eldar are much better after their main cheese weapons got nerfed. It isn't a COMPLETE stomping anymore, but, as an Ork, I mainly see the following issues with the Eldar (and SM):

1) It seems that all the Eldar can roll out of stun, which is a major pain in the rear end while in a melee. They are also incredibly fast which makes it very, very difficult in a melee fight as you can't make ANY mistakes. The rolling out of stun might just be a desync, though, as I've have seen some Space Marine classes be able to do it. Or maybe its a bug that affects more Eldar classes than SM classes.

2) Eldar vehicles are incredible, and the Ork anti-vehicle options are poo poo. I am incredibly envious of that siege tank. If the Eldar team have one of those on the map, and they use them effectively, GG.

3) I always seem to be one/two hit killed by Power Swords and Witchblades quite reliably. For how fast those weapons are, they sure do a massive amount of damage to me. I once had someone smack me in the face with a quick attack and do about 230 damage to me (all my shield and half my HP gone).

4) The Eldar map mobility is crazy good. They can get around so much faster than other races. They aren't as reliant on vehicles as Orks are to attack a point. Really, Orks are hosed in the vehicle game.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I got a power axe on my sorcerer and now I am dumping fools. Heh, nice try, assault marines, but you dead :allears:

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Nalin posted:

I think the Eldar are much better after their main cheese weapons got nerfed. It isn't a COMPLETE stomping anymore, but, as an Ork, I mainly see the following issues with the Eldar (and SM):

1) It seems that all the Eldar can roll out of stun, which is a major pain in the rear end while in a melee. They are also incredibly fast which makes it very, very difficult in a melee fight as you can't make ANY mistakes. The rolling out of stun might just be a desync, though, as I've have seen some Space Marine classes be able to do it. Or maybe its a bug that affects more Eldar classes than SM classes.

2) Eldar vehicles are incredible, and the Ork anti-vehicle options are poo poo. I am incredibly envious of that siege tank. If the Eldar team have one of those on the map, and they use them effectively, GG.

3) I always seem to be one/two hit killed by Power Swords and Witchblades quite reliably. For how fast those weapons are, they sure do a massive amount of damage to me. I once had someone smack me in the face with a quick attack and do about 230 damage to me (all my shield and half my HP gone).

4) The Eldar map mobility is crazy good. They can get around so much faster than other races. They aren't as reliant on vehicles as Orks are to attack a point. Really, Orks are hosed in the vehicle game.

I see eye to eye with this post, good points. I will say that any team that is on point with anti-vehicle loadouts is going to absolutely wreck attackers almost 100%. You really need transports to stay alive and to put pressure on the hard-to-reach points on any map as attacker, and most races have access to good enough anti-vehicle weapons that 2-3 people focusing on it can completely shut down the offense vehicle-wise(I do think that orcs have a harder time with vehicles than other races it seems), regardless of whether or not they are putting people on armor defense duty. As a fire dragon or , I can reliably kill almost any vehicle regardless of who's guarding it (with 3 stamina I can dodge/juke enough to get 2 full plasma cooldowns + a melta off which kills anything).

To show off the imbalance I waded into the game's official forums and found a thread "Stats for the Stat God": http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/stats-for-the-stats-god-an-overview-of-factions-and-maps-in-ec.56591/

Not sure where this guy is getting his data from, but basically, on many maps the attackers winrate is abysmal (like sub-20% abysmal!). That's pretty ridiculous, but I would still rather them focus on more pressing issues than balance right now.

Spudalicious fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 3, 2016

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I got a power axe on my sorcerer and now I am dumping fools. Heh, nice try, assault marines, but you dead :allears:

Wait until you get Daemon Bolt.

Sure, a person on foot can almost out run it. But when it hits an Assault Marine clusterfuck they all die.

Nalin posted:

Eldar melee is still a bit too strong. They recover from stuns faster than others can attack them. That gives them a huge advantage. Eldar also start with really good weapons compared to other factions. But once you get the better weapons for Marines or Orks you can start to out pace them.

You can work around their recovery time by using Poison or Flame attack weapons and just clanging because they apply the effects on a clang.

I'll agree that Ork AV needs some major work. Like it should exist. And it doesn't.

In general ranged weapons other than the Plasma Cannons seem pretty weak. They can probably tweak the toughness and penetration values a bit to fix it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I just want to put out there the essential step of trying to unlock a melt a gun. I would argue that it is worth dropping 16k requisition into getting one.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Xae posted:

I'll agree that Ork AV needs some major work. Like it should exist. And it doesn't.

This is pretty much how 40k works and it's bullshit

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
idk I've had pretty good success with Ork AV. My main tactic is, spot a vehicle and run away as fast as possible.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I just want to put out there the essential step of trying to unlock a melt a gun. I would argue that it is worth dropping 16k requisition into getting one.

Playing as a fire Dragon with a wave serpent and 2 melta bombs is a very easy way to completely hamstring any attack and the game just dumps points on you for it. Meltas, melta bombs, and the attackers' reliance on transports for spawns needs some rework/rethinking.

Nalin posted:

It seems that all the Eldar can roll out of stun, which is a major pain in the rear end while in a melee.

I totally understand your frustration here, and as an eldar player I think I can tell you what I'm seeing.

We can't roll out of stuns. If I managed to get stunned, I'm there for the full duration. But there were a couple of instances where I clanged my quick aattack on a d-bashing ork and still had time to jump away and dodge the bash. Talk about stupid mechanics.

The melee system needs some changes. Spamming quick attack combined with fast weapons seems like the go-to strat for assaults and shielders with them lunging all over the place and all we have to defend that is a d-bash that locks us in place for an eternity and can be so easily dodged, and if it even manages to hit they are stunned for only a second and continue as usual. Am I meant to just bash them till help comes or something?

Quick attack needs a nerf on its lunge distance, especially on fast weapons, and d-bash needs to lunge much further, along with maybe instantly activating its stun animation if hit with a quick attack. And NO ONE should ever be able to just jump out of a stun or dodge it after clanging on one.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah the transport spawn is still going on if it was a planetside like game.
It would be better if it was more an upgrade for leaders sorta like a deployable item or just spawning on a leader if hes not in an enemy capture zone.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Popete posted:

idk I've had pretty good success with Ork AV. My main tactic is, spot a vehicle and run away as fast as possible.

The starting loota AV is really bad. Starting to save up for something good or worse

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

neonbregna posted:

The starting loota AV is really bad. Starting to save up for something good or worse

Power Klaw will kill it in 5 heavy melees. Stormboy might be pretty bad in traditional melee right now, but with a Stormboy pack + power klaw you can get a sneak attack + gun to their face to end any enemy pretty fast.

ScaMort
Oct 20, 2004
You can keep on sucking till the blood won't flow.
Ok, I'm gonna leave my current chaos guild because it is impossible to find their web presence or to get involved. I missed the post somewhere, so who do I talk to about getting into the forces of goon chaos?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Xae posted:

Eldar melee is still a bit too strong. They recover from stuns faster than others can attack them. That gives them a huge advantage.

I think that's because you're stunning with the knife. The duration of stuns seems to be effected by the weapon, and the impact increasing items may help. You need to be using at least a chainsword to get reliable follow-up attacks to stuns.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

ScaMort posted:

Ok, I'm gonna leave my current chaos guild because it is impossible to find their web presence or to get involved. I missed the post somewhere, so who do I talk to about getting into the forces of goon chaos?

The guilds are the [only] thing in the OP.

Alexander DeLarge is leading them, just search for GOON in the guilds search option and it'll pop.

e: Spelling is hard.

Hard fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 4, 2016

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's GO0N with a zero as the second O

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

You can only invite your steam friends to a warparty.

ScaMort
Oct 20, 2004
You can keep on sucking till the blood won't flow.

Hard posted:

The guilds are the [only] thing i the OP.

Alexander DeLarge is leading them, just search for GOON in the guils search and it'll pop.

Lol thanks I clearly did not check the OP.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The only loving game, THE ONLY. loving. GAME. where I am beating the eldar and the game disconnects

FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK :cripes:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
The chaos goon presence must be lost in the warp. 4 days of waiting, and nobody has clicked accept. There are only 3 of you in the guild :(

In any case, I asked for a refund directly from the dev because this game is truly awful.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

lite_sleepr posted:

The chaos goon presence must be lost in the warp. 4 days of waiting, and nobody has clicked accept. There are only 3 of you in the guild :(

?? There are like six or seven and as far as I can tell every applicant has been approved. You're applying to the wrong guild, maybe?

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 5, 2016

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Have you tried a plasma cannon or a reaper launcher yet, friend? That is where the true joy of this game are had

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Have you tried a plasma cannon or a reaper launcher yet, friend? That is where the true joy of this game are had

I'm currently weathering a down vote tornado on reddit because I hate one but aoe kills from plasma cannons. Get rid of those.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm currently weathering a down vote tornado on reddit because I hate one but aoe kills from plasma cannons. Get rid of those.

I honestly wouldn't mind plasma cannons if a) they downed rather then gibbed everything outside of a direct hit, and b) if they had a heat mechanic similar to the Bright Wizard in Vermintide. You shoot once, ok, you shoot twice, you overheat, you shoot three times, you take damage, you shoot four times, you explode and down anyone around you. And getting rid of the heat requires a lengthy 'reload' time.

That, or every time you charge into the red there's a chance of the gun exploding and killing you, since, y'know, plasma guns are unstable.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think a gun having a chance of randomly killing you in a videogame is a horrid idea.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Buschmaki posted:

I think a gun having a chance of randomly killing you in a videogame is a horrid idea.

You'd think this would not need to be said but Warhams developers and players are a special breed.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Wouldn't make the game any different, you pretty much randomly die to plasma cannons anyway.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Do you genuinely think that's a good idea? No trolling?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Gets Hot is an okay mechanic in the tabletop game, where you're controlling dozens of dudes so if one blows up through terrible loving luck it's not the end of the world, but it's really lovely in a game like this.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I think the biggest issues with the plasma cannon (other than the bullshit that is aoe 1shot kills) is that its charge can be held and released exactly when you want it. You can just charge it up and walk around like mcree with his high-noon, ready to gently caress someone's day over and over again. It's high noon all the God damned time.

IMO, it should behave like the reaper launcher's starshot (the one where it shoots one big missile only after completing a charge). And no more 1shots good lord.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I wouldn't care if it was an unbalanced shitshow if the servers worked.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
My god this game is such garbage.

Trying to defend a 3 point map against Eldar proved an effort in futility. Their grav tanks glide effortlessly over terrain, glitching into point rooms. Swooping Hawks get seemingly better jump pack mechanics than raptors/assaults, loving melee is what it is. Trying to play the game in an FPS/TPS fashion results in laughably delayed hitboxes as server side hit detection laughs in your face. Try to set up your havoc traitor with a heavy bolter to cover a door? Go ahead, enemies will sprint through your field of fire like it's a goddamn slide show, then appear behind you and tap you three times with a sword and you're dead. Try to go head to head with the 3 other people who play traitor/tactical marines? It's a crap shoot of unknowable, unpredictable netcode and outright broken OP favor given to Eldar.

I'm going to tweet for a refund every day and I hope these idiots fail for stealing $50 from me.

This is a horridly broken game that is Not Fun To Play (NFTP,) and I came from Planetside 2's release. PS 2 looks like a finely tuned machine compared to this problematic, broken farce. I've uninstalled and I have basically written off $50 to pay for an idiot at behaviour to not go hungry for a day. I guess I take solace in that as a sort of humanitarian gesture, because going hungry hurts.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 6, 2016

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't think the game's that bad.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Buschmaki posted:

I don't think the game's that bad.

It's that bad. Look at my post history, I'm a warham nerd. This game loving sucks.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Haven't played it myself but I watched it on twitch for a bit and it looks pretty loving bad.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Guys, it's not that bad. *character literally rubberbands like it's being played on 56k*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

• Locked thread