Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

Eh, it's just another temporary special event like they have on occasion. I don't know when any actual new game modes will be implemented.

I don't think we even want them to try, given the fate of all the rest of the game modes. Assault is unplayable. Encounter has many maps that are significantly worse than the standard versions. Historical Battles, Rampage, Companies and that weird nation vs. nation thing are gone. Team Battles are basically pointless. Strongholds are good.

That's a pretty poor record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

that weird nation vs. nation thing

I forgot about that one. I think that's been by far their worst idea. All the others were decent ideas with poor implementations, but this one was special because it couldn't possibly have worked.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

I forgot about that one. I think that's been by far their worst idea. All the others were decent ideas with poor implementations, but this one was special because it couldn't possibly have worked.

It definitely succeeded in creating the highest number of absurd matches. 8 183s vs 8 Foch 155s was kind of dumb.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I was thinking about buying premium again, but since I don't care about grinding, and the rental tanks each weekend give plenty of credits, plus all the boosts we get for free, I don't see the point. Good strategy Wargaming.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If you only play on the weekend then it's more economically to buy a one day premium and since it lasts 24hs you can play both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon with that single day of premium.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i decided to take a hit to my wn8 because i dont really care, to yolo kill steal a bunch for free tank yay got it done took me about a week or less > tank https://imgur.com/a/ervfr

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 3, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

i decided to take a hit to my wn8 because i dont really care, to yolo kill steal a bunch for free tank yay got it done took me about a week or less > tank https://imgur.com/a/ervfr

I can't make myself play more than like an hour at a time, #snapshotmeta is the dumbest thing.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
yeah i got some crazy lucky snap shots today in wz-111 while moving and 200m+ away

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I had a few invisible Borsig shells yesterday at like 200m. But when I am for a tiny pixel sticking out at 350m, bang hit it.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Time for :siren:Pasholok facts:siren:

Q: Did the USSR have convertible drive tanks aside from the BT?
A: Yes, one of which was even accepted into service. It started with the convertible drive amphibious PT-1 tank, which gradually became the T-29. The T-29-4 and T-29-5 are, naturally, the 4th and 5th tanks on the PT-1 chassis. The T-29 was accepted into service, but production never began. There were heavier tanks on the T-29 base, like T-29CN and T-115, but they did not get past draft projects. Overall, the PT-1 gave birth to almost 10 tanks.

Q: Why do you think developers refuse to add tanks and SPGs with smoothbore guns? Many of those tanks fit into the timeframe of the game.
A: The class of heavy tanks would die out. Killing off a class of tanks for 5-6 vehicles is irrational. The same applies to recoilless rifles.

Q: Can you speak about the NI-1 tank? I read that the Romanians ran at the very sight of them.
A: These are the same armoured tractors as, say, the HTZ-16, which I recently wrote about. The difference is that the HTZ-16 was an official tank and passed trials. The HTZ-16 was also built on the SHTZ-NATI chassis, and the NI was built on the STZ-5. This caused many problems, since the STZ-5's cabin was over the engine. This meant that its combat effectiveness was lower. Both tanks were ersatz machines, with all the consequences of that.

Q: Would we ever see the U-0 tank, the prorotype of the KV-1, even at tier 4 due to the weak L-11 gun, low mobility, and thinner armour?
A: Potentially, although there would be problems with penetration. Premium matchmaking is gone, and fighting tier 6 would be painful. Since the tank had a second gun, I would wait until multiple guns are supported before adding it.

Q: Would we see the Pvkv m/43 in the Swedish tree?
A: As far as I understand it, this vehicle is already on the supertest, it's a well known Swedish vehicle.

Q: Will we see vehicles from the 80s and 90s that conform technologically to the game's setting?
A: No, they are unnecessary. There are enough tanks to have to shove something in from beyond 1970, and even that is a high limit. We still have many tanks in store from the appropriate time period.

Q: Why does the Type 5 Chi-Ri have a 75 mm autoloader, while Wikipedia says it should have an 88 mm gun?
A: Because it's Wikipedia. Someone must have a very creative imagination.

Q: Will the Swedish tree have the Strv m/41-S/III? If so, in what form?
A: We're looking into it, but we don't know what form it will take. On one hand, it's a logical sequel to the Strv m/41, on the other hand it will be the third LT vz 38 in the game. It's in reserve for now, we'll see in the future.

Q: Were there a lot of KV-4 variants?
A: 27 designs were submitted. The most interesting are in my article dedicated to the KV-4 and KV-5. In game, we have Dukhov's KV-4, whose design won the contest.

Q: Does Switzerland have interesting tanks that can be put into the German tree?
A: The Swiss have enough tanks for a proper tree, not just tanks but potentially TDs. The question is if the Swiss will be a separate nation, and when they will be introduced.

Q: Can you explain what the E means in a Sherman's index? What Sherman variants existed that aren't in the game, like the M4A3E6?
A: E is a modification of a mass production or experimental vehicle. For example, the installation of the Liberty engine on the T1 made it T1E1. Some modifications with an E index later received their own name. The M4A3E6 that you mentioned is better known as M4A3(76)W, or M4A3 with a wet ammo rack and a T23 medium tank turret. The M4A3(105) also carried the index M4A3E5.

Q: Are you planning an article on captured tanks used in the war?
A: It's in my plans, including conversions.

Q: Is the 122 mm gun on the SU-100 historical?
A: Yes, it was called SU-122P, and was actually designed before the SU-100, but the 100 mm D-10S turned out to be a better gun for a medium SPG.

Q: How come the VK72.01K doesn't have visible exhaust pipes, and the exhaust comes out from under the fenders?
A: For the same reason why they're absent from many rear fighting compartment vehicles. The exhaust is vented out from under the fenders. It's the same on the Ferdinand, for example.

Q: The Swedish tier 4 Lago tank is labelled as medium, but it weighed 15 tons, which is in the light tank range. Was the Lago a light or a medium tank?
A: Mass wasn't always the deciding factor of a tank's classification at the time. A medium tank could be as light as 12 tons. The Japanese have the 16 ton Chi-Ha, which is also a medium tank.

Q: Can you tell us more about the T78 American tank on the M24 chassis? Why was the tank not put into production?
A: This was a Hellcat on steroids, an M36 GMC turret on a T24 Light Tank chassis. It was never built, but it's an interesting project, which has not gone unnoticed by us.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Hellsau posted:

I don't think we even want them to try, given the fate of all the rest of the game modes. Assault is unplayable. Encounter has many maps that are significantly worse than the standard versions. Historical Battles, Rampage, Companies and that weird nation vs. nation thing are gone. Team Battles are basically pointless. Strongholds are good.

That's a pretty poor record.
Maybe another studio is working on a new game mode so it might not be so awful. Maybe.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

real_scud posted:

Maybe another studio is working on a new game mode so it might not be so awful. Maybe.

Another studio worked on World of Warplanes.

and armored warfare

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey Tankers, I need a new mouse. Last time someone here suggested this Anker 8200 DPI mouse, it was $15 and now they're all gone. This mouse is great. Anyone want to point me in the direction of a good mouse that doesn't look like a loving Horned Lizard and isn't $60?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

if you can find a deathadder on sale for like $30 they're good. Ive been using one for like 3 years and have had none of the clicking/scroll wheel issues people talk about. I like the shape too

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah, Deathadders and the G500-successor models are what carried me through the last 11 years or so I think. First two Deathadders were free, one ate the dust after about 2 years, another 4 years later I switched to Logitech, most comfortable/ responsive two types of mice I've had so far.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Chiming in as another Deathadder user who has had zero problems with it. The worst part is the software that comes with it has updates almost weekly.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My deathadder is slowly becoming less and less efficient (single right clicks sometimes get registered as doubleclicks, and the scroll wheel has lost its clear, defined clicks and just kinda rolls freely), but I did buy it 9 years ago.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Popped back into the game after a few months. Killed a TILLY T-127 platoon in my Grant. Nothing's changed. When will the game get multi-gun support?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What the gently caress is with pubbies today. I haven't played in like a year, I start playing back today... I'm sitting still and instead of driving around me, the dark red players on my team just drive through me, loving up my shot and ramming me hard enough to hurt me. Jesus.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The AC4 Experimental is the one to get from tankrewards.com, right? Like, the Japanese Tiger isn't some surprise gem?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

The AC4 Experimental is the one to get from tankrewards.com, right? Like, the Japanese Tiger isn't some surprise gem?

The Japanese Tiger is hilariously bad. The Skoda is alright, but you can get it in game for gold. The AC4 has only been on sale for money.

e: lol wait nevermind the other option is the TOG, the AC4 is the only real option.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 3, 2016

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Found this guy. 42% is like impressively bad. I decided to check him out because he spent the entire match on Steppes in his warcrime panther hiding in the hills until he ran out of ammo. After firing 15 shots.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

someone should show him the Research button

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I played three games in a LT a few hours ago, I got this message:

RafikiFriend (10/3/2016 12:01:27) gj being completely & utterly WORTHLESS!!!
RandomPauI (10/3/2016 12:05:12) Is this about the battle where all our team sat on one side of the map, the battle where I didnt get up on a hill on time because I kept getting shot, or the battle where everyone went south leaving two lights to guard north?
RandomPauI (10/3/2016 12:05:35) Because I was worthless in all of those but so were the rest of the team[s].

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Sorry some of you aren't having fun, I've been having a blast driving around in the rental Type-64, it seems comparable to the Bulldog for the most part even though my crew is weak.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

R. Mute posted:

Found this guy. 42% is like impressively bad. I decided to check him out because he spent the entire match on Steppes in his warcrime panther hiding in the hills until he ran out of ammo. After firing 15 shots.

Obvious bot, the game would be better off without them.

thylacine posted:

Sorry some of you aren't having fun, I've been having a blast driving around in the rental Type-64, it seems comparable to the Bulldog for the most part even though my crew is weak.

You should try playing 7 Type 64s in a Stronghold, it's fun as poo poo up until you run into the dipshits with 6 O-Is who camp on Mountain Pass.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

get swole ELC

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I played three games in a LT a few hours ago, I got this message:

RafikiFriend (10/3/2016 12:01:27) gj being completely & utterly WORTHLESS!!!

Your response should've been simply, "Funny, I was thinking the same thing after I saw your stats." :iceburn:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Creamed Cormp posted:

My deathadder is slowly becoming less and less efficient (single right clicks sometimes get registered as doubleclicks, and the scroll wheel has lost its clear, defined clicks and just kinda rolls freely), but I did buy it 9 years ago.

The double click issue happens with all mice eventually. The spring gets bent out of shape. Heavy duty springs can last longer but gaming mice generally go in the other direction.

I've not had a "good" mouse last more than three years under my heavy usage, and I'm fairly certain the deathadder and g500 series use the same switches. You can bend back the spring if you open it up, but it'll probably not last as long. Probably time to replace it.

D.J. Booger
Jul 19, 2001

Hellsau posted:

Hey Tankers, I need a new mouse. Last time someone here suggested this Anker 8200 DPI mouse, it was $15 and now they're all gone. This mouse is great. Anyone want to point me in the direction of a good mouse that doesn't look like a loving Horned Lizard and isn't $60?

I am also looking for a decent mouse that doesn't cost a ton of money and looks normal.

D.J. Booger fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 4, 2016

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

after i asked why whole team sat in a2 on fishermans bay and didnt move all game they just sat there waited for the enemy to take city and push into them to kill

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

get swole ELC

The only thing that ELC did wrong was not going fast enough.

Turmoilx posted:

after i asked why whole team sat in a2 on fishermans bay and didnt move all game they just sat there waited for the enemy to take city and push into them to kill

This isn't entirely wrong. By playing intentionally poorly, bad players can sabotage their teams and cause losses. The only thing wrong is the 5-6 minutes thing - snowball losses don't usually last that long.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 4, 2016

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i was just informed in a battle that PANSY is a dead clan..i knew there was something wrong with it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

i was just informed in a battle that PANSY is a dead clan..i knew there was something wrong with it

That's not true, I'm not in it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Trip report, the AC4 is great, good view range, the gun depression is incredible, it has a very good gold round. It's basically a Firefly with an actual top speed and better gun depression.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Turmoilx posted:

get swole ELC

My favorite game in my M12 was shotgunning an OTTER player in a (US) Scorpion and hear him bitch about it for 5 minutes, then to prove my superior Detroit engineering rammed an FV304 to death.

Why a Scorpion and an FV304 would try to base rush is beyond me, but there you go.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Obvious bot, the game would be better off without them.
Aren't bots usually at like 45% or something?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

R. Mute posted:

Aren't bots usually at like 45% or something?

I think it's 38% to 42%, but I am not sure.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I just had a potential top gun in my is-3 stolen by a deep red arty team killing me for over 900 damage...:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I just had a potential top gun in my is-3 stolen by a deep red arty team killing me for over 900 damage...:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc