Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dario the Wop posted:

I know some people have said it's wrong to laugh at him (and his clear mental illness), but for me his "Corey's Angels" nonsense disqualifies him from sympathy.

Who said that? I mean, he's suffered from some substance abuse problems and claims to be a pedo victim, but all I see from Feldman is narcissism. He thinks his music is dope and he thinks he's a humanitarian for helping wayward girls or whatever. I don't recall anyone getting up in arms about laughing at Bobo pulling out his doofy dick at the drop of a hat, and he admits to being half retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Dario the Wop posted:

This is a great clip from Sam's solo show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrRWdVB6q1g

The caller gets more and more absurd, and Sam lets him roll.

"Bein' a retarded boy you don't know what you're doing with the kid touchin' and stuff."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Dario the Wop posted:

You're welcome! Honestly, I got sick of posting Harry Hater and similar crap.

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but here's The Bonfire watching Corey Feldman's performance on The Today Show, with video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahz_RXGRJX0

I know some people have said it's wrong to laugh at him (and his clear mental illness), but for me his "Corey's Angels" nonsense disqualifies him from sympathy.

Corey's Angels is basically the Eric the Midget Modeling Agency without Eric the Midget. It's a way to extort young women into being cheap live-in help/sex slaves with the fake promises of giving them exposure and introducing them to 'powerful' Hollywood types. In a way, Corey has become the same sort of people who ran that pedo ring in the first place.

And is it really mental illness? Feldman stinks of drugs and delusion, and it seems he's trying to hold onto a bit of fame and failing. He's been a has-been longer than he's been famous and nothing about this 'music career' even comes close to any sort of real effort. He's doing the same tired Michael Jackson schtick from his glory days and it looks even stupider now. His song is basically 'don't make fun of me' and his Angels aren't even playing their instruments. This is amateur hour that was put on a national spotlight because Corey Feldman used to be somebody thirty years ago and now has no dignity at all.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
I think he's crazy and has no idea. Totally deluded, total lack of self-awareness. And I'm right there with you that Corey's Angels is a sick and sad enterprise. Obviously I'm not a doctor and unqualified to diagnose, but I think he's either crazy, or he's just a whiny rear end in a top hat.

And yeah, believe it or not, I've seen people on twitter say it's not right to poke fun at him.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

What is up with the youth?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Is Horsecock and Sam live today?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

They start tomorrow according to Jimmy's twitter, 8-11

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

80s James Hetfield posted:

Is Horsecock and Sam live today?

You should ask Ben at SXM_Help

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

beep by grandpa posted:

They start tomorrow according to Jimmy's twitter, 8-11

https://twitter.com/JimNorton/status/782971946115928064?s=09

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Daaamn

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

:vince:

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Haha, Jim won't even call it the OpieRadio channel

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Dario the Wop posted:

I think he's crazy and has no idea. Totally deluded, total lack of self-awareness. And I'm right there with you that Corey's Angels is a sick and sad enterprise. Obviously I'm not a doctor and unqualified to diagnose, but I think he's either crazy, or he's just a whiny rear end in a top hat.

And yeah, believe it or not, I've seen people on twitter say it's not right to poke fun at him.

I think his 'mental illness' can be cured by dealing with the world outside of Hollywood for a few years. At least that would determine if he's just operating normally in a sad situation or dealing with an actual mental problem.

Haha, Jim won't even call it the OpieRadio channel

I want to think it's spite, but I also get the feeling that the company doesn't consider Opie a draw and is going to revert back to a generic Sirius name that references nobody. Kinda like how Raw Dog is comedy but now comedy/Bennington.

After all, why name a channel after an afternoon show?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Kinda like how Raw Dog is comedy but now comedy/Bennington.
To be fair they also play that Tom Papa show a lot. Like half the time I randomly tune into Raw Dog it seems that thing is on. Too bad it hasn't kept my attention at any time.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

I think his 'mental illness' can be cured by dealing with the world outside of Hollywood for a few years. At least that would determine if he's just operating normally in a sad situation or dealing with an actual mental problem.
Agreed. Perspective and humility would do him well.

This is beautiful. I love it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I kind of want to listen to some of Opie's new show because i can't see how it will work at all.

Who will be second mic for him to bounce poo poo off of?

Sure he can bring in the usual rotating roster of comedians but most of them are Jim's friends and they'd probably sooner go on his show. He knows gently caress all about anything so having celebrity guests in will be disastrous because he won't be able to hold a conversation with them on his own.

The old backroom guys apparently hated Opie for years as well because his last minute contract poo poo effected their lives immensely because they weren't millionaires with 'gently caress you' money. Don't see any of them wanting to work with Opie again if they have the choice.

The whole thing is going to be a loving catastrophe by the looks of it. I can't even imagine what the show will be.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I'm thinking in an absolute best case he does a show that draws heavily on callers discussing current news events and viral videos, ala what Bennington does with most of their content from the interrobang. But he'd have to lean heavily on callers and comedians because I don't think he'll have a fresh take on any viral video on his own, or will stand up for his own political opinions, etc.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
More of Jimmy throwing shade. Unreal.

https://twitter.com/JimNorton/status/783027715947585536

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

spudsbuckley posted:

I kind of want to listen to some of Opie's new show because i can't see how it will work at all.

Sure he can bring in the usual rotating roster of comedians but most of them are Jim's friends and they'd probably sooner go on his show. He knows gently caress all about anything so having celebrity guests in will be disastrous because he won't be able to hold a conversation with them on his own.

The old backroom guys apparently hated Opie for years as well because his last minute contract poo poo effected their lives immensely because they weren't millionaires with 'gently caress you' money. Don't see any of them wanting to work with Opie again if they have the choice.

The whole thing is going to be a loving catastrophe by the looks of it. I can't even imagine what the show will be.

He already did a test show and it wasn't completely horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYtofb0RD1Q

But it was buoyed by good guests so it will tank the second Opie has to go it alone.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

I imagine it's going to be a short week of cringeworthy radio with Opie as the main focus and maybe E-Rock being the stuntboy. And it'll last for a bit as Dead Air Theater where Opie decides to talk about his wife and kids while anybody stuck in the studio plays with their 'phone' for the moment that "The Destroyer" decides to be an rear end in a top hat to someone in lieu of content.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Tomorrow will be an interesting day of radio.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Opie posted on his Instagram story that he didn't want to leave mornings and this was a short term deal. By writing stuff in the sand.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Opie posted on his Instagram story that he didn't want to leave mornings and this was a short term deal. By writing stuff in the sand.

Then he said 'gotta get more worms'...which set off Jimmy earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfrZxBhUMR8&feature=youtu.be

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
And then he backpedaled, playing the victim. Expect a tearful tell-all from Opie tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/783031107667320832

(I know reddit is looked down upon on SA, but everyone should frequent /r/opieandanthony during drama like this. it's ground zero)

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 4, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

:psyduck:

how does he manage to keep outdoing himself in this delusion

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

"I really feel bad for Opie in all of this" said no one ever

He is getting everything he deserves and it makes me so happy. I hope he enjoys GMing an 80s radio station in a few years

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Well I guess Jimmy gave up trying to stay civil. If I were the Opster (thank God I'm not), l would now scuttle off and hide for the rest of my life.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

Well I guess Jimmy gave up trying to stay civil. If I were the Opster (thank God I'm not), l would now scuttle off and hide for the rest of my life.

he should have learned, don't make the panda angry

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

So Opie is now saying that he didn't want to do mornings, and is just going along with this whole afternoons thing on a channel that bears/bore his name and letting Jim and Sam have the morning show because....

You know, even for bullshit this is lazy. We were wrong in calling Jimmy the worm, Opie is a loving mollusk.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
poor Opie just can't catch a break in life.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So Opie is now saying that he didn't want to do mornings
You know it's some confusing garbage when I have to reread the sentence a few times to even realize you accidentally wrote the opposite of Opie's current line of bullshit here

At this point I think Opie's gone past sociopathic and into farce

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Sankis posted:

"I really feel bad for Opie in all of this" said no one ever

He is getting everything he deserves and it makes me so happy. I hope he enjoys GMing an 80s radio station in a few years

Let's be fair it may well be a 90's station. Out of all the things he has a semi grasp on he seems like he could handle programming Lithium.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

ozza posted:

Opie has to be loving insane to pick a fight with Jimmy. At least when it came to fighting with Anthony he could take some moral high ground even if he was always going to lose. As easy as it was for Anthony to make fun of Opie it was also pretty easy to criticize Anthony too. Jimmy however has spent years trying to be a good boy around Opie, biting his lip a thousand times just to keep things civil like you said.

Opie really does deserve everything he's about to get. And it's gonna be brutal.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrashCat posted:

You know it's some confusing garbage when I have to reread the sentence a few times to even realize you accidentally wrote the opposite of Opie's current line of bullshit here

At this point I think Opie's gone past sociopathic and into farce

Operative word being 'current.' Opie hosed up and now he's trying to muddy the waters so he can get away with whatever he wants to say so people stop mocking him.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Hahah so Opie implemented the whole "no sharing guest rule" What a petulant child

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Hahah so Opie implemented the whole "no sharing guest rule" What a petulant child

Are you listening to Sam and Jim? Is it savage?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Looks like E-Rock and Paul went with Opie and Adrian and Teft are with S&J

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
It is a very funny loving first hour. Summary of the drama: Opie reached out to at least Soder, Doug Benson, Vos, and Florentine to see if they would be exclusive to his show. Norton doesn't want to be brutal on-air about Opie, but if Opie does, he will.

Not much new revealed but Norton doesn't seem like he has anything to hide or isn't willing to discuss/acknowledge on-air. Opie is melting down on Twitter.

e: Anthony Cumia's first time back on SiriusXM! Calling into the show.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 4, 2016

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This nonsense makes me want to resub for "please come back I beg you" deals they've been offering me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

jerkstoresup posted:

It is a very funny loving first hour. Summary of the drama: Opie reached out to at least Soder, Doug Benson, Vos, and Florentine to see if they would be exclusive to his show. Norton doesn't want to be brutal on-air about Opie, but if Opie does, he will.

Not much new revealed but Norton doesn't seem like he has anything to hide or isn't willing to discuss/acknowledge on-air. Opie is melting down on Twitter.

e: Anthony Cumia's first time back on SiriusXM! Calling into the show.

The exclusive comedian thing is the biggest douche thing Opie could do, put guys who come in for free just to get plugs out and hone their radio skills in the middle? loving rear end in a top hat he is...

• Locked thread