Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Keeping the sides of his head totally bald is crazy high maintenance if you think about it. Other than the first chapter where it's like blonde hair, he's never shown to even have stubble on the side of his head. He must shave it every single morning before going out. Like "Oh no, my super great haircut is ruined by the stubble on the sides of my head, I better shave it off and get it looking great again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
joshu is bae

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I hate Joshu. Joshu is great. I love Joshu. Joshu is a piece of poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've yet to finally finish part six.

How do part 7 and eight do on giving multiple characters screentime to get fights of their own? Jonathan and Zeppeli were pretty much a team once they encountered each other. Joseph ran the show in part two. Part 3 was all about Jotaro and Polnareff, 4 has a lot of Josuke, Okuyasu and Rohan, occasionally featuring someone else. Five was a blur but I most distinctly remember It being Zippers, Mista and Giorno. 6 has been pretty decent so far about having Hermes and Foo do stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

7 is largely a story about Gyro and Johnny alone so they are front and center for the majority, but others still get some time to shine aside from it.

There haven't been loads of fights in JoJolion and Josuke is in basically all of them, but despite the relatively low fight count, there's still one where he doesn't feature at all.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 7 is very much Johnny and Gyro's Roadtrip, and a heck of a lot of fights are them 2 on 1, trying to take opponents with more directly offensive Stands. There are only couple ally characters with a Stands and they help out a scant amount of times, and I can only think of like three fights in SBR where Johnny and Gyro aren't there at all. The fights in Part 7 still completely own.

Part 8 has a lot more allied Stand Users and a good chunk of the Part 8 fights have Josuke teaming up with a different member of the Higashikata family to fight a dude and there's like one where Josuke's not there at all

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

7 is largely a story about Gyro and Johnny alone so they are front and center for the majority, but others still get some time to shine aside from it.

There haven't been loads of fights in JoJolion and Josuke is in basically all of them, but despite the relatively low fight count, there's still one where he doesn't feature at all.

1) Yeah, I just know that Gyro and Johnny are the main characters. Had no idea if they formed a group like part 3,4,5 and six did.

2) Fair enough. I'd call that weird, if this wasn't the part that's still being completed.

Also, I remember most of Part 4 but

Llab posted:

Rohan's feeling that monkey on his back again.

(look at rohan's shadow)

Cheap Trick? I'd assume it to be something different since the next door leads to the guy cursed with it and Rohan being curious about it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's alluding to Cheap Trick.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

RareAcumen posted:

Cheap Trick? I'd assume it to be something different since the next door leads to the guy cursed with it and Rohan being curious about it.

I'm hoping it's DavidPro pulling the long con and setting up for Bites The Dust shenanigans.

I'm annoyed my anime only friends keep getting spoiled on the gimmicks of the final Stand fights.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's Cheap Trick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I hope the third one means he throws the housecat at someone. Nice catch, my man!

you know this is sort of right...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the heavy amount of Kira in this OP really makes me look forward to 5 years from now when Funny gets a whole OP to himself

gnome7 posted:

Probably a bomb. Just, just a hunch I've got going. There might be a theme here, it's hard to say.

pfffft

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 2, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

YF-23 posted:

I hate Joshu. Joshu is great. I love Joshu. Joshu is a piece of poo poo.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm catching up on the new translation of part 5 and Doppio vs Risotto is real cool. And I like how the fight is used to explain King Crimson's abilities more, and a lot of detail is put on how epitaph is used. Which is good because I barely understood it before.

The new translation is really doing a lot to improve Vento Aureo.

Where you reading it it? Or has an official one I can buy come out?

(been gone from the thread for a while, and a few pages back reading gleans nothing about this.)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Daxing Dan is part of the group of cool folk retranslating Part 5, they got about ~5 volumes left and are at the King Crimson vs Metallica fight

Daxing Dan posted:

King Crimson vs. Metallica Parts 1-4 just went up on Batoto. Enjoy.

On a somewhat unrelated note, going through this chapter made me realize that whether or not King Crimson is physically the strongest stand out there, it's probably the stand that flaunts its strength the most. I mean, DIO punches through Kakyoin's stomach, and when he throws a knife, the entire blade gets embedded into Joseph's throat. On the other hand, King Crimson not only punches through Buccellati's chest, it also chops like 3 feet vertically through his shoulder, and now, in this set of chapters, it throws a pair of scissors with so much force that it makes a clean cut through Risotto's foot, bone and all. It's kind of insane.

e: also those Part 8 anime versions look dope, very tempted to trade out my Yasuho for anime Yasuho or Daiya/Hato

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 2, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Jojolion opening has already leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTkti85HEqQ

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

lol

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

DicktheCat posted:

Where you reading it it? Or has an official one I can buy come out?

(been gone from the thread for a while, and a few pages back reading gleans nothing about this.)

You can follow the Vento Aureo page on Batoto if you have an account, and the full volumes are available for download on mega and on dropbox as they are completed.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

e: also those Part 8 anime versions look dope, very tempted to trade out my Yasuho for anime Yasuho or Daiya/Hato

It's by bapogichi and they did this, too, which was pretty cute.

https://twitter.com/dioppio/status/774282668724715522

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Huh, I was looking up the Jojo refs I didnt know and "King Nothing" is actually an extremely recognizable song Ive heard 100+ times. All this time I thought the lyrics went "With your crown came nothing"

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's the best song on that album!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZk8ZW_ynIs

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Someone on /a/ did this and it is gureito da ze

e: updated with a finished version

dat kira

I LOVE Gappy in this.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Jolyne, what happened? :ohdear:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Someone on /a/ did this and it is gureito da ze

e: updated with a finished version

dat kira

Joshuu's hair is the perfect amount of garbage.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFUlz_BTby8

descendant of the zeppeli family discovered

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

You ever notice how every even numbered Jojo doesn't directly defeat their antagonist?

Buckle up for Gappy to sacrifice himself so Joshu can reign supreme.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
gappy is going to die protecting yasuho and it's going to be extremely sad and hosed up

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

You ever notice how every even numbered Jojo doesn't directly defeat their antagonist?

Buckle up for Gappy to sacrifice himself so Joshu can reign supreme.

Jonathan doesn't either though.

E: for that matter, Joseph and Josuke defeated their baddies more directly than Jonathan did

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 4, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Gappy will somehow separate into his two component persons and Josefumi will travel to another dimension where he will save a mother and child trapped in a blizzard

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gappy's gonna be hit by Wrecking Ball, causing him to only be able to use half of his stand and body

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gappy is going to be killed by a falling tree after thinking that maybe his life will turn out alright despite having no real memory of his past

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gappy, Yasuho, and the Higashikatas take a vacation to Florida at the end of the series.

Joshu gets run over by Irene and gang.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
In the final chapter Joushuu just unbolts Gappy into his two constituent people, who are both fully healed and completely healthy.

He reveals he could have done it at any time, if he felt like it.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Part 9 is about Gappy and Yashuo's decadents

Joshu is basically that part's Stardust Crusaders Joseph

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

gappy is going to be killed by a falling tree after thinking that maybe his life will turn out alright despite having no real memory of his past

I'm going to scream

Moltrey's theory is the one I actually subscribe to since obviously if the series continues to part 9 it'll be their kids!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He would later die of an allergic reaction to a snickers.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gappy defeats all the odds and is the only citizen in morioh to be killed by a meteor

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

gappy defeats all the odds and is the only citizen in morioh to be killed by a meteor

Maybe that's what happened to Johnny :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

johnny was killed by a simple, god-fearing rock