Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
haha, whoops

asked my lucklord friend if i should do another 10+1 to boost aqours some

with her encouragement and my in game situation I figured sure ok

Two envelopes flipped over, the first Dia and the Kanan

ok time to go feed chika

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Die OP.

just gonna put that here because i know he'll say something along those lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

just gonna put that here because i know he'll say something along those lines

Well he's right.

Also "Fewer than 5 bad/miss, life 90+%, score 400,000" single song.
Is the last goddamn stop on the tour just gonna be a straight-up "Full Combo or gently caress off"?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Well he's right.

Also "Fewer than 5 bad/miss, life 90+%, score 400,000" single song.
Is the last goddamn stop on the tour just gonna be a straight-up "Full Combo or gently caress off"?

Amazingly, I did that on Pro Osanpo Camera. Close as hell, though. 400k on a single song with Pro can be rough.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sylphid posted:

Amazingly, I did that on Pro Osanpo Camera. Close as hell, though. 400k on a single song with Pro can be rough.

That's easier than say, getting a 1000 combo in a medley on Pro, at least.

Oh good one of today's songs is M@GIC⭐︎
Ugh all of these are kinda unpleasant except Apple Pie Princess and Memories. And I guess Mitsuboshi and Never Say Never aren't too bad.

gently caress Tsubomi, is what I'm saying.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Despite odds nominally being better post-4.0, I've had horrible luck with pulls I've made since. The chances of minimum wage are supposed to be pretty low now...

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Zenostein posted:

That's easier than say, getting a 1000 combo in a medley on Pro, at least.

Oh good one of today's songs is M@GIC⭐︎
Ugh all of these are kinda unpleasant except Apple Pie Princess and Memories. And I guess Mitsuboshi and Never Say Never aren't too bad.

gently caress Tsubomi, is what I'm saying.

M@GIC⭐︎ is my absolute least favorite song on Pro. Hate it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sylphid posted:

M@GIC⭐︎ is my absolute least favorite song on Pro. Hate it.

It's kinda fun on Master if you're into the groove, but if you're say, half-asleep it is hell.
Plus, it and everything around it is really not the sort of thing you want to be playing with a limited number of misses. They're all some combination of slider hell and "nah, you weren't holding that" for me.

Also hey the wiki says you can get Mios and Rins as mission completion rewards for the hidden 5th stages of the various areas. Which I guess unlock from clearing all the fourth missions which unlock from clearing everywhere's three? Seems they're not too clear on that over in wikisville.

Also hahaha 3 song, 2million score, 1,500 combo, you get 3 misses.

Although I kinda don't remember combo carrying over between songs? Maybe I'm just too rubbish for that to happen. Because if it's just requiring you to have made a series of combos totalling 1500, that's easy enough unless you're playing onegai three times or something.

MAXコンボが合計1,500以上 is the same as the max. miss/bad phrasing, though, and that carries over across songs.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I don't think any of those are actual combo needing to be that high. You just need that many Perfect/Greats. Combo doesn't carry over between songs.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
MAXコンボが合計○以上 is a separate mission from PERFECT、GREATが合計○以上.

The wiki explains the max combo one as totaling your max combos from each song so I'm guessing it takes your highest combo from each song and adds it up.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sonata Mused posted:

I don't think any of those are actual combo needing to be that high. You just need that many Perfect/Greats. Combo doesn't carry over between songs.

No, that definitely says combo.

It's also the 50 stamina mission 5 of the EX area, apparently. Those are in the places that are suspiciously empty for me right now. Which is nice, because it'd be weird to be in the Kyoto-ish region and not have a concert in Kyoto or Osaka. Same with the NE region and nothing on Hokkaido.

Here's the full listing, including conditions. and hopefully that url being full of japanese doesn't choke the forums' url parser.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Zettace posted:

MAXコンボが合計○以上 is a separate mission from PERFECT、GREATが合計○以上.

The wiki explains the max combo one as totaling your max combos from each song so I'm guessing it takes your highest combo from each song and adds it up.

Oh, that's still kinda rough.

e. Finally, I can say "quote is not edit"
But really, a shameful double-post

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Man, I'm gonna be fine just getting one Rin eventually.
also there is basically no shame in double-posting in this topic, i'd say

mileage varies in other topics but it ain't weird in the ones i make at least

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
What the heck, apparently prices in EN SIF are different between Android and iOS??? Android has very slightly cheaper love gems, significantly more expensive limited packs.

Android:

I don't have SSs of iOS, but my understanding is the gem prices all end in .99 and the packs are $29.99. Lame!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
double posting hasn't really been frowned on on SA in a while

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I think pointswise I'm halfway to Mio and 1/3 to Rin, so that's probably alright-ish. I'd say I'm also halfway to Mio and 1/4 way to Rin attendance-wise, but the number of attendees seems to increase depending on where you are, so it feels kinda difficult to estimate.

So instead, lets bask in the fact that the song high score for「Story」is a hair over 1million. I think I may have managed a 500k, once.

Yeah, but I think that might be the first time in all these years I've done the legendarily-stupid-looking "q!e.":feelsgood:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

double posting hasn't really been frowned on on SA in a while

It is in my heart

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did the ENSIF daily quests get taken out with the update?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't have SSs of iOS, but my understanding is the gem prices all end in .99 and the packs are $29.99. Lame!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/love-live!-school-idol-festival/id834030294 prices on the left, so, yeah. I suspect the Android prices are being currency-converted from yen but iirc Apple have a system where all in-app purchases are priced x.99 or x.50. At least, for dollars.

e: see also https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/love-live!-school-idol-festival/id834030294

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 2, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

kater posted:

Did the ENSIF daily quests get taken out with the update?

You get the daily rewards for playing one song now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Allarion posted:

You get the daily rewards for playing one song now.

Oh so that's why I keep getting all these love gems. That's great!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Whoever it was that said that Riko is mad depressing in her quotes on the main screen, she really is. I mean, drat girl, cheer up! I like her anime incarnation better, but in game, she just seems like a super downer.

Also, this event is kicking my rear end trying to stay safely in the middle of Tier 3 for the Dia SR. Probably gonna need to blow some more loveca soon to maintain rank when I wake up tomorrow, but that's not too bad since they're tossing them out like crazy with new idolizations, update rewards, goals and such.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 3, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I have to say, Rin and Mio are a bit more involved in terms of points / fans than might appear at first blush. I've hit the bricks plenty of times, and I'm still shy of getting Mio (9677 / 10000), and I'm still a long way from Rin (need 15,000 or 1 million fans. I'll almost certainly get 15,000 first).

I do have to wonder how they'll change up Live Parades in the future. Event songs, you get a new song / outfits / idol cards, and it's a different experience each time with a new song, even the means of progressing in the event is always the same. Live Bursts are the same thing, just with different rules, and Live Parties have the novelty of having co-op / competitive lives.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Sylphid posted:

I have to say, Rin and Mio are a bit more involved in terms of points / fans than might appear at first blush. I've hit the bricks plenty of times, and I'm still shy of getting Mio (9677 / 10000), and I'm still a long way from Rin (need 15,000 or 1 million fans. I'll almost certainly get 15,000 first).

On the bright side, you have almost a week left and the goal can't run away from you this time.
It's possible to get Rin early if you can manage to clear the last area and then finish the fifth event anywhere in the last three.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It astounds me that people can worry about double posting in a thread frequented by me, ZepiaEltnamOberon.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It astounds me that people can worry about double posting in a thread frequented by me, ZepiaEltnamOberon.

Look, it was a strange time, back when there were annual "you loving noob" emoticons. Goddamn bookmarks page wasn't autumn themed, either.

GhostStalker posted:

Whoever it was that said that Riko is mad depressing in her quotes on the main screen, she really is. I mean, drat girl, cheer up! I like her anime incarnation better, but in game, she just seems like a super downer.

Also, this event is kicking my rear end trying to stay safely in the middle of Tier 3 for the Dia SR. Probably gonna need to blow some more loveca soon to maintain rank when I wake up tomorrow, but that's not too bad since they're tossing them out like crazy with new idolizations, update rewards, goals and such.

Yeah, she's much more fun in the anime, but on the other hand, in between "yo I suck" I did learn she likes to paint. So that's pretty nice. …Somehow the quote about the sandwich seems weird. Like, not just 'hurrhuhrr make me a sammich' weird, but like, why a sandwich in particular?

Christmas Cake posted:

On the bright side, you have almost a week left and the goal can't run away from you this time.
It's possible to get Rin early if you can manage to clear the last area and then finish the fifth event anywhere in the last three.

Wouldn't you be at least halfway there on fans by the time you unlock EX mode, let alone the 5th tier events everywhere? The unlock total has to be at least 500,000.

happy octoberween https://twitter.com/morune1/status/782568188047269888

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 3, 2016

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The rares of Riko are hilariously depressing too, noticed while I was opening stuff.

Got a You UR which is just amazing. Seems strange that it's just some random thing but her SR is a freaking sailor uniform. More Yousoro! for everyone is a noble intention though.

Oh and my latest being baffled by new update question: What does the golden corner mean in the collection? There's sometimes one in the top left when browsing, and then sometimes the zoom in has one in top right?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

kater posted:

The rares of Riko are hilariously depressing too, noticed while I was opening stuff.

Got a You UR which is just amazing. Seems strange that it's just some random thing but her SR is a freaking sailor uniform. More Yousoro! for everyone is a noble intention though.

Oh and my latest being baffled by new update question: What does the golden corner mean in the collection? There's sometimes one in the top left when browsing, and then sometimes the zoom in has one in top right?

idolized, isn't it? Donno about the top right, but top left is the idolized marker. Maybe that's where it is on the cards themselves? I haven't paid that much attention/too many random cards idolized, not enough leveled/bonded.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh okay yeah that is it exactly. And the thing on the zoom is just whether they are in idol form or not.

I was looking for the deeper shade of red bloom to indicate a specific card was idolized. I... guess I probably made a mistake or two churning through a couple hundred normies.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:rip: those nameless idols.

they just wanted to shine

speaking of shining, shoutout to the "pick up all the poo poo in my room" button.

for the curious:
床設置ルームアイテム : Pick up all floor items
壁設置ルームアイテム : Pick up all wall items
効果つきルームアイテムを含める : Pick up items with effects (e.g. present boxes, music players)

Obviously, this is only good if you have enough storage space for everything, but hey. Makes refitting a dream.

Maybe now I will make a cafe~

Full of people who should probably not be drinking coffee, like Chie.

Chie you will never get taller if you drink all that coffee.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

speaking of shining, shoutout to the "pick up all the poo poo in my room" button.

Oh, that's cool, I've literally never tapped that before (it brought up the tutorial page). I'd still rather be able to just save/load layouts but that's a definite improvement on picking things up one at a time.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I almost have 150 gems for the solo Maki box (whenever these actually come). I think I have another 50-60 gems I can farm out of max bonding and idolizing all the random R's and Normies. Should bring me up enough to do a full Aqours pull after the event. Yay!

Also the missions in the 5th and 6th areas of the Live Parade are KINDA MEAN SOMETIMES. I failed the 80% life missions for so long because I was running the Kyoko SR from Love Letter and she is hell bent on me having to FC everything or die. This has since been corrected.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I almost have 150 gems for the solo Maki box (whenever these actually come). I think I have another 50-60 gems I can farm out of max bonding and idolizing all the random R's and Normies. Should bring me up enough to do a full Aqours pull after the event. Yay!

Also the missions in the 5th and 6th areas of the Live Parade are KINDA MEAN SOMETIMES. I failed the 80% life missions for so long because I was running the Kyoko SR from Love Letter and she is hell bent on me having to FC everything or die. This has since been corrected.

I swapped my secondary type teams to have a no damage or second healer for those life 80+% remaining missions. It's still a bit of a crapshoot with certain songs, but it helps a little.

Polsy posted:

Oh, that's cool, I've literally never tapped that before (it brought up the tutorial page). I'd still rather be able to just save/load layouts but that's a definite improvement on picking things up one at a time.

Oh yeah it's very much a one-trick pony, but that one trick is excellent if it's what you're doing. Probably the best option for making sweeping changes without being the sims and letting you shift-drag stuff. Now if only I could buy multiple things all at once, or select stuff from storage without the panel closing itself every time…

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
drat the first mission in the EX area is tough. 90%+ life left and 450k on a single song, without a support idol. Not that easy. I figure Rockin' Emotion Master is my best shot, and even then, I'd have to have a pitch-perfect run at it.

Late Edit:

Had to bring out all the big guns for this. Anya / Miu for healing, Arisu for Overload, and my SSR Minami / Sachiko for Overload / Points respectively. That was pretty rough, lemme tell ya. A Full Combo on Bright Blue was basically the only way my current skill level could make that 450k hurdle.

Also, Bright Blue may not be trending in the game, but it's always trending in my heart.

I'm glad we're at a point where there's no question Fumika came from heaven.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 4, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
450k is easy to get by doing decent in a multi-type song since your support members of the wrong type will also get the bonus unlike single type songs.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, she's much more fun in the anime, but on the other hand, in between "yo I suck" I did learn she likes to paint. So that's pretty nice. …Somehow the quote about the sandwich seems weird. Like, not just 'hurrhuhrr make me a sammich' weird, but like, why a sandwich in particular?

Yeah, that sandwich line from her was really weird, especially when I noticed it on my SR the first time and it hadn't been voiced yet. She's just so drat self-deprecating, it's annoying hearing that practically every line. I wish one of her newer SR/UR cards could fit in her kabedon fetish from the anime, that'd be cool.

Also man, I keep barely maintaining my position in the middle of Tier 3 day by day. Seems everyone wants to get this Dia SR...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 4, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, that sandwich line from her was really weird, especially when I noticed it on my SR the first time and it hadn't been voiced yet. She's just so drat self-deprecating, it's annoying hearing that practically every line. I wish one of her newer SR/UR cards could fit in her kadedon fetish from the anime, that'd be cool.

Also man, I keep barely maintaining my position in the middle of Tier 3 day by day. Seems everyone wants to get this Dia SR...

is my basic opinion of trying to tier in SIF.

I feel like trying to work the kabedon thing into a 2second voice clip like that would be kinda impossible. Really, more "sure I'll do you a favor but you can't copy my homework" and less "I AM THE GREYEST GIRL IN TOKYOTHE STICKS" would be nice.

I haven't actually set anyone else as partner, though. Are they all sorta broken records? Is You just sea shanties and uniforms?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Zenostein posted:

I haven't actually set anyone else as partner, though. Are they all sorta broken records? Is You just sea shanties and uniforms?

I've had Ruby, Mari, Dia, Chika, Yohane, Maru, and You pop up for me randomly when playing in Aqours mode that I remember. Ruby is a nervous wreck and such, even more so than Riko; Dia is all imperious and to the point, but she has a cute line or two (pudding!); Chika is her normal hyper self and talks about her family's inn from time to time; Yohane is Yohane; Mari peppers in foreign words and talks about rock and roll and riding horses sometimes; and Maru talks about reading and says "Zura" a couple times, apologizing for her accent when she catches herself during those lines; You talks about sailing and boats and high dives, no uniform talk in sight save for (I think?) a Side Story during her intro (and maybe one of the Aqours stories when they introduce the second years? I forget).

They're no more broken records than the µ's members when you hear their lines so often.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 5, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ah, that is a good point. God knows I've heard that Eli's the President, and Nozomi's her vice president a million drat times. Maybe I'll stick Mari out there for a bit, see if any of her lines are as good as 「my japanese heart」in that one side story.

I kinda wish that when other people pop in on the home screen, they stuck around for a bit, rather than vanishing when you change pages. Half the time I've clicked to another tab before I even realize, so the most I've heard from them in that mode is "don't forget about me" phrased like 20 different ways.

Also lol still haven't unlocked EXarea. Should probably remember to use the +x% items, and then also not do so only to gently caress up one of the missions and maybe end up with a few less attendees than if I hadn't messed up in the first place.

I feel like I discovered this ages ago and forgot, but expiring premium currency (loveca/star jewels/etc.) is some mobage-rear end poo poo and it is awful. That said, I did finally get a Plat-ranked idol in tokyo 7th because I had to spend them.

It's still some mobage as hell.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 4, 2016

Cialis Railman
Apr 20, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Dia on the home screen is pretty great, she occasionally decides to gush about how cute Ruby is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

You realize, of course, this is a completely unacceptable idol number, right?