Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

glitchwraith posted:

Her show certainly is.

Her show is adorable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

An adorable racist.

Uhh

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's racist the same way most old sitcoms are racist. Non white characters are always sterotypes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're doing 6 seasons of an incredibly racist show, you're a racist. You're making money from and promoting racism.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Kat Dennings is like Maya Rudolph to me.

I think they are both very funny, personable, and attractive actresses, but every major show or movie role they have is either terrible or bland.

It really sucks, because they are genuine comedic talents and entertaining people.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

If you're doing 6 seasons of an incredibly racist show, you're a racist. You're making money from and promoting racism.

So two broke girls is racist?

I dont watch it so I have no idea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's every -ist in the book.

Except Sunk.

But by far its worst crime is having a loving applause break when Jennifer Coolidge kramers into a scene. And yeah I had to look her name up, because nobody cares about Stifler's mom.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Except Sunk.

But by far its worst crime is having a loving applause break when Jennifer Coolidge kramers into a scene. And yeah I had to look her name up, because nobody cares about Stifler's mom.

Glad I stayed away from that awful looking show then.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm glad Garrett Morris still getting work though. My favorite not ready for prime time player and least appreciated.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MacheteZombie posted:

So two broke girls is racist?

I dont watch it so I have no idea.

It's built on lazy stereotypes and the attractiveness of the leads.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's built on lazy stereotypes and the attractiveness of the leads.

So, a major network sitcom, then?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

So, a major network sitcom, then?

Color me shocked :geno:

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

More damningly, she made money from Big Momma's House 2.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Except Sunk.

Shitbreak cares.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Rhyno posted:

Paltrow is awful so I'm all for never using her in anything again.

But have you seen her abs in IM3????

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Paltrow is awful so I'm all for never using her in anything again.

http://www.onionstudios.com/videos/iron-man-2-buzz-heats-up-over-rumors-gwyneth-paltrow-gets-punched-in-face-1360

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always imagined that she got mad she can't promote her BS health cures in the movies.

"Why couldn't Tony's heart be fixed by cupping?"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

This is more well researched than most real news about comics.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So only today do I found out Shane Black was the dorky guy with the bad jokes in Predator.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

So only today do I found out Shane Black was the dorky guy with the bad jokes in Predator.

:aaaaa:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hawkins had a pretty good time after the jungle.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Why'd you say that twice?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Codependent Poster posted:

If we get a replacement Thor I'd rather see Beta Ray Bill first.

No love for Thunderstrike?

No not really

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Electromax posted:

Jarvis, send me the mark 902 so I can teach David Blaine here some new tricks

This loving rules.

And, drat, we're ragging on Paltrow now? I thought she was great in all three movies and was one of the few instances in the MCU where the love interest didn't poo poo up the film. What did people not like about the Pepper Potts character?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They don't like Paltrow because she's an insane alt-health person who pushes junk science cures and wellness solutions like vagina steaming.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

greatn posted:

They don't like Paltrow because she's an insane alt-health person who pushes junk science cures and wellness solutions like vagina steaming.

Are you supposed to just let your vagina air dry? Not all of us have that kind of free time.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nice try, buddy, there's no way I'm googling 'vagina steaming'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: Eh, not appropriate for this thread

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 3, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah but that's in character for tony stark.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

According to Ben Affleck the current name for his Batman movie is The Batman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this? posted:

Have they said if it will be pre or post BvS? I think by this point, even the more die hard, love everything with Batmans logo on it, fans want to see an established and confident Bruce.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

twistedmentat posted:

Have they said if it will be pre or post BvS? I think by this point, even the more die hard, love everything with Batmans logo on it, fans want to see an established and confident Bruce.

It's post.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

spooky like this! posted:

The sequel is The Goddamn Batman I assume? For full meme-ification?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

This loving rules.

And, drat, we're ragging on Paltrow now? I thought she was great in all three movies and was one of the few instances in the MCU where the love interest didn't poo poo up the film. What did people not like about the Pepper Potts character?

Far as I'm concerned Pepper and Tony is the best romantic subplot in a super-hero film since Reeve's first two Superman pictures (and maybe Mask of the Phantasm).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Pepper desperately tries to convince Tony not to be a manchild, he fails miserably, she ditches his rear end and he becomes a Redditer" is a pretty good subplot, it's true.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Karloff posted:

Far as I'm concerned Pepper and Tony is the best romantic subplot in a super-hero film since Reeve's first two Superman pictures (and maybe Mask of the Phantasm).

I really enjoyed how there wasn't this melodramatic love story in the first Iron Man. It was a refreshing change of pace from all the other Superhero movies of that era.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Karloff posted:

So we're just going to ignore Cap and Bucky, then?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Jamesman posted:

So we're just going to ignore Cap and Bucky, then?

We're only counting text, not sub-text

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CzarChasm posted:

We're only counting text, not sub-text

So Cap and Tony, gotcha. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to this pdf Guardians of the Galaxy has the most on screen deaths of any movie ever. The important thing is "on screen" which doesn't count stuff like planets blowing up in Star Wars. The thing that puts it over the top is the part where all the Nova Corp ships blow up. They claim they counted each one and use the earlier scene where you see that each ship is a one seater. Apparently the group who did this compared over 600 movies.

The final total :83,871

• Locked thread