Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

agreed, but his best piece is Tower of Song

doo wa da da
da doo wa dap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sagebrush posted:

agreed, but his best piece is Tower of Song

doo wa da da
da doo wa dap

Bird on a Wire or Maryanne are my faves

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

i like to play forensic internet anthropologist with these kind of things. e.g. when was this posted? and who posted it? most of the music and films are like 80s/90s, comics and tv dates to the mid00s. they're kinda dated / mainstream / popular to be like serious hipster stuff now. all ur really missing is a reference to hacky sack or contact juggling for peak 2005... but there's bojack which dates to no more than two years ago.

a house full of thirty something underemployed evergreen grads explains it all

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

PCjr sidecar posted:

i like to play forensic internet anthropologist with these kind of things. e.g. when was this posted? and who posted it? most of the music and films are like 80s/90s, comics and tv dates to the mid00s. they're kinda dated / mainstream / popular to be like serious hipster stuff now. all ur really missing is a reference to hacky sack or contact juggling for peak 2005... but there's bojack which dates to no more than two years ago.

a house full of thirty something underemployed evergreen grads explains it all
about two days ago, according to craigslist

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

THC posted:

leonard owns and his version of 'hallelujah' is the best, gently caress all the lovely pop covers
Buckley is best

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Millstone posted:

Buckley is best

nope

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

I just checked and yeah. Unless you want to fall asleep then by all means

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Shaggar posted:

idk what that is

Neither does anyone else, including the people in charge of it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
it's a chat app that has "natural language recognition" meaning that when the app finds /lunch/i it will tell you the opening times of your nearby fast foor restaurant.

also iirc you can only install it on one device you own at a time for some reason

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
and you can make the text really big or really small

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Millstone posted:

Buckley is best

yeah

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wheany posted:

it's a chat app that has "natural language recognition" meaning that when the app finds /lunch/i it will tell you the opening times of your nearby fast foor restaurant.

also iirc you can only install it on one device you own at a time for some reason

if you install it on anotehr device, it deletes all your chats and contacts

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Looks like hangouts doesn't do push notifications anymore, as of a few days ago I must open the app itself to see any notification for messages sent hours before

These conversations are in hangouts tho so I can't claim any reasonable expectation of consistency

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i am switching to google fi next month and getting a goldphone huge or whatever the current equivalent is. p excited my dudes

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Progressive JPEG posted:

Looks like hangouts doesn't do push notifications anymore, as of a few days ago I must open the app itself to see any notification for messages sent hours before

These conversations are in hangouts tho so I can't claim any reasonable expectation of consistency

works for me, sorry your broke your own poo poo

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
google event starting in 1 hour. trying to work up an erection but I've got nothing

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender

Endless Mike posted:

if you install it on anotehr device,

unlikely

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

here's the official stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4y0KOeXViI

also:

revmoo posted:

S6 Active, 6.0.1 -- How do I disable OTA updates? I'm getting them all the time, they interrupt what I'm doing on my phone, disable it for 5-25 minutes at a time at inconvenient times, and are breaking features that I actually use on the phone. I want to completely disable all updates until a root comes available for this phone. How do I go about doing this?

"i want to skip getting security updates so i can open a massive security hole in my phone"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol, they're already loving it up by playing the music over the skit

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

indeed

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

and now here's a guy in a polo shirt with a flashdance collar

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
no, rick. just no.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

the next big innovation will be at the intersection of hardware and software

bad news for everyone running software with pencils, these geniuses have managed to get it running on hardware

e:

quote:

and there's no unslightly camera bump

pause for laughter

awkward breathy giggle

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Hey look it's the same camera angles and slow rotation that Apple used in its videos.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
'no unsightly camera bump'

:f5:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"mobile virtual reality"

cardboard hat with your phone in it, walking around schmuckily

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
"I like to listen music on YouTube" lol

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

quote:

(BUT NOT ALLO, GOOGLE)
by Ron Amadeo 12:24

That was SMS. The Assistant also works with other messaging apps, like Whatsapp and Viber.
by Ron Amadeo 12:24

(Next up we're texting by voice, also not new.)
by Ron Amadeo 12:23

(Now he asked for a video and it played it, all stuff you can do today)

(I'm pretty sure you can do all of this on your phone now, the interface is just different)

hardware is hard.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
this is Siri isn't it? I feel like this is the same thing that's already been on phones for ages.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZB2s3-Q15s

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
unlimited storage for photos, very nice

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Management posted:

"I like to listen music on YouTube" lol

there are entire radio shows at the local station that are people playing youtubes over the air

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
only exciting things are the unlimited storage and that fast charging.

everything else is just boring crap.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

isn't youtube still one of the main ways them youngins find new music

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

This is the worst keynote

everything 100% leaked including the lovely price for mediocre incremental hardware upgrades

go gently caress yourself G wheezy sweet

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

wow, VR. I don't care

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

unlimited storage has already been a thing for like two years? and it's not at original resolution

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol costs as much as an iphone. there goes the only reason people actually bought nexuses

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Endless Mike posted:

lol costs as much as an iphone. there goes the only reason people actually bought nexuses

Carrier-locked to Verizon too, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

trilljester posted:

Carrier-locked to Verizon too, correct?

unlocked version available on their website. good luck getting support if it breaks, though.

• Locked thread